Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Systems Forum just based on real stats and facts!

Topic closed. 378 replies. Last post 2 years ago by WIN D.

Page 12 of 26
PrintE-mailLink

How about a new Systems forum based on just "facts"

Yes [ 107 ]  [81.06%]
No [ 16 ]  [12.12%]
VooDoo,dreams, reading entrials [ 4 ]  [3.03%]
Feelings [ 5 ]  [3.79%]
Total Valid Votes [ 132 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
lakerben's avatar - spherewall
New Mexico
United States
Member #86099
January 29, 2010
11114 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2014, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

IMvHO 

The80% of the voters really want a (fact based forum) of their own. A place to go where they can depend on a certain kind of focus being there.

Then .....there are the 12 that don't. Fine.

Then there is 1 or 2  that don't want it for themselves ......and don't want anyone else to have it as well. Why? 

One of them... in particular always shows up to repeatedly clash his opinion sideways....... trying to prevent it. Why? Just because he says he doesn't believe in all that ODDS and stuff.  What?   

One or two others take their polite turns about it. They state their views then vote ....and leave. Some never leave. 

It's pretty simple , 80% said they want something apart ......that leans more toward afact based forum....... and 1 or 2 want to fight it to the death for their own jealous protection....and still keep clashing into what many members want to enjoy.

They can keep the Systems forum as it is. Fine.  Post 30 or even 40 systems in a row if they want. Good for every state.  What ever.

No Pity!

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
    Stone Mountain*Georgia
    United States
    Member #828
    November 2, 2002
    10491 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2014, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

lakerben... We have made a real effort to ask you politely to stop this......  Politely didn't work in the past on several of my other post....and the last several times either. You have followed me around and a chopped at several older post .....and a couple of other members as well. In spite of request.  I am at a loss dealing with this kind of problem from an adult. 

I've tried to handle it with humor in the beginning. Then... you abused all thoughts at good humor and patience by acting out like this too much.

You have perplexed any attempts to get you to stop this kind stuff ....this harassment.  I'll tell you one thing.....you have confirmed everything about yourself here.

We're sorry you feel you have to deal with your problems this way. Really, this kind of acting out won't help those other problems. This is just a game we all play and if you feel put upon by anything written about in a generic way about current things that that go on ......that wasn't the point trying to be polled about.  As far as your type of METHODS (in the beginning anyway)......I regret not being more clear.....that the focus of the post was on doing something new for members  ..... not old stuff.       

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2014, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Let's assume folks playing digit games are knowledgeable about normal distribution with all its parameters, can the outcome of random event  be predicted? I am trying to understand the intent of this thread, I get the sense of one side advocating for system based on 'Facts', but yet to  give example of such system other than stating parametric percentiles( odds for singles, number repeating, years for str hit for p3,p4  ....etc). Is prediction for random events exact science? if yes, then this thread should be in the math forum, where facts are paramount . I will like to see  a system build on the fact that ; ' there is a digit returns 70%  on successive draw or  40 %  draws are doubles.....etc, the percentages are facts, right?, then lets build a system based on such facts.

'After watching years worth of drawings, they get the idea that adding "1" to the first digit (or any of the digits) can't possibly always produce the next drawn digit so they subtract "1" or any number of different things and call it a system'.

What I deduced from the above is, ' whatever system out there is bound to fail' (factual system may fare well , I guess) from historical  approach (Years worth of drawings........). If we're really into facts, then concepts like linear regression, chaos theory, extrapolation of data,data-scaling....  etc are mathematical tools that should be discussed for a factual system. I will be intimidated if someone tells me  a selected pick 4 set will take 27 years to hit, sure is a fact based on total distribution, but don't disregard the nuances(prediction is not exact science).

Systems> 70%  digit return,  50% of draws are distinct, 48% of doubles, digit sum range 13-18  etc are examples of systems that could be coded.

"Let's assume folks playing digit games are knowledgeable about normal distribution with all its parameters, can the outcome of random event  be predicted?"
      https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1736396

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2014, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Let's assume folks playing digit games are knowledgeable about normal distribution with all its parameters, can the outcome of random event  be predicted? I am trying to understand the intent of this thread, I get the sense of one side advocating for system based on 'Facts', but yet to  give example of such system other than stating parametric percentiles( odds for singles, number repeating, years for str hit for p3,p4  ....etc). Is prediction for random events exact science? if yes, then this thread should be in the math forum, where facts are paramount . I will like to see  a system build on the fact that ; ' there is a digit returns 70%  on successive draw or  40 %  draws are doubles.....etc, the percentages are facts, right?, then lets build a system based on such facts.

'After watching years worth of drawings, they get the idea that adding "1" to the first digit (or any of the digits) can't possibly always produce the next drawn digit so they subtract "1" or any number of different things and call it a system'.

What I deduced from the above is, ' whatever system out there is bound to fail' (factual system may fare well , I guess) from historical  approach (Years worth of drawings........). If we're really into facts, then concepts like linear regression, chaos theory, extrapolation of data,data-scaling....  etc are mathematical tools that should be discussed for a factual system. I will be intimidated if someone tells me  a selected pick 4 set will take 27 years to hit, sure is a fact based on total distribution, but don't disregard the nuances(prediction is not exact science).

Systems> 70%  digit return,  50% of draws are distinct, 48% of doubles, digit sum range 13-18  etc are examples of systems that could be coded.

Currently this Forum is being overrun by predictors pretending they're using a system and start multiple state threads with their predictions. When three or four different members start state exclusive actual system discussion threads end up on page 2.

"What I deduced from the above is, ' whatever system out there is bound to fail' (factual system may fare well , I guess) from historical  approach (Years worth of drawings........). "

If I ask for a pick-3 QP I'll get a random three digit number good for the next drawing. For the drawing after that I can continue to play the QP number, get another QP, or find another method. IMO, doing nothing other than adding 153 to the previous drawn number is about the same as purchasing a random QP. Without some sort of statistical data showing that method is better than a QP, it can't be a system.

How a system is defined is not the problem; starting a new thread for each state lottery game is.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7295 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2014, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

SOme of the systems are pen and pencil and others can be modified or put in excel in a few minutes.  I've gone back to page 200 on the sytems and read many great older posts and systems.  The info is here to use.

"The info is here to use."

Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing something to the previous number is the same as buying a QP and has the same odds of winning. Do you have any info showing where your methods produce more winners than QPs?

United States
            Member #116344
            September 8, 2011
            3919 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2014, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

"Let's assume folks playing digit games are knowledgeable about normal distribution with all its parameters, can the outcome of random event  be predicted?"
            https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1736396

I have already read that thread, especially the statistics significance of  total distribution for varie parameters. These  are known facts without dispute, don't you see the irony of RANDOMNESS in Analytical (Rational) correlation?  The event  is random, hence analytical approach will always fall short, my approach is more philosophical- definitions of concepts like, statistics, randomness, confidence interval, all  devoid of mathematics, philosophy pre-dates all disciplines and I think  is  less stressful approach(my opinion). Do you plan on coding the  statistical percentiles of this distribution into a  system?.

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2014, 1:16 am - IP Logged

I have already read that thread, especially the statistics significance of  total distribution for varie parameters. These  are known facts without dispute, don't you see the irony of RANDOMNESS in Analytical (Rational) correlation?  The event  is random, hence analytical approach will always fall short, my approach is more philosophical- definitions of concepts like, statistics, randomness, confidence interval, all  devoid of mathematics, philosophy pre-dates all disciplines and I think  is  less stressful approach(my opinion). Do you plan on coding the  statistical percentiles of this distribution into a  system?.

Your approach sounds like it would fit better in the Mystical Forum.
              "Do you plan on coding the  statistical percentiles of this distribution into a  system?"
              My Signature below should answer your question.

United States
                Member #116344
                September 8, 2011
                3919 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2014, 1:29 am - IP Logged

"Do you plan on coding the  statistical percentiles of this distribution into a  system?"

I 'll not call my approach a system, but purely on assumptions, with positive outcome  most of the time.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                  Stone Mountain*Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #828
                  November 2, 2002
                  10491 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2014, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

I 'll not call my approach a system, but purely on assumptions, with positive outcome  most of the time.

Then most would say you're right not calling it a System if it's based on your assumptions only. Good call.....but some don't.

Well, perhaps they do know .....and just insist on calling it something else so they can do what they want ...where they want.

Actually, you're closer. Closer reasoning....and more reasonable too. By a long shot.

At least your post are thought out and purposeful ....they're not flagrant anyway.  LOL   

Win d    

United States
                    Member #116344
                    September 8, 2011
                    3919 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2014, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

This is kinda' off subject here but someone has misquoted something. 

For many years I have attempted to improve my game play chances....both Pick 4 and 3.  I perfer the pick 3 . Why ?

My short elevator speech about it is this ......when I'm talking to non players .....

Pick 3 has 1000 numbers to guess at...... Pick 4 has 10,000 ! 

At this point I always say ......it takes 2.7 years for a pick 3 game to make at least ONE CYCLE of a thousand draws ...so your favorite number is not even late for at least 2.7 years!

Then I say....if you played your favorite number in Pick 4...... it' not even late for 27 years !! Because that's 10,000 days to Cycle at least one time! You could in all probability..... be waiting for your "Pet NUMBER" to show up for27 YEARS .....or longer!! 

Now..... IF you are a player and we have longer to discuss it on paper .......in a "safe" forum where we don't get pushed off the page after 3 minutes. LOL

These are some more serious facts about this. Not all numbers will be drawn in either a 1000...or even 10,000 draw opportunities. That's just one cycle for each number to have an equal shot at being drawn.

More specifically:     

1. There are approx....387 straight combos or straights  in the last 500 draws..... at any given moment point of time .....or span in a lottery's data history. 387/500     =     77.4%.

2. There are about .......494 straights combo's...... in the last 692 draws. 494 /692 = 71.4%. 

3. There are about  ........629 straights.... in the last1000 draws. 629/ 1000 =        62.9%. 

4. There are about 772 str. combo's in the last 1500 draws. 772/1500 =  51.5%. 

6.  There are about 850 str. numbers in the last 2000 draws. 850/2000 =    42.5%.

the Best Spot...... to improve your Hits...... are to  Play 85% of the outcomes.....to realize about a hit rate of 9 out of 10. 

6. There are about 950 str combos in the last  3000 draws.    950/3000 = 31.7%. 

Hitting all the straight combos that are possible in  a SET NUMBER of Draws is impossible in our little lottery games. 

It actually could be possible but so remote not to be considered........Odds or Probability wise.  Thumbs Up

Wind, can you breakdown the above  percentiles  for P3 , P4, assuming the pool size is   0 through 7.

Thanks

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2014, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

A little fact

If you play one pick 3 combination straight for 500 drawings, this should give you a 50% chance to win 500.

How do you feel about this?

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7295 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2014, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

This system should get your seal of approval.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7295 Posts
                          Posted: August 13, 2014, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

lakerben... We have made a real effort to ask you politely to stop this......  Politely didn't work in the past on several of my other post....and the last several times either. You have followed me around and a chopped at several older post .....and a couple of other members as well. In spite of request.  I am at a loss dealing with this kind of problem from an adult. 

I've tried to handle it with humor in the beginning. Then... you abused all thoughts at good humor and patience by acting out like this too much.

You have perplexed any attempts to get you to stop this kind stuff ....this harassment.  I'll tell you one thing.....you have confirmed everything about yourself here.

We're sorry you feel you have to deal with your problems this way. Really, this kind of acting out won't help those other problems. This is just a game we all play and if you feel put upon by anything written about in a generic way about current things that that go on ......that wasn't the point trying to be polled about.  As far as your type of METHODS (in the beginning anyway)......I regret not being more clear.....that the focus of the post was on doing something new for members  ..... not old stuff.       

Sort of ironic that your request to either create a true systems forum or at least police this one keeps ending up on page 2.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                            Stone Mountain*Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #828
                            November 2, 2002
                            10491 Posts
                            Posted: August 16, 2014, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Sort of ironic that your request to either create a true systems forum or at least police this one keeps ending up on page 2.

LOL......... Yes that is funny Stack. How old post always boomerang back for months and months. Infinitely!   

I call it ...."Putting out the Cat each Night "   LOL 

First you post something.......  about nothing ....... or Anything about Anything you want. 

Then, when you see it falling down the page and about to go around the bend .....You get busy fast!  LOL

YOU go around and gather up all of your "OLD" systems posts and stick them all together and make short, inane comments on each one.

Now then......they are all at the top of the page again each day. Tah Dah !   Do this each and every night or even though out the day. There... you're on top again.

Stick 10 or more of these in a bigclump of your own post ......and you have successfully pushed almost everyone else off the page.....never to be seen again!   

Sure, always answer or post on top of your own post. Do it over and over again each night........just like "Putting out the CAT" 

It's great. Just do it over and over for weeks or months at a time. Why not? Nothing to stop them. 

You can keep 5, 6, or even 8 or 9 or more of your post going at the same time. Just like juggling those plates on a stick.

Sure, they are great and all of them work. Because you are ...... always there. 

If no one else answers your post...?     You've alway got yourself! LOL 

Wow ...wtg ............... Me !   

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                              Stone Mountain*Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #828
                              November 2, 2002
                              10491 Posts
                              Posted: August 16, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

LOL......... Yes that is funny Stack. How old post always boomerang back for months and months. Infinitely!   

I call it ...."Putting out the Cat each Night "   LOL 

First you post something.......  about nothing ....... or Anything about Anything you want. 

Then, when you see it falling down the page and about to go around the bend .....You get busy fast!  LOL

YOU go around and gather up all of your "OLD" systems posts and stick them all together and make short, inane comments on each one.

Now then......they are all at the top of the page again each day. Tah Dah !   Do this each and every night or even though out the day. There... you're on top again.

Stick 10 or more of these in a bigclump of your own post ......and you have successfully pushed almost everyone else off the page.....never to be seen again!   

Sure, always answer or post on top of your own post. Do it over and over again each night........just like "Putting out the CAT" 

It's great. Just do it over and over for weeks or months at a time. Why not? Nothing to stop them. 

You can keep 5, 6, or even 8 or 9 or more of your post going at the same time. Just like juggling those plates on a stick.

Sure, they are great and all of them work. Because you are ...... always there. 

If no one else answers your post...?     You've alway got yourself! LOL 

Wow ...wtg ............... Me !   

..........or you can go all around the forum .......and post short WTG's on all of your buddies post. That pushs everything down too.  LIKE RIGHT NOW !   LOL

Help we're falling ......and we can't get up.

Actually we are being posted into the ground by " Drive by Posters"   LOL      Help !   

Seriously, gave it my best shot.  I give up.

Like John Wayne said ......

" We don't have that base camp anymore .....those people have over run it.  Bomb the hell out of it ! 

Win d    

Page 12 of 26