Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 59 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
Fort Worth, TX
United States
Member #106060
February 11, 2011
188 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2011, 10:06 am - IP Logged

Did visiondude post something?

For some reason his posts no longer appear on my screen.

Yes he did. I can repost them if you'd like. Tell me the last one you saw.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: April 30, 2011, 10:50 am - IP Logged

"I think what bothers you is probably the inherently rude interruption, intrusion and deliberate provocation obviously intended to disrupt any continuity within the thread".

quit your whining,  and your weak attempt at painting me as being the bad guy,  just because you don't like to have a position you hold sliced wide open.

geeeze,  if it's "true",   you would naturally welcome that.

i took a return trip down memory lane,  and went back in this thread to my first post on page 3

it was an addendum comment that you were having with coin toss and jimmy,  and what i said was congruent with those offerings.

"you guys" went into waaaaaa hysteria when i got more "narrow" and challenging of the different methodologies discussed within this thread.

i didn't just swing my microscope around the room for sport like you cry that i did,  otherwise if was just the big "trouble maker" in the room,  todd would have shut down the thread,  or PMed me.

i always thought it was a banner move on the part of "you guys" that when someone like me challenged your so called "position of strength",   that you would launch into your myriad reasons of "why" i was the bad guy.

people of "strength" do not act like that,  they don't blame others,  and in fact they run to showcase what they claim

VisionDude, you're getting too caught up in human superiority. Your tendency to criticize or challenge other people is like that of an animal. We are playing the lottery here, which is a game. There's nothing wrong with friendly competiveness, but if you make a challenge to someone and they turn it down, you shouldn't think any less of them and not go on a huge rampage trying to prove they are scared of a challenge or that their system doesn't work. They are using their system for themself and their own benefit, so why does it matter if they turn down your challenge? I use my system for Hoosier Lotto, and when I win the jackpot, I'm not going to care whether or not I accepted your challenge.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2011, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

VisionDude, you're getting too caught up in human superiority. Your tendency to criticize or challenge other people is like that of an animal. We are playing the lottery here, which is a game. There's nothing wrong with friendly competiveness, but if you make a challenge to someone and they turn it down, you shouldn't think any less of them and not go on a huge rampage trying to prove they are scared of a challenge or that their system doesn't work. They are using their system for themself and their own benefit, so why does it matter if they turn down your challenge? I use my system for Hoosier Lotto, and when I win the jackpot, I'm not going to care whether or not I accepted your challenge.

It's unlikely if anyone accepted visiondude's challenge it would prove anything. For several years I've played PB and MM along with the local 649 Classic Lotto with odds of winning a jackpot at least twelve times better but my winnings results don't show that. 

It unlikely a system or strategy even if it gives a player an edge would show any difference results in the short term from those of an equal amount of randomly picked combinations.  That's the reason players who buy two lottery tickets don't win noticeable more than players who buy only one lottery ticket.  Vision knows that and have said many times that's why he only buys one QP.

The only real proof a player will every have that his system gives him an edge is to win a jackpot or an unusual amount of second prizes.  It would be nice if the results of using a winning system resulted in a big win every drawing but that's not how it works.  Until he actually win something or post some big wins on the prediction board, a system player have no bragging rights.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
        Member #19982
        August 9, 2005
        226 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2011, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I'm still waiting for good ideas on what people define as a system. QPs are riged to loose.  The only time I have won anything is by doing something math wise. Over the few 1000's or so QP I have played at best there was one winning number on the ticket. A waste of time.

QP are not a system. QP are not based at all upon past results.

If you have nothing of useful to say to aid other players --I wonder why to post --other than to blow smoke.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
          Denver, Co
          United States
          Member #103046
          December 29, 2010
          546 Posts
          Posted: April 30, 2011, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

It's unlikely if anyone accepted visiondude's challenge it would prove anything. For several years I've played PB and MM along with the local 649 Classic Lotto with odds of winning a jackpot at least twelve times better but my winnings results don't show that. 

It unlikely a system or strategy even if it gives a player an edge would show any difference results in the short term from those of an equal amount of randomly picked combinations.  That's the reason players who buy two lottery tickets don't win noticeable more than players who buy only one lottery ticket.  Vision knows that and have said many times that's why he only buys one QP.

The only real proof a player will every have that his system gives him an edge is to win a jackpot or an unusual amount of second prizes.  It would be nice if the results of using a winning system resulted in a big win every drawing but that's not how it works.  Until he actually win something or post some big wins on the prediction board, a system player have no bragging rights.

Bragging rights mean nothing. Wins mean everything. If a player wins back 1/3 third of his money playing random #'s or QP;s, and then gives up QP's and uses a system and wins back 2/3 of his money, bragging rights or not, that system has given him an edge.

It's too bad the predictions board doesn't automatically post a random set of 50 numbers for every game in every state so that there is at least a standard that everyone can compare their results to. I wonder if that can be done?

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: April 30, 2011, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

Bragging rights mean nothing. Wins mean everything. If a player wins back 1/3 third of his money playing random #'s or QP;s, and then gives up QP's and uses a system and wins back 2/3 of his money, bragging rights or not, that system has given him an edge.

It's too bad the predictions board doesn't automatically post a random set of 50 numbers for every game in every state so that there is at least a standard that everyone can compare their results to. I wonder if that can be done?

There are usually several premium members posting 50 predictions for every drawings, that should should be good enough for any predictors to compare how well he's doing.  If he's not doing better than his fellow predictors then his system isn't giving him much of an edge.

Evil Looking       

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
              Member #19982
              August 9, 2005
              226 Posts
              Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

If this thead is not going to discuss math--maybe the topic should be closed or moved to the discussion forum.

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                Denver, Co
                United States
                Member #103046
                December 29, 2010
                546 Posts
                Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

There are usually several premium members posting 50 predictions for every drawings, that should should be good enough for any predictors to compare how well he's doing.  If he's not doing better than his fellow predictors then his system isn't giving him much of an edge.

Not necessarily, that only tells how well one member is doing vs another member or one system vs another. It says nothing about random. What would the random results be in predictions? Better or worse?

The worst predictor could be doing better than random, therefore that person has an edge. That's what the discussion is about: system vs random, not system vs system or player vs player...that could be a totally different discussion.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm still waiting for good ideas on what people define as a system. QPs are riged to loose.  The only time I have won anything is by doing something math wise. Over the few 1000's or so QP I have played at best there was one winning number on the ticket. A waste of time.

QP are not a system. QP are not based at all upon past results.

If you have nothing of useful to say to aid other players --I wonder why to post --other than to blow smoke.

This thread started out just asking "What is a lottery system?" and "What distinguishes it from guesses, dream and quick picks?".

Guesses and dreams are self explained and quick picks are random combinations picked by  lottery terminals unseen by the players until after they are generated and paid for. System are ways of picking combinations to play and can vary from a simple paper and pencil workout to a more complex computer program that analizes past drawings to come up with ways of predicting the future winners.  While none of these systems have ever proven to win anything, they are interesting to read about and may give some ideas for coming up with systems of their own.

The debate over whether the extra effort of picking combinations gives a player an  advantage has nothing to do with the questions asked, but people come here to discuss lottery topics.  If every member waited until they had something useful to say, there might not be any new posts for other members to read.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Not necessarily, that only tells how well one member is doing vs another member or one system vs another. It says nothing about random. What would the random results be in predictions? Better or worse?

The worst predictor could be doing better than random, therefore that person has an edge. That's what the discussion is about: system vs random, not system vs system or player vs player...that could be a totally different discussion.

I doubt if any of those players making over 8000 predictions a day are using any system other than a RNG to come up with that many predictions daily.

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23262 Posts
                      Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Lottery Discussion forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7308 Posts
                        Posted: April 30, 2011, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

If this thead is not going to discuss math--maybe the topic should be closed or moved to the discussion forum.

Ten QPs and ten SPs have the same mathematical probability so other than using math to show how the payoffs can be enhanced using a system, the topic didn't belong in the Mathematical Forum in the first place.

United States
                          Member #105312
                          January 29, 2011
                          435 Posts
                          Posted: May 1, 2011, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Ten QPs and ten SPs have the same mathematical probability so other than using math to show how the payoffs can be enhanced using a system, the topic didn't belong in the Mathematical Forum in the first place.

You might be right, though in the early stages of the thread math was intermittently discussed as it pertained to lottery systems.  There's no clearly defined instructional material as to where a thread should be placed and at the time of the initial posting the Math forum seemed to stand a better chance of getting the kinds of insights I was looking for. 

Next most appropriate would have been the Lottery Systems forum in my view.  But the Lottery Systems Forum was getting hundreds of posts daily and the Math Forum was only getting a few, mainly the bickering and sniping between a tiny handfull of members throwing snide remarks and innuendoes back and forth at one another.

I asked the question on Math because I was looking for thoughtful responses.  I'm happy I posted it there instead of somewhere else because I believe that's where I got the kinds of answers I was hoping for.

But I had no idea it would go on 59 pages with 49 of them being the type of posts I have been glad to avoid and did avoid reading for the most part.

Thoth's avatar - binary
                            Findlay, Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #4855
                            May 28, 2004
                            400 Posts
                            Posted: May 1, 2011, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I think a systems success will be difined by its performance against probability over the long term.  In pick 3 for example, if a system gives you 20 numbers to play every draw, and you only win 2% of all games played, then the system is only performing as good as randomness and chance should allow for and it is NOT producing results that are giving you an edge on the game. However, if you consistently win say 4% or 5% of all games played (with only 20 numbers a day which is 2%), then you would be winning twice as much as probability should allow for, in which case you could say the system is viable and gives you a winning edge. Of course, I think such a system would have to prove itself throughout entire draw histories and in multiple states.

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

Raven62's avatar - binary
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #17843
                              June 28, 2005
                              49718 Posts
                              Posted: May 1, 2011, 11:11 am - IP Logged

You might be right, though in the early stages of the thread math was intermittently discussed as it pertained to lottery systems.  There's no clearly defined instructional material as to where a thread should be placed and at the time of the initial posting the Math forum seemed to stand a better chance of getting the kinds of insights I was looking for. 

Next most appropriate would have been the Lottery Systems forum in my view.  But the Lottery Systems Forum was getting hundreds of posts daily and the Math Forum was only getting a few, mainly the bickering and sniping between a tiny handfull of members throwing snide remarks and innuendoes back and forth at one another.

I asked the question on Math because I was looking for thoughtful responses.  I'm happy I posted it there instead of somewhere else because I believe that's where I got the kinds of answers I was hoping for.

But I had no idea it would go on 59 pages with 49 of them being the type of posts I have been glad to avoid and did avoid reading for the most part.

It boils down to the old debate: Mysticism  vs Statistical

Either way: People are Playing Numbers based upon incomplete or uncertain knowledge!

Play On! Thumbs Up

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Page 59 of 62