Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can prayer affect the outcome of a lottery

Topic closed. 215 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 15
PrintE-mailLink

Praying for a lottery win will:

Improve the chances of winning [ 34 ]  [45.95%]
Worsen the chances of winning [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Have no influence on the chances of winning [ 40 ]  [54.05%]
Total Valid Votes [ 74 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
50984 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2011, 6:44 am - IP Logged

I rated this thread one star (my first time ever rating anything one star) and will not be voting in your poll because it's simply more of your phony-baloney harassment of Christians.

Once again act as pious as a saint.

But do you really  think you're fooling anybody?

Everybody can look up your past posts in the Jackpot Forum to see how you really feel.

Grow up.

LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    50984 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2011, 6:47 am - IP Logged

I voted Discard because both of the first two options could be right, or wrong.

I've read quite a few books about angels, and in one of them thie question of praying to an angel to win a jackpot was discussed. What the author of that particular book said was angels won't even consider such a thing because so many people are making that same request to so many angels that one angel granting such a prayer would be canceling out all the other angels with the same request, thus no angel will touch it.

I started this post saying both of the first two options could be right, or wrong becasue just maybe in a casae of extreme desperation such a thing could happen (a win). But for the most part, as has been discussed here on LP a few times, there is no "deserves to win" or "justice" in winning jackpots.

Q. What's the difference between praying in church and praying for your numbers to be drawn?

A. When you're praying for your numbers you really mean it!

Is that a new Game Show: Praying for Dollars! LOL

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      50984 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2011, 6:50 am - IP Logged

i will say no , if it was that easy you just get on your knees and beg God for 10 million dollars and behold the money will be under the pillow next morning

but surely enough don't work that way. Humans control lottrey.  Just like doing laundry you can't wash whites with colours .The best thing to do Keep God and lottrey seperated. Good Luck to uThumbs Up

I Agree!

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        50984 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2011, 7:10 am - IP Logged

In light of the recent discussions about the affect of prayer on the outcome of a lottery draw, I am curious to what the average person thinks. I am more interested in the vote outcome rather than the rationale behind the vote. But if there is a discussion, please try to keep it civil.

Thanks

For an answer to your question: Consult with your Religious Professional! Thud

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #58835
          February 27, 2008
          148 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2011, 9:39 am - IP Logged

I didn't even vote because I think this is a personal answer and the answer is different for everyone.

I am a huge believer in the Secret.  For years, I would pray and try to manifest winning the lottery...I eventually realized that there are millions of people doing the same thing, so I changed tactics.  I pray and am trying to manifest millions of dollars...if the universe chooses to bring them about via a lottery, then so be it.  If not, I will still be just as happy with millions of dollars.

I think some people truly believe that praying will increase their chances and there's nothing wrong with that. 

At the end of the day--WHO CARES?

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2011, 10:21 am - IP Logged

while what you said is actually true,  biblically speaking,   i find it awefully telling that while you take pot shots at the bible and those who believe it's contextual truth's over thier lives....

....in how quick you are to now become....."the biblical expert"  on it's context  Green laugh

you have now relegated yourself to being an accessory to our crime of believing in "fairy tales"

good job,  joker (being an "expert" an all)...

I'm so sick of your crap. I've done my homework, which is why I'm an agnostic. I don't believe any of that stuff in the Bible, I was simply copying and pasting that info here to answer a question someone posted. I'm no expert, but I know enough contradictions that makes it quite clear to me that this whole religion nonsense is full of B.S. As far as the Bible is concerned, it's been plagiarized. There a few religions before the time of Christianity that have some of the exact same stories as in the Bible. The savior died and rose from the dead 3 days later, feeding the masses with fish, 3 wise men, and on and on and on. If you would actually do an objective search, you'd see this and many many other contradictions, but you won't because your biased.

See, this is why I get angry at you. You don't stop and think before you write your crap.

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2011, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I'm so sick of your crap. I've done my homework, which is why I'm an agnostic. I don't believe any of that stuff in the Bible, I was simply copying and pasting that info here to answer a question someone posted. I'm no expert, but I know enough contradictions that makes it quite clear to me that this whole religion nonsense is full of B.S. As far as the Bible is concerned, it's been plagiarized. There a few religions before the time of Christianity that have some of the exact same stories as in the Bible. The savior died and rose from the dead 3 days later, feeding the masses with fish, 3 wise men, and on and on and on. If you would actually do an objective search, you'd see this and many many other contradictions, but you won't because your biased.

See, this is why I get angry at you. You don't stop and think before you write your crap.

The following is where the Bible was plagiarized from:

Attis       Greece 1200- BC

Born of a virgin on Dec. 25

Crucified, dead for 3 days, placed in a tomb

Resurrected

Krishna      India- 900 BC

Born of a virgin Devaki

Star in the east signaling his coming

Peformed miracles with his disciples

And upon his death, resurrected

Dionysus       Greece- 500 BC

Born of a virgin Dec. 25

Traveling precher who performed miracles, turned water into wine

Reffered to as King of Kings

God's only begotten son

Alpha and Omega

And uppn his death, resurrected

Mithra of Persia    1200- BC

Born of a virgin on Dec. 25

12 disciples

Performed miracles

And upon his death, buried for 3 days and was resurrected

He was also referred to as the truth, the light and many others

Interestingly, the day of worship was on Sunday

The fact of the matter is that there are many others who also have similar stories like the ones below:

Chrisna of Hindostan

Budha Sakia of India

Salivahana of Bermuda

Zulis, or Zhule, also Osaris and Orusof Egypt

Odin of the Scandinavians

Crite of Chaldea

Zoroaster

Baal and taut God of Pheonecia

Indra of Tibet

Bali of Afghanistan

Jao of Nepal

Wittoba of Billingonese

Thammuz of Syria

Atys of Phrygia

Xanolxis pf the Bonzes

Adad of Assyria

Deva Tat and Sammononocodam of Siam

Alcides of Thebes

Mikado of the Sintoos

Ixion and Quirinus of Rome

Prometheus of Caucasus

Beddru of japan

hesus or Eros and Bremeillah of the Druids

Thor, son of Odin of the Gauls

Cadmus of Greece

Hil and Feta of the Mandaites

Gentaut and Quexalcote of mexico

Universal Monarch of the Sybyls

Ischy of the Island of Formosa

Divine teacher of Plato

Holy one of Xaca

Fohi and Tien of China

Adonis, son of the virgin Lo of Greece

All those similar attributes are from nothing but astrological reasons. This is too long to explain here. But it has to do with the star in the East which is Sirus, and is the brightest star in the night sky, and on Dec. 24th, it aligns with the 3 brightests stars in Orions belt. The 3 stars are called what they have been called in Ancient times....the 3 Kings..And they all point to the sunrise on Dec. 25th. The 3 kings follow the star in the east to locate the sunrise. The Son....

There's much much more but this is not the place to write it.

Canada
                Member #68663
                December 27, 2008
                260 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2011, 11:39 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr, please provide one post to support your accusation I have harassed Christians.

On the other hand, I can provide at least 100 posts in which you made personal attacks against members of this forum.

Just as I suspected rdgrnr, you provided no evidence for your accusations.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7340 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2011, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Not one person in the audience has voted "worsen the chances of winning".

Do you still need to phone a friend?

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2011, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

the Bible says that Jesus could see the future [Peter], if He can see the future all He has to do is whisper it to you in your dream or somehow...the  reason why He might not give it to you maybe is because He CAN SEE THE FUTURE AND SEE YOU doing something else or fartherning from Him...I think God wants you close to him/it/her than he/she/it wants you rich, not saying he/she/it doesnt want you rich...

ask yourself why if Jesus could make bread and fish abundant for everyone in the crowd why doesnt he make you rich...also if you look at it powerball has a design flaw and that is that there is only 1 person that becomes rich...

guys/dudes/girl-women dudes, seeing the future and trying to alter it is more complicated than all the calculations of all the supercomputers in the world can make..is very complicated so imagine now a doing it in a large scale...

seeing the future, remember the dominoe effect where 1 dominoe topples and his the next one and the next one hits the next one on and on and on forever well is not 1 line of dominoes, is not billions of lines of dominoes is not even quadrillion lines of dominoes interconnecting with each other is like a tree with lots of branches the size of JUPITER OR A PLANET THE SIZE OF JUPITER FILL FROM TOP TO BOTTOM WITH BARE TREES INTERTWINED....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

sandia's avatar - disney24
                      TEXAS
                      United States
                      Member #107766
                      March 13, 2011
                      196 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2011, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

the Bible says that Jesus could see the future [Peter], if He can see the future all He has to do is whisper it to you in your dream or somehow...the  reason why He might not give it to you maybe is because He CAN SEE THE FUTURE AND SEE YOU doing something else or fartherning from Him...I think God wants you close to him/it/her than he/she/it wants you rich, not saying he/she/it doesnt want you rich...

ask yourself why if Jesus could make bread and fish abundant for everyone in the crowd why doesnt he make you rich...also if you look at it powerball has a design flaw and that is that there is only 1 person that becomes rich...

guys/dudes/girl-women dudes, seeing the future and trying to alter it is more complicated than all the calculations of all the supercomputers in the world can make..is very complicated so imagine now a doing it in a large scale...

seeing the future, remember the dominoe effect where 1 dominoe topples and his the next one and the next one hits the next one on and on and on forever well is not 1 line of dominoes, is not billions of lines of dominoes is not even quadrillion lines of dominoes interconnecting with each other is like a tree with lots of branches the size of JUPITER OR A PLANET THE SIZE OF JUPITER FILL FROM TOP TO BOTTOM WITH BARE TREES INTERTWINED....

Pumpi, while I consider myself gnostic that is, I personally chose not to follow any religion or deity (being raised Catholic and Baptist), I do agree with you on one thing, if it harms us and those around us, it wouldn't manifest, it is just nature at work, for all I care, an atheist, christian,muslim,jew, hindu, buddhist.....you name it may or may not win with or without prayer, for it were that easy as a poster mentioned here, EVERYBODY GO ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY FOR $10 MILLION, that easy right? Nope! So, be the best that you can and if you believe in God, he may give you that blessing, if not, and you believe in pure luck, it might shine on you.

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: June 1, 2011, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

guys i didnt want to say this...you have to believe me i didnt want to say this and you have to believe me that what i tell you is true...

remember the hooded figure i saw well 2 days before it i prayed to God [nobody could had known what i prayed] so i prayed to God it was like my 3rd times in the whole year that i prayed and i ask God, God show me/let me see my enemies i dont think i have enemies but still thats what i ask among other things [i know what type of prayer is that] 2 days later i saw the hooded figure and the TV thing that i told you in my blog...

nobody could had known what i pray for...

the last time i had prayed was like 5 years ago...i seldom pray...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2011, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

the reason why i pray this prayer was because someone has been coming to my house and taking my stuffs, sick and tired of leaving milk or something else in my refrigerator and in the morning going to the refrigerator and have stuffs missing or most of my milk drank i also see my stuffs moved or missing, i figure i must have an enemy/enemies so i prayed to God, to let me see who they were...I wake up in the morning and my shirts or sweaters or underwear torn...dont know who has been doing that....

Canada
                            Member #68663
                            December 27, 2008
                            260 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2011, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Not one person in the audience has voted "worsen the chances of winning".

Do you still need to phone a friend?

Yes, so far it looks like prayer may or may not help but it will not make your chances worse.

On that advice, I will pray our group wins tonight's Powerball jackpot. Can't hurt!

addai1516's avatar - lib
                              Newyork City NY / westland michigan
                              United States
                              Member #93153
                              June 23, 2010
                              4087 Posts
                              Posted: June 1, 2011, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Green laughPumpi is a genuis !!

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

Page 3 of 15