Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Topic closed. 274 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 9 of 19
PrintE-mailLink

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Yes [ 31 ]  [27.43%]
No [ 65 ]  [57.52%]
Does it really matter? [ 17 ]  [15.04%]
Total Valid Votes [ 113 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
Michigan
United States
Member #22395
September 24, 2005
1583 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

I read over your post and mine once more. I think it is easy to confuse and be confusing on the threads sometimes. So much to read, so many

points and a lot to keep abreast of...my statement in my post concerning: go to a foreign country - play their lottery - match the winning numbers

and collect UNLESS you happen to be there illegally - again tied into a response to perdue's post.

The fact that she was almost vehement in her argument over whether aliens can play in other countries and collect, was tainted by the notion

that an alien, illegal or not, who pays for thier tickets should be able to collect their winnings.

My beef with that is IT IS A HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR. I did not think we were discussing anything more than I.A.'s collecting jackpots

in the USA and whether they should be able to do so.

Visitors, tourists, non-resident aliens, international employees, resident aliens, people passing through other countries on their travels elsewhere

have a right to buy and collect winnings. Rules for some states games include language strictly pertaining to this type player.

My point about players in other countries was missing clarification and I see why you question it. In her point about playing in Canada, etc...the

reason that is legitimate is because someone traveling to Canada legally has a right to play and collect because they have their papers in order.

So, play and collect while being legally in that country. On the other hand, an I.A. is crossing the border with no intention of making themselves

a permament resident, getting a visa, etc and come here with the intention to bypass laws then they do not have a right to pocket any wins.

I think my original statement, was misinterpreted because I neglected to stress:

Come to THIS country illegally and they should not be able to collect one red cent.

whew!

Whew! Big Grin

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

And their it is who said this topic isn't about race.

That's the response I would have expected from someone who has chosen to live their life as a victim.

Don't you realize how old and worn out that has gotten already?

Isn't it even ridiculous to you when you think about it?

It'd be like you criticizing President Bush and me calling you a racist for it.

That's wacked.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

tiber..You brought up the race issue ridge was saying he voted for a Democrat..

I need to straighten this out immediately.

I have never, ever voted for a dem, ever.

I vote for the person, not the party but I have never come across a dem I could vote for.

And especially now, when the dems want the borders left wide open so they can give amnesty to all these lawbreakers and get their votes.

Being criminals and wanting everything handed to them for free makes them a perfect fit in the democrat party.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I need to straighten this out immediately.

I have never, ever voted for a dem, ever.

I vote for the person, not the party but I have never come across a dem I could vote for.

And especially now, when the dems want the borders left wide open so they can give amnesty to all these lawbreakers and get their votes.

Being criminals and wanting everything handed to them for free makes them a perfect fit in the democrat party.

tiggs was missunderstood in his post..He no way meant you voted fior a Dem ridge..Have a swig and go lay down..tiggs knows better..Big mistake in the post..tiggs was trying to defend you ole pal..

pepper1's avatar - batman38
          hotatlanta
          United States
          Member #70664
          February 8, 2009
          1446 Posts
          Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

If you are Illegaly in the country..the key word here would be Illegaly like not legal??? So any thing you do in the country...would be Not legal, so buying a ticket would be not legal for you to do in the first place..am I missing something???

You're so right if you are illegaly how could it be legal for you to win money and keep it. If you are not in this country

legal you should be deported, and the money belong here.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

tiggs was missunderstood in his post..He no way meant you voted fior a Dem ridge..Have a swig and go lay down..tiggs knows better..Big mistake in the post..tiggs was trying to defend you ole pal..

LOL, I know that tiggs!

I just needed to make it crystal clear simply as a matter of honor.

I had nothing to do with putting this Marxist government in power.

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              23229 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Whew! Big Grin

Thank you truecritic, we agree on the whew!

Big Smile

tiber's avatar - underground
                Port Orange florida
                United States
                Member #8611
                November 11, 2004
                2265 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

LOL, I know that tiggs!

I just needed to make it crystal clear simply as a matter of honor.

I had nothing to do with putting this Marxist government in power.

Tea Party Time

hotatlanta
                  United States
                  Member #70664
                  February 8, 2009
                  1446 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!

We should make it alright for felony, and underage to collect the money if we're saying that it doesn't

matter that you're not legal. I don't want anybody asking me for any ID, because the government will

use those laws more on the people that are here legal, we will be the ones harass. I don't understand

what the problem is about applying and becoming legal for any race. I also believe that the creeps that

profit off the people here illegal should be sent over to those countries to live they're the reason we don't

have jobs.

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Tea Party Time

tiber this is so much better then your racist remark earlier..Your learning....slow but learning none-the-less learning..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

tiber this is so much better then your racist remark earlier..Your learning....slow but learning none-the-less learning..

I'm so glad Tiber has decided to join the Tea Party.

Welcome Tiber!

--Edmund Burke

hotatlanta
                        United States
                        Member #70664
                        February 8, 2009
                        1446 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

The problem  is with us as people.  We say they have to speak english what do we see when we go to banks

English are Spanish. In my state of Ga they're laying off teachers everyday with years on the job, just the other

day they decide that they were hiring so many spanish teacher. I live in an area were they have illegal working on the

farms, and they're told not to speak to anyone, because they might find out. The problem is us (greed) Today

on my son job they let 50 illegal go  They knew that they were illegal  they could pay them less money. My

husband old boss was charging double paying them $8.00 and putting the rest in his pocket. All this was fine

with alot of American until it start to effect them. When the Illegal were being chose over them.

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2010, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

You're so right if you are illegaly how could it be legal for you to win money and keep it. If you are not in this country

legal you should be deported, and the money belong here.

Thank you Pepper1,  It's nice to know that common sense still lives; And that those of us who have it,

know the difference betwen Legal and  Not legal! simple isn't it?  so we're not in outer space someplace...

Nonsense is a pill I can only take once a day, even my own nonsense I can't tolerate!

Pepper1, this does it for me, I am heading to the pick-3 and pick-4 forum for the rest of the day!  Thanks Pepper!See Ya! I'm out!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2010, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Welcome Tiber!

Yes tiber will be a changed man by joining the Tea Party...Welcome tiber..Your here to learn..

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2010, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Welcome Tiber!

rd..aahh rd, be carefull who you are welcoming, to the Tea party, they may think it's a pitty party!!!  see ya!!!!Shocked

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Page 9 of 19