Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying?

Topic closed. 421 replies. Last post 6 years ago by visiondude.

Page 3 of 29
PrintE-mailLink
Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
Member #65961
October 11, 2008
162 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2010, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone

I pray, or talk to God all the time.  I always seek to learn and understand everything around me, and in

this, I learn humility.  Never rule anything out unless you want to eat a little humble pie.  I have found

that God in his abundance of mercy, can and does answer prayer.  Never compare what God will do for

you to anything.  Not world hunger, not how much or how little you have ect...  Who can know the mind

of God.

We limit God's blessings when we place him in a box.  All the major problems in the world are man made

and the best solution is to change ones own self.  If everyone done this everything would change.   I

once asked why so many bad things happened, His answer was,  "Think about It." 

RL

RL

I like the way you worded this......

(this really is a good thread!)

Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
    Member #65961
    October 11, 2008
    162 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2010, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

There is a saying, "prayer changes things" ..... this is true.  The fervent, effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much the Good Book says.  It  also advises us to "pray without ceasing".   And yet we must also know HOW to pray - intercessory prayer is oftentimes the best type of prayer, because as we pray for others and they in turn, pray for us - it takes the focus off of ourselves and our unselfish prayers for others, I believe, are more readily answered.

There is a loving, heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers - and though He may answer in His own time, He is always right on time! AMEN!

"There is a loving, heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers - and though He may answer in His own time, He is always right on time! AMEN!"

That's why He's also known as "Jehovah-Just-In-Time"........(my little nickname for Him...)

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2010, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Hello

I knocked and seeked and this is what I found. The fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil was

"that in knowing good and evil, made us to judge".  The only thing that God reserved to Himself is

judgement.  Think about it.

RL

I did think about it. I think you're not understanding what I'm writing. You talk about the Bible as the truth, yet there are other belief systems out there. I don't subscibe to any of them.

You're trying to relate to me a certain part of a story in a book that I'm questioning to begin with, like all other books and beliefs.

Even God would know what Adam and Eve would have done, despite free will. Why?, because God is omnipotent.....He knows evrything. He is outside time. 

So God knowing Adam and Eve were going to cause eons of turmoil, still went ahead with the plan anyways.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3972 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2010, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

I did think about it. I think you're not understanding what I'm writing. You talk about the Bible as the truth, yet there are other belief systems out there. I don't subscibe to any of them.

You're trying to relate to me a certain part of a story in a book that I'm questioning to begin with, like all other books and beliefs.

Even God would know what Adam and Eve would have done, despite free will. Why?, because God is omnipotent.....He knows evrything. He is outside time. 

So God knowing Adam and Eve were going to cause eons of turmoil, still went ahead with the plan anyways.

Joker17

Perfect! What is kown as the BIble is nothing more than a collection of inspiried writtings.  I think Moby Dick

is a inspired writting as I can use it as a guage to measure myself.  Research what caused all the things that

you mention above, "as you know already" are a result of man departing from truth.  Truth is truth no matter

were you find it. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2010, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Death is a part of life.......

The good and the bad co-exist.....

Precognition is an attribute of God...........and He's got a plan on how it all ends.........

He is Sovereign and still in Control ( if not, I would not be typing this response and you would not be breathing...)

I don't trip over what's happening in the world....it sad and sometimes I do cry......but God warned us..........it is in the Bible.....and I know you may not want to hear it ....but it gets worst before it will get better........

Nonetheless........I respect your opinion and appreciate the dialogue.

Death may very well be a part of a natural life, but 20,000 kids dying everyday prematurely,  and not of their wrong doing concerns me. It makes me wonder sometimes.  So there's a long line of unborn souls just waiting, days, weeks, months, and years from this moment on, for creation to bring them into this world, just so they can perish in a few short years.

Nice plan !

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            3972 Posts
            Posted: June 15, 2010, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Death may very well be a part of a natural life, but 20,000 kids dying everyday prematurely,  and not of their wrong doing concerns me. It makes me wonder sometimes.  So there's a long line of unborn souls just waiting, days, weeks, months, and years from this moment on, for creation to bring them into this world, just so they can perish in a few short years.

Nice plan !

Joker17

A soul begins with life and ends with death. "and man became a living soul"  "The dead know nothing"

The spirit returns to God.  It's the living that I worry about.

RL                 

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: June 15, 2010, 2:05 am - IP Logged

“You may blame all this on Adam and Eve, but I don't subscribe to stories.”

They are records and a closer look at the record about Adam and Eve would discover that the dominion that Adam had was now under different management. That management offered a little of his stolen glory to J.C. when he said “it is mine to give (want some?)” . The god of this world is the author of death and is unseen to many masquerading as the true GOD. Kind of like the guy that farted in a group and blamed it on somebody else. The true God gets blamed for all kinds of confusion and evil by the farter of evil.

“I appreciate the nice words, but how do you account for God allowing 20,000 children to die everyday?” 

Easy, you just have to understand who was a murderer from the beginning and is the author of death. Who's dominion were they under?

“Free will or not, He would know the outcome.”

Very true but one significant point is GOD wanted a family that would love Him out of the freedom of their will. Servants and Angles HAD to obey GOD. Sadly, one Luminous one thought he knew the limits of GOD and was at least equal enough to overthrow HIS dominion. The dominion of this world is under bad management and the Creator gets all the bad press for another’s actions. Hopes this clears up the intended confusion by the author of chaos and confusion.

DD

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2010, 2:57 am - IP Logged

Nice plan !

No such thing as an unborn soul.

If you want to talk about souls, then the book that generated that concept is the one you challenge. By the book, no human fetus or animal is a LIVING SOUL until they take that first breath. Mary even spoke of her fetus as an "it". By the book, soul life is not plant life or spirit.

It is defined by the words used translated in simpler terms that lose the meaning and importance of what was written. Animals have soul life because they breathe and that is the personality you see in an animal or human that is alive and breathing. Adam lived to be over 900 years so what died according to the conditions he did not comply with was not his soul. What died was his connection with GOD. Everyone born into this world is born as Adam died: without spirit and alienated from GOD.

There is a fix tho,….. Romans Chapter 10 VS 9 & 10!  "Saved" means to be whole as in Body, soul and spirit just like it was in the garden before Adam screwed up. BUT, this spirit is in you and not upon you with a condition and is SONSHIP.

Get it while you can, time is short.

DD

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2010, 7:43 am - IP Logged

No such thing as an unborn soul.

If you want to talk about souls, then the book that generated that concept is the one you challenge. By the book, no human fetus or animal is a LIVING SOUL until they take that first breath. Mary even spoke of her fetus as an "it". By the book, soul life is not plant life or spirit.

It is defined by the words used translated in simpler terms that lose the meaning and importance of what was written. Animals have soul life because they breathe and that is the personality you see in an animal or human that is alive and breathing. Adam lived to be over 900 years so what died according to the conditions he did not comply with was not his soul. What died was his connection with GOD. Everyone born into this world is born as Adam died: without spirit and alienated from GOD.

There is a fix tho,….. Romans Chapter 10 VS 9 & 10!  "Saved" means to be whole as in Body, soul and spirit just like it was in the garden before Adam screwed up. BUT, this spirit is in you and not upon you with a condition and is SONSHIP.

Get it while you can, time is short.

DD

Your're just playing semantics. What ever they are, or aren't just yet, they will eventually be born, millions every year just to die before 10 years of age.

Obviously, folks here just don't understand what I;m talking about. I'm done with this thread. If you can't explain my questions without constantly referring to Bible quotes for answers, or "What is written" then that's fine.  There are a lot of books written from many different faiths. And they all have different explanations.

If that is what comforts you, then good for you. Personally, I can't fool myself. There are just too many gray areas in life for one thing to be right or wrong. Nothing is written in stone.

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: June 15, 2010, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

I thought I was answering your questions about God and explained the one that gets the bad press attributed to Him. And the rules are if you are going to question the book, I will reply with answers from it. Semantics is important because you have to understand WHICH god or GOD does what: that is the gray zone most do not see. Many are disillusioned and distanced from the true GOD because of HIS perceived hypocrisy in HIS actions. Your question is a good one and I know of no other book that exposes the conflict most do not understand (because of shades of gray).

Back to prayer: Effectual prayer and answers to the prayers is what people who do believe in a God want.

If the Creator can answer those prayers, there must be a reason for what people are doing right and wrong in getting their petitions answered. Those that do pray want more prayers answered and know how to do it like a walk in the park. Not a thing wrong in this upside-down world with wanting to have spiritual help, you just have to get to know the God that answers prayer and know about the god that wants you to fail . So when push comes to shove, you do not fall on your face in unanswered prayer when something ‘big’ needs some spiritual help. God is willing and able to do much for us, it is our job to tap into His resources to get answers. Many spend a lifetime not knowing how and become bitter toward a loving God that seems contradictory for credit that is not HIS. The true GOD is big on freedom of will while the counterfeit is not. Choose wisely, make an informed decision.

Not only do people pray, they also get answers to those prayers. God is good.

DD

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7314 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2010, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Your're just playing semantics. What ever they are, or aren't just yet, they will eventually be born, millions every year just to die before 10 years of age.

Obviously, folks here just don't understand what I;m talking about. I'm done with this thread. If you can't explain my questions without constantly referring to Bible quotes for answers, or "What is written" then that's fine.  There are a lot of books written from many different faiths. And they all have different explanations.

If that is what comforts you, then good for you. Personally, I can't fool myself. There are just too many gray areas in life for one thing to be right or wrong. Nothing is written in stone.

I thought the questions was "Do you pray that you win $ millions in the lottery", but obviously it evolved into a religious discussion/debate.

And off topic, what number plays for "Forbidden Fruit"?

Hiding Behind Computer

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10351 Posts
                        Posted: June 16, 2010, 12:44 am - IP Logged

I thought the questions was "Do you pray that you win $ millions in the lottery", but obviously it evolved into a religious discussion/debate.

Hiding Behind Computer

Three score six hundred and six

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: June 16, 2010, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Hiding Behind Computer

And the answer was......" If God doesn't give a hoot about 20,000 kids dying everyday, then why in the world would he care If you won  a sports game or the JP?

Am I the only sane person here?....lol...............................Big Grin Angel

HELLO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Instead of folks answering me in their own words, I get passages.

I believe in Thor, but did you see me reply to the question with Norse quotes?

I really can't make it any clearer.

United States
                            Member #81843
                            October 31, 2009
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: June 16, 2010, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Do you believe in praying?

This is the question. Do you critics have an answer?

DD

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2010, 2:55 am - IP Logged

Do you believe in praying?

YES, I  Most absolutely positively do!!!!!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Page 3 of 29