Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Systems Forum just based on real stats and facts!

Topic closed. 378 replies. Last post 2 years ago by WIN D.

Page 13 of 26
PrintE-mailLink

How about a new Systems forum based on just "facts"

Yes [ 107 ]  [81.06%]
No [ 16 ]  [12.12%]
VooDoo,dreams, reading entrials [ 4 ]  [3.03%]
Feelings [ 5 ]  [3.79%]
Total Valid Votes [ 132 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
kreative1's avatar - flower2
NE PA
United States
Member #127838
May 10, 2012
1230 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2014, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Don't give up!
I think you should just ask Todd for a separate forum based on facts although I'm not sure why that wouldn't fall under the mathematics one instead of the systems one?
That way what happens on this one won't get on your nerves lol
The more activity on a site is overall good for the site.....

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2014, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Don't give up!
    I think you should just ask Todd for a separate forum based on facts although I'm not sure why that wouldn't fall under the mathematics one instead of the systems one?
    That way what happens on this one won't get on your nerves lol
    The more activity on a site is overall good for the site.....

There's nothing stopping you from starting a thread in an existing Forum and declaring it "Facts Only!"  Smile   The only way to accomplish what you desire would be to establish a Moderated Forum, and I doubt if that's going to happen.  Why?  Because there is allegedly only one person tending this website, one who surely does not have time for Moderation work and would not be happy paying a qualified person to do it.  Besides, this proposed Forum would generate more controversy over what is a "Fact" versus what is a "Belief" than what's currently going on.

United States
      Member #116344
      September 8, 2011
      3928 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2014, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

'Facts' only forum exist, and that's the MATH forum.  The math forum has only two pages in a year,why?, see how the level of engagement is minimal in the math forum.When you present ideal as 'facts' , you've to explain and debate, most people are not comfortable with such engagement, hence such thread is self-moderated. I 'll love to have stats parameters translated into viable formula-the process will be fun and mind-stretching.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7325 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2014, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

There's nothing stopping you from starting a thread in an existing Forum and declaring it "Facts Only!"  Smile   The only way to accomplish what you desire would be to establish a Moderated Forum, and I doubt if that's going to happen.  Why?  Because there is allegedly only one person tending this website, one who surely does not have time for Moderation work and would not be happy paying a qualified person to do it.  Besides, this proposed Forum would generate more controversy over what is a "Fact" versus what is a "Belief" than what's currently going on.

"There's nothing stopping you from starting a thread in an existing Forum and declaring it "Facts Only! The only way to accomplish what you desire would be to establish a Moderated Forum, and I doubt if that's going to happen."

Some of the members flooding the Systems Forum with predictions and hijacking threads complained to management when myself and others pointed out to them how they were bending and breaking the rules.

"Besides, this proposed Forum would generate more controversy over what is a "Fact" versus what is a "Belief" than what's currently going on."

Members could have the same debate in the existing Systems Forum if the "number salesmen" would restrict their the number of their threads. I could be wrong about them selling numbers, but can you give me another logical reason why they're posting number predictions on several threads?

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7325 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2014, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

'Facts' only forum exist, and that's the MATH forum.  The math forum has only two pages in a year,why?, see how the level of engagement is minimal in the math forum.When you present ideal as 'facts' , you've to explain and debate, most people are not comfortable with such engagement, hence such thread is self-moderated. I 'll love to have stats parameters translated into viable formula-the process will be fun and mind-stretching.

"When you present ideal as 'facts' , you've to explain and debate, most people are not comfortable with such engagement, hence such thread is self-moderated."

Anybody can create a "do something to previous results" system, but without any evidence showing how it produced winners in the past and/or mathematical evidence supporting why it should continue to produced winners in the future, it's nothing more than a RNG. And we usually only see the profit or loss when it's posted by other members who are sometimes called "haters" for showing the facts.

"I'll love to have stats parameters translated into viable formula-the process will be fun and mind-stretching."

You could try checking the prediction statistics of our prolific System Forum thread starters, but strangely enough, they don't post predictions in places that can be checked by other members.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2014, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

" I 'll love to have stats parameters translated into viable formula-the process will be fun and mind-stretching."

When the stats parameters are translated into a formula it shows trying to win a lottery for the most part is a futile effort and is only accomplished if you are extremely lucky.  What is fun and mind stretching about that?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2014, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Who would use such a form?  Players who want to know things like the amount a jackpot would have to be before one could expect to break even buying all the possible combinations if he was the only jackpot winner already know that PB would have to be $171,712,000 and MM has to be  $339,400,000 and they can figure it out using a calculator so they don't need any proof.  Beside they would redo the calculations just to be sure even if the poster posted proof.

Even I know if I brought all 575,757 combinations of our Ohio Rolling Cash5, the jackpot would have to be $409K before I could expect to break even if I was the only jackpot winner.

My point is members who want to know the facts regardless of what some other member post will do the work to know them if they are worth knowing.

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1739 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2014, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I would. Be much more interesting.

Not that I get bored reading, "take the first digit, +/1 and multiply it by today's date, and divide by pi. now using your desk calculator find the cosine and count 16 places to the right. Play the next three digits for one week."

I live for those posts.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

backwoods ga
                  United States
                  Member #155844
                  May 31, 2014
                  1896 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2014, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Not that I get bored reading, "take the first digit, +/1 and multiply it by today's date, and divide by pi. now using your desk calculator find the cosine and count 16 places to the right. Play the next three digits for one week."

I live for those posts.

Lmao

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2014, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

I live for those posts.

There are plenty of those kinds of systems being posted already, why do you think creating another form to post them would make them more interesting?

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                      Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1739 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2014, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

There are plenty of those kinds of systems being posted already, why do you think creating another form to post them would make them more interesting?

LMAO!!!

TOO FUNNY!

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

NASHVILLE, TENN
                        United States
                        Member #33372
                        February 20, 2006
                        1044 Posts
                        Posted: August 30, 2014, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps Todd would consider allowing the originator of a thread to possess the ability to delete responses not germane to the discussion.  Or at  least remove the posted words and insert "Comments removed for being off topic".

Just a thought.

norcross ga
                          United States
                          Member #68180
                          December 14, 2008
                          11 Posts
                          Posted: August 31, 2014, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

lottery is all about thr right system 123 is the best

fbird's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                            White Lake,Mi
                            United States
                            Member #1495
                            May 12, 2003
                            5546 Posts
                            Posted: September 1, 2014, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I really find the opposition to a "facts" forum funny!! As we already have one for mystical and one for scratch off tickets . So, if we have one more forum based on facts, who gives a rats *ss !! It has become pretty amusing with all of the rant going on over a simple request !! I guess that if you did not want to participate, DON'T....seems pretty simple...sort of like the  remote control on you TV...change the channel ...LOL!!!

VAL

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: September 1, 2014, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I really find the opposition to a "facts" forum funny!! As we already have one for mystical and one for scratch off tickets . So, if we have one more forum based on facts, who gives a rats *ss !! It has become pretty amusing with all of the rant going on over a simple request !! I guess that if you did not want to participate, DON'T....seems pretty simple...sort of like the  remote control on you TV...change the channel ...LOL!!!

What you implying?  I thought members were already posting facts in the forms not intended for mystical. 

Are you suggesting the other forms are for dreamers and liars and a special one is need for members interested in only posting the truth and facts?

Evil Looking       

Page 13 of 26