Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Systems Forum just based on real stats and facts!

Topic closed. 378 replies. Last post 2 years ago by WIN D.

Page 24 of 26
PrintE-mailLink

How about a new Systems forum based on just "facts"

Yes [ 107 ]  [81.06%]
No [ 16 ]  [12.12%]
VooDoo,dreams, reading entrials [ 4 ]  [3.03%]
Feelings [ 5 ]  [3.79%]
Total Valid Votes [ 132 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3971 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2014, 2:59 am - IP Logged

This topic is not jimbo's, it's not about system play, it was about adding a new system forum.  I don't think

jimbzo even commented on rather or not he he liked the idea.  I think we all know what his vote would be

given that he thinks any attempt to pick numbers is a total waste of time.   How many times does he need 

to say it. 

Troll

Troll

Troll yourself, far away from here,

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2014, 3:27 am - IP Logged

This topic is not jimbo's, it's not about system play, it was about adding a new system forum.  I don't think

jimbzo even commented on rather or not he he liked the idea.  I think we all know what his vote would be

given that he thinks any attempt to pick numbers is a total waste of time.   How many times does he need 

to say it. 

Troll

Troll

Troll yourself, far away from here,

RL

You're Getting Lazy RL-RANDOMLOGIC (Click Here)

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3971 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2014, 3:31 am - IP Logged

I noticed in that post that you were unable to reply without trashing the owner of this site.

Face the facts jimbo, it's you that have problems.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23262 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2014, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Well, well - The Obfuscator in Charge weighs in.

It's not hard to see where his minions learned their craft.

Apparently, a "troll," in LP speak, is anyone who disagrees with the Chief on just about anything but especially someone who has the ability to convince others that Lotto "systems" are a waste of time.  Recheck the 3 links in my 1:20 am post (above) yesterday.  You decide who the real "trolls" are here.
        ----------------------------
        "Betting systems votaries are spiritually akin to the proponents of perpetual motion
        machines, butting their heads against the Second Law of Thermodynamics."
        The Theory of Gambling and Statistical Logic by Richard Arnold Epstein

No, a troll in this case is someone who dislikes the lottery posting on a forum that is dedicated to people who enjoy playing the lottery.  Your only true purpose can be to disrupt and cause discord -- which is the definition of a troll.

As the owner of this site I do indeed have the ability and responsibility to identify who the trolls are, thank you so much for reminding me.  You've been identified as a troll.  Hopefully that is clear.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
          Stone Mountain*Georgia
          United States
          Member #828
          November 2, 2002
          10491 Posts
          Posted: October 9, 2014, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Off subject ...but it's my post so....   I liked it and it fascinates me.     

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/164451

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2014, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

No, a troll in this case is someone who dislikes the lottery posting on a forum that is dedicated to people who enjoy playing the lottery.  Your only true purpose can be to disrupt and cause discord -- which is the definition of a troll.

As the owner of this site I do indeed have the ability and responsibility to identify who the trolls are, thank you so much for reminding me.  You've been identified as a troll.  Hopefully that is clear.

So, there is not only an LP Dictionary consistent with LP Speak, but a new set of logical relations as well.

IF (a person asserts lottery systems are a waste of time) THEN (that person necessarily dislikes the lottery)

IF (a person dislikes the lottery) THEN (that person's only true purpose must be to disrupt and cause discord)

Interesting.  If this kind of logic was used in the building of this website, it would be a disaster.  Since it appears to function fairly well, I must assume that these kinds of fallacious statements were avoided in the code.  Consequently, you don't believe your own declarations in this post.  Why not extend your reasoning: The 70% of people who win jackpots with Quick Picks must dislike the lottery, otherwise they would believe in and use "systems" to pick their numbers.  Correct?

I've been playing the lottery for over 35 years and continue to play when I'm in a state that has one.  I don't dislike the lottery; I dislike people who propagate myths and fallacies which ultimately undermine the efforts of our educators to help our kids compete in math and science with their counterparts around the world.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23262 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2014, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

So, there is not only an LP Dictionary consistent with LP Speak, but a new set of logical relations as well.

IF (a person asserts lottery systems are a waste of time) THEN (that person necessarily dislikes the lottery)

IF (a person dislikes the lottery) THEN (that person's only true purpose must be to disrupt and cause discord)

Interesting.  If this kind of logic was used in the building of this website, it would be a disaster.  Since it appears to function fairly well, I must assume that these kinds of fallacious statements were avoided in the code.  Consequently, you don't believe your own declarations in this post.  Why not extend your reasoning: The 70% of people who win jackpots with Quick Picks must dislike the lottery, otherwise they would believe in and use "systems" to pick their numbers.  Correct?

I've been playing the lottery for over 35 years and continue to play when I'm in a state that has one.  I don't dislike the lottery; I dislike people who propagate myths and fallacies which ultimately undermine the efforts of our educators to help our kids compete in math and science with their counterparts around the world.

A bunch of double-speak and narcissism.  Try it on someone who buys into your nonsense, it's wasted on me.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5600 Posts
                Posted: October 9, 2014, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Up to this point I've sat back and watched this go on in this thread.

Jimmy....

this IS a forum for those who like to discuss the lottery and ways to play the lottery. Including systems. It's part of the fun of playing the lottery. I myself usually just play QP's, at least in the jackpot games. However, occasionally I will try a strategy here and there just for variety. Those who like to use strategies, systems, whatever, do so to try to win, and for the variety. NOBODY is trying to undermine the efforts of our educators. NOBODY is trying to falsely convict people as you alluded to in some other thread. All anyone is trying to do is look for ways to pick numbers.

What irritates people, me included, is you constantly telling people they are innumerate, and insulting people because you don't believe in systems and strategies. Over and over again. You just keep beating that horse to death, just like another member that keeps telling people not to play the lottery...ON A FREAKING LOTTERY WEBSITE! You are on the wrong website. Find a lottery website that is against systems.

I've told you this before, there some things that don't interest me, like the mystical forum. So I don't go over there to insult and annoy people. I just read the stuff that interests me. Why can't you do the same thing? 

These are the reasons the whole membership including Todd, except for maybe 2 people don't like you.

Heck, by this point I almost feel sorry for you. I am absolutely amazed that Todd hasn't booted you out by now.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                  Stone Mountain*Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #828
                  November 2, 2002
                  10491 Posts
                  Posted: October 9, 2014, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I was reading an article yesterday and it seemed very apropos.

Sorta' of entertaining in the context. 

http://wyoming.sierraclub.org/ECOLOGICAL%20BENEFITS%20OF%20WOLVES.pdf 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1691 Posts
                    Posted: October 9, 2014, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

NEW public service announcement......

"IF YOU DON'T TALK TO YOUR KID ABOUT MATH, SOMEBODY WILL."

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: October 9, 2014, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

TIME IS MONEY AND UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES

rcbbuckeye:
                      Maybe you might be the person to remember [and agree] that I've repeatedly pointed out that there are multiple line Lotto "strategies" that do, in fact, allow you to affect the "distribution" of your winnings.  Nobody seems to want to talk about that fact.

Since most agree that "Time Is Money," when I show people how they can free up a lot of their time by buying Quick Picks, am I not "helping" them win more?  Remember, the time they save wth QPs and the money they save not buying "system" software can be used to buy more tickets.

BTW, no need to feel sorry for me.

WIN D:
                      Thanks.  Smile

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        3971 Posts
                        Posted: October 9, 2014, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Jimbozo

It's not the math, anyone who's interested can find the facts without much digging, its your nasty

exiting comments.  You are not that smart and no matter how many text book examples you spew

out, that's not going to change.   By your own words you suffered all the same fallacies up until a

few years ago when you read some book.  This tells me that you were unable to figure these things

out for yourself.  How old are you, I think you must be at least early sixties.   How smart is that, if all

your life you were unable to understand simple probability theory.  According to the 2nd law of thermo-

dynamics which by the way you are so fond of quoting,  things don't get better they break down.   No

wonder you have to rely on the works of others.

Your are a legend in your own mind a narcissistic, you have no interest in helping others you want 

Jimbo to look good.   To do this you cap off every post with a demeaning comment.  Take away the

regurgitated original authors conclusion and what we are left with is pure jimbozo, a trash talking

idiot.   You pull what people say off topic just enough to be able to apply your text book knowledge.

If you read my system post you will see UP FRONT that these are conditional based.  I don't think you

even know what that means, why else would you follow my post like a shadow for over four years.

Maybe it was a attempt to make yourself look smarter.  Guess what, you are not, I hesitate to even

mention some of the things that would tear your crap house down.  You admit to playing the lottery

for entertainment but want to deny others the same right to play using systems.  I think of all my play

as for entertainment, it's just that I don't like QP's.  Some would argue that QP's win most jackpots but

if they are so good why do we see games with a billion plus in sales to win a JP with under 200 million

total tickets. 

You are a two faced looser in my book.  I am sure that some reading this will think I am being hard on

poor little jimbozo but if they just take the time to read some of the old stuff I think they will see that I am

going easy on you.   It's hard for me to come to grips with anyone supporting your crap unless they have

no knowledge you your past. 

RL

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: October 9, 2014, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Despite a few things that we disagree on, overall, I agree. What you wrote in the quote above pretty much surmises what my signature so succinctly details.

I don't agree with Todd that it's just a bunch of double-speak. 

What I'd wish to agree on is that the p-3 games shouldn't be put under the same scrutiny as Major JP game wins. It says it all in my sig. That doesn't hold true for the p-3 game. The odds may still be very bad in the p-3, but eons better to win smaller tier prizes than a Major JP win chance, which is like....Naught. Green laugh.

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3971 Posts
                            Posted: October 9, 2014, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Jimbozo

I wonder what kind of math scores you got in school.  You played the lottery back 35 years ago

and only became enlightened a few years back.  If a person thinks so highly of his newly found

text book knowledge that he's no longer willing to  stoop to system play then I would fault your

early education which seems to have been far inferior to your current standards.  I guess you

will fault the lottery for your lack of early knowledge. 

Anyone that does not know how hard it is to win a JP will find out on their own unless they win

a JP with a QP which will then lead them to believe they were led by the great sky spirit to

buy a ticket at that exact instant. 

The world is falling apart all around us and math it at it's highest level in the history of man.  Maybe

the two are related or maybe it's that it's so easy to just pick up a book and learn stuff they are not

able to handle.  Our current financial problems is IMHO a product of putting knowledge within easy

reach of people like yourself that have no idea of the implications,  Kind of like giving a baby a gun.

You say that 70% of all JP's are won with QP's and we both know why but what you overlook is that

while 70% of jackpots looks like a large number the actual number of QP wins are not that great.

MM and PB jackpots combined are won around 20 times a year, so 70% X 20 = 14, how impressive is

that.

If you were to say that playing against such odds is a fools errand then I would agree but if one is going

to take on the odds anyway then what's wrong with using a system that may or may not help.  It's beyond

my ability to question a self pick as having lesser chances than a QP so there is nothing lost by picking my

own numbers using whatever method I choose.  If as I say that I can't hurt my chances by playing a self pick

then what's wrong with self picks. 

You can spew and spit all the made up reasons you feel guided to trash anyone who uses a system to pick

numbers but lets face the facts.  It's all about trying to make jimbozo look important.  Most system players

are over the age of 50 and in the prime of their life.  The kids are gone, the house is paid for etc...  Now is 

the time to live life a little reckless and take a few chances.  I seen quite a few people loose their butts in

the market which is something you support.   At least much of the lottery proceeds go to education so again

it boils down to just jimbozo wanting to look good. 

RL

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3971 Posts
                              Posted: October 9, 2014, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

onlymoney

What I'd wish to agree on is that the p-3 games shouldn't be put under the same scrutiny as Major JP game wins.

Jimbo can't accept any such thing.  IF the game is random than it's foolish to try to pick your own numbers

regardless of the matrix

It can't be both ways.  You either take his position our you don't, there is no middle ground on this issue.

Double mindedness is the state of not being able to make a stance,  I don;t care which stance people decide

to take I just don't want  my choices dictated for me.   I have no problems with the math, it's pure Jimbozo's

methods and use of it that's in question.  A troll is a troll is a troll.

RL

Page 24 of 26