Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Random is Random?

Topic closed. 174 replies. Last post 1 year ago by ElinaSammy2081.

Page 12 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5961 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2015, 7:04 am - IP Logged

You and me both.

example Fl Combined, position 3, 34 draws since a digit repeated. The previous skips 7,3,1,0,34, eve draw 550. I think digit 0 will repeat, statistic wise.

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
    Texas
    United States
    Member #150797
    December 31, 2013
    821 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2015, 7:31 am - IP Logged

"I think digit 0 will repeat, statistic wise."

Always a good bet and a stellar example of how random isn't really that random.  You would expect a random system to log the same proportion of hits at each skip increment, but the Zero Skip is usually (always?) the highest proportion of hits.

For example, 27% of doubles hit at skip 0, a further 20% at skip 1, another 15% at skip 2, and so on, with the percentage decreasing with each increase in the skip count.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #4924
      June 3, 2004
      5961 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2015, 8:02 am - IP Logged

Always a good bet and a stellar example of how random isn't really that random.  You would expect a random system to log the same proportion of hits at each skip increment, but the Zero Skip is usually (always?) the highest proportion of hits.

For example, 27% of doubles hit at skip 0, a further 20% at skip 1, another 15% at skip 2, and so on, with the percentage decreasing with each increase in the skip count.

Tia, a very good example, you just gave. You will make a very good Lottery Detective

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1823 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2015, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Hey there Lottery Detective!

GOOD INFO!

We need to pick your brain more often!

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7341 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2015, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

"rojh, stars form patterns"

So do random lottery drawings but I wouldn't have any idea of how to take advantage of this even as last night MM drawing repeated a pattern that has happened in 10% of its previous drawings.   I'm guessing no one else does either since there wasn't a match5 winner in last night's drawing.  It's the only game I've found where one pattern has repeated so often, in other games the most popular patterns repeat less than 5% of the times.

"So do random lottery drawings but I wouldn't have any idea of how to take advantage of this even as last night MM drawing repeated a pattern that has happened in 10% of its previous drawings."

We have random drawings that follow probability (plus or minus standard deviation) so maybe we should be looking for something else. I was looking at the Ohio Classic Lotto statistics and the number of hits vary from 1 to 11 in the last 100 drawings. Not saying they are easy to find, but there are numbers that will be drawn 10 or 11 times in the next 100 drawings.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19893 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2015, 12:00 am - IP Logged

"So do random lottery drawings but I wouldn't have any idea of how to take advantage of this even as last night MM drawing repeated a pattern that has happened in 10% of its previous drawings."

We have random drawings that follow probability (plus or minus standard deviation) so maybe we should be looking for something else. I was looking at the Ohio Classic Lotto statistics and the number of hits vary from 1 to 11 in the last 100 drawings. Not saying they are easy to find, but there are numbers that will be drawn 10 or 11 times in the next 100 drawings.

"We have random drawings that follow probability (plus or minus standard deviation) so maybe we should be looking for something else."

That was my point, I have no idea of what that something else is.  I've kept my eye on Ohio Classic Lotto because it's the only game I've ever come within one number of hitting the jackpot but its odds of 1:54 to match3 for $2 aren't as attractive as MM odds of 1:15 of matching 0+1 for $1.  I might play 10 lines tomorrow just for the heck of it and its jackpot is getting decent again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7341 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2015, 12:14 am - IP Logged

"We have random drawings that follow probability (plus or minus standard deviation) so maybe we should be looking for something else."

That was my point, I have no idea of what that something else is.  I've kept my eye on Ohio Classic Lotto because it's the only game I've ever come within one number of hitting the jackpot but its odds of 1:54 to match3 for $2 aren't as attractive as MM odds of 1:15 of matching 0+1 for $1.  I might play 10 lines tomorrow just for the heck of it and its jackpot is getting decent again.

If it's based on results, I hit 5 out of 6 using all the numbers, but used the same lines for multiple drawings. I used a makeshift system for a few months, but never had more than a four number match.

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                Bronx, NY
                United States
                Member #164554
                March 6, 2015
                1221 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2015, 2:52 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

I play NY take5 I look at my charts and study for hours and ask myself what is it that I am over looking is only a 5/39 game it should be a piece of cake. Unfortunately is not that or simple I do mange 2/5 that's just a free play.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19893 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2015, 9:37 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

I play NY take5 I look at my charts and study for hours and ask myself what is it that I am over looking is only a 5/39 game it should be a piece of cake. Unfortunately is not that or simple I do mange 2/5 that's just a free play.

Ohio has a 5/39 game Rolling Cash5 with over 3900 drawings, maybe I should be looking at it closer but it's a daily game which means everything changes daily and you must have a working plan in place ready to go.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    Bronx, NY
                    United States
                    Member #164554
                    March 6, 2015
                    1221 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2015, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Ohio has a 5/39 game Rolling Cash5 with over 3900 drawings, maybe I should be looking at it closer but it's a daily game which means everything changes daily and you must have a working plan in place ready to go.

Yes in NY is a daily game plus I keep charts for pick 3, pick 4, pick 10, MM, NY lotto and take five so I have a lot of charts and I have ten notebooks filled with workouts and lottery information I have learned so much from LP.

Page 12 of 12