Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying?

Topic closed. 421 replies. Last post 6 years ago by visiondude.

Page 9 of 29
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2010, 10:33 am - IP Logged

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: June 20, 2010, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Good Rosie!  The debate participants need to be reminded there is an end and there is no escape from having the truth revealed!  You can argue all you want,  deny all you want,  rationalize all you want, opine all you want but.................in the end.

Thanks Jarasan, for reminding all of us!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: June 20, 2010, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Conversely; since we are not wrong about been here!  Because we are here, Alive!

and we are not wrong about the air that we breath into lungs not made by us!

or the water that we drink is not made by any one of us, and the lungs and heart and brain that are in us and keeping us alive, yet it works unseen by us, the day you try to pull your heart out, so you can see it, is the day you die!!  we can not see it!

But the heart is there and the lung is there and the brain is there!!~ and we did not make a hair on our own heads!!! These are irrefutable Facts! 

Then WhatIf we are right????!!!         I am, because HE IS!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2010, 11:06 am - IP Logged

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: June 20, 2010, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Conversely; since we are not wrong about been here!  Because we are here, Alive!

or the water that we drink is not made by any one of us, and the lungs and heart and brain that are in us and keeping us alive, yet it works unseen by us, the day you try to pull your heart out, so you can see it, is the day you die!!  we can not see it!

But the heart is there and the lung is there and the brain is there!!~ and we did not make a hair on our own heads!!! These are irrefutable Facts! 

What does the fact, the we are breathing and have lungs and brains, has anything whatsoever to do with what was said in the video?

I'm totally lost on that one....What?

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: June 20, 2010, 11:22 am - IP Logged

To respond to your opinion aside from the video, because they are not related at all, I will say this.

The fact that the human body exists, and runs on auto pilot, is not proof that A God was responsible for it. He may have, I don't know, but my point from the beginning is that no one can be absolutely sure.

I personally believe that Alien DNA was grafted with apes long a go, and that's how humans came to be. That's why there are apes still running around.

But that aside, in my world, anytime I don't have answers for something, doesn't automatically by default, means it was God. It could be a multitude of other reasons. There is nothing written in stone, and there are too many gray areas for any one person to know anything for a fact at any given time.

If it's so obvious, why have there been debates about this for centuries?

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: June 20, 2010, 11:35 am - IP Logged

THe Ultimate Treason that any one can do, is to betray Ones CREATOR!!!

To use the Gray-Matter HE made and gave, and The tongue HE placed in your mouth to later Deny HIM, as the AUTHOR, of your Person-hood, based on Your Limited, Flawed thinking! Is...Is Treason to the Infinite/Power!!!

With That, I leave this and those to Time.

The end, Their end will come; and it will be disastrous for them! 

Not because I say so, because They lead many astray, their Treason will warrant it!!!

Like one who betrays, and is a Traitor to his country, they had it coming!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: June 20, 2010, 11:54 am - IP Logged

THe Ultimate Treason that any one can do, is to betray Ones CREATOR!!!

To use the Gray-Matter HE made and gave, and The tongue HE placed in your mouth to later Deny HIM, as the AUTHOR, of your Person-hood, based on Your Limited, Flawed thinking! Is...Is Treason to the Infinite/Power!!!

With That, I leave this and those to Time.

The end, Their end will come; and it will be disastrous for them! 

Not because I say so, because They lead many astray, their Treason will warrant it!!!

Like one who betrays, and is a Traitor to his country, they had it coming!

I don't agree with everything Christopher Hitchens says, but he does make some good points. His total disbelief in a God is just as unreasnable. He leaves no room for doubt. Even though I agree in some of what he preaches, he is just as bad as those who claim they have the monopoly on truth, like in religion. I hope there is a God, but I'm willing to bet that indeed, If he is a loving and just God, then he's surely not going to punish those who just happen to be born in the wrong part of the planet, and were brought up in different faiths.

For all I know, If there is a God, and I face him one day, he might congratulate me for standing up and using my brain to understand life while I was living, and not to believe in him out of fear and pressure.  Maybe he'll admire me for having guts to look for what the TRUTH is, despite was being spoon fed to me.  Afterall, If he did give us a brain so we can think hard, invent, learn to be doctors to heal people, to question authority, to examine in detail the many problems facing life, and how to deal with those problems in a systematic way, then what would be the point of God to then turn around and then say....well, even though I gave you a brain, you shouldn't use it when it comes to religion. You can use your brain for everything else, but not this. Don't you see how rediculous that sounds?

No one knows the mind of God.....But I will ask him why he allowed 20,000 kids to die everyday for decades. Maybe there is a valid reason why, but I don't think it's because 2 humans in a garden named Eden behaved badly, and that was the justification.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                  light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: June 20, 2010, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

just checking in.  i will be back later to contribute a more in depth defense.

in the meantime joker,  you still are sidestepping my challenge.  the one that will prove my position, remember?

i asked you if you wanted me to post the aspects of prophecy that were, and are, completely uncontrollable by man, so that skeptics cannot write it off the as "self-fulifillment" excuse skeptics run to.  aspects of prophecy that prove ONLY God could orchaestrate. 

i had to ask you if you wanted me to do that (vs me just doing it), because it is important to demonstrate your motives in this debate.   i.e.,   that you really want to know the truths of the universe, instead of just that ego postulating game that men get into.  i stay on track.  i don't get sidetracked.  when a person asks me to defend my position, i will.  i won't go in 50 different directions in hopes that it kills the debate,  so that i don't have to deal with what's presented to me.  that's why i asked you,  because it is efficient in demonstrating your intent.

yes or no?    do you want me to demonstrate the aspects of prophecy that i "claim" man cannot manipulate?

i will be back later on today to see if you will stand up to the challenge that you instigated..........vision

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Play-girl's avatar - yesnurse
                    Atlanta, Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #84484
                    December 29, 2009
                    162 Posts
                    Posted: June 20, 2010, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Comes In & Splashes.. BLESS OIL All Over This Thread!!!

Blue Angel Big Grin Angel Blue Angel

**Almost Doesn't Count**

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

just checking in.  i will be back later to contribute a more in depth defense.

in the meantime joker,  you still are sidestepping my challenge.  the one that will prove my position, remember?

i asked you if you wanted me to post the aspects of prophecy that were, and are, completely uncontrollable by man, so that skeptics cannot write it off the as "self-fulifillment" excuse skeptics run to.  aspects of prophecy that prove ONLY God could orchaestrate. 

i had to ask you if you wanted me to do that (vs me just doing it), because it is important to demonstrate your motives in this debate.   i.e.,   that you really want to know the truths of the universe, instead of just that ego postulating game that men get into.  i stay on track.  i don't get sidetracked.  when a person asks me to defend my position, i will.  i won't go in 50 different directions in hopes that it kills the debate,  so that i don't have to deal with what's presented to me.  that's why i asked you,  because it is efficient in demonstrating your intent.

yes or no?    do you want me to demonstrate the aspects of prophecy that i "claim" man cannot manipulate?

i will be back later on today to see if you will stand up to the challenge that you instigated..........vision

Be my guest, but If you start with Bible quotes, then the game is over. I'm not gonna keep repeating myself over and over.

For centuries, the greatest minds have debated this subject, and no proof has ever surfaced. If you can do better, be my guest.

I've had debates like this for about 15 to 17 years now, and no one has ever proved anything to me, or anyone else. You can't prove something that is faith based. But give it a shot if you want to.

You already tried with the 300 Jesus prophecy, and discounted the contents of the article I posted that cleared up some of the claims made by believers. If you read the article, there were a few examples, but i guess you don't want to believe those either. Nothing will convince you, and I said from the beginning that I'm not here to convert or convince anybody. Just putting my 2 cents in...that's all.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2010, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

The debate will continue but once you die you will get your answer..... Hitchins will, Dawkins will,  we all will get the "answer".  Unfortunately for them they will never be able to apologize they were mistaken,... or say nanny nanny boo boo we were right.

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: June 20, 2010, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

The debate will continue but once you die you will get your answer..... Hitchins will, Dawkins will,  we all will get the "answer".  Unfortunately for them they will never be able to apologize they were mistaken,... or say nanny nanny boo boo we were right.

And of course, you know this for a fact, right? Of course you do...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8359 Posts
                            Posted: June 20, 2010, 6:09 pm - IP Logged
                            Christianity isn't so much about belief of proof it's about ones acceptance in the faith that god exists that if you follow the teachings of the religion you find beneficial to your over well being. It's a commitment you make as an individual to cleanse yourself of any evil thoughts, deeds, or sins and to make each day forward from there in the purist form of the faith. To do good to make the vessel ready for the next life so your soul will enter the kingdom without fear of going to hell. And well if you fully accept the cause to become a disciple of the religion and try to convert non believers and to minister to the members and non members of the religion.

Now to switch gears a little i think religion was a way for the leaders of early earth time to control the masses. The people were more or less forced to accept whatever religion that was going down in their area. And that continued for 1500 plus years after Christ died. Now religion is an acceptable way for people to live over 90% of the world populace believes in god.
                              RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3962 Posts
                              Posted: June 20, 2010, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

And of course, you know this for a fact, right? Of course you do...

joker17

They don't understand what you are saying,  I can and do.   I also beleive In God and His son.  And I must

confess that I have no proof.   I must beleive by faith and if I say I have proof then I sin because whatsover

is not of Faith is sin.  I like you don't say there is or is not a God based on any proof, I also do not Think the

Bible as some think was written by God.  I do however Think that many who wrote the bible had a

relationship with God and wrote their experience down for others.  I pray almost every day and talk with

God, I have read and studied the bible more than most preachers.  I really like your post, as it shows more

deep thinking then the replies given in responce.  Everything I am and that I have ever learned, I thank God

for and I never feel or want to feel alone.  I know Something larger than myself is always present even when

I can see nothing.  I will not judge you as being wrong and I will not judge them right as this is somthing

that only God has the right to do.  As Jesus said "woman, where are thy accusers"  We judge each other

without thinking and in doing so we make ourselves equal with God.  I can say to myself that "maybe God is

dealing with him" and let it go with that.  If you were ever to ask me what I thought of this or that, then

I will be glad to share what I beleive.  I know nothing as I should and in this I am made humble.  As for

the rest of the posters God needs none of us to prove that he IS.  And consider what you say and in what

spirit you say it.  In hope by faith I could say very much here that would not be belived even by the 

belivers but will not.  I was once in the same mind set as Joker and had the very same questions,  one

day they were answered.  God is doing much more than you know and your time could be far better

spent.  Those of you that understand this need not reply. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Page 9 of 29