Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can prayer affect the outcome of a lottery

Topic closed. 215 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Todd.

Page 5 of 15
PrintE-mailLink

Praying for a lottery win will:

Improve the chances of winning [ 34 ]  [45.95%]
Worsen the chances of winning [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Have no influence on the chances of winning [ 40 ]  [54.05%]
Total Valid Votes [ 74 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
Michigan
United States
Member #22395
September 24, 2005
1583 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2011, 12:36 am - IP Logged

This a lottrey website, each time the bible and religion topics pop up there is an uproar hatred and insults , believers and non believers  are here on lp. May be such topics needs to be banned to bring peace to all. This means religion, the bible and God topics needs to be in blogs or banned !! This should not be an offence to the believer and non believer.This a lottrey website lets talk about  the lottrey.Subject matter becomes too sensitve to others.

I actually agree with you.  If a person wants to be a religious fanatic or a 100% atheist, that should be their own private business.

Any post with the words God, Jesus, prayers or other religious connotations should be deleted.  I don't want to read  "God luck" "God created the box bet" "I will keep you in my prayers" "I'm praying for a win" "need some prayers" "God bless America" "God bless them" "May God show love" "thank God I got my money the other day" "God Children" 

I didn't make those up, those are all phrases from actual posts here at LP found with a search.  When I did a search for atheist, only one page came up with 6 posts, nonetheless, keep God or lack of God to yourselves or in your blogs and stick with lottery, gambling and math in the forums.

Canada
    Member #68663
    December 27, 2008
    260 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:17 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr, please provide one post to support your accusation I have harassed Christians.

On the other hand, I can provide at least 100 posts in which you made personal attacks against members of this forum.

rdgrnr, I am still waiting for you to provide one post to support your accusation. If you cannot provide evidence, then do the right thing and withdraw the accusation and apologize.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:40 am - IP Logged

I actually agree with you.  If a person wants to be a religious fanatic or a 100% atheist, that should be their own private business.

Any post with the words God, Jesus, prayers or other religious connotations should be deleted.  I don't want to read  "God luck" "God created the box bet" "I will keep you in my prayers" "I'm praying for a win" "need some prayers" "God bless America" "God bless them" "May God show love" "thank God I got my money the other day" "God Children" 

I didn't make those up, those are all phrases from actual posts here at LP found with a search.  When I did a search for atheist, only one page came up with 6 posts, nonetheless, keep God or lack of God to yourselves or in your blogs and stick with lottery, gambling and math in the forums.

Awwww, is him offended?

Hims don't like people saying the word God?

Poor baby!   Sad

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:45 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr, I am still waiting for you to provide one post to support your accusation. If you cannot provide evidence, then do the right thing and withdraw the accusation and apologize.

My secretary, Helen Waite, handles all of my apologies.

So if you want an apology, go to Helen Waite.   Big Grin

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:55 am - IP Logged

US Flag     GOD BLESS AMERICA!     US Flag   

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #81843
            October 31, 2009
            856 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:05 am - IP Logged

I did my homework. I knows my bible.

God Made, Formed and Created man a long time ago. Man had it good but fellowship
            with God and man’s Dominion over the world took a hit.  God says to Lucifer, I will put enmity
            between thy seed and the woman’s seed.

So woman had a child (ouch) and she thought this
            child would be the promised seed, the Redeemer to patch things up. Turns out,
            the child was the first murderer and he killed his brother.

The promise of a Redeemer born of a woman has
            its roots in the promised seed. All the other spin-off religions and beliefs
            and morons have a similar story but the plagiarism is rooted in a desire to
            have the messiah and a claim to fame. Nimrod was a similar record and all the
            components are there. How old is that?

Before the written Word of God for man, it was first recorded in the stars.

So when God turned the lights back on, the
            dummy split-foot did not have a clue until it was revealed in the senses realm.
            Adam and his family was ministered to after the fall. Adam no longer
            had fellowship with God and could no longer walk with Him and talk with Him.
            God made a way to communicate with Adam. Someone taught Adam the greater truths
            written in the stars to give him hope. Hope of the first coming of the Redeemer,
            a Redeemer as in one who redeems you or buys your ass back. It was taught to
            Adam after he disobeyed God. What was once a mystery hidden in God was
            revealed. Surprise Lucifer, dumbass! Does it still hurt pretty-boy?

The tower of Babel celebrated the
            constellations in a lie and God put His
            foot down because His Word written in the stars was corrupted by a spiritual adversary. If someone wants to
            believe a lie, they should at least have a chance to know the truth. We have
            astrology today and it is just another product as old as the hills piled where
            the tower once stood. Another point is in the zodiac; the whole thing talks
            about the Redeemer. So where does the promise begin and where does it end? It
            begins in Virgo the virgin (the woman) and ends in Leo the lion (the Lion of Judah).
            The Sphinx is the head of a woman and the body of a lion. Think about it. How
            old is that thing?

So think about it joker, people with like
            languages massed and moved after the Babeling.

There is the proof all the world religions
            have a common thread. Who is doing the plagiarizing? Cain thought he himself
            was the Redeemer and went and built a city, his little fiefdom. I do not think
            the way of Cain is right, in fact the same thread is the secret in the sauce of
            the Antichrist. Cain was the first Antichrist, but not THE Antichrist.

Some believe the second coming of Christ is eminent.
            Some believe the first coming of Christ is eminent.  How come if J.C. is God, nobody is talking about God coming or returning in all the spin-offs??

If Jesus Christ is God and
            the second Adam, then what does that make the first Adam? He was a man; Made
            Formed and Created a three-fold being. His soul was breath life and while he
            was alive he was only body and soul. No spirit was upon him and he was estranged
            (no fellowship) from God, hoping for a Redeemer until the day he died.

Hebrews chapter 11. In verse 2 ‘elders’= fathers; same as in
            Chapter 1 verse 1.

DD

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #22395
              September 24, 2005
              1583 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:05 am - IP Logged

A proposal was made by addai1516 and I agreed that religion is a disruption of threads and really off-topic.  It certainly isn't up to me, it is Todd's site and his say-so will be the final word.

So, if we did have a vote in the decision, my guess is that you would rather keep religion completely uncensored?  (I just get that feeling based on your last post) Big Grin

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:10 am - IP Logged

A proposal was made by addai1516 and I agreed that religion is a disruption of threads and really off-topic.  It certainly isn't up to me, it is Todd's site and his say-so will be the final word.

So, if we did have a vote in the decision, my guess is that you would rather keep religion completely uncensored?  (I just get that feeling based on your last post) Big Grin

Well start complaining to Todd about the news that someone prayed to God for their mother to win the lottery. Complain there.

Add to that the whole mystical forum goes in the trash can so there is nothing of any spititual nature discussed on site.

That includes 'Luck".

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:19 am - IP Logged

Are you through changing and editing your post finally?

Everytime I write a response, I look up and you've removed the nasty stuff again.

Don't be frightened of the big old hillbilly man, princess.

Say what's on your mind.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:21 am - IP Logged

Are you through changing and editing your post finally?

Everytime I write a response, I look up and you've removed the nasty stuff again.

Don't be frightened of the big old hillbilly man, princess.

Say what's on your mind.

Consider the source.

DD

United States
                      Member #81843
                      October 31, 2009
                      856 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Hail Ridge-Runnicus!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:34 am - IP Logged

Do you bore and annoy the living hell out of everybody in real life too?

You actually did a search for the words God and Jesus?

You want "God Bless America" banned?

You're an idiot.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:35 am - IP Logged

Hey DD.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                            Member #81843
                            October 31, 2009
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:37 am - IP Logged

Hey DD.

Hey yourself.

You got the goats all stired up.

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:42 am - IP Logged

Hey yourself.

You got the goats all stired up.

DD

I don't play well with others I guess.

Especially the nanny-staters.

They're the ones with the helmets playing checkers.

--Edmund Burke

Page 5 of 15