Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Systems Forum just based on real stats and facts!

Topic closed. 378 replies. Last post 2 years ago by WIN D.

Page 15 of 26
PrintE-mailLink

How about a new Systems forum based on just "facts"

Yes [ 107 ]  [81.06%]
No [ 16 ]  [12.12%]
VooDoo,dreams, reading entrials [ 4 ]  [3.03%]
Feelings [ 5 ]  [3.79%]
Total Valid Votes [ 132 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
kreative1's avatar - flower2
NE PA
United States
Member #127838
May 10, 2012
1230 Posts
Posted: September 22, 2014, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

I'm so ready for the Lottety Post convention.  It will be nice to meet you all.

Green laugh

you need a sense of humor when it comes to the internet

This happens in real life too..at a job x amount of years and you think you can run it better then the boss.
I had my own business and it isn't all gravy...a lot of lumps lol

Some can start their own forum but in a weird way they also enjoy the drama, it really isn't all the great when everyone's in agreementSleepy

Krypton
    United States
    Member #140102
    March 11, 2013
    891 Posts
    Posted: September 22, 2014, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

You have a selective memory of what things were like in the past.  And there is no crowding here, only bullying coming from people who can't resist the urge to call people names and demean their ideas, just because they don't agree with them.

I Agree!

Ive ve seen it too many times on here. I bite my tongue almost 100% of the time The LOA will never work for those yet they wonder why they never win. As for me, I like $$$ and I like people Were supposed to be helping each other. Now don't get me wrong I gave met QUITE A FEW wonderful folks on this board that have been extremely helpful so I'm talking about the majority (-:

and im not talking about you Win (-:   Or perhaps I am when I say wonderful folks lol

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: September 22, 2014, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Ah,..... looks like....."No Soup for me!"  LOL   ...or any of the other 89 or 90 favorable members who voted yes+positive. Oh, well.

Wish we could have had some earlier feedback before now.... before all the votes....back in May. Since the result was going to be the same regardless.

.....and lakerben you are so funny. Have your lawyers call my lawyers about that "slander thing" you tossed out.

........and I openly admit to besmirching the good name of lakerben. What ever that is.  ....as a closet Commie against all things math and Odds.  Be gentle....  LOL     

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: September 23, 2014, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Because I posted the original poll question here, and the one doing the opening... I would really like to see the post closed down now. Something I wanted to request months ago.

Notice that first page here again.The question was actually an attempt at a humorous poll question. However clumsy an attempt it was...it did not mention any specific names or methods.....unless they actually thought of themselves as.... "Weird".  LOL 

In fact, who knew that by using stupid plain "Generic"words...       and purposely outlandish things.... like Voodoo, Racoons, and Wierd Systems ....would cause someone... or anyone to actually become insulted! How could that happen?  Now that seemed funny at first. Why would anyone want to cop to anything like that? 

Racoon Entrails.....really?  That's silly and so out there it couldn't offend anyone right? But..it did.   

Trying to be silly enough in the opening post questions  ...so as not to offend even thewildest methods out there. That was the idea

Surprise!  In fact now I truely believe ...that if I stood up and accused someone in a crowd of passing gas... at least 2 or 3 random types would say I was picking on them.  LOL 

By the way... I have never visited or posted on any of these offended parties posts at all. That's right, my post is where this always happens.  All of these disruption post have always been on my post...not theirs. Ever. You try to handle with humor at first....then not so much.

Good Luck

Win d    

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7313 Posts
          Posted: September 23, 2014, 2:21 am - IP Logged

Ah,..... looks like....."No Soup for me!"  LOL   ...or any of the other 89 or 90 favorable members who voted yes+positive. Oh, well.

Wish we could have had some earlier feedback before now.... before all the votes....back in May. Since the result was going to be the same regardless.

.....and lakerben you are so funny. Have your lawyers call my lawyers about that "slander thing" you tossed out.

........and I openly admit to besmirching the good name of lakerben. What ever that is.  ....as a closet Commie against all things math and Odds.  Be gentle....  LOL     

I thought you were just trying to make a simple point that's it's not necessary to start a new thread for each state with their predictions system results in the Systems Forum. More of the pick-3 and pick-4 predictors will use this Forum and it's only a matter of time. It won't stop the math and logic people from forming ideas on how to play the games better; we'll just see them less often.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #2218
            September 1, 2003
            5387 Posts
            Posted: September 23, 2014, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Maybe we should have a new systems forum based on unreliable facts.

90% have spoken and approved.  Wouldn't this be enough to warrant a new systems thread?

It was worth the try Chaz.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3972 Posts
              Posted: September 23, 2014, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Todd, it would be impossible to moderate such a forum and I think we already have a place for such

ideas, "mathematics forum."   Systems can take years to develop and even longer to fully test.  It's very easy to

overlook something or assume all the math is correct.   If the system is not mathematical then it's hard to define

it as anything but a suggestion.  Short term patterns may seem systematic but I have yet to see one that holds

true over time. 

Many years ago a LP member posted a fixed set of numbers to play and I tested  the list and was able to find my

own list which produced better so I ignored the post.  Not more than two or three days later his list produced all

5 winning numbers for my state P-5 game.   Coincidence, maybe, but had I not been so willing to write off his list

I would have won the jackpot.   I personally would like to see a [Troll Eject Button] that the original creator of the

thread could use. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2014, 10:17 am - IP Logged

What do  91 favorable voting people look like ?

Win d    

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23267 Posts
                  Posted: September 24, 2014, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Actually, 91 people looks more like the number represented in the red circle. Because out of 159,400 registered members, it is an extremely small number.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: September 24, 2014, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Oh...... well

Was lookin' for a picture of 14 somewhere to see what that looks like.  LOL 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                      Stone Mountain*Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #828
                      November 2, 2002
                      10491 Posts
                      Posted: September 24, 2014, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Actually, being serious, I agree with Todd. Polls are just a general representation of the general population. If I had done a better job framing the poll question perhaps more members would have voted.  Sadly, now,.... the desire for some sort of differently specialized forum has passed by .....and without more member participation because of that.   

Win d    

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7313 Posts
                        Posted: September 24, 2014, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Todd, it would be impossible to moderate such a forum and I think we already have a place for such

ideas, "mathematics forum."   Systems can take years to develop and even longer to fully test.  It's very easy to

overlook something or assume all the math is correct.   If the system is not mathematical then it's hard to define

it as anything but a suggestion.  Short term patterns may seem systematic but I have yet to see one that holds

true over time. 

Many years ago a LP member posted a fixed set of numbers to play and I tested  the list and was able to find my

own list which produced better so I ignored the post.  Not more than two or three days later his list produced all

5 winning numbers for my state P-5 game.   Coincidence, maybe, but had I not been so willing to write off his list

I would have won the jackpot.   I personally would like to see a [Troll Eject Button] that the original creator of the

thread could use. 

RL

Wind D asked for a New Systems Forum just based on real stats and facts!  which is somewhat different from the current Systems Forum designed to Discuss systems for predicting lottery numbers.

It's not as simple as agreeing, disagreeing, or moderation; it's about how many threads does one person need to discuss their systems for predicting lottery numbers. There are members who posted in the Pick 3 Forum this morning and their post is already back to Page 3 because of the large number of threads and posts. Because of the large number of pick 3 games, it's obvious that will be the Forum with the most traffic and we should expect to see more prediction type threads in this Forum once people figure out their predictions will more likely viewed in this Forum.

There is a topic about creating a "Systems Folder" and a member suggested placing them in a blog so they won't get lost "dropping out of view over the horizon ". The logical question to ask is should one thread  with a large number of systems be in a blog or should basically the same systems that a few members put into several threads be in blogs? 

IMO, they should be congratulated for moving their several threads predictions to a Forum where the posts are more likely seen. Ignoring their prediction statistics won't be necessary because they have none. I suppose someone could suggest they limit the number of state specific prediction threads, but they already know that.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          3972 Posts
                          Posted: September 24, 2014, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Stack47

If we had a sub-system forum for real systems then who would decide which qualify for inclusion.  I suspect

such a folder would get populated very quickly with one off systems and we would end up needing another

sub folder for the sub-folder........   I think Todd puts serious thought into request and while some things might

seem like a nice addition it would not work out in the long run.   

Just my 2-cents.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23267 Posts
                            Posted: September 25, 2014, 7:59 am - IP Logged

Stack47

If we had a sub-system forum for real systems then who would decide which qualify for inclusion.  I suspect

such a folder would get populated very quickly with one off systems and we would end up needing another

sub folder for the sub-folder........   I think Todd puts serious thought into request and while some things might

seem like a nice addition it would not work out in the long run.   

Just my 2-cents.

RL

Yes, thank you, that describes it perfectly.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                              Stone Mountain*Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #828
                              November 2, 2002
                              10491 Posts
                              Posted: September 25, 2014, 10:08 am - IP Logged

RL....... It is perfectly done.  True words. 

"I suspect

sub folder for the sub-folder........ "     

RL...... you suspected correctly. This is exactly what happened here. Exactly.

This particular forum as example ...over "populated" itself and busted awhile back, as you said...... with"one off systems"..... as you correctly pointed out. 

and  we did...... "end up needing another sub- folder for the sub-folder......"

You were also right on point with your other prediction RL. 

History has already repeated itself right now, already happened. On our forum here and just the way you described. The membership felt like something was needed....at most... they reverted back...."we do need a sub-folder for sub-folder...." 

You put your finger right on it RL.......  unfortunately the party is over... and your insight is... "Ex post facto"

What's the solution? That's above our pay grade. The best the membership could come up with here...was a good old....  "SUB-Folder"!  LOL 

Just like the last times ....and the time before that...   LOL                 

Win d    

Page 15 of 26