Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying?

Topic closed. 421 replies. Last post 7 years ago by visiondude.

Page 1 of 29
PrintE-mailLink
victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
san jose
United States
Member #53761
July 20, 2007
277 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Do you believe in praying?

Montara, CA
    United States
    Member #92593
    June 10, 2010
    18 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2010, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

The way I see it, victorl3ichiban, prayer is another form of the law of attraction.  You will for something to happen, and you ask for a higher power to ask you.  It helps you to visual and believe that you will win.  As for me, it has not worked, but it sure is comforting to believe in a higher power listening to my pitiful pleas for intervention.

Best,

GinkoStinko

United States
      Member #61232
      May 16, 2008
      126 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2010, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

I'm not a religious person, but if I was I would only really pray for those that are sick and hungry, and that my loved ones be kept out of harms way.  There are millions of people that are a lot less fortunate than us.  Why should God let us win over them?

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: June 12, 2010, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm not a religious person, but if I was I would only really pray for those that are sick and hungry, and that my loved ones be kept out of harms way.  There are millions of people that are a lot less fortunate than us.  Why should God let us win over them?

Yup..like when athelets in Football pray to win. 20,000 kids die everyday in 3rd world countries, but make sure the Steelers win.

friendship's avatar - peace

United States
          Member #86278
          February 1, 2010
          1488 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2010, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Yes I do believe in praying.  Acknowledging God sovereign control in all things  gives me strength...

It is an awesome feeling to know hat this  INVINSIBLE ENERGY-INTELLIGENCE I can call on when I am afraid, when I am alone, when there is no one else to pour out all my inner most thoughts...My  troubles to and  He gives me  peace. ...

Praying  for me is tapping into  this spiritual force that rules the universe!  Praying  takes away my anxiety and I can say "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life' (Psalm 23:6)

Prayer gives me hope...Praying gives me inner peace...

Let go of self Victor and let God....Tap into this  Force that  controls the universe and ask for  guidance how to pray...

Praying  for me is just talking to God...I believe he hears and understands...sometimes His answers  are different than what I expect,,,but I trust  and believe He is in control of my life...

Yes I do believe in prayer...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10390 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Yes, but not praying to win the lottery. When we pray that way are praying that in essence everyone else doesn't win.

As for the sports as joker17 mentioned, God doesn't care if a team wins or loses, except for Notre Dame!

Scared

Football player at confession: I can't help meself, Father. When I get on the field I turn savage and have to draw blood.

Priest: It's just a game lad.

Player: I know, but I just can't help it.

Priest: Who is it you play for laddie?

Player: Notre Dame!

Priest: Oh well, boys will be boys!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
              Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:11 am - IP Logged

When I read this thread I immediately thought of Bruce Almighty when he answers everyone's prayers to win the lotto.

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:14 am - IP Logged

When I read this thread I immediately thought of Bruce Almighty when he answers everyone's prayers to win the lotto.

And all the winners got something like 17 bucks a piece....lol...That was funny hearing all the winners bitchin....

mean while......in India and Africa, humans are flying off this planet like there was a train picking them up.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Yup..like when athelets in Football pray to win. 20,000 kids die everyday in 3rd world countries, but make sure the Steelers win.

Those kids die of malnutrition, starvation and disease.

In this country we kill our kids on purpose - 1.37 million of em a year.

I wonder if one of em might have come up with a solution for world hunger if he or she had lived.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #75358
                    June 1, 2009
                    5345 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Those kids die of malnutrition, starvation and disease.

In this country we kill our kids on purpose - 1.37 million of em a year.

I wonder if one of em might have come up with a solution for world hunger if he or she had lived.

We've had a solution for world hunger for many years. It's the government heads that want to punish their enemies in times of war within factions, by using kids as a weapon. They won't allow food to reach it's destinations.

It's like when you hear about a crazy person who kills their own kids, just "in spite" to hurt the spouse.

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
                      san jose
                      United States
                      Member #53761
                      July 20, 2007
                      277 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2010, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I remember this Filipino lady pray and won Colorado lottery.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2010, 1:12 am - IP Logged

We've had a solution for world hunger for many years. It's the government heads that want to punish their enemies in times of war within factions, by using kids as a weapon. They won't allow food to reach it's destinations.

It's like when you hear about a crazy person who kills their own kids, just "in spite" to hurt the spouse.

I have to disagree. If we've had a solution for world hunger for many years, there would be no world hunger.

Putting food in planes, ships and trucks that can't get it there is not a solution. A solution solves something. Food rotting in transit or storage is not a solution. The solution will be multi-faceted and all-encompassing and successful.  Anything less is failure.

I still wonder if we killed the one who might have had a solution.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
                          Member #55246
                          September 20, 2007
                          225 Posts
                          Posted: June 13, 2010, 3:33 am - IP Logged

I do.

I pray for everything. If the answer is NO, I still thank Him. He knows what is best for me.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                            Member #9517
                            December 10, 2004
                            1279 Posts
                            Posted: June 13, 2010, 7:28 am - IP Logged

I remember this Filipino lady pray and won Colorado lottery.

USA's population is 95% religious. Of course some of them will win after praying even if praying in reality doesn't help.

In reality something like 99.9999999% (or worse) doesn't win first prize even if they pray.

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
                              Member #70550
                              February 5, 2009
                              120 Posts
                              Posted: June 13, 2010, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Yes I believe in praying especially in the bible verse matt 21:22 whatever ye ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

You need to believe in the spoken words that comes out of your mouth or the spoken words that is being thought in your head, without believing, the prayer would never be answered.

I pray daily and my prayers are always answered

Page 1 of 29