Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Topic closed. 274 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 7 of 19
PrintE-mailLink

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Yes [ 31 ]  [27.43%]
No [ 65 ]  [57.52%]
Does it really matter? [ 17 ]  [15.04%]
Total Valid Votes [ 113 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:21 am - IP Logged

This is a stupid Question, The better Question is when are all the White People going to give us

Minority a chance to win. I mean be for real are the illegals the Problem are they winning the Big one

are they taking our money, <snip> them wait a minute that was a white person that won. Well they must

be illegal because they win all the time. You people are to funnyGreen laugh

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Tiber, the Issue here is not about color...black or white...Yellow Pink or Green or Polka dots...but of wrong and right!!

Life can be complicated if you don't set rules for yourself and who you are going to Obey...Obey man and you are in trouble because many times he changes the rules!  Obey God Almighty and you are on the right track...Well HE,

HE who?? HE GOD, said that we must obey the Laws of the LAND...as long as it does not go against HIS Comand I will obey HIM  so within that context Illegal is Illegal,   I know that in the USA things have not always been fair for none-whites...I know!   

However, it's a far better Country than any Other!!!   And that is why people want to come here!!   And  Still, Illegal is Illegal and as such  it makes it wrong!!  Not the color

not the nationality;  the action!!

It  is wrong!  Are we humans perfect??? NO!  I work on my insides everyday I strive to get rid of  character Flaws... I am not there yet..but I am better than I was!  And wrong is wrong!!!

A Person should not come here Illegaly  then make demands and act like they are been wronged!!  That is what is stupid!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:26 am - IP Logged

This is a stupid Question, The better Question is when are all the White People going to give us

Minority a chance to win. I mean be for real are the illegals the Problem are they winning the Big one

are they taking our money, <snip> them wait a minute that was a white person that won. Well they must

be illegal because they win all the time. You people are to funnyGreen laugh

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

It's a stupid question?

Is that why you gave a stupid answer?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:43 am - IP Logged

It's a stupid question?

Is that why you gave a stupid answer?

Great lines rd!!!Patriot

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I don't think this is the exact tee shirt sully described, but something like it:

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4523 Posts
          Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:56 am - IP Logged

One has to wonder though, TGG.

You called the Democrats Demos.

You called the Republicans Repukes.

I would think if you weren't affiliated with the Democrats you would have called them something perjorative also like demoCRAPs or democRATS or DUMocrats.

I'm just sayin...    Wink

I'm a Hot Wing Radical myself.

Here bud, have a hot wing and enjoy the show.

Dont climb a mountain when it was just a mole hill....I'm just sayin :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Great lines rd!!!Patriot

Thanks Rosie, some people just want to be victims, they don't know any other way. They like pity parties.

They always need someone to blame for anything that doesn't go their way. They don't take responsibility for anything they do.

Slackers.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Here bud, have a hot wing and enjoy the show.

Dont climb a mountain when it was just a mole hill....I'm just sayin :)

I was just teasin' TGG, you know that.   Big Grin

--Edmund Burke

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:14 am - IP Logged

Simple solution: Seize the money if they are criminals and prosecute.

The FBI does it all the time. 

Seizure is a new international boon.

Criminal activity should not be rewarded regardless of the circumstances. Any illegal is a terrorist to sovereign citizen entitlements by the rule of law. They (Illegals) are domestic foes.

(then throw a big wiener roast and kegger for the rest of us legal’s. Cake and ice cream, bring your own hat)

DD

and to h*ll with the UN's opinion!

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2010, 4:51 am - IP Logged

I don't know how you wound up out there on the planet: OFF TOPIC.

You are missing the point.

Travel to any foreign country that runs a lottery, buy your lottery ticket and collect your winnings if your numbers match. No problemo...UNLESS

you have entered their country illegally with the intent of remaining there indefinitely, neglected to register as a permanent resident or become a

citizen of that nation.

Then, don't collect one <snip> penny.

You are not entitled to winnings being a law breaker. Plain and simple.

I am not convinced illegals should or should not be able to play the lottery based on the arguments so far.  But I do have questions.

Do you or anyone know for a fact if illegals cannot play a lottery in foreign countries?  Can you site a law?  Canada?  Can US citizens play the lottery there if we enter illegally?

There are several countries that offer foreigners a chance to play their lotteries.  At least according to mail I used to receive from companies that will buy the tickets for you.  There are online companies that do the same - why couldn't someone from a foreign country play online US lotteries?  (Where's Pumpi when you need him?  Pumpi you've been to a few countries, can you play the US lotteries online?)

So, hypothetically, anyone in the world can play our lotteries either online or by mail until someone can prove otherwise.  Say a person would sneak into the US illegally but just doesn't have the ways and means to do that...yet that person can sit at their computer and play our lotteries all day long? 

Let's say a foreign gang member or drug dealer or other criminal gets into the US illegally.  Do they bother to register for welfare or other aid?  Are they actually sucking government money and benefits?  Let's say some illegals are getting all the maximum benefits available.  If they win the lottery, what if they took out the cost of benefits they received before handing over a check?  Like they do for back taxes and child support.  Then, removing the argument that they are a drain on our economy, etc; is it OK if they play the lottery?

Note: I don't think illegals should have access to government programs or benefits or driver's licenses.  Far as I am concerned if they get into a shoot-out and they can't pay the emergency room up front, they can bleed to death.  Even if they are honorable people, they should go through the process to become US citizens.  I am all for protecting our borders with military force.

Being here illegally doesn't prevent them from buying anything they want, as long as they have the money.  The cost of this product (lottery) is $1.00.   Granted it is a unique product.   They contributed the same amount as anyone else.  They did their "fair share."  We don't stop them from shopping and spending money in any stores or other products.  They contribute to the economy.  Why stop them from that one item (lottery)?

If it all comes down to money, then is it wise to deport them once they win?  Why not make them go through the process of becoming a citizen and keeping their prize money here in the US?  Or possibly deport them and hold the prize money in escrow until they file and become US citizens?

We already allow people with a felony record to win the lottery.  As I think it should be.  Some of the worst offenders have won.  Why is being here illegally worse than that?

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                    Harbinger
                    D.C./MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    5583 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:26 am - IP Logged

When we play Spain's El Gordo  we get a piece of a number,   we send them the money,  if we win anything they send us our share,  no taxes for loteria in Espana no problema.

We love America.

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:39 am - IP Logged

When we play Spain's El Gordo  we get a piece of a number,   we send them the money,  if we win anything they send us our share,  no taxes for loteria in Espana no problema.

We love America.

Sure you do! Malechores!!!  Sure you do!!!BashHit With StickGuitar

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Thanks Rosie, some people just want to be victims, they don't know any other way. They like pity parties.

They always need someone to blame for anything that doesn't go their way. They don't take responsibility for anything they do.

Slackers.

Yes rd, I meet such humans,  all the time and have entered into serious arguments about it with people such as ...with the same mentality....rd I am convince that it's and Issue of mentality!!!  NOne-Gray-Matter People!!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

JAP69's avatar - alas
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #6
                          November 4, 2001
                          8790 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:54 am - IP Logged

What about those people who travel here from other countries like Canada, France, Germany, etc. and buy tickets? They aren't legal citizens either. What if someone from Germany who is on vacation wins? Aren't they entitled to their winnings if they win? I have friends who buy lottery tickets from Canada and they are not legal citizens of that country. If they had won shouldn't they get the money? Honestly, I don't believe there are any rules in place that say you have to be an American citizen to buy tickets. If there is such a rule, please post a link.

I would think they are traveling with legal documents in their possession.

WHATT

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19818 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:58 am - IP Logged

A couple of years back TV-10 in Columbus did a story about a local couple winning a Canadian lottery illegally.  It wasn't illegal by Canadian laws but by Ohio and US laws, they had some one buy the ticket and mail it to them.  There was confusion about whether Ohio and the Federal government should be satisfied with just collecting taxes on their winnings or seize it all because they considered it illegal.

I remember reading stories here at LP when lotteries were illegal in South Carolina, local citizens could be arrested for having a lottery ticket on their person from a neighboring state.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                              mississippi
                              United States
                              Member #34478
                              March 3, 2006
                              5903 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2010, 9:41 am - IP Logged

You always hear this group mention on T.V how much they contribute to the United States economy..but you never hear them mention how much trouble they cause for the United States..

THIS is exactly why AMERICANS do not want them here at all..I think it was last year..maybe the year before a local company was raided and I believe hundreds of illegals were arrested at this company and the local news was there and it showed the AMERICANS clapping when they took the illegals away...the AMERICANS that worked there were the ones that reported them..

You know whats the problem..you see..everybody knows they dont want them here..but the UNITED STATES cant be seen as refusing to let people come here seeking a better life..how would that look to the rest of the world..oh no..the UNITED STATES is refusing to help poor people..so they turned their back on the situation hoping it would dissappear..now the problem has gotten out of hand and they dont know what to do about it..that is why Arizona took matters into their own hands because the FEDERAL gov. wouldnt do anything about it..

The way I see it is this..they have to round up every single illegal in the country and deport them RIGHT NOW and close our border completely and then control who enters our country LEGALLY..and this has to be done right now because if we keep waiting..in 10 years the problems we have right now will be multiplied and we could have a situation that is going to get way out of control..some serious rioting going on is what I see happening in the future if we dont snuff this out right now!!!!

AND ONE OF THE WORSE PROBLEMS WE HAVE IS THIS..what happened to wanting to be an AMERICAN..if you want to come to AMERICA and be an AMERICAN..then leave your other crap at home..I dont give a rats ass about CINCO DEMAYO..ok..this is AMERICA..I only care about our independence day..I dont care about ST. PATRICKS DAY..I am not interesting in celebrating other country traditions..being AMERICAN is more than just coming here for freedom..it has been and must be about learning to be and AMERICAN..that means learning ENGLISH..working hard...get an education..being a resposible adult..taking care of your kids..etc..etc..you know..the things THAT MOST  AMERICANS do and are proud of..

see our federal government didnt mind having immigrants to fill up our country but they reminded them to leave their old ways and crap at home because they were afraid( TH E US. GOV.) that the new immigrants would try and set up a new sovereign government in one of the new states..that was a concern then..that is basically what is happening now..the more of them we let over here THAT DOESNT LEARN ENGLISH and we let them slide on learning and acting like true AMERICANS the more we will lose of our country..because they will take it through overwhelming our population

you see it happening..when I was growing up..I never saw any hispanics growing up..except on TV..now they are everywhere and when you see them in public..what are they speaking?..SPANISH..and that pisses me off more than anything..LEARN ENGLISH..LEARN TO BE AMERICAN..or get the hell out of my country...

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Page 7 of 19