Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a lottery system? What distinguishes a lottery system from guesses, dreams and quick picks?

Topic closed. 918 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mayhem.

Page 61 of 62
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19829 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2011, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

The odds of betting $20 on a straight pick-4 number and winning $100,000 are 9999 to 1. The odds of winning a $100,000 plus jackpot for the same $20 on a 5/39 pick-5 game are 28,788 to 1.

Joker does have a point.

True but to get those odds, you betting for a prize of $100,000 or nothing at all while a 5/39 game top prize may be greater than $100,000 or you could also win one of the smaller prizes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2011, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Dividing the 5/39 odds by 20 to arrive at 28788 to one just doesn't work (or dividing by any other number.)

IF IT DID, with the over 100,000 members on this board we could all pitch in $1 every Pick 5 drawing and split every jackpot available. Why stop at $20? Just keep sending it in until you have an even money bet.

IT DOESN'T WORK. If it did no "house" would be bookinng the action.

No matter how many lines of numbers you play each onr line is up against the 575757:1 odds. Only one winning combination is drawn. Each combination played is either that combination or not, usually not.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7314 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2011, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

True but to get those odds, you betting for a prize of $100,000 or nothing at all while a 5/39 game top prize may be greater than $100,000 or you could also win one of the smaller prizes.

A $20 5/39 ticket should get back at least $2 and if somebody said $10 or $11, I wouldn't argue. I never bet $20 on a pick-4 number straight; have any hot numbers?

Hiding Behind Computer

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2011, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Dividing the 5/39 odds by 20 to arrive at 28788 to one just doesn't work (or dividing by any other number.)

IF IT DID, with the over 100,000 members on this board we could all pitch in $1 every Pick 5 drawing and split every jackpot available. Why stop at $20? Just keep sending it in until you have an even money bet.

IT DOESN'T WORK. If it did no "house" would be bookinng the action.

No matter how many lines of numbers you play each onr line is up against the 575757:1 odds. Only one winning combination is drawn. Each combination played is either that combination or not, usually not.

We could look at the percentage of possible combos each method has if that helps. The pick-4 bet has 0.01% and the pick-5 bet has 0.00347%. Odds are usually expressed as chances to lose (575737) to chances to win (20). It's no different than on a crap table when "Five" is the point and there are 6 ways to roll a "Seven" and 4 ways to roll a "Five"; rounded off to 3 to 2 odds.

100,000 tickets have a 21% chance and the house would gladly take that bet on a $100,000 jackpot. The rolling jackpots are from the slice already taken out when previous drawings weren't hit. A $400,000 jackpot would net the 100,000 players $300,000 before taxes and no difference to the house if a $1 player won it.

The 100,000 tickets would need to hit a jackpot over $800,000 by themselves to get the 5.75 to 1 odds they gave up after taxes. The biggest fear of the Aussie syndicate in the Virginia Lotto was multiple winners.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2011, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

If I understand your logic, you're saying it make no sense to buy a Fantasy Five ticket which has 1:376000  odds of winning $100,000+ when you can buy a pick3 ticket which has 1:1000 odds of winning $600.  That logic probably makes more sense to you then it ever will to me because losing money trying to win $600 doesn't make as much sense to me as losing the same amount trying to win millions of dollars.  I guess that's why state offer different games with different size prizes and odds, something for everybody.

Well, the premise of this thread is dealing with what defines a system, and If I had a system that hit the p-3 regularly where I could make a living off of it, or having a chance of hitting a JP, which is surely out of my reach because of the sheer amount of possible combos, I'd choose making the efffort at something that I can master that is easier, than trying to beat something that 99.9% of folks will never beat like the JP games.

I know someone In a state I won't mention that has made over $200,000 bucks so far with the Pick-4 in about 5 months time playing online. I asked the person If I could do what this person is doing and this person was willing to give me the numbers but I'd need at least 3 thousand bucks to start, but better If I had 5 thousand. This person has an ingenious way to make stupid amounts of money with the P-4, and I just wish I'd known about this a few years back when I had 10 grand in the bank. But it wouldn't have helped because he didn't know about this back then. It is a recent endeavor. My timing is always off...lol

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
            Denver, Co
            United States
            Member #103046
            December 29, 2010
            546 Posts
            Posted: May 3, 2011, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Well, the premise of this thread is dealing with what defines a system, and If I had a system that hit the p-3 regularly where I could make a living off of it, or having a chance of hitting a JP, which is surely out of my reach because of the sheer amount of possible combos, I'd choose making the efffort at something that I can master that is easier, than trying to beat something that 99.9% of folks will never beat like the JP games.

I know someone In a state I won't mention that has made over $200,000 bucks so far with the Pick-4 in about 5 months time playing online. I asked the person If I could do what this person is doing and this person was willing to give me the numbers but I'd need at least 3 thousand bucks to start, but better If I had 5 thousand. This person has an ingenious way to make stupid amounts of money with the P-4, and I just wish I'd known about this a few years back when I had 10 grand in the bank. But it wouldn't have helped because he didn't know about this back then. It is a recent endeavor. My timing is always off...lol

"I'd choose making the efffort at something that I can master that is easier, than trying to beat something that 99.9% of folks will never beat like the JP games."

Excellent point and I would agree. I'd love to be playing the 3's and 4's because of the odds but Colorado does not have any as of yet, all we have are the jackpot games. My goal would be to make enough money at 3 and 4 to fund the larger 5 and 6 # JP games, if that's possible.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19829 Posts
              Posted: May 3, 2011, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

If I had a system that hit the p-3 regularly where I could make a living off of it

As far as I know no such systems exist and neither do any of those time machines that some other players said they would use to back in time to play the winning numbers after viewing the drawings.  If they did I would have a different strategy for playing too.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: May 3, 2011, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

If I had a system that hit the p-3 regularly where I could make a living off of it

As far as I know no such systems exist and neither do any of those time machines that some other players said they would use to back in time to play the winning numbers after viewing the drawings.  If they did I would have a different strategy for playing too.

You make a good point because I haven't found one either, but If I gave you the option of a game to beat that either had 10,000 to 1 odds, or 50 to 1, which one would you choose to beat?

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: May 3, 2011, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

"I'd choose making the efffort at something that I can master that is easier, than trying to beat something that 99.9% of folks will never beat like the JP games."

Excellent point and I would agree. I'd love to be playing the 3's and 4's because of the odds but Colorado does not have any as of yet, all we have are the jackpot games. My goal would be to make enough money at 3 and 4 to fund the larger 5 and 6 # JP games, if that's possible.

Play online...

No problems, Only Solutions...Green laugh       ROFL         Cheers

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19829 Posts
                    Posted: May 3, 2011, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

You make a good point because I haven't found one either, but If I gave you the option of a game to beat that either had 10,000 to 1 odds, or 50 to 1, which one would you choose to beat?

Depends on the prize, if the 10,000 to 1 odds were for $10,000 and the 50 to 1 odds were for $50, I would take the 10,000 to 1 odds if both cost a dollar.  Adding $49 to the dollar I have is not going make much difference in my life but adding $9,999 to it would.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: May 3, 2011, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Depends on the prize, if the 10,000 to 1 odds were for $10,000 and the 50 to 1 odds were for $50, I would take the 10,000 to 1 odds if both cost a dollar.  Adding $49 to the dollar I have is not going make much difference in my life but adding $9,999 to it would.

Your answers are so cavalier sounding...lol

Of course i would also want to win the 10,000 bucks but it would be much harder to beat than the measley 50 to 1. Wouldn't you want to beat 50 to 1 even If it wasn't the 50 to 1 payoff, say 25 bucks for a dollar bet on a regular basis. Because deep down, once you find a way to beat it on a regular basis, then you only have to repeat the process. Unlike trying to beat the JP, you have to have a miracle....

Maybe you're right Rjoh. Maybe trying to hit the p-3 on a regular basis is close to trying to beat a JP just once...lol

I can see the math in my head...Hee hee.. 

United States
                        Member #93947
                        July 10, 2010
                        2180 Posts
                        Posted: May 3, 2011, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Your answers are so cavalier sounding...lol

Of course i would also want to win the 10,000 bucks but it would be much harder to beat than the measley 50 to 1. Wouldn't you want to beat 50 to 1 even If it wasn't the 50 to 1 payoff, say 25 bucks for a dollar bet on a regular basis. Because deep down, once you find a way to beat it on a regular basis, then you only have to repeat the process. Unlike trying to beat the JP, you have to have a miracle....

Maybe you're right Rjoh. Maybe trying to hit the p-3 on a regular basis is close to trying to beat a JP just once...lol

I can see the math in my head...Hee hee.. 

"Maybe you're right Rjoh. Maybe trying to hit the p-3 on a regular basis is close to trying to beat a JP just once...lol

I can see the math in my head...Hee hee.."

Don't lose that image; you've figured it out! Approve

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                          light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: May 4, 2011, 1:52 am - IP Logged

How tall are you visiondude and how much do you weigh?

Green laughGreen laughGreen laughRed Devil

i enumerated the many "excuses' you guys manufactured about me,  when you didn't want to address the different highlights i made about the suspicious claims that systems extract superior results over QP's,  but this is a new one even for me.

i will let your irrelevant excuses run wild,  but "tall enough" in the integrity dept to maintain not having to resort to the tactics you guys resort to,  and i carry my "weight" judiciously,  when i need to.

does that answer your question ?

can you come up with anything else?    ....................because that was actually entertaining

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

CT
                            United States
                            Member #60059
                            April 4, 2008
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: May 6, 2011, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone tried 3 5 gallon buckets with Ping Pong Balls #0-9 cover with cloth

with a slit in the cloth to reach you hand in, before each drawing shake up the

buckets pull out a ball and play that combination.

It could be expanded to cove Powerball, etc...

Luck be with you!!!

NOTE: All numbers posted are BOXED and unless otherwise noted.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2011, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone tried 3 5 gallon buckets with Ping Pong Balls #0-9 cover with cloth

with a slit in the cloth to reach you hand in, before each drawing shake up the

buckets pull out a ball and play that combination.

It could be expanded to cove Powerball, etc...

Now there's a system I can relate to!

I like that one real good.

I ain't got any buckets though.

Have to use croker sacks.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Page 61 of 62