Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Topic closed. 274 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 17 of 19
PrintE-mailLink

Should illegal immigrants be able to claim lottery prizes?

Yes [ 31 ]  [27.43%]
No [ 65 ]  [57.52%]
Does it really matter? [ 17 ]  [15.04%]
Total Valid Votes [ 113 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Are you suggesting that the law should be changed to make everything an illegal immigrant does be illegal including buying a cup of coffee?

I wrote before, most will be smart enough NOTto cash it in because they know they can't get away with it, so they'll pay someone legal to cash it in for them. I have a friend who does this at the dog track. He'll give 10 percent to a guy who cashes his tickets, not because my friend is illegal, but is eluding taxes.

If they were dumb enough to try to cash it illegally, then they simply deserve the Darwin award, and have no place in this thread...lol

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Also, as I wrote before RJOH, retail owners have no way of knowing illegals, and that's not the point I was making. Sure they live their lives right under our noses on a daily basis, but if an illegal partakes in an event, it shall surely catch up with them, whether it's by an accidental occasion or any other way. Always trying to be under the radar, avoiding detection...until.....!!!!....lol

If an illegal buys a cup of hot coffee and spills it on someone causing 3rd degree burns, what would happen then?  They'll probably flee the scene.....Every action has a reaction.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

I wrote before, most will be smart enough NOTto cash it in because they know they can't get away with it, so they'll pay someone legal to cash it in for them. I have a friend who does this at the dog track. He'll give 10 percent to a guy who cashes his tickets, not because my friend is illegal, but is eluding taxes.

If they were dumb enough to try to cash it illegally, then they simply deserve the Darwin award, and have no place in this thread...lol

He'll give 10 percent to a guy who cashes his tickets, not because my friend is illegal, but is eluding taxes.

Sounds like you don't have a problem with illegal activities if they are done by a friend.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

He'll give 10 percent to a guy who cashes his tickets, not because my friend is illegal, but is eluding taxes.

Sounds like you don't have a problem with illegal activities if they are done by a friend.

I never said i agreed with his decision. In fact, if you look at everything I've written so far, it opposes it. I merely showed an example close to home. But not because I agreed with it.

tiber's avatar - underground
          Port Orange florida
          United States
          Member #8611
          November 11, 2004
          2265 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately This topic has notting to do with illegals, winning the lottery.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19901 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

I never said i agreed with his decision. In fact, if you look at everything I've written so far, it opposes it. I merely showed an example close to home. But not because I agreed with it.

Turn him in to the authorities, wouldn't you do that if he was an illegal immigrant?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately This topic has notting to do with illegals, winning the lottery.

What thread have you been reading? Of course it does. Anything you do after you do something ILLEGAL, is still ILLEGAL. Harbouring ILLEGALITY.

I've seen enough Judge Judy episodes and Judge Joe Brown episodes to know that a judge CANNOT side with a party who's done something illegally, regardless if the party was correct in their argument and provided proof even. Many a show's judges have said they can't ignore the laws despite proof otherwise.

If a landlord subs his rooms without a license, and a tenant misses a monthly rent payment, that landlord will have a hard time convincing the judge for an award he's owed because he was knowingly participating in an ILLEGAL activity. And the Judge can't condone an illegal activity in a case like this.

See how simple this is?

Port Orange florida
                United States
                Member #8611
                November 11, 2004
                2265 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

What thread have you been reading? Of course it does. Anything you do after you do something ILLEGAL, is still ILLEGAL. Harbouring ILLEGALITY.

I've seen enough Judge Judy episodes and Judge Joe Brown episodes to know that a judge CANNOT side with a party who's done something illegally, regardless if the party was correct in their argument and provided proof even. Many a show's judges have said they can't ignore the laws despite proof otherwise.

If a landlord subs his rooms without a license, and a tenant misses a monthly rent payment, that landlord will have a hard time convincing the judge for an award he's owed because he was knowingly participating in an ILLEGAL activity. And the Judge can't condone an illegal activity in a case like this.

See how simple this is?

Your correct I give up.Chair

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Turn him in to the authorities, wouldn't you do that if he was an illegal immigrant?

Turn him in? Are you sh***ing me?

This is a discussion thread, not a policing thread.

I neither have the time, energy, or resources to combat this. I have enough problems policing myself...lol

Maybe the politicians should be involved. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h aha ha ahaaha ahhha aha ha hha aaha aha aha ahhha aha aha aha aha ha aha ahabaha aha aha ahha aha aha ahaha aha aha aha aha aha aha aha aha aha ah aha aha ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah aha ha aha aha aha

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Your correct I give up.Chair

Don't be childish.

Seriously, what's your opinion in your words. I mean it...your own words...no emoticons....lol

Can you write what's on your mind without "I agree"?

Port Orange florida
                      United States
                      Member #8611
                      November 11, 2004
                      2265 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Don't be childish.

Seriously, what's your opinion in your words. I mean it...your own words...no emoticons....lol

Can you write what's on your mind without "I agree"?

Sorry no more comment on this matter.Peace

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Sorry no more comment on this matter.Peace

Peace to you too my friend.

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: July 30, 2010, 10:56 am - IP Logged

BTW, my friend who sells his winning ticket to the guy who cashes it in is not doing anything illegal. The guy who cashes it in is taking on the tax burden. Whether the guy decides to follow through with the tax situation is his problem. If he feels it's worth the trouble to deal with the IRS for a measley 10% profit, that's his choice.

Imagine if I won a car on the " The Price is right" show, I'd have to first pay the taxes on that car before I can get the car. But because I don't have the money, I ask my sister to pay the taxes, and in return allow her to use the car for a specified amount of time.

Nevertheless, my point was an illegal cashing a JP ticket using the above tactic. That's a lot different.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #22395
                            September 24, 2005
                            1583 Posts
                            Posted: July 30, 2010, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

You know illegals can drive legally in some states?

Only seven states – Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Washington – allow undocumented immigrants to get driver’s licenses.

http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story?contentId=234828

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                              A long and winding road
                              United States
                              Member #17084
                              June 10, 2005
                              4580 Posts
                              Posted: July 30, 2010, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks TrueC for bringing up yet another issue imposed by the poorly managed immigrant laws we carry.....Get a Visa, Go thru the process and then you can legally abide by the regulations set forth...Soo tired of priveledges without putting forth the effort to do it the legal way....These states mentioned set forth the right to drive to illegals simply because the insurance industry got ruffled feathers from paying out for the follies of the driver not being covered....

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

Page 17 of 19