Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can prayer affect the outcome of a lottery

Topic closed. 215 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Todd.

Page 6 of 15
PrintE-mailLink

Praying for a lottery win will:

Improve the chances of winning [ 34 ]  [45.95%]
Worsen the chances of winning [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Have no influence on the chances of winning [ 40 ]  [54.05%]
Total Valid Votes [ 74 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Tenaj's avatar - michellea
Charlotte NC
United States
Member #17406
June 18, 2005
4053 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:43 am - IP Logged

This a lottrey website, each time the bible and religion topics pop up there is an uproar hatred and insults , believers and non believers  are here on lp. May be such topics needs to be banned to bring peace to all. This means religion, the bible and God topics needs to be in blogs or banned !! This should not be an offence to the believer and non believer.This a lottrey website lets talk about  the lottrey.Subject matter becomes too sensitve to others.

This is the way I feel about politics in the threads on LP.   An uproar of hatred and insults occur as well, when really the subject had nothing to do with politics.  I voted yes, prayer changes things.

takeemtothebank

United States
    Member #81843
    October 31, 2009
    856 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:48 am - IP Logged

I don't play well with others I guess.

Especially the nanny-staters.

They're the ones with the helmets playing checkers.

Yea, me smelleth a hint of entitleism.

How far shouldst this nanny-diversity go?

"Whahh, it burns the precious."

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Yea, me smelleth a hint of entitleism.

How far shouldst this nanny-diversity go?

"Whahh, it burns the precious."

DD

I'll tell ya how far it goes.

They won't be happy until everybody is forced to wear a helmet while playing checkers.

When they think something is a good idea and want to do it, they want everybody else forced to do it.

And you can't talk sense to them because it's a genetic defect that short circuits common sense.

I'm offended!

Somebody do something about it!

Somebody enact a new law or make a new rule, quick!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #81843
        October 31, 2009
        856 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2011, 3:18 am - IP Logged

They won't be happy until everybody is forced to wear a helmet while playing checkers.

When they think something is a good idea and want to do it, they want everybody else forced to do it.

And you can't talk sense to them because it's a genetic defect that short circuits common sense.

I'm offended!

Common sense is not so common anymore, so you are a minority.
        Since you are a minority, there will be new entitlements awarded to you.

1)     
        1) You can have days off without pay.

2)     
        2) You get a special place to check on all forms.

3)     
        3) Nobody can insult you for having common sense, it will be a law.

4)     
        4) Open container laws no longer apply to you. You are special.

5)     
        5) Anybody who wants to be special will have to prove they have common sense.

6)     
        6) You will be exempt from taxation without representation.

7)     
        7) Your dogs are special too.

D  DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2011, 3:27 am - IP Logged

Common sense is not so common anymore, so you are a minority.
          Since you are a minority, there will be new entitlements awarded to you.

1)     
          1) You can have days off without pay.

2)     
          2) You get a special place to check on all forms.

3)     
          3) Nobody can insult you for having common sense, it will be a law.

4)     
          4) Open container laws no longer apply to you. You are special.

5)     
          5) Anybody who wants to be special will have to prove they have common sense.

6)     
          6) You will be exempt from taxation without representation.

7)     
          7) Your dogs are special too.

D  DD

Sounds fair except fer the lack of a free whiskey fer life clause.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #81843
            October 31, 2009
            856 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2011, 3:38 am - IP Logged

Sounds fair except fer the lack of a free whiskey fer life clause.

You entitleists are never satisfied.
            The world is handed to you on a silver platter and you want more. More rights,
            more privileges and more entitlements. More , more , more.

Next you will bee wanting to impede the entitlements
            of others like the mouth breathers and gothic’s. Why? Because you don’t feel
            special enough.

You get days off without pay and that’s
            as far as it goes. You’re not special anymore.

And,... you will have to glean for the straw to make bricks with. Same quota.

DD

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #22395
              September 24, 2005
              1583 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2011, 5:57 am - IP Logged

Well start complaining to Todd about the news that someone prayed to God for their mother to win the lottery. Complain there.

Add to that the whole mystical forum goes in the trash can so there is nothing of any spititual nature discussed on site.

That includes 'Luck".

DD

He'll (Todd) read this.

Either way is fine with me.  Perhaps the exceptions can be the mystical forum and blogs.

That includes 'Luck".

I guess you'd have to explain that to me? Are you saying God is luck or that all things come from God, therefore that includes "luck?"

Really not that important to me, whatever plan removes the distraction(s) from the main forums would be a step in the right direction. 

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2011, 6:16 am - IP Logged

He'll (Todd) read this.

Either way is fine with me.  Perhaps the exceptions can be the mystical forum and blogs.

That includes 'Luck".

I guess you'd have to explain that to me? Are you saying God is luck or that all things come from God, therefore that includes "luck?"

Really not that important to me, whatever plan removes the distraction(s) from the main forums would be a step in the right direction. 

I’ll answer that about luck because luck is a superstition and a belief system. It is spiritualism. So why should
                there not be news, threads and posts that speak of other spiritualistic matters? 

You may not understand what spiritualism is, but that does not mean you can influence things your way.

Spiritualism has devil spirits behind it.
                 Objects can be polluted as well as the mind.

Whether they know it or not, the adherent may as well be playing with a Ouija board.

{That text was for the people reading this as if I was talking to another person.}

This is for you: look for a new home. See you when I return in glory.

DD

Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: June 2, 2011, 6:19 am - IP Logged

I'm offended!

This a lottrey lottery website, each time the bible and religion topics pop up there is an uproar hatred and insults , believers and non believers  are here on lp. May be such topics needs to be banned to bring peace to all. This means religion, the bible and God topics needs to be in blogs or banned !! This should not be an offence to the believer and non believer.This a lottrey lottery website lets talk about  the lottrey lottery.Subject matter becomes too sensitve to others.

I simply stated it sounded like a good idea - you choose to make it an issue of sarcastic comedy.  If you don't agree offer your alternate plan for stopping the distractions in the threads.  Leave the distractions for the blogs. 

Is this the kind of stuff you do when you play checkers?  Argue religion or lack-of religion?  Put down the Jack and contribute a solution.

Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #22395
                    September 24, 2005
                    1583 Posts
                    Posted: June 2, 2011, 6:23 am - IP Logged

I’ll answer that about luck because luck is a superstition and a belief system. It is spiritualism. So why should
                    there not be news, threads and posts that speak of other spiritualistic matters? 

You may not understand what spiritualism is, but that does not mean you can influence things your way.

Spiritualism has devil spirits behind it.
                     Objects can be polluted as well as the mind.

Whether they know it or not, the adherent may as well be playing with a Ouija board.

{That text was for the people reading this as if I was talking to another person.}

This is for you: look for a new home. See you when I return in glory.

DD

In all honesty, are you saying the distractions are spiritual, especially "luck?"  I don't see much in the way of "devil spirits" causing arguments in threads.  Unless you consider the lack-of religion to be devil spirits?

addai1516's avatar - lib
                      Newyork City NY / westland michigan
                      United States
                      Member #93153
                      June 23, 2010
                      4087 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2011, 7:33 am - IP Logged

This is the way I feel about politics in the threads on LP.   An uproar of hatred and insults occur as well, when really the subject had nothing to do with politics.  I voted yes, prayer changes things.

When you say prayer changes things do you mean the lottrey ? or something else ? like health prosperity etc ? what do you mean exactly ?

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

addai1516's avatar - lib
                        Newyork City NY / westland michigan
                        United States
                        Member #93153
                        June 23, 2010
                        4087 Posts
                        Posted: June 2, 2011, 8:56 am - IP Logged

This a lottrey lottery website, each time the bible and religion topics pop up there is an uproar hatred and insults , believers and non believers  are here on lp. May be such topics needs to be banned to bring peace to all. This means religion, the bible and God topics needs to be in blogs or banned !! This should not be an offence to the believer and non believer.This a lottrey lottery website lets talk about  the lottrey lottery.Subject matter becomes too sensitve to others.

I simply stated it sounded like a good idea - you choose to make it an issue of sarcastic comedy.  If you don't agree offer your alternate plan for stopping the distractions in the threads.  Leave the distractions for the blogs. 

Is this the kind of stuff you do when you play checkers?  Argue religion or lack-of religion?  Put down the Jack and contribute a solution.

Thumbs Down sarcastic comedy i did not mention such ,  !!  May be you have the solution to tell us , all the distraction you metioned not neccessary i would think. Thumbs Up

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

Canada
                          Member #68663
                          December 27, 2008
                          260 Posts
                          Posted: June 2, 2011, 10:50 am - IP Logged

My secretary, Helen Waite, handles all of my apologies.

So if you want an apology, go to Helen Waite.   Big Grin

And you call yourself a Christian. Shame on you!

Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #22395
                            September 24, 2005
                            1583 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2011, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Down sarcastic comedy i did not mention such ,  !!  May be you have the solution to tell us , all the distraction you metioned not neccessary i would think. Thumbs Up

Addai, please re-read my post that you quoted, in its entirety.  It wasn't directed to you.  It was directed to this post by rdgrnr, which indirectly is aimed at you, since you suggested moving religious discussion.  I agreed with your plan to move religious distractions.

I'm offended!

Somebody enact a new law or make a new rule, quick!"

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                              light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

I want to make a wager.

Either you or an attorney can set this up.

Show me a fact regarding any of the Bible stories.

I'll personally give you a thousand bucks If you are successful.

Chair

i will go you one far better,  and show you how a real man of integrity operates.

later tonight i will take that bet.....prove my case.....and never take a dime from you while doing it.

not only that,  i will perform a 2 for one deal,  by reminding the reading audience you totally wussed out of a sure $1000 because you can't back up nothing you attempt to sell as "true"

it was a slam dunk $1000 for you,  and your only response instead was to turn the tables around on me.

about the only thing "true" about your consistentcy abilities is your screename

anything else you would like to add to dig yourself a bigger hole ?

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Page 6 of 15