Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Systems Forum just based on real stats and facts!

Topic closed. 378 replies. Last post 2 years ago by WIN D.

Page 22 of 26
PrintE-mailLink

How about a new Systems forum based on just "facts"

Yes [ 107 ]  [81.06%]
No [ 16 ]  [12.12%]
VooDoo,dreams, reading entrials [ 4 ]  [3.03%]
Feelings [ 5 ]  [3.79%]
Total Valid Votes [ 132 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2014, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

If you think you can apply the methods used by the MIT students to exploit the weaknesses in the cancelled Cash Winfall game to the Lotto Games most here are familiar with, that's great.

Tell us how you do it.

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2014, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Prior or Historical?

Here You Go - This Might Help
    Figure This Out and Become Rich!
    You Crack Basic programmers can surely translate this!
    (Let's Hope "G" Can Deal With the Audio...)
    Have Fun!
    Smile

And don't forget this!

United States
      Member #116344
      September 8, 2011
      3919 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2014, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

I have a bit of a confusion between "prior" and "historical" - isn't that which is historical, prior? And how do you have "unknown data" - the data is the "historical" data you're using, to configure future results. But like you say, you can interpret this many different ways; and maybe this is all semantics anyway.

There are no balls drawn in the CA D3... however, one can assume a similar principle, with it choosing singles that are "dependent" upon the prior digit - each must be different, or you get doubles/triples, which are rare events. So, every third digit, presumably, has a greater chance of being drawn from Pool X, than the previous one.

Still bears contemplation and study. You nearly had CA today!

Is not semantics, if I say cash 5 has a matrix of  5/34, what is your data? your base data is 1 through 34 (34 members). This pool of 34 members are raw without information, the data start making sense when you learn that 5 members are drawn without replacement for this game. To select  5 members your approach is to find past history of this game(What if is a new game just started) before you can infer anything (PRIOR), I don't need that historical draws, I will simulate the pool of 39 members in many cycles (10,50,100,10000), which will be sampled for informed decisions.

PeerGynt's avatar - nw archer.jpg
        Simi Valley, CA
        United States
        Member #156940
        July 4, 2014
        668 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2014, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Is not semantics, if I say cash 5 has a matrix of  5/34, what is your data? your base data is 1 through 34 (34 members). This pool of 34 members are raw without information, the data start making sense when you learn that 5 members are drawn without replacement for this game. To select  5 members your approach is to find past history of this game(What if is a new game just started) before you can infer anything (PRIOR), I don't need that historical draws, I will simulate the pool of 39 members in many cycles (10,50,100,10000), which will be sampled for informed decisions.

Maybe I'm missing something, Adobea, but didn't you create a long long string of digits in a previous post? That was "prior" to what you expect to come after - it's "historical" data, upon which you create your matrix. Or are we talking about different things? Do you mean you look to data ("past data" is redundant, no?) to indicate what you will need to play in the future; and you mean you don't, say, always look backwards to a "due sum" or "due digit" - that once you have the data in hand, you have the means for future plays? I get that. It's a whole new world of looking at strategy, which is fascinating indeed....

We have no dreams at all, or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way—not at all, or in an interesting manner.   -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7295 Posts
          Posted: October 6, 2014, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Stack47,

If you think you can apply the methods used by the MIT students to exploit the weaknesses in the cancelled Cash Winfall game to the Lotto Games most here are familiar with, that's great.

Tell us how you do it.

Are you a professional dodge ball player?

"the Lotto Games most here are familiar with"

You should be more specific in the first place, but "most here" won't be traveling to other states to purchase $600,000 in tickets like the MIT students did.

United States
            Member #116344
            September 8, 2011
            3919 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2014, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I'm missing something, Adobea, but didn't you create a long long string of digits in a previous post? That was "prior" to what you expect to come after - it's "historical" data, upon which you create your matrix. Or are we talking about different things? Do you mean you look to data ("past data" is redundant, no?) to indicate what you will need to play in the future; and you mean you don't, say, always look backwards to a "due sum" or "due digit" - that once you have the data in hand, you have the means for future plays? I get that. It's a whole new world of looking at strategy, which is fascinating indeed....

You're not missing anything, you're stuck to your point of view> The long string was created by using a prior because that is your believe,I've read most of your comments, and you hold the ideal that, the past can predict the unknown as far as lottery is concerned. What am saying is I don't need that historical data for lottery prediction, all I need is the matrix or format of the game. Read the introductory of my thread P3 sums, the chart was not for tracking sums , but rather summing up a draw set and choosing picks to play,the chart was not made from past draws(Is a general chart) but from simulation.

PeerGynt's avatar - nw archer.jpg
              Simi Valley, CA
              United States
              Member #156940
              July 4, 2014
              668 Posts
              Posted: October 7, 2014, 12:54 am - IP Logged

You're not missing anything, you're stuck to your point of view> The long string was created by using a prior because that is your believe,I've read most of your comments, and you hold the ideal that, the past can predict the unknown as far as lottery is concerned. What am saying is I don't need that historical data for lottery prediction, all I need is the matrix or format of the game. Read the introductory of my thread P3 sums, the chart was not for tracking sums , but rather summing up a draw set and choosing picks to play,the chart was not made from past draws(Is a general chart) but from simulation.

That's fair, Adobea. I do believe one can look at past data, and make determinations based outward, to the future. But your way as well. 

The key for anyone who wants to at least play the CA version of the D3 - and this applies to both backwards and forwards thinkers, sum adders and V-trac-ers and group watchers and you and I and everyone else who wants to improve whatever strategy it is they're using - is this:

Think about the fact that CA created an algorithmic core. Forget what that algorithm is... it really doesn't matter. Just think about it at all; that it doesn't rely on a purely random system.

This very fact - what it means to be a formula vs. chaos - can help people determine their plays more effectively, I believe, if one understands that core dynamic.... Wink

We have no dreams at all, or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way—not at all, or in an interesting manner.   -- Friedrich Nietzsche

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1659 Posts
                Posted: October 7, 2014, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Most Excellent adobea!

When we consider the whole of he matrix as usable, under the conditions of the basic formations and percentages, we theorize our data will stabilize at some point.

Have you considered the affects of ignoring the short term historical data, the past week/month, has on the near future outcomes?

Many posters suggest counting the number of hits per digit over the last week/10/21 days and using those as a guide for this weeks play. Have you done a side-by-side comparison of the two?

Just curiosities. Perhaps they have no bearing.

Thank you for continuing to post. Happy to see, as well, that jimmy's crude American persona has not affected you. All the years he's been on LP the only spreadsheet he has ever kept is one on the lives of the others members.

Its no secret I come from a bilingual family. My grandparents and dad were primary Czech speakers. So I was taught to never let language be an excuse.

And yes, I am deaf. And that has never been an excuse.

And yet, neither of these "weaknesses," as our rude American "friend" perceives them, ever make anyone stupid. Even on heavy-duty, industrial strength stupid cycle, my brain could never reach jimmy's level. 

Keep up the GREAT work and continue to post!

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                  New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #86099
                  January 29, 2010
                  11115 Posts
                  Posted: October 7, 2014, 1:14 am - IP Logged

That's fair, Adobea. I do believe one can look at past data, and make determinations based outward, to the future. But your way as well. 

The key for anyone who wants to at least play the CA version of the D3 - and this applies to both backwards and forwards thinkers, sum adders and V-trac-ers and group watchers and you and I and everyone else who wants to improve whatever strategy it is they're using - is this:

Think about the fact that CA created an algorithmic core. Forget what that algorithm is... it really doesn't matter. Just think about it at all; that it doesn't rely on a purely random system.

This very fact - what it means to be a formula vs. chaos - can help people determine their plays more effectively, I believe, if one understands that core dynamic.... Wink

Regardless if his data is not coventional, it works.  The nm data from Saturday evening p3 produced the 37 for Mondays morning  New Mexico 537.    I don't understand it but it works.  Its pure genius the way he works these strings of numbers.

Patriot

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
                    Member #93947
                    July 10, 2010
                    2180 Posts
                    Posted: October 7, 2014, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Most Excellent adobea!

When we consider the whole of he matrix as usable, under the conditions of the basic formations and percentages, we theorize our data will stabilize at some point.

Have you considered the affects of ignoring the short term historical data, the past week/month, has on the near future outcomes?

Many posters suggest counting the number of hits per digit over the last week/10/21 days and using those as a guide for this weeks play. Have you done a side-by-side comparison of the two?

Just curiosities. Perhaps they have no bearing.

Thank you for continuing to post. Happy to see, as well, that jimmy's crude American persona has not affected you. All the years he's been on LP the only spreadsheet he has ever kept is one on the lives of the others members.

Its no secret I come from a bilingual family. My grandparents and dad were primary Czech speakers. So I was taught to never let language be an excuse.

And yes, I am deaf. And that has never been an excuse.

And yet, neither of these "weaknesses," as our rude American "friend" perceives them, ever make anyone stupid. Even on heavy-duty, industrial strength stupid cycle, my brain could never reach jimmy's level. 

Keep up the GREAT work and continue to post!

G

"And yet, neither of these "weaknesses," as our rude American "friend" perceives them, ever make anyone stupid. Even on heavy-duty, industrial strength stupid cycle, my brain could never reach jimmy's level."

My comment about your dealing with audio was referring to this,
                    which is a typical remark made by people who like to joke about Americans who don't speak English well.  The video referred to was narrated by an Indian speaker.   And I think you knew that.  I had no idea you were deaf, so consequently, I have no apology to proffer.  You might apologize for working with Stack47 to twist everything I say around.

Check here as well...

How many of the Lotto Games people at LP are familiar with, and post predictions for, are "Rolldowns?"

And then go ahead and get on with your obfuscation duties.

Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1659 Posts
                      Posted: October 7, 2014, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Stack47,

Tell us how you do it.

Two things:

Microsoft did it in Visual Basic

Do you even know why you would use that?

Ask Don Catlin. As to the REASON it worked so well, the Windfall game was a rolldown. Since you are very good at google, you should have no problem figuring out the rest. 

If you can't, ask Don Catlin.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1659 Posts
                        Posted: October 7, 2014, 2:11 am - IP Logged

"And yet, neither of these "weaknesses," as our rude American "friend" perceives them, ever make anyone stupid. Even on heavy-duty, industrial strength stupid cycle, my brain could never reach jimmy's level."

which is a typical remark made by people who like to joke about Americans who don't speak English well.  The video referred to was narrated by an Indian speaker.   And I think you knew that.  I had no idea you were deaf, so consequently, I have no apology to proffer.  You might apologize for working with Stack47 to twist everything I say around.

Check here as well...

How many of the Lotto Games people at LP are familiar with, and post predictions for, are "Rolldowns?"

LEAST THING I WOULD EVER EXPECT FROM YOU IS AN APOLOGY. 

LMAO!!!!!

Were you born this way?DO YOU EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE?

IF I CAN'T HEAR HOW WOULD I KNOW THE VIDEO "WAS NARRATED BY AN INDIAN SPEAKER?"

UNBELIEVABLE, JUST UN-BE-LIEVABLE

G

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: October 7, 2014, 2:27 am - IP Logged

"IF I CAN'T HEAR HOW WOULD I KNOW THE VIDEO "WAS NARRATED BY AN INDIAN SPEAKER?""

It's irrelevant.  I knew, and it's why I made the comment, assuming you would complain about not understanding the narrator.

If you really thought the LRU algorithm was a serious proposal for Lotto, you're not as smart as I thought you were.

United States
                            Member #116344
                            September 8, 2011
                            3919 Posts
                            Posted: October 7, 2014, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I have a bit of a confusion between "prior" and "historical" - isn't that which is historical, prior? And how do you have "unknown data" - the data is the "historical" data you're using, to configure future results. But like you say, you can interpret this many different ways; and maybe this is all semantics anyway.

There are no balls drawn in the CA D3... however, one can assume a similar principle, with it choosing singles that are "dependent" upon the prior digit - each must be different, or you get doubles/triples, which are rare events. So, every third digit, presumably, has a greater chance of being drawn from Pool X, than the previous one.

Still bears contemplation and study. You nearly had CA today!

Ponder on this: Let's say your State decide to introduce a new lottery game with the format 4/30(four numbers drawn from a pool of 30 numbers without replacement), how do you wage/play this new game without  PRIORS?. We're the only species that can relate to someone's experience without living it, most scientific break-through was piloted by ideals , assumptions, concepts not through experience (History), the Manhattan project in late '30s was an ideal, it has never been done before, whether it will work was purely based on assumptions and concepts, but it did work when tested. If you're really into algorithms, then let your imagination run.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7295 Posts
                              Posted: October 7, 2014, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Check here as well...

"You might apologize for working with Stack47 to twist everything I say around."

You're the one who suggested asking the MIT card counters if they had lotto systems apparently forgetting you commented on a thread discussing that very subject. To make it even more silly, you posted a link to the thread after I mentioned the Cash WinFall game. Nobody has to twist anything you say because you're doing fine on your own.

"How many of the Lotto Games people at LP are familiar with, and post predictions for, are "Rolldowns?"

It's possible someone might have a sound Fantasy 5 playing strategy that will work in all 5/39 games or a Classic Lotto strategy for all 6/49 games, but it's more likely most LP members are familiar with just the lotto games they play. You wasted enough time back peddling and whining about your mistake; it's time to move on. 

Do you have any proof it's impossible for any system "based on real stats and facts" to exist that consistently shows a profit playing a lottery game?

Page 22 of 26