Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 2:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Systems Forum just based on real stats and facts!

Topic closed. 378 replies. Last post 2 years ago by WIN D.

Page 26 of 26
PrintE-mailLink

How about a new Systems forum based on just "facts"

Yes [ 107 ]  [81.06%]
No [ 16 ]  [12.12%]
VooDoo,dreams, reading entrials [ 4 ]  [3.03%]
Feelings [ 5 ]  [3.79%]
Total Valid Votes [ 132 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1834 Posts
Posted: October 11, 2014, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

So funny when you notice ...if you toss out a verygeneric word in sort of a general way like......  "nincompoop" you can actually offend several people. 

You have to admit...it's a pretty silly willy sounding term really. Even then ....it's funny when certain ones actually rise up in a huff ......and actually self identify themselves by doing so.  LOL 

Cracks me up when the nincompoop's are the only ones that  become offended.  LOL 

Now, before anyone can say anything .... I will  have you know my Mother was a nincompoopLOL

Nincompoop, the variants nicompoop, nickumpoop, nor the latin non compos mentis were included in the standard edition of the fisher-price brain.

It would seem such words lead to a compulsion for use.....much like the the 5 year old who, learning his first 'dirty' word goes off, alone, to say it aloud; ONLY after looking around to assure himself no one will hear. Later, he appears for a snack, smiling, satisfied he has gotten away with saying a 'dirty' word.

Nincompoop is a word children grow fond of, much like one of the 12 picture words on the dial, and will spend countless hours trying to master.

Many a nincompoop were made so when a parent awakened in the middle of the night hearing, 'ribbit,' 'ribbit,' 'ribbit,' coming from their child's room.

And after listening to 'ribbit' for two hours on a work night, most parents are considered non compos mentis.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
    Stone Mountain*Georgia
    United States
    Member #828
    November 2, 2002
    10491 Posts
    Posted: October 11, 2014, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

WIN D

I guess it depends on who's using it and the intent.  I wonder if it's a genetic trait.

RL

......  nincompoop!     

Nincompoops ! 

Funny no matter who says it !  Silly ...funny word.  
          I think I am nincompoops!

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23351 Posts
      Posted: October 11, 2014, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

So funny when you notice ...if you toss out a verygeneric word in sort of a general way like......  "nincompoop" you can actually offend several people. 

You have to admit...it's a pretty silly willy sounding term really. Even then ....it's funny when certain ones actually rise up in a huff ......and actually self identify themselves by doing so.  LOL 

Cracks me up when the nincompoop's are the only ones that  become offended.  LOL 

Now, before anyone can say anything .... I will  have you know my Mother was a nincompoopLOL

See, I'm not the type to dismiss passive-aggressive messages like yours.  I recognize it plainly, and I am not swayed by the fact that you insert some "out" clauses like saying you know someone else who you labeled me like. 

Needless to say, I am offended by Jimmy's nasty message indicating that any members here are "nincompoops".  I don't care who he was referring to.

Win D, I thought you and I had reached some kind of understanding, even though I totally understand that you have no love for me or the way I run this site.  There are some people who find your posts helpful, so I do my best to placate you and bite my tongue when reading your posts.  You may think that I do not grasp your "subtle" digs, but I do.  I just keep silent about it, for the sake of the site.

I would suggest that moving forward it is best to avoid the digs and exercise restraint yourself.  Jimmy I can deal with because he just loathes everyone, but your digs, which you apparently think are flying beneath the radar, are much more pointed.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: October 11, 2014, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

See, I'm not the type to dismiss passive-aggressive messages like yours.  I recognize it plainly, and I am not swayed by the fact that you insert some "out" clauses like saying you know someone else who you labeled me like. 

Needless to say, I am offended by Jimmy's nasty message indicating that any members here are "nincompoops".  I don't care who he was referring to.

Win D, I thought you and I had reached some kind of understanding, even though I totally understand that you have no love for me or the way I run this site.  There are some people who find your posts helpful, so I do my best to placate you and bite my tongue when reading your posts.  You may think that I do not grasp your "subtle" digs, but I do.  I just keep silent about it, for the sake of the site.

I would suggest that moving forward it is best to avoid the digs and exercise restraint yourself.  Jimmy I can deal with because he just loathes everyone, but your digs, which you apparently think are flying beneath the radar, are much more pointed.

That's really unfortunate because that's way off.   

When Jimmy first used the word nincompoop ....only one person popped in my head here at LP. That guy was jamming his way in here trolling on my post in the beginning. He ended up trolling about 25 times non stop on here....and trying to disrupt everyone's vote.   He is not here now but off building something somewhere else and not using any math either. LOL   Subtle hint.

Plus, I'm not dumb enough to hit a cop. LOL   At least not in front of witnesses. LOL 

A lot of those post up there were attempts to water down what looked like gang attacks on Jimmy and do it with some stupid humor. Feeling like it was my chop to  slowly turn my post back to more normal things like lottery. 

Also, some of the drive by posters on here think my name is Jimmy and want to jump me as well. LOL  Jimmy is the one with tomatoes all over his shirt. 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Page 26 of 26