Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega-millions settings and suggestions for Digit Master.

Topic closed. 380 replies. Last post 4 years ago by x1kosmic.

Page 3 of 26
PrintE-mailLink
frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
Los Angeles
United States
Member #75410
June 2, 2009
479 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2012, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

RL,

I really like your last post, that is very promissing and very encouraging to see that your software is getting better and better,

because of your incredible mind, after your done with it it look like you will all most no need of the pool members choices anymore !

Frenchie.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
    Park City, UT
    United States
    Member #69864
    January 18, 2009
    993 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2012, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Another thing to look for in groups is the longing running series group to play.  Right now group D has hit the last 2 draws and is the current longest running series group.

Buddy groups (2 groups that hit together) that are overdue are AC and BC.

Jimmy

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3962 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2012, 5:21 am - IP Logged

did

I was not paying attention and used my 5-39 by mistake, good catch.  The random strings I used do not

contain the CDGI which is not a problem for the program.  Just because the 4of4 does not exist in the one

of the strings does not mean that it won't be selected.  The final selection is 6 groups so there are 15 ways

to arrange the 6 into 4of4.   Putting into play 6 groups as described previously is like playing 15 groups of 4.

If the 4of4 is in one of these then the JP will be in the sets returned at this stage.  It's a bit hard to understand

how these lines are all processed but the end result will be the best that can be gotten without a crystal ball.

The pool member choices were very similar to the random strings but they were not as stable overall.  A couple

draws we had no members that matched the correct groups, a couple where  one member managed to hit them

all and one or two where two members matched them all.   This would be great but only if I knew which person

was going to match the groups that hit and each draw it would be a different member.  From this I concluded that

it was not worth everyone's time to ask them to work on there selections and send them to me.  I am not telling

people to stop working on the groups, It's just that I came up with a more efficient method that will do as good

or better in a fraction of the time.  Each person should continue to build their skills and we can always change to

another method if needed.  This approach will not always work but it should do very well overall and I am working

on a similar tool for the digits.   If I can get both to hit 50% of the time then one out of 4 draws we should have

all the groups and digits set correctly.  In that we are using 60% of the groups I would think 50% would be a low

estimate.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3962 Posts
        Posted: September 17, 2012, 5:47 am - IP Logged

RL,

I really like your last post, that is very promissing and very encouraging to see that your software is getting better and better,

because of your incredible mind, after your done with it it look like you will all most no need of the pool members choices anymore !

Frenchie.

Frenchie

We are just getting started and I hope that everyone is still trying to find something that will help out.

If each member can find their own niche and work out a way to predict a few values it will do nothing

but add to our success.  While digits and groups will cut the matrix into very small pieces, the big games

are going to require some filtering.   I have a very large vision for the pool and I hope to in the future

incorporate this into a business.  I would like this pool to go where no other pool has gone before.

We could build an Empire and if things go good for us then here's a list of a few of the things I would 

like to see.  A group insurance plan that is paid for by the returns.  When we win we don't want to loose

it do to a hospital stay.  Having a group plan it would save us all big bucks when we retire.  Since we are

scattered out all over the US and maybe overseas at some point we can start hitting some of the small JP

games when the JP's reach certain levels.  We might also take on euro millions and other like games.  I would

also like to start a port portfolio and maybe make a few investments as a group.  These are just a few of the

things we could do.  One big JP win could present us with the opportunity of a lifetime that not only would

make our lives richer but could be passed down for generations.   I don't want the goverment to decide how

my retirement will be handled I want a say in everything. 

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
          Member #128373
          May 22, 2012
          201 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2012, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Frenchie

We are just getting started and I hope that everyone is still trying to find something that will help out.

If each member can find their own niche and work out a way to predict a few values it will do nothing

but add to our success.  While digits and groups will cut the matrix into very small pieces, the big games

are going to require some filtering.   I have a very large vision for the pool and I hope to in the future

incorporate this into a business.  I would like this pool to go where no other pool has gone before.

We could build an Empire and if things go good for us then here's a list of a few of the things I would 

like to see.  A group insurance plan that is paid for by the returns.  When we win we don't want to loose

it do to a hospital stay.  Having a group plan it would save us all big bucks when we retire.  Since we are

scattered out all over the US and maybe overseas at some point we can start hitting some of the small JP

games when the JP's reach certain levels.  We might also take on euro millions and other like games.  I would

also like to start a port portfolio and maybe make a few investments as a group.  These are just a few of the

things we could do.  One big JP win could present us with the opportunity of a lifetime that not only would

make our lives richer but could be passed down for generations.   I don't want the goverment to decide how

my retirement will be handled I want a say in everything. 

RL

RL, what you said here sounds like a plan.  Believe me, if I had the time and the money to spare to do more lotto analysis, I'd join in.  Especially since I live in a non-lottery state (Alabama).

One question, however - I take it that digits and groups only can reduce your plays down to a reasonable amount in a 5/39 game (where it's 1 out of 575,757 if my math there is correct).  But for the big games (MM and PB), what filters do you use other the digits and groups filters?

The lottery is NOT a tax on the poor.  By calling it a tax, you are calling it mandatory, which is what taxes are.  But the lottery is NOT mandatory, therefore calling it a tax highly inaccurate.

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            3962 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

LP

Which ever ones that I think I can range correctly, I like ID, TB, DB, DO, DE, BB, NN ,BN, NB, SD, MD. 

It's not so much the filter per say it's more values that have hit in the last few games.  Each time

I adjust a filter I rerun the full wheel to see what effect it has on the sets returned.   It's possible

to set around 10 filters to single values and reduce sometimes to 1 line.  I don't recogmend this

type of play but a person on a very small budget might do well over time with it.  I have often

thought about trying 10 or 12 filters set to single values and just add the couple lines to the others

that I play.

RL

Park City, UT
              United States
              Member #69864
              January 18, 2009
              993 Posts
              Posted: September 18, 2012, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Very impressive RL.

I was initially leaning towards play Group A, Block Group B, Play Group C for next drawing.

Now I'm leaning back towards Play Group B, Play Group C.  I wonder if its more important to pay attention to how often the other values cycle thru their other values versus the absolute skip count for the paired groups.

I guess if I had no limit on money I would play the following

Play Group A, Block Group B, Play Group C, Play Group D
              Block Group A, Play Group B, Play Group C, Play Group D

Jimmy

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3962 Posts
                Posted: September 18, 2012, 4:26 am - IP Logged

Very impressive RL.

I was initially leaning towards play Group A, Block Group B, Play Group C for next drawing.

Now I'm leaning back towards Play Group B, Play Group C.  I wonder if its more important to pay attention to how often the other values cycle thru their other values versus the absolute skip count for the paired groups.

I guess if I had no limit on money I would play the following

Play Group A, Block Group B, Play Group C, Play Group D
                Block Group A, Play Group B, Play Group C, Play Group D

Jimmy

JW

I am still in the process of trying to pin the tail on the donkey so to speak, I guess it's true that you have 

to kiss a lot of toads, LOL.   MM moves around much differently than my 5-39 but I am going to learn the

dance steps and when I do then Watch out.  We can do this I am certain but we need to expect a few bumps

along the way.  I am still tinkering with the code for the newest tools and hope to make some good process

today.  I hope to be ready to take a shot at fridays draw.  I will try and get a video or two made to show how

to use some of the new options and the pairs D & G are best used as a tool to cross-check your selections.

RL

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  3962 Posts
                  Posted: September 18, 2012, 6:07 am - IP Logged

For MegaMillions group 10 for the most part is 0 so if you tossed it instead of treating it as an equal partner then for TG=4 there would be only 126 versus 251 unique settings.  You could not make this leap for Powerball.

I'm looking for a MegaMillions draw in the near future to have digit 2 hit exactly twice and digit 5 to hit exactly twice.  Also digit 7 seems overly sparse in the last 2 months so I would probably play it with the 2 and 5 as a single hitter with digit 9.

So I would play the following Digit settings for next few draws in MM

Digit 1: 2/2 or you could play this ranged what happens in the next draw would determine how I go with this one.
                  Digit 2: 2/2
                  Digit 3: ranged
                  Digit 4: ranged
                  Digit 5: 2/2
                  Digit 6: 0/0
                  Digit 7: 1/1
                  Digit 8: 0/0
                  Digit 9: 1/1
                  Digit 0: 0/0

Jimmy

JW

The above settings would be a little to tight for me, digit 7 has been limping around like a two legged dog

and I would not base a whole setup on that one digit.  I like to wait until a digit or group starts performing

at a more consistent level before I would lock it in.  Setting it to 0/1 would still cover it while allowing it the

possibility of another miss.   Not saying it will not show just would not put more on it then I have to.  Digits

6-7-8-9-0 will most of the time show only once so I would set the most expected to maybe 0/1 or 1/2 and

maybe only a couple to 0/0.  If once I have the digit and groups set then I will make a trial run then if needed

I will get a little stricter on the ranges.  Below are three pics showing how I would start and then make a few

more adjustments trying to reach what I would call an acceptable amount to start filtering for the big games.

Notice in the first pic I use all the digits ranged to some values.  Next I blocked two digits by setting them to

0/0.  and the third pic I blocked one more group.  Here is where I would decide if it's a good idea to play.  If

everything that I have set at this stage feels good, meaning that I have not done anything out of my confort

zone then I would start applying filters.  This sort of setup for my 5-39 would put me in the one to 3 hundred

line range which is the level where I can very often trap the 5of5.  I will from this point look for the filters that

I feel very strongly about and then set them one at a time and make a test run to see the effect. 

step-2

step-3

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3962 Posts
                    Posted: September 18, 2012, 6:36 am - IP Logged

Hi All

Notice that in the setups above that I ended with 2159 sets in the temp file with 28 4of5's.  This gives a ratio

of one 4of5 for every 77 lines.  We also have 163 lines that matched 3of5 or a ratio of 1 in 13.  This is why I say

to focus on the digits and groups as the primary filters.  This type of setup is not  that hard to do, just don't 

expect to do it every time.  When I first released the old DM program a couple years ago I told the users to work

on setups that produced the 5of5 in around 1000 lines.  Once they got where they could do this on a regular bases

I told them to try to do it on 500 lines.  With the big games I would say to try for or 10,000 first and then work for

half that.  If you can reach the 2,500 level then you have a good chance of hitting the 5of5's several times a year.

I am always looking for ways to reduce the final steps and each game will require a little different approach. 

RL

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3962 Posts
                      Posted: September 18, 2012, 7:13 am - IP Logged

Hi all

New DM version / update is now ready for download. link on page 1 of this thread

Just wanted to let everyone know that the latest version is now ready for download,  This new version

has a few extra tools and is the same as the pool members are using.  The RAC option had an error and

I am not sure when or how the error occured but those that use it should download the newest version. 

The var-3 in the RAC control panel was not being calculated correctly which greatly reduced it's effectiveness

at trapping the better prizes.  I am unsure how the code got changed but think it was the 64 bit editor

at fault when doing a copy and paste.  Uninstall older versions first and do a fresh install.  The RLP option

has been added back in with a few improvements.   I released it to the pool members first and a few testers

and think it's ready.   Use the link on the first page to download.  This will most likely be the final release to

the general public.

RL

Ramijami's avatar - wired shell.jpg
                        Cape Town
                        South Africa
                        Member #66343
                        October 23, 2008
                        115 Posts
                        Posted: September 18, 2012, 8:24 am - IP Logged

Hi RL,

Have been doing something similar to what you are doing with the groups, but since I play 5/45 and 6/49 I've looked at the right digit, and using 7 per set rather than 6 (as a starting point). Using 7/10 there are a total of 120 sets, and I have narrowed it down to the following 18 which give good results (for both 5 and 6 number games):

1,  2,  3,  4,  5,  7,  9
                        1,  2,  3,  5,  7,  9, 10
                        1,  2,  4,  5,  6,  8,  9
                        1,  2,  4,  5,  6,  8, 10
                        1,  2,  4,  5,  7,  8,  9
                        1,  2,  4,  5,  7,  8, 10
                        1,  2,  4,  6,  8,  9, 10
                        1,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7,  9
                        1,  3,  4,  5,  7,  8, 10
                        1,  3,  4,  6,  7,  9, 10
                        1,  3,  5,  6,  7,  9, 10
                        1,  3,  5,  7,  8,  9, 10
                        2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  8, 10
                        2,  3,  4,  6,  7,  9, 10
                        2,  3,  5,  6,  7,  9, 10
                        2,  3,  5,  6,  8,  9, 10
                        2,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8, 10
                        2,  4,  6,  7,  8,  9, 10

You can exchange the numbers with the group letters (1=A, 2=B) etc. and see if this works at all. Can't really test it with groups for my games as the software is not set up for 5/45, 6/49 but seems to work with right digits. The following 8 sets (further reduced from the 18 above) hits about 6-8 out of 10 times:

1,  2,  4,  5,  6,  8,  9
                        1,  2,  4,  5,  7,  8,  9
                        1,  2,  4,  5,  7,  8, 10
                        1,  3,  4,  5,  7,  8, 10
                        1,  3,  4,  6,  7,  9, 10
                        2,  3,  4,  6,  7,  9, 10
                        2,  3,  5,  6,  7,  9, 10
                        2,  3,  5,  6,  8,  9, 10

Have 18 sets of 6 as well somewhere, and will post it if I find it and you think it might be useful.

Ramijami

Park City, UT
                          United States
                          Member #69864
                          January 18, 2009
                          993 Posts
                          Posted: September 18, 2012, 10:33 am - IP Logged

RL I agree that my digit setup was extreme but I do believe that in the next few draws you will see a draw with digit 2 hitting exactly twice along with digit 5 hitting exactly twice those are my main picks.

Jimmy

Park City, UT
                            United States
                            Member #69864
                            January 18, 2009
                            993 Posts
                            Posted: September 18, 2012, 10:56 am - IP Logged

The following is my strict setup which leaves 83 lines.

The following is my loose setup which leaves 9354 lines, which I would use RSG to play a few lines.

Jimmy

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3962 Posts
                              Posted: September 18, 2012, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Hi Guys

I think I am going to play tonight but will be doing things a little different for the setup.  All the data looks good

so I think I will try it.  I will keep working down to the wire so the tickets may not be sent out until close to the

draw time.  I will post again and let everyone know before the draw if we played or not.  I will try to keep the

tickets around 30 to 40.

RL

Page 3 of 26