Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Random is Random?

Topic closed. 174 replies. Last post 2 years ago by ElinaSammy2081.

Page 11 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
20147 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

within the limits of each lottery, the natural selection of numbers, it is done through a factor of probability in their positions in a coordinate effect now the problem is how to find these standards ???

"now the problem is how to find these standards ???"

Now that you know what the problem is, you can start working on a solution.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    4389 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

RJ

I think Ronnie got booted.

RL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      20147 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

RJ

I think Ronnie got booted.

RL

I kinda figured that after Stack mentioned he was last listed as a "guest".

Evil Looking       

bgonçalves
        Brasil
        Member #92564
        June 9, 2010
        2315 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2015, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

rojh, stars form patterns (drawing as a matrix) example Alpha Crucis (southern cruise), then the steles can give us indications to view drawings in the matrix of a lottery !!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          20147 Posts
          Posted: August 15, 2015, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

rojh, stars form patterns (drawing as a matrix) example Alpha Crucis (southern cruise), then the steles can give us indications to view drawings in the matrix of a lottery !!

"rojh, stars form patterns"

So do random lottery drawings but I wouldn't have any idea of how to take advantage of this even as last night MM drawing repeated a pattern that has happened in 10% of its previous drawings.   I'm guessing no one else does either since there wasn't a match5 winner in last night's drawing.  It's the only game I've found where one pattern has repeated so often, in other games the most popular patterns repeat less than 5% of the times.

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: August 15, 2015, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Same with me, I accept random is unpredictable but that's no reason to not try predicting the results of the next drawing using information about previous drawings. 

I can do no worst than QP's plus I can avoid duplicates and repeats which seldom happens in the games I play.  Besides I play jackpot games where being right once is a life time is good enough.

@unpredicatable random

1) For a lottery we have a machine which is the same or a spare one at each drawing.
            2) The ball sets may change, but the size and the amount of drawn numbers or balls is the same.

@what doesn't happen

We won't have only 5 numbers drawn for a pick 6.

@what can we think

Eventually due to the balls located at the same place and all constant variables like for example the game size,
            wouldn't it be possible that the random mathematics is falling on the nose?

Accepting blindly that random mathematics is true, is ending in two understandings.
            A) any case can be, all theories of lotterypost are wrong, and they are.
            B) joining A), there are dominant cases that you might try to find, but you have trouble with this as there are too many cases and the lifteime of the game might even be shorter than your own lifetime.
            C) any working trick might be hidden anyway, you don't want to dilute your payout, and this is rule number one, and if it is not, then your are a full blooded IDIOT.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
              Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: August 15, 2015, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

@Garyo

You are a full blooded obfuscator

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1480 Posts
                Posted: August 15, 2015, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, but I don't understand how this ongoing discussion is going to help anyone choose winning numbers.
                Lottery officials no doubt at one point decided that the drawing equipment they bought will provide results that are sufficiently
                random for lottery play.
                Personally, I think the machines are doing a good job.
                Random is an interesting topic, but, face it, if the drawing equipment was the same as our government uses to encrypt classified material there
                wouldn't be many winners and ultimately, no game.
                It is what it is.
                All we can do is study the results and try to find ways to win.
                My opinion, of course.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  20147 Posts
                  Posted: August 15, 2015, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, but I don't understand how this ongoing discussion is going to help anyone choose winning numbers.
                  Lottery officials no doubt at one point decided that the drawing equipment they bought will provide results that are sufficiently
                  random for lottery play.
                  Random is an interesting topic, but, face it, if the drawing equipment was the same as our government uses to encrypt classified material there
                  It is what it is.
                  My opinion, of course.

"Sorry, but I don't understand how this ongoing discussion is going to help anyone choose winning numbers."

Sometimes it's having a clear understanding of what we don't understand keeps us from going down a road that leads to nowhere.  If this thread accomplishes no more than that then it will have been well worth the read.

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1875 Posts
                    Posted: August 15, 2015, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

random for lottery play.
                    It is what it is.
                    My opinion, of course.

Too lazy to pull up charts. Hopefully it gives an avenue to explore. As a certain poster on this page said: my ob-foo is strong.

On the surface it may appear to be a dumb thread. But a first time reader/guest can visit every forum (and almost any thread) and see the word random. Everybody has a opinion of what random is; everybody uses it; so what happens when people are given the option of defining what they mean by random?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      Bronx, NY
                      United States
                      Member #164554
                      March 6, 2015
                      1372 Posts
                      Posted: August 15, 2015, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

@Garyo

You are a full blooded obfuscator

I wish I was an obfuscator.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7611 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2015, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Too lazy to pull up charts. Hopefully it gives an avenue to explore. As a certain poster on this page said: my ob-foo is strong.

On the surface it may appear to be a dumb thread. But a first time reader/guest can visit every forum (and almost any thread) and see the word random. Everybody has a opinion of what random is; everybody uses it; so what happens when people are given the option of defining what they mean by random?

"Everybody has a opinion of what random is; everybody uses it; so what happens when people are given the option of defining what they mean by random?"

Based on lots of the systems in this forum (especially pick-3 and pick-4 systems), their definitions of random can't apply to drawings. If a system includes adding, subtracting or whatever to specific drawings to create future results, the drawings cannot be random because the results are known decades before. 

"If it works, you can plan your plays as far ahead as you like. Want to know the winning four digits for draw 7354? Just do the math BOOM! There it is."

The "make a digit pyramid using the month, day, and year" uses 21 digits, many of them multiple, but 3 digits don't appear in "today's workout". Don't want to knock anybodies system, but only 6 out of the 24 drawings matched three of today's digits and the pick-4 only did only slightly better with 10 matches. Without any instructions on which 3 or 4 digits to use, it's not really a system at all.

Creating another self designed-random drawing trying to match the real drawing results isn't much different than using a lottery terminal QPs.

United States
                          Member #167543
                          July 18, 2015
                          703 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2015, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

"Everybody has a opinion of what random is; everybody uses it; so what happens when people are given the option of defining what they mean by random?"

Based on lots of the systems in this forum (especially pick-3 and pick-4 systems), their definitions of random can't apply to drawings. If a system includes adding, subtracting or whatever to specific drawings to create future results, the drawings cannot be random because the results are known decades before. 

"If it works, you can plan your plays as far ahead as you like. Want to know the winning four digits for draw 7354? Just do the math BOOM! There it is."

The "make a digit pyramid using the month, day, and year" uses 21 digits, many of them multiple, but 3 digits don't appear in "today's workout". Don't want to knock anybodies system, but only 6 out of the 24 drawings matched three of today's digits and the pick-4 only did only slightly better with 10 matches. Without any instructions on which 3 or 4 digits to use, it's not really a system at all.

Creating another self designed-random drawing trying to match the real drawing results isn't much different than using a lottery terminal QPs.

they will eventually hit somewhere

jsnake

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7611 Posts
                            Posted: August 18, 2015, 12:11 am - IP Logged

they will eventually hit somewhere

jsnake

023 "eventually hit" in Ohio; after over 11,000 misses.

United States
                              Member #132100
                              August 26, 2012
                              1243 Posts
                              Posted: August 18, 2015, 2:20 am - IP Logged

Random?

https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/random

https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/learner/random

My own definition of "Random":

"Statistical probability", maybe for people to better understand I will write:

"Statistical chance", but that is not quite right, "Statistical probability" is as close as right as I can define "Random", but to me there is no "random" there instead is "Statistical probability", of course, I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

Page 11 of 12