Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can prayer affect the outcome of a lottery

Topic closed. 215 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 15
PrintE-mailLink

Praying for a lottery win will:

Improve the chances of winning [ 34 ]  [45.95%]
Worsen the chances of winning [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Have no influence on the chances of winning [ 40 ]  [54.05%]
Total Valid Votes [ 74 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  

Canada
Member #68663
December 27, 2008
260 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2011, 12:34 am - IP Logged

In light of the recent discussions about the affect of prayer on the outcome of a lottery draw, I am curious to what the average person thinks. I am more interested in the vote outcome rather than the rationale behind the vote. But if there is a discussion, please try to keep it civil.

Thanks

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2011, 12:44 am - IP Logged

In light of the recent discussions about the affect of prayer on the outcome of a lottery draw, I am curious to what the average person thinks. I am more interested in the vote outcome rather than the rationale behind the vote. But if there is a discussion, please try to keep it civil.

Thanks

I rated this thread one star (my first time ever rating anything one star) and will not be voting in your poll because it's simply more of your phony-baloney harassment of Christians.

Once again act as pious as a saint.

But do you really  think you're fooling anybody?

Everybody can look up your past posts in the Jackpot Forum to see how you really feel.

Grow up.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2011, 12:46 am - IP Logged

I voted Discard because both of the first two options could be right, or wrong.

I've read quite a few books about angels, and in one of them thie question of praying to an angel to win a jackpot was discussed. What the author of that particular book said was angels won't even consider such a thing because so many people are making that same request to so many angels that one angel granting such a prayer would be canceling out all the other angels with the same request, thus no angel will touch it.

I started this post saying both of the first two options could be right, or wrong becasue just maybe in a casae of extreme desperation such a thing could happen (a win). But for the most part, as has been discussed here on LP a few times, there is no "deserves to win" or "justice" in winning jackpots.

Q. What's the difference between praying in church and praying for your numbers to be drawn?

A. When you're praying for your numbers you really mean it!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

addai1516's avatar - lib
        Newyork City NY / westland michigan
        United States
        Member #93153
        June 23, 2010
        4087 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2011, 12:48 am - IP Logged

i will say no , if it was that easy you just get on your knees and beg God for 10 million dollars and behold the money will be under the pillow next morning

but surely enough don't work that way. Humans control lottrey.  Just like doing laundry you can't wash whites with colours .The best thing to do Keep God and lottrey seperated. Good Luck to uThumbs Up

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #22395
          September 24, 2005
          1583 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2011, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Absolutely makes no difference.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #22395
            September 24, 2005
            1583 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2011, 1:03 am - IP Logged

I rated this thread one star (my first time ever rating anything one star) and will not be voting in your poll because it's simply more of your phony-baloney harassment of Christians.

Once again act as pious as a saint.

But do you really  think you're fooling anybody?

Everybody can look up your past posts in the Jackpot Forum to see how you really feel.

Grow up.

Why would prayers or no prayers harass Christians?  Other religions pray.  There are other religions here in the United States, you act like there only Christians belong here.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2011, 1:54 am - IP Logged

Why would prayers or no prayers harass Christians?  Other religions pray.  There are other religions here in the United States, you act like there only Christians belong here.

Do you judge people by one thing they say?

No?

Then why are you doing it now with this guy?

Go read his posts about Christians and the mockery he made of somebody asking for prayer for her father.

Or shut up.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5120 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2011, 3:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks

thank>you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great>>>>treadddddddddddddddddd????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psyko>>>THINKS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>THE spirit KAN >>>>>>>INFLUENCE....>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psykomko

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2011, 4:16 am - IP Logged

Thanks

It makes no difference.  People pray for many things but nothing ever happens.

Then there's a few who don't do anything at all and win millions. I've even heard of felons with horrible crimes winning the JP. ......What?

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2011, 4:29 am - IP Logged

I think this poll is a stupid idea. I think it is dumber than a sand fence post for
                    a boat at low tide in a bay. I think it
                    is dumber than those who make mud fence posts and that is real dumb. What I
                    think is of no importance, unless it is what the Word of God says.

Jesus Christ is not God so If you pray to a jesus (which there are many spiritual counterfeits)
                    then you got the wrong god. The true God does not need anyone’s deal for
                    worship. People want signs and He does not work that way as He did via Moses,
                    Today you believe His promises and THEN you receive, then you see the proof His
                    word is good. It used to be see and then believe. The signs were to help counter unbelief, but like I said that is
                    O.T. Same God, new conditions; A new dispensation: Grace, not works.

All those in the desert with Moses that had unbelief never made it to the promised land, including Moses. The whole generation
                    were full of unbelief even after having seen the mighty miracles. So you can forget counterfeit
                    answers to prayer by the dude that offered Jesus, the Son of God all kinds of
                    promises if he worshiped the one who had dominion of the world and the same who
                    had it to give. Jesus said, “no deal, dirt-bag”.

Check the sources when people get answers to prayer and ask yourself, who is getting
                    the glory? There is the God and Father of Jesus Christ and the god of this
                    world who got the dominion underhandedly from Adam in a legal way because Adam
                    disobeyed God. The second Adam bought us back (legaly) from being under the dominion,
                    but you have to choose wisely who your lord is. Be cleaver. Are the dead alive? On what lie caused the
                    action that the dominion got transferred?

So this guy’s mother wins a lottery and he has gone hog-wild for ‘jesus’. People
                    think that praying to any old ‘jesus’ is okay so more follow suit. The true God
                    is assumed in the context but take a closer look. Many will deny there is a
                    God, let alone two.

What’s in your jug? John 3:16 only points to Romans 10: 9 & 10. If you did an
                    alter call on John 3:16, you might have no ticket for the ride of your life,..
                    or you can look at it another way and you have guaranteed yourself to prove who
                    your lord is at the promise of death. In that case either Lord in that future
                    day will do but one will not ask you to bow to him or die for disobedience.

If you want salvation from your works it is at the doorstep when all of the
                    believers are gone: “…and have washed
                    their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”

REV
                    7:14 ( have and made means WORKS)

Get yur God right. Jesus Christ is the mediator between man and God. He bridged the
                    gap and if you believe on Christ, he paid the price so you could get out from
                    under the wicked dominion of this world that you were born into. If you are not
                    delivered, you are a subject of the one who has dominion. Redirection of
                    worship away from the true God makes you a loser and if worship can be taken from
                    the true God in any fashion in your mind and life, you lose.

Which spirit do you want in your life? Holy Spirit or unholy spirit? Both can do some marvelous
                    things. Choose wisely. God is not mocked. The true God forgives when you
                    disobey Him, while the counterfeit has a three-fold ministry to steal, kill and
                    destroy(disobey #2 and you DIE). One temps and bribes man, and one is incapable of that. Both can
                    answer prayers. Both offer sonship to make you complete; Body, Soul, Spirit as Adam was. One is a counterfeit.

There can only be one. Guess who the loser is?

Where is your treasure?

DD

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5120 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2011, 5:02 am - IP Logged

I think this poll is a stupid idea. I think it is dumber than a sand fence post for

Jesus Christ is not God so If you pray to a jesus (which there are many spiritual counterfeits)
                      word is good. It used to be see and then believe. The signs were to help counter unbelief, but like I said that is

All those in the desert with Moses that had unbelief never made it to the promised land, including Moses. The whole generation
                      were full of unbelief even after having seen the mighty miracles. So you can forget counterfeit

Check the sources when people get answers to prayer and ask yourself, who is getting
                      disobeyed God. The second Adam bought us back (legaly) from being under the dominion,
                      but you have to choose wisely who your lord is. Be cleaver. Are the dead alive? On what lie caused the

So this guy’s mother wins a lottery and he has gone hog-wild for ‘jesus’. People
                      God, let alone two.

REV

Get yur God right. Jesus Christ is the mediator between man and God. He bridged the
                      worship away from the true God makes you a loser and if worship can be taken from

Which spirit do you want in your life? Holy Spirit or unholy spirit? Both can do some marvelous
                      destroy(disobey #2 and you DIE). One temps and bribes man, and one is incapable of that. Both can
                      answer prayers. Both offer sonship to make you complete; Body, Soul, Spirit as Adam was. One is a counterfeit.

Where is your treasure?

DD

psyko>>>>>>>>>>>I Agree!Jack-in-the-BoxPartyJack-in-the-BoxParty

i get PISSED >>>>>OFF 2 THINK i can >

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WIN D LOTTERY$$$$

OH MY GOD/////////////WHAT 2 DO I DODO??

WITH THIS MONEY4444MONEY!!!$$$$$$

Canada
                        Member #68663
                        December 27, 2008
                        260 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2011, 11:17 am - IP Logged

God, let alone two.

REV

Where is your treasure?

DD

Delta Draw, I think you misread or misunderstood the poll. The poll does not mention or reference Jesus.

softysecret's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                          nassau
                          Bahamas
                          Member #11243
                          February 8, 2005
                          8 Posts
                          Posted: May 31, 2011, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

God, let alone two.

REV

Where is your treasure?

DD

for your infomation jesus christ is god he steped down out of glory and became man to show that he to can bear the trails that we face everyday if you don't believe that he is god that is your business but because you don't believe that he is god doesn't make him not so keep your opinions to yourself .

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                            light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: May 31, 2011, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

God, let alone two.

REV

Where is your treasure?

DD

well,  since you went off on "who" the guy prayed to....

"Jesus Christ is not God"

since the entirety of "Christianity" is based on the fullfilment of the hundreds of prophecies concerning the coming of God in the flesh,  and Jesus Christ directly claiming to be God,  i guess that is all i need to underline from the rest of your post,  to differentiate between a true follower,  and cult beliefs that have taken a left hand detour from historical Christianity.

Jesus Christ was murdered simply for one reason alone...

for claiming to BE God...          that is an eyewitnessed historical fact

now the larger question becomes after he claimed it;

is he......or isn't He?,

and if He is.....He can do anything He wants,  anytime He wants,  without hinderance or help from us,  so long as it mirrors His particulary defined will for our lives.

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                              light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: May 31, 2011, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

well,  since you went off on "who" the guy prayed to....

"Jesus Christ is not God"

since the entirety of "Christianity" is based on the fullfilment of the hundreds of prophecies concerning the coming of God in the flesh,  and Jesus Christ directly claiming to be God,  i guess that is all i need to underline from the rest of your post,  to differentiate between a true follower,  and cult beliefs that have taken a left hand detour from historical Christianity.

Jesus Christ was murdered simply for one reason alone...

for claiming to BE God...          that is an eyewitnessed historical fact

now the larger question becomes after he claimed it;

is he......or isn't He?,

and if He is.....He can do anything He wants,  anytime He wants,  without hinderance or help from us,  so long as it mirrors His particulary defined will for our lives.

pardon my long history with DD,  but when he decides to go there...

anyway,  most people have the wrong idea of what prayer is,  and how it works (if it does at all).

for the believer  prayer is NOT turning God into your personal wish-list ATM machine.

prayer IS getting on the same page that God is already on.

since he is personal,  He already has a plan in place for our individual lives,  so praying for something to happen without prior knowledge of it going to happen,  you are merely hoping it "will happen",  and predicating upon God to make it happen,  just because you desire it to happen.

prayer does NOT work like that.

God (if you believe) is to be worshipped,  and the definition of "worship" is to serve Him,  not that He serves us.

so it becomes simple within that definition that if it is already in with what God has included in His plan,  then you can guarantee it will.

if it is not within his plan.....you can cry, scratch, beg, bargain, trade, whine, complain,  threaten,  and any other number of human manipulation......but it will never happen.

you know that saying......"if only they had enough faith"?

that's baloney.    you cannot "believe" something into existence for which God never intends to flesh out.

if you don't know.....pray......but a "no" is just as valid as a yes.

the technical answer to the threads question is no

you cannot affect the "outcome" for you or anyone else.

all you CAN DO is find out what God thinks about this arena of your life by having a personal relationship with Him ("prayer"),  bowing to His decision making over your life,  and then adjusting to what ever answer He ends up giving you.

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Page 1 of 15