Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can prayer affect the outcome of a lottery

Topic closed. 215 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 7 of 15
PrintE-mailLink

Praying for a lottery win will:

Improve the chances of winning [ 34 ]  [45.95%]
Worsen the chances of winning [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Have no influence on the chances of winning [ 40 ]  [54.05%]
Total Valid Votes [ 74 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
light on my feet
United States
Member #356
May 20, 2002
2744 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I looked up a definition for visiondude and found this:

"God complex

A person is who is said to have a "God complex", does not believe he is god, but acts so arrogantly that he might as well believe he is God or appointed to act by God."

I believe visiondud tells God himself the "real" story of Jesus and fills in the details.  You know, just in case God has forgotten after all these years.

visiondud admitted he lies!  He never bothers to provide a link pointing to confirmation of what he says - that is because he is so "original" in his thinking.  He is not a "parrot!"  That means he makes this stuff up as he goes along. And no one but him believes what he says!  Any normal person would provide a ton of links to where he is getting his information but visiondud can't!  Lazy liar with a God complex.

Quit while you are ahead - Lottery Post readers will thank you for sparing them of the drivel visiondud posts.

not gonna happen truecritic.   no one bullies me into not defending against the sarcastic likes of you when you guys attack the beliefs of others.

lets play a little highlight of the integrity game,  to test motives for purity shall we?

seems you are the only one that needs to descend into the gutter to lie about the other persons actions / character when they come across an opposing opinion.

lying about other people makes you what, truecritic?

i don't know how you conduct the rest of your personal life,  but in here,  and on this subject matter,  you just slid yourself into the gutter of life,  and your arrogant enough to think i won't highlight that fact.

congradulations on your acheievement.

and oh, by the way,  don't dream of a day where believers at LP won't enjoy the luxury of freely discussing how God and the lottery come out in the washing machine of life.

your not even close enough of a man to make that disappear

not while i am around

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

i will go you one far better,  and show you how a real man of integrity operates.

later tonight i will take that bet.....prove my case.....and never take a dime from you while doing it.

not only that,  i will perform a 2 for one deal,  by reminding the reading audience you totally wussed out of a sure $1000 because you can't back up nothing you attempt to sell as "true"

it was a slam dunk $1000 for you,  and your only response instead was to turn the tables around on me.

about the only thing "true" about your consistentcy abilities is your screename

anything else you would like to add to dig yourself a bigger hole ?

First of all, you never provided a link to the guy with the thousand bucks. Secondly, I already told you that there are a hundred or more things that contradict why there is nothing out there but space, and maybe some universal mass intelligence. But that means nothing to you. You're so hyped on proving the Detiy list wrong, that your foucing on the wrong thing.

Thirdly, You couldn't prove anything from the Bible because you've already tried that in the past and failed miserably.

Show me a link to that guy so I can see what an ass he's making of himself.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5595 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

In light of the recent discussions about the affect of prayer on the outcome of a lottery draw, I am curious to what the average person thinks. I am more interested in the vote outcome rather than the rationale behind the vote. But if there is a discussion, please try to keep it civil.

Thanks

Wow....

Looks like civility went right out the window! LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I'm still waiting for the link to the one thousand dollar guy.....All i hear is chirping....

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2011, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Hey Vision, if you'd like to educate yourself on how Christianity came from  Pagan sources, watch these vids in my blog. I only uploaded 3 videos, but if you do a search you'll see an ocean filled with FACTS concerning this.

http://www.lotterypost.com/blog/77162

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2011, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

I actually agree with you.  If a person wants to be a religious fanatic or a 100% atheist, that should be their own private business.

Any post with the words God, Jesus, prayers or other religious connotations should be deleted.  I don't want to read  "God luck" "God created the box bet" "I will keep you in my prayers" "I'm praying for a win" "need some prayers" "God bless America" "God bless them" "May God show love" "thank God I got my money the other day" "God Children" 

I didn't make those up, those are all phrases from actual posts here at LP found with a search.  When I did a search for atheist, only one page came up with 6 posts, nonetheless, keep God or lack of God to yourselves or in your blogs and stick with lottery, gambling and math in the forums.

"Any post with the words God, Jesus, prayers or other religious connotations should be deleted.  I don't want to read  "God luck" "God created the box bet" "I will keep you in my prayers" "I'm praying for a win" "need some prayers" "God bless America" "God bless them" "May God show love" "thank God I got my money the other day" "God Children"

Wow, those are some pretty strong demands.

It's very clear that you mean business and demand action.

Will you also be demanding a full refund of your membership dues if your demands are not met?

You know, the money you chip in to help keep the site up and running and the best on the internet?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2011, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Addai, please re-read my post that you quoted, in its entirety.  It wasn't directed to you.  It was directed to this post by rdgrnr, which indirectly is aimed at you, since you suggested moving religious discussion.  I agreed with your plan to move religious distractions.

I'll tell ya how far it goes.

They won't be happy until everybody is forced to wear a helmet while playing checkers.

When they think something is a good idea and want to do it, they want everybody else forced to do it.

And you can't talk sense to them because it's a genetic defect that short circuits common sense.

I'm offended!

Somebody do something about it!

Somebody enact a new law or make a new rule, quick!"

It was totally directed at you, true critic, not addai.

And you know it. Stop lying.

You can continue to wear a helmet while playing checkers if you so desire, true critic.

But you'll never make me do it.

Ever.

Hope to goodness gracious you're not offended.

--Edmund Burke

Canada
                Member #68663
                December 27, 2008
                260 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2011, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Wow....

Looks like civility went right out the window! LOL.

Yes it did. The problem is there are some members who pride themselves in providing ignorant and degrading responses. And worst yet, they think they are comedians.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 2, 2011, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Yes it did. The problem is there are some members who pride themselves in providing ignorant and degrading responses. And worst yet, they think they are comedians.

I'll have you know I was one of the primary benefactors for the Hockey Puck Cultural Center up there.

I couldn't be there for the dedication because a pack of wolverines made a nest in the luggage carousel at the airport and they'd snap at me every time I tried to grab my luggage when it came around.

--Edmund Burke

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                    light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: June 2, 2011, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I'm still waiting for the link to the one thousand dollar guy.....All i hear is chirping....

here it is,  and since YOU are the one that started this debate,  and paraded out your faux "savior's",  it's up to you to back it up.                                   

http://www.kingdavid8.com/Copycat/Challenge.html

after you address this,  then i will back up whatever you throw my way.

since i have had little run arounds with you,  whenever i give you what you come looking for,  your only methodology of "handling it"......... is NOT handling it.......and throwing up some smoke screen of what  i "need to do",  so you don't think you have to.

i kept my word, and here it is......now man up and handle what you serve up.

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2011, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

here it is,  and since YOU are the one that started this debate,  and paraded out your faux "savior's",  it's up to you to back it up.                                   

since i have had little run arounds with you,  whenever i give you what you come looking for,  your only methodology of "handling it"......... is NOT handling it.......and throwing up some smoke screen of what  i "need to do",  so you don't think you have to.

Ok, I read it, and it's laughable at best. His stipulations can only be met If God himself came down and proved it....lol

I'll tell you what, I'll send him the videos I uploded in my blog which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Christianity was derived out of a Pagan beliefs. If he doesn't feel it's good enough, then he's an idiot. The parrallels are undeniable.

If anything, you should watch the first video in the link. It clearly explains everything for you. But I know you won't watch it because you don't want to know the truth. That will shatter everything you've been indoctrinated with since you were a kid.

Facts don't lie....

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: June 2, 2011, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

This is too funny. This guy with the 1,000 bucks reminds me of the Daffy duck episode. Daffy buys house insurance I believe, and he gets hurt I think, so he wants to claim the money from the insurance agent, but after the agent shows up to Daffy's house, the agent lists the many stipulations needed for Daffy to claim his money. The disaster had to happen on an exact date, with a pack of elephants that had to run thru his livingroom on that special date, while it was snowing, and the list went on and on...lol

This guy doesn't want any wikipedia, or any scholars who even remotely are trying to prove the parrallels, and so on and so on. So I guess i have to spend countless months in a library that he thinks is neutral, and then make sure the info that I collect is also suitable for his stipulations.

Good grief, he needs to offer way more than a 1,000 bucks. I'd have to temporarily leave my job for a few months to get all that info. Travel from one Library to another in many states....Crazy

The pathetic part is that he demands all this proof, yet he has absolutely no problem whatsoever in believing an old outdated book full of scriblings, that was translated a few times called the Bible. He demands no proof from that book. No scrutinization there....hmmmmm...

I think that's called HYPOCRISY....

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                          North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
                          United States
                          Member #1436
                          April 28, 2003
                          628 Posts
                          Posted: June 2, 2011, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

I went to that website & read as much as i could before the blinding yellow pages gave me a headache. That man's not really interested in giving his money away & with everything he's demanding it would be worth way more than a $1000.00. All he is doing is like the majority of you folks on here are doing, looking for a fight, argument, superiorism, one uppance etc.... In the end, none of us are getting outta  here alive & when death comes to you then & only then will any of us know if our beliefs were right or wrong & the sad but funny part is we wont be able to come back & tell anyone "ha, ha, I told you so"  So if all you " know it alls "want to continue to outwit, outdo, & out-talk one another, thats your right,  have at it.  But this is my 1st & last contribution to this thread & i've only been a reader until now, & from this readers obersvation.... YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF SPOILED BRATS!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2011, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I went to that website & read as much as i could before the blinding yellow pages gave me a headache. That man's not really interested in giving his money away & with everything he's demanding it would be worth way more than a $1000.00. All he is doing is like the majority of you folks on here are doing, looking for a fight, argument, superiorism, one uppance etc.... In the end, none of us are getting outta  here alive & when death comes to you then & only then will any of us know if our beliefs were right or wrong & the sad but funny part is we wont be able to come back & tell anyone "ha, ha, I told you so"  So if all you " know it alls "want to continue to outwit, outdo, & out-talk one another, thats your right,  have at it.  But this is my 1st & last contribution to this thread & i've only been a reader until now, & from this readers obersvation.... YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF SPOILED BRATS!

Blinding yellow pages don't give me as much of a headache as people who write their entire life history IN ONE NEVER-ENDING PARAGRAPH!

--Edmund Burke

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                              North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
                              United States
                              Member #1436
                              April 28, 2003
                              628 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2011, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Blinding yellow pages don't give me as much of a headache as people who write their entire life history IN ONE NEVER-ENDING PARAGRAPH!

What took you so long to respond old man? So drunk you could'nt figure out which hand to use to move the whiskey jug from in front of the keyboard? I knew you had a smartarse comment in you, b/c thats exactly what you are. You dont like my paragraphs? Dont get your cousin wife to read em for ya. If i wanted any crap from you i'd squeeze your head. Be gone with you!!!!! Nutjob!!!

Page 7 of 15