Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Topic closed. 274 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 15 of 19
PrintE-mailLink

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Yes [ 31 ]  [27.43%]
No [ 65 ]  [57.52%]
Does it really matter? [ 17 ]  [15.04%]
Total Valid Votes [ 113 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
cash3lady*'s avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
Hinesville, GA
United States
Member #21215
September 4, 2005
52 Posts
Posted: July 28, 2010, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

If they are allowed to play, why not.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2010, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I don't now what you are nor do I care. I find it distasteful to criticism someone because they're not of

your party are have the same view as you, are to see things one way, when all the parties have there

problem. I will not debate this subject with you any futher it is a disrespect to this person post.

As Gomer would say GOOOOOLLLLY...Like tiggs said ask ridge..She's all yours ridge she's to smart for tiggs..UP UP AND AWAAAAAY!!!!..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19819 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2010, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

How do you tell an illegal immigrant from anyone else, his skin tone, his english or his cloths?  If I had to show ID every time I purchased or cashed a lottery tickets, I wouldn't play.

I can understand needing ID when a player collects a large prize because the information is needed for tax proposes but that has only happened to me once in over 20 years of playing and I doubt if it happens to many players whether they are legal or not and if they are illegal there are ways around that.

All these comments might make some people feel good but in the real world, they aren't practical.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

pepper1's avatar - batman38
        hotatlanta
        United States
        Member #70664
        February 8, 2009
        1446 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2010, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

How do you tell an illegal immigrant from anyone else, his skin tone, his english or his cloths?  If I had to show ID every time I purchased or cashed a lottery tickets, I wouldn't play.

I can understand needing ID when a player collects a large prize because the information is needed for tax proposes but that has only happened to me once in over 20 years of playing and I doubt if it happens to many players whether they are legal or not and if they are illegal there are ways around that.

All these comments might make some people feel good but in the real world, they aren't practical.

You're so right. I couldn't have said it any better. When they enforce these laws who suffer the people

in american. If I had to show ID I wouldn't play. When all said and done there are ways around it get a legal

person to cash the ticket, and hope they give you the money. I know of people that get old people to

go and cash there lottery ticket.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

If they are allowed to play, why not.

Hey cash3lady,

What part of Illegal do you not understand?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2010, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

As Gomer would say GOOOOOLLLLY...Like tiggs said ask ridge..She's all yours ridge she's to smart for tiggs..UP UP AND AWAAAAAY!!!!..

Obama got his way today in court, tiggs. The Arizona border is now wide open to anyone in the world to enter our country. Arizona law enforcement authorities are not allowed to ask anybody for ID to prove they are here legally. Now the real invasion begins. And do you think the terrorists aren't paying attention? 

I just don't understand how anybody with a brain can support that. These people are bringing in diseases that we eradicated years ago because they don't have to be screened like immigrants coming in legally do. Tuberculosis is expected to reach epidemic proportions. There is even Leprosy - yes Leprosy - being spread around the country now.

A lot of these unscreened illegals with diseases are working in kitchens of restaurants all over the country already. That is how they are spreading their diseases to us primarily. They don't know anything about proper hygiene. A little blood, a little fecal matter on their hands and into your food means nothing to them.

Anybody who doesn't see the intentional devastation being wrought on this country just isn't paying attention. He is intentionally taking us down the road to collapse.

Obama hates this country and everything we stand for.

And he is out to destroy it.

God help us against this tyrant.

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19819 Posts
              Posted: July 28, 2010, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

You're so right. I couldn't have said it any better. When they enforce these laws who suffer the people

in american. If I had to show ID I wouldn't play. When all said and done there are ways around it get a legal

person to cash the ticket, and hope they give you the money. I know of people that get old people to

go and cash there lottery ticket.

...get a legal person to cash the ticket, and hope they give you the money.

I've read about crooks who are legal citizens with illegal businesses offering instant cash for winning lottery tickets to use in schemes to laundry their profits.  They buy tickets from anyone, even legal citizens looking to avoid taxes or child support.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

tiber's avatar - underground
                Port Orange florida
                United States
                Member #8611
                November 11, 2004
                2265 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2010, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

So much crapGreen laughROFL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2010, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Anybody smell gubmint cheese all of a sudden?

--Edmund Burke

Port Orange florida
                    United States
                    Member #8611
                    November 11, 2004
                    2265 Posts
                    Posted: July 28, 2010, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Obama got his way today in court, tiggs. The Arizona border is now wide open to anyone in the world to enter our country. Arizona law enforcement authorities are not allowed to ask anybody for ID to prove they are here legally. Now the real invasion begins. And do you think the terrorists aren't paying attention? 

I just don't understand how anybody with a brain can support that. These people are bringing in diseases that we eradicated years ago because they don't have to be screened like immigrants coming in legally do. Tuberculosis is expected to reach epidemic proportions. There is even Leprosy - yes Leprosy - being spread around the country now.

A lot of these unscreened illegals with diseases are working in kitchens of restaurants all over the country already. That is how they are spreading their diseases to us primarily. They don't know anything about proper hygiene. A little blood, a little fecal matter on their hands and into your food means nothing to them.

Anybody who doesn't see the intentional devastation being wrought on this country just isn't paying attention. He is intentionally taking us down the road to collapse.

Take it like a boy you Tea Party lost,Cry al you want you can't do anything about itGreen laugh

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2010, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Take it like a boy you Tea Party lost,Cry al you want you can't do anything about itGreen laugh

What's the Tea Party got to do with it?

It's Obama and Eric ("Uh no, I haven't actually read the bill") Holder going against the will of the overwhelming majority of the American people.

The only ones supporting them are the ignorant people such as yourself and other various jackals and hyenas with their hands out begging and looking for their "free stuff."

You may have to get your tin cup back out and stand on the corner with your "I'm helpless, somebody feed me" sign after November though.

Because then: It's Hammer Time!

I would like to see your welfare check continued temporarily so you could go somewhere and learn some basic 3rd grade spelling and punctuation though, unless your post was supposed to be a joke... Yeah, nobody could be that dumb at 58 years old. It was a joke right? If not, is there anybody with half a brain in your government housing project that could write your next post? Maybe you could ask your Uncle Daddy. Make sure you get his attention. Stand right in front of the eye that's looking at the ceiling, not the eye that's looking across the street. Thanks ever so much.

PS. You have a trampoline, don't you?

I knew it.

--Edmund Burke

Port Orange florida
                        United States
                        Member #8611
                        November 11, 2004
                        2265 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2010, 1:08 am - IP Logged

What's the Tea Party got to do with it?

It's Obama and Eric ("Uh no, I haven't actually read the bill") Holder going against the will of the overwhelming majority of the American people.

The only ones supporting them are the ignorant people such as yourself and other various jackals and hyenas with their hands out begging and looking for their "free stuff."

You may have to get your tin cup back out and stand on the corner with your "I'm helpless, somebody feed me" sign after November though.

Because then: It's Hammer Time!

I would like to see your welfare check continued temporarily so you could go somewhere and learn some basic 3rd grade spelling and punctuation though, unless your post was supposed to be a joke... Yeah, nobody could be that dumb at 58 years old. It was a joke right? If not, is there anybody with half a brain in your government housing project that could write your next post? Maybe you could ask your Uncle Daddy. Make sure you get his attention. Stand right in front of the eye that's looking at the ceiling, not the eye that's looking across the street. Thanks ever so much.

PS. You have a trampoline, don't you?

I knew it.

November your a fool if you know anything about politics, nothing will change. Don't count on it. and

what is wrong with 3rd grade spelling, 58 somebody lied.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2010, 1:25 am - IP Logged

November your a fool if you know anything about politics, nothing will change. Don't count on it. and

what is wrong with 3rd grade spelling, 58 somebody lied.

Yes tiber my boy, November may well be the beginning of the end for professional parasites and beggars like you.

People are fed up with being responsible for feeding the lazy and keeping them comfortable. You may just have to get a job for the first time in your 58 years.

Yes 58 years tiber, you turned 58 on Saturday July 10th, nobody is lying but you.

What is wrong with 3rd grade spelling, you ask? Nothing. You just need to learn it.

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40340 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2010, 10:46 am - IP Logged

All is not lost Ridge, we will not give up, a lost battle will make us stronger and more determined.

Private citizens can still turn the illegals in and that can help the police.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2010, 11:40 am - IP Logged

This topic has really spiralled away from the topic badly.  Please - NO MORE OFF TOPIC POSTS.

It is not on-topic to discuss the merits of being an illegal alien and political viewpoints on the subject of illegal immigration - the topic is whether or not illegal aliens should be able to claim lottery prizes.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Page 15 of 19