Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Topic closed. 274 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 12 of 19
PrintE-mailLink

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Yes [ 31 ]  [27.43%]
No [ 65 ]  [57.52%]
Does it really matter? [ 17 ]  [15.04%]
Total Valid Votes [ 113 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2010, 10:32 am - IP Logged

sully

You have my vote.

RL

Everybody want to wake up now. For 8 years  are more we should have open ours eyes. This didn't just happen overnite

Everybody is up in arms looking for someone to blame who just happen to be Obama. Were was the Tea Party

when all this was falling down. I work in Mortage I know what took place and how it happen(greed) I just don't

trust any of the big fat cat . This country is gone to hell in a handbasket What happen to the days when you could

go into a company and fill out a job application. All this internet stuff and no people contact has set this country back

30 years, and it not going to get any better.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2010, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Everybody want to wake up now. For 8 years  are more we should have open ours eyes. This didn't just happen overnite

Everybody is up in arms looking for someone to blame who just happen to be Obama. Were was the Tea Party

when all this was falling down. I work in Mortage I know what took place and how it happen(greed) I just don't

trust any of the big fat cat . This country is gone to hell in a handbasket What happen to the days when you could

go into a company and fill out a job application. All this internet stuff and no people contact has set this country back

pepper sweety you need to calm down a bit your getting to excited..Maybe you should turn off MSNBC and travel to Tn and party down with ridge runner..You just might enjoy yourself..ridgey is always looking for some new blood..Have fun..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2010, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

pepper sweety you need to calm down a bit your getting to excited..Maybe you should turn off MSNBC and travel to Tn and party down with ridge runner..You just might enjoy yourself..ridgey is always looking for some new blood..Have fun..

LOL tiggs, ya know a bunch of my divorces were cuzza havin friends like you.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2010, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

My vote was a big NO  ..............  I'm also in total agreement with Delta & Rdg 's last posts . They both put into words they way I could not , all my thoughts about what's going on in the political world , I've never been politicly inclined or enlightened til the past couple yrs, I guess i woke up from being a sheeple LOL and I hope that many many others are awake now too . I've voted only twice in my life and was called for jury duty both times after being registered to vote which caused serious problems when I was a single parent so I did not vote anymore after that . But you can best believe I WILL be voting this Nov. and  in 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to get these dang CROOKS outta there and get this country back in the hands of THE PEOPLE , they work for us not the other way around .

AMEN

Agreed!  However we need more than just voting!!! We need to be able to set up and implement some kind of viable accountability along with the Voting;   They,  all (Politicians) Make Promises before they get elected and After...

what happens? Same d...thing!  same horse manure on a different day!!! 

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Puffalishous's avatar - disney20

United States
          Member #88150
          March 10, 2010
          318 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2010, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to know the answer to that too but whenever the question is asked, I get told to leave it in the past. All this politic stuff just makes me ill because both parties use sneaky, unethical tactics to manipulate people. Or maybe some people just choose to see and believe what they want. You could argue valid points with people until your blue in the face but unless people take off their blinders and start to think with an open mind, there is no point. Personally speaking, I'd like to know what are some solutions??? What about some solutions to how we can stop borrowing money from China??? Aren't they helping us finance the war. The war where we thought we were going to get oil in Iraq and make money out the deal. Why are we still over there. Why isn't anyone  protesting the fact that all the money spent on war could have been spent towards revitalizing our economy. Why isn't anyone complaining about how China is doing things to drive down the value of the dollar, however, I haven't seen any huge protests on that. One of my favorite quotes is from the movie" The usual suspects" and it says, " The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

Disclaimer: Yes this is off topic but then again this thread turn a turn into the twilight zone some pages ago

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2010, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to know the answer to that too but whenever the question is asked, I get told to leave it in the past. All this politic stuff just makes me ill because both parties use sneaky, unethical tactics to manipulate people. Or maybe some people just choose to see and believe what they want. You could argue valid points with people until your blue in the face but unless people take off their blinders and start to think with an open mind, there is no point. Personally speaking, I'd like to know what are some solutions??? What about some solutions to how we can stop borrowing money from China??? Aren't they helping us finance the war. The war where we thought we were going to get oil in Iraq and make money out the deal. Why are we still over there. Why isn't anyone  protesting the fact that all the money spent on war could have been spent towards revitalizing our economy. Why isn't anyone complaining about how China is doing things to drive down the value of the dollar, however, I haven't seen any huge protests on that. One of my favorite quotes is from the movie" The usual suspects" and it says, " The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

Disclaimer: Yes this is off topic but then again this thread turn a turn into the twilight zone some pages ago

Ha,haha Puff, that is true...we did get off topic with this and ventured into the politics of who is at fault for   allowing Illegals in the country to trive  and spin out of control in the first place!!! 

My answer is the same NO!!!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10345 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2010, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Puffalishious,

The quote about the devil goes back a lot further than that movie.

As for your questions, most people simply "vote their wallet" and do what they think is going to be best for them personally. "Well it doesn't affect ME" is killing us.

In the last election, well, several radio programs had people calling in saying, "Obama gonna pay for my house, Obama gonna pay for my car", etc...

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hoping2winbig's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                Nebraska
                United States
                Member #72306
                March 15, 2009
                289 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2010, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Agreed!  However we need more than just voting!!! We need to be able to set up and implement some kind of viable accountability along with the Voting;   They,  all (Politicians) Make Promises before they get elected and After...

Rosie , yes I agree with the accountability issue ... dono where i seen it but somebody on LP said this country needs to start over and that sounds like what is really needed , throw alla them crooks out and try find some decent uncrooked human beings who actually care about this country to take their places .

I dono exactly what is required of an electee but here's what I think shud happen ,

1. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE they born in USA before they can get elected to ANY office ( no hidden birth certificate  etc )

2. Have them fill out a job application just like anyone else would and have a crew of citizens & the effaBi look it over and decide if they qualify , also have them checked out by a shrink for awhile make sure they not crazy or on a power/greed  trip .

3. Do both of the above AND an extensive research into their background before they can even run for any type of office

that's all I can think of rite now , i need my nap now LOL

I intend to win a multi-million dollar lottery jackpot in the very near future

Wink

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: July 24, 2010, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Yea, so? Drink some more and it makes perfect sense. translated: "you too my child?"

Caesar was just one of Rome’s corrupt problems. Can you give me a 'duh-man'? 

reply to prev. post:

THE GENETICALLY MODIFIED crops and animals tells us we are past the point of meeting the food demands of an overpopulated planet. There is no more abundance to squeeze out of the MONO FOODS. Food shortages are here and the GM foods are poisonous.(notice the fashionable seed banks overseas?)

Gore pointed it out in his movie, AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH: Too many people Vs climate. When you understand that climate can and is modified, you understand that the solution to the problem of overpopulation is,……GET EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE. THE CLIMATE TAX. Starving people will do anything for a meal and agree to any concessions. Hence the carbon TAX. Save the planet, but please,…save me first! Simple motivation from self preservation.

DD

Having a hard time making sense out of anything you're saying here (maybe I need to be drunk too) but one thing stands out like a sore thumb.

Al Gore is an unmitigated liar. His movie is an unmitigated hoax and a fraud. And he allows no one to question him on it. If he says that Polar Bears are going extinct when studies show that there are more Polar Bears than ever before, you had better not disagree. He doesn't allow dissent with his claims.

And just because he recently spent millions and millions on a huge seaside mansion (for one person, himself) doesn't mean the coastlines aren't going to be swallowed up by the oceans just like he said.

And pay no attention to his mansion in Tennessee using 17 times the electricity of everybody else in the state, just make sure to turn off those lights when you leave the room. Maybe you could have him fly out to the coast in his private jet and lecture you on how to conserve fuel sometime. (Make sure you have a young female massage therapist on call around midnight) 

People in Tennessee know Al Gore better than anybody and that's why he couldn't carry his own state in the presidential election. He's an incorrigible liar.

You might as well quote Alice in Wonderland to me as Gore's Inconvenient Truth because they're both Fairy Tales.

And that pack of lies and crap is being force-fed to our kids in school.

--Edmund Burke

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3962 Posts
                    Posted: July 24, 2010, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Time for debating this issue should have ended long ago, action is what is needed. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 24, 2010, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

That's right Rosie and I'll tell you what we need: legal contracts.

When a politician running for office makes a campaign promise it should be entered on a contract and signed by the politician. If he or she then breaks that promise while in office (like Obama just did by allowing the allocation of funds for federally funded abortions when he promised he wouldn't and even signed an executive order saying he wouldn't), they should be thrown out of office.

Where's that Charlie Stupak group of so-called blue dog democrats now that believed Obama would keep his word on that?

Hmmm...  all I hear is crickets.

--Edmund Burke

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                        Harrison Township Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #90088
                        April 21, 2010
                        4265 Posts
                        Posted: July 24, 2010, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Richard Lamm On Multiculturalism (Democrat that Nailed it in 2005.)
                        Posted By: Letters on 4/25/2006 10:39:07 AM  in  

A Frightening Analysis

"We all know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration-overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many of American's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor named Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration — both legal and illegal — was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States. He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'"

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: First to destroy America, "Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans."

Lamm went on: Second, to destroy America, "Invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

Third, "We could make the United States a 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved! Not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.'"

Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity! Unity is what it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshiped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic Games.

A common enemy Persia threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to over come two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell.

"E. Pluribus Unum" — From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits ~ make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'x! xenophobes' halt discussion and debate."

"Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, "Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book Mexifornia. His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

There was no applause.

A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Every discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America — take note of California and other states — to date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book "1984." In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and "Ignorance is strength."

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy are deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream." -2005 (Joe N. - New Jersey)

Richard D. Lamm was a Democrat who served as governor of Colorado for twelve years from 1975 to 1987. Of the above-quoted third person account regarding his speech on the perils of multiculturalism, he told us in mid-June 2005:

So when American's get upset about Mulitcuturalism, we have the RIGHT!

Cutla$$Bob

P.S. check it out on snopes.

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: July 24, 2010, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

kapla,

True, the country was founded on people coming here, but coming here for freedom of religion, freedom from religion, for opportunities to work and go into business, NOT TO BLEED THE SYSTEM DRY. Not soleley for "gimmes" and to get over.

Consider how many Itlalians and Germans had arrived here just prior to WW II and then fought for the U.S. against their former homelands.

rdgrnr,

Re: The Marxist Regime:

01.20.13 THE END OF AN ERROR

The End Of An Error, lol, I like that.

--Edmund Burke

pepper1's avatar - batman38
                            hotatlanta
                            United States
                            Member #70664
                            February 8, 2009
                            1446 Posts
                            Posted: July 24, 2010, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs95 sweety I'm a very clam person at one point and a few pages back you needed to take

a chill pill. I don't have to look at MSNBC I live it everyday. I've stated my view  I'm moving on and getting back

on the subject. Anymore oneside view I will  speak my mind again. I'm going to have myself a Bud you and RD

do the same are have a glass of shine.

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: July 24, 2010, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Rosie , yes I agree with the accountability issue ... dono where i seen it but somebody on LP said this country needs to start over and that sounds like what is really needed , throw alla them crooks out and try find some decent uncrooked human beings who actually care about this country to take their places .

I dono exactly what is required of an electee but here's what I think shud happen ,

1. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE they born in USA before they can get elected to ANY office ( no hidden birth certificate  etc )

2. Have them fill out a job application just like anyone else would and have a crew of citizens & the effaBi look it over and decide if they qualify , also have them checked out by a shrink for awhile make sure they not crazy or on a power/greed  trip .

3. Do both of the above AND an extensive research into their background before they can even run for any type of office

that's all I can think of rite now , i need my nap now LOL

By Green Ackers!!!! I believe that is a good Start!!! 

Let's Also do an Impartiality Test, that would not hurt!! 

Make sure they have no special Interest group no one they "owe" favors to pulling the strings from their rear parts!!!  No Group! What ever their Agenda!!!

I think what you said, and this would be a point to start!!!    Well now where we go from here???!! LOL...LOL. I think we need rd and Delta Draw to map this out! and see who we can contact or wright or how many people could be enlisted in this

save the USA drive!!! So we can play our digits in peace, and not in pieces and there is nothing LOL about this!! !!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Page 12 of 19