Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Random is Random?

Topic closed. 174 replies. Last post 1 year ago by ElinaSammy2081.

Page 4 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
Member #132100
August 26, 2012
1108 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2015, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Gary. I'll study your suggestion and see how it goes. The game has over 5000 draw history so there is enough data to code and back test any idea one might have.

I think you might be comparing it to the games you have in the States, but it's quite different actually. It's a 5/90 game but almost nobody bets on five numbers. Most folks select and bet on two numbers. So it's more like a 2/90 game. There are 4005 two-number combinations from the 90. If you are sure of your two numbers, you go and sell the farm and bet it all on those two numbers!! The payoff is 200 times whatever you bet.

Well, then the chance might be 1/4005, no wonder that it pays X 200.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1847 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2015, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Well, then the chance might be 1/4005, no wonder that it pays X 200.

Gotta be more to it than that. 90 times 89 = 8010. If it doesn't matter which order the pair falls, then you have 1/4005 for one pair.

But If 1/90 pays $200, then they might as well shut that lottery down now.

I spend $90 to play 90 numbers (one each in the first position). I win $200.

I spend $180. Win $400.

I spend $270. Win $600.

I spend $360. Win $800.

I spend $480. Win $1000.

So far I've spent $1080 (all lottery money). I've won $3000.

This time I spend $20 a number. Cost $1800 (of the lottery money).

I win $4000.

I double that bet. $3600. Win $8000.

A couple of more bets, I'm now playing $100 a number, ($9000 total) to win $20000.

There is no way to lose as long as I keep putting each of the 90 numbers in the first position At $1 a play I spend $90 with a guaranteed win of $200. 

Lottery officials begin begging you to quit playing. Soon the government is asking for loans.

There is more to this game than we know or understand.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Ghana
      Member #134837
      November 8, 2012
      9 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2015, 3:49 am - IP Logged

Gotta be more to it than that. 90 times 89 = 8010. If it doesn't matter which order the pair falls, then you have 1/4005 for one pair.

But If 1/90 pays $200, then they might as well shut that lottery down now.

I spend $90 to play 90 numbers (one each in the first position). I win $200.

I spend $180. Win $400.

I spend $270. Win $600.

I spend $360. Win $800.

I spend $480. Win $1000.

So far I've spent $1080 (all lottery money). I've won $3000.

This time I spend $20 a number. Cost $1800 (of the lottery money).

I win $4000.

I double that bet. $3600. Win $8000.

A couple of more bets, I'm now playing $100 a number, ($9000 total) to win $20000.

There is no way to lose as long as I keep putting each of the 90 numbers in the first position At $1 a play I spend $90 with a guaranteed win of $200. 

Lottery officials begin begging you to quit playing. Soon the government is asking for loans.

There is more to this game than we know or understand.

Hmmm Gary, you wish!! Maybe I didn't explain things well. My bad. 

If you bet on one number and that number is the first to be drawn, the pay off is 36 times your stake amount. So your scheme fails right there.

For two numbers (the order does not matter) the payoff is 200 times the bet amount. For 3 numbers it is 1700 times the bet amount. Four numbers pay 4,445 times and 5 numbers pay 35,500 times the bet amount.

Yes, If it was as easy as you thought, the game would have folded up long ago. It has been in continuous existence since 1962 and is drawn daily.

I know most of you are only interested in the stateside games.  I only mentioned the game here when RL said he previously had a tool that could pin down a couple of numbers once in a while. If you could pin down one number in every five, six or even seven draws, that would be another matter. 

We all know predictions based on normal statistics (hot/cold etc) won't pin down a number accurately once every five draws.  I've coded and back tested all kinds of schemes and algorithms (including a modified T-lex that sees it as a 2/90 game).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19903 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2015, 9:01 am - IP Logged

If you bet on one number and that number is the first to be drawn, the pay off is 36 times your stake amount. So your scheme fails right there.

For two numbers (the order does not matter) the payoff is 200 times the bet amount. For 3 numbers it is 1700 times the bet amount. Four numbers pay 4,445 times and 5 numbers pay 35,500 times the bet amount.

Yes, If it was as easy as you thought, the game would have folded up long ago. It has been in continuous existence since 1962 and is drawn daily.

I know most of you are only interested in the stateside games.  I only mentioned the game here when RL said he previously had a tool that could pin down a couple of numbers once in a while. If you could pin down one number in every five, six or even seven draws, that would be another matter. 

We all know predictions based on normal statistics (hot/cold etc) won't pin down a number accurately once every five draws.  I've coded and back tested all kinds of schemes and algorithms (including a modified T-lex that sees it as a 2/90 game).

"I only mentioned the game here when RL said he previously had a tool that could pin down a couple of numbers once in a while. If you could pin down one number in every five, six or even seven draws, that would be another matter." 

Even if RL had such a tool he was probably talking about a game with an American format like a 5/39 game where the odds of matching 2 are 1:10 naturally.  Sounds like matching 2 in your game would have to be a lot harder than that.

Do your game have a website where one can see present and past winners?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          4093 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2015, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I found the program and here is a picture.  I had to build a database to get it to run but what it does

is search every pair of numbers from the previous draw.  There are 10 pairs in a 5-number draw set

and after moving through the 10 pairs it would rate the numbers from best to worst.  The rating was

calculated by using the numbers of hits vs the current games out.  At least one number would come

from the top hitters.  The program was built when my pick-5 game was a 5-30 and it's limited to a 

5-40. 

RL 

2-number

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Ghana
            Member #134837
            November 8, 2012
            9 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2015, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

"Do your game have a website where one can see present and past winners?"

Ya, RJOh. But apparently I'm not allowed to post a link here.

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1847 Posts
              Posted: July 28, 2015, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the explanation. It's all good. When I started looking at the numbers I needed the additional info since the 1 in 90 for $200 total wasn't adding up.

Spending $90 to win $36. Bad idea. LMAO

Happy to get that cleared up.

Thanks!

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Ghana
                Member #134837
                November 8, 2012
                9 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2015, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

I found the program and here is a picture.  I had to build a database to get it to run but what it does

is search every pair of numbers from the previous draw.  There are 10 pairs in a 5-number draw set

and after moving through the 10 pairs it would rate the numbers from best to worst.  The rating was

calculated by using the numbers of hits vs the current games out.  At least one number would come

from the top hitters.  The program was built when my pick-5 game was a 5-30 and it's limited to a 

5-40. 

RL 

2-number

Great, RL. I'm trying to understand the screen and the business logic so please bear with me.

So we take the 10 pairs from the current draw and search for the number of times they've hit. Is this over the entire draw history or over a certain number of draws?

We also compute the current games out for each of those 10 pairs.

Now, what is the formula for calculating the rating using the number of hits vs the current games out?

Once we have the ratings, which ones are considered the top hitters from which you said: "At least one number would come

from the top hitters."?

Thanks for your patience.

Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1847 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2015, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Great, RL. I'm trying to understand the screen and the business logic so please bear with me.

So we take the 10 pairs from the current draw and search for the number of times they've hit. Is this over the entire draw history or over a certain number of draws?

We also compute the current games out for each of those 10 pairs.

Now, what is the formula for calculating the rating using the number of hits vs the current games out?

Once we have the ratings, which ones are considered the top hitters from which you said: "At least one number would come

from the top hitters."?

Thanks for your patience.

Suggestion:

Upload the results you have to a hosting site like Box and post the link.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19903 Posts
                    Posted: July 28, 2015, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

"Do your game have a website where one can see present and past winners?"

Ya, RJOh. But apparently I'm not allowed to post a link here.

Thanks for the response, I did a web search and found other countries along with your country have 5/90 games.  Interesting, maybe the smaller matrixs weren't challenging enough.

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1847 Posts
                      Posted: July 28, 2015, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the response, I did a web search and found other countries along with your country have 5/90 games.  Interesting, maybe the smaller matrixs weren't challenging enough.

RJOH, apparently this game is big business in Ghana. There are at least a couple of Facebook pages dedicated to predicting the outcome. Several articles talk about the professional predictors, people who make a living predicting the outcome.

As you mention there are several 5/90s, and at least one is a jackpot game with the current pot at $246,000. Haven't found any past results for any of them.

Same question about a banker number has been asked in many places. In the Narialand forum a poster identified as the GamblingQueen has been posting her predictions since Feb,2013! Shocked

Now, while I appreciate Cobby for participating in this thread, I hope he can appreciate my asking that he not turn this thread into the Ghana Lottery discussion. The reason I ask: Few, if any, have the results available, know the rules, or have access to the result. Without any of that, we're left with little to offer in the way of insight or help. 

Thanks,

G

United States
                        Member #116344
                        September 8, 2011
                        3941 Posts
                        Posted: July 28, 2015, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

It's a 5/90 game. There's really no jackpot per se. The prize structure is multiples of what you bet. You can bet on anything from two to all the five numbers. For example, you can bet $1 on two numbers. If your two numbers are among the five drawn, you'll be paid $200. Three, four and five correct numbers pay higher multiples of your bet amount.

Actually, you can even bet on one number, but it has to be the first number drawn to win.

So, back to RL's point. If you could pin down one number correctly in say one out of every five games,  you'd ahead. Even once out of every seven games is ok.  But pinning down one number that often is quite elusive.

This is a matrix 5/90 of italian lotto  where the en was derived, basically the enalotto is equivalent to mega or powerball. The prize tag of 5/90 lotto is fixed, your betting amount is proportional to your prize. In Italy,5/90 is played in 10 States, and is very easy to win considerable sum. With matrix like this, probability is out of the equation(odds is just nuts!) is about finding a method to subset a section or finding a group within a certain time frame. I won 425 million lire(Equivalent of $250,000) years ago  during my residency in that country by betting and guessing  77-89-86 for 10 mille lira (10 x 425). I played ' TERNO SECCO', meaning 3 numbers. I could have wage 5 numbers and my prize will be 10 x 425/10(42millions), because you do have 10 triads in 5C . Lets say I suspect 77-88-86 hitting in one of the States, I can play only the triads (terno secco) for all the States, but my prize tag is 1/10 of bet amount (425/10 States), 5C for 10 States will be less(4.25 million) due to 10 triads(425/10 States x10 triads). I used to wage 6C4 (15 combos) targeting only 4C3(4 triads), in this case, a triad will win 425/4.

Prize tag

2/5 pays 250x bet amount

3/5 pays 425x bet amount

4/5 pays 80,000 bet amount

5/5 pays a million x bet amount

With the new currency (euro), this is the bet/prize tag chart in gross(calcolo Lordo) for unique State(sola routa)

Ambata> guess one number, Ambo>pair, Terno>three , quarteno> quad, Cinquina>5 numbers

see the prize goes with 5C1  to 5C5 , the matrix 5/90 is a different story. Supposing I wage 3C2 opting for only pair(ambo) to win, then my prize will be 250/3 (83.33),you have 3 pairs in a triad, so my 4C will pay

1125.00 euro x bet amount(450,00/4). This game is played in MALTA, GHANA,ITALY and folks like it very much due to the prize structure.

NB>I suggest you try NON-PARAMETRIC Sampling for data inference (Probability for normal distribution for whatever parameter  is non-factor).

Prontuario delle vincite al Lotto

Tabella di calcolo Lordo per una sola ruota

Num. giocatiambataestr. det.amboternoquaternacinquina
                        111,23255,00----
                        25,6127,50250,00---
                        33,7418,3383,334500,00--
                        42,8013,7541,661125,00120.000,00-

See the last 10 draws(Estrazione)  for all the 10 states
                        28/07/15

ari64425413
                        Cagliari6333413557
                        Firenze616643180
                        Genova1578128241
                        Milano65486196
                        Napoli4582252962
                        Palermo217778382
                        Roma218166463
                        Torino7664776290
                        Venezia69102337
                        Nazionale7637778216

Estrazione n. 89del 25/07/2015

RUOTA1o estr.2o estr.3o estr.4o estr.5o estr.
                        Bari5846414039
                        Cagliari8835572865
                        Firenze612645643
                        Genova3564882874
                        Milano5878596625
                        Napoli8522305040
                        Palermo7369906375
                        Roma3177716880
                        Torino3974463082
                        Venezia8127727871
                        Nazionale7556647230

Estrazione n. 88del 23/07/2015

Bari2868845
                        Cagliari5522201351
                        Firenze8741827335
                        Genova1465333526
                        Milano618657798
                        Napoli4942337544
                        Palermo8131107540
                        Roma8472447836
                        Torino751958353
                        Venezia2814852644
                        Nazionale2613388440

Estrazione n. 87del 21/07/2015

Bari6165465157
                        Cagliari4174887914
                        Firenze3439854568
                        Genova60596161
                        Milano5155183917
                        Napoli147157559
                        Palermo8160193048
                        Roma842841772
                        Torino688294671
                        Venezia603614469
                        Nazionale4148223744

Estrazione n. 86del 18/07/2015

Bari325413111
                        Cagliari446892888
                        Firenze5256873775
                        Genova7058336827
                        Milano6787264973
                        Napoli5538292434
                        Palermo6040646715
                        Roma523830363
                        Torino513971813
                        Venezia145092254
                        Nazionale4833788643

Estrazione n. 85del 16/07/2015

Bari808964660
                        Cagliari3157894324
                        Firenze5877107454
                        Genova78615714
                        Milano2954226175
                        Napoli4532435827
                        Palermo788967682
                        Roma3013423726
                        Torino6953703455
                        Venezia8926735413
                        Nazionale3567192973

Estrazione n. 84del 14/07/2015

Bari336826738
                        Cagliari7720116958
                        Firenze851099075
                        Genova38855447
                        Milano7686154463
                        Napoli767827529
                        Palermo33793894
                        Roma235745555
                        Torino5745196629
                        Venezia2678775567
                        Nazionale18274468

Estrazione n. 83del 11/07/2015

Bari1375457757
                        Cagliari1857855927
                        Firenze3588114954
                        Genova4617224438
                        Milano705464225
                        Napoli587389106
                        Palermo464137189
                        Roma6484489
                        Torino6223112152
                        Venezia415061874
                        Nazionale636689782

Estrazione n. 82del 09/07/2015

Bari872112291
                        Cagliari1073258034
                        Firenze3531241918
                        Genova4920253110
                        Milano735690665
                        Napoli8017535484
                        Palermo5288802051
                        Roma4120808955
                        Torino1130827364
                        Venezia1265381568
                        Nazionale2729686684

Estrazione n. 81del 07/07/2015

Bari2560754318
                        Cagliari643766246
                        Firenze6663768541
                        Genova1143366344
                        Milano3390642572
                        Napoli153875548
                        Palermo3866471612
                        Roma325622472
                        Torino3742766831
                        Venezia848897812
                        Nazionale8055767140
                          RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          4093 Posts
                          Posted: July 28, 2015, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

CobbyCoker

The pair being searched is shown at the very top along with the total number of hits.

The green bracketed numbers are the actual numbers in the pool.  The next value under

hits shows the number of times that number showed in the next drawing after the pair

being searched hit.  The next value "dark blue is the average skips between hits.  The

entire history is used in the search but only the pair groupings are counted.   The program

searches until it finds both numbers within the same line then records the numbers that

hit in the next drawing.   If you look at the number 20, lower left you will see that after

the pair 23/25 hit.

Number 20 showed in the next drawing 9 times

Number 20's average is 1 in 4.1 games

Number 20's L/D = Last drawn is 7 games out then before that it was 6 games out then 1

etc....

These values represent the next draw after 23/25 were in the same line/set in history

which can be confusing if you don't know how they are calculated.

IMHO the number 20 looks very good to hit in the next game but this is based only on one

pairing 23/25.  It has the most shows after a 23/25 hit and is also at it's max skips given the

history of the game.  The database used here is not up to date so any fellow show me cash

players should not use this for tonight's drawing.

The top 5 for each pair being searched is recorded to a text file which is displayed when all

10 searches are finished.   The rest is done by hand comparing the L/D= "Last-Drawn" and

the total hits.   Many times one or more numbers from the top 5 overall will show in the next

game.   Many times the same value will show good with different pairs so the overall can look

very good.   When using all 10 pairs many times the same numbers will show strong.  It's also

possible that it may show strong for one pair and bad for all the others.  It takes a few hand

workouts to dig out the best numbers to play.  The wife always seemed to provide me with

one or two numbers that would show in the next drawing. 

Very simple.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Ghana
                            Member #134837
                            November 8, 2012
                            9 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2015, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Now, while I appreciate Cobby for participating in this thread, I hope he can appreciate my asking that he not turn this thread into the Ghana Lottery discussion. The reason I ask: Few, if any, have the results available, know the rules, or have access to the result. Without any of that, we're left with little to offer in the way of insight or help. 

Gary, this is still a discussion on topic about how random is random. Forget about the specifics of the game I play. Many people study the results of many different games. The question I'm really asking is whether anybody has a scheme for accurately pinning down one number in a set of 'randomly' generated numbers once in a while.

Can you do it with a 5/24 matrix? 6/49?  The matrix is irrelevant. If you can pin down a number or two often, then the answer to you question is that maybe random isn't so random after all.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19903 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2015, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Gary, this is still a discussion on topic about how random is random. Forget about the specifics of the game I play. Many people study the results of many different games. The question I'm really asking is whether anybody has a scheme for accurately pinning down one number in a set of 'randomly' generated numbers once in a while.

Can you do it with a 5/24 matrix? 6/49?  The matrix is irrelevant. If you can pin down a number or two often, then the answer to you question is that maybe random isn't so random after all.

It's probably a mute point but RL said he was working with a 5/39 matrix or smaller where there is a 1:10 chance or better of matching any two numbers naturally.

Ohio has a 5/39 game Rolling Cash5 and to back test that theory I combined the three most popular combinations of two's into one combination of five to see what would have happened.

In 3811 drawings:
                              15 and 36 appeared 76 times
                              04 and 07 appeared 73 times
                              36 and 38 appeared 73 times

The combination 04-07-15-36-38 matched two 453 times, matched three 51 times and matched four 3 times and with Ohio's payouts would have returned $1863 of a $3811 investment or 49¢ on the dollar.

Since this combination has never matched 5, I may play it for the next ten drawings and future test it.  I'm going to at least post it on the prediction board.

Evil Looking       

Page 4 of 12