Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 68 of 78
PrintE-mailLink
visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
light on my feet
United States
Member #356
May 20, 2002
2744 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2010, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

PEOPLE win money in lottery games because they play no higher power is involved no matter  what they say  especially when you consider  that many people of religion  feel  that gambling  is a sin and say it's in the bible so why is he involved in the lottery  if  his books  says it's sinful?? I know for a fact there is no reference too gambling  of  any kind being a sin but many followers beleive it is so I guess it's a matter of religious  opinion.

because the 'lottery' arena of life isn't any different than anything else in ones life,  and if one is following Christ,  then that person is concerned about making right choices, and NOT pursuing something outside Gods plan for their lives.

God is very much concerned about the distribution of our time and money,  and doesn't want us wasting either.

the beauty of a relationship with God is that only God knows the future,  and because He does,  He can tell us (if we are listening) to pursue something, or not.

you keep demanding that God has nothing to do with the lottery,  and it's mans pursuit / efforts alone,  and that is not true.

many a believer (of which you are not) knows for a fact that God is intimately involved in every area of our life,  including the lottery.

if such a thing happens in a believers life,  they know it could have only come about by God allowing it.

just because you or anyone else doesn't want to believe God can orchaestrate such things in a persons life,   doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

He is God,  and He can do anything He wants up and down the scale of what you and "others"  feloniously add up as "good or bad".

like God "can't"   do something like that.    if He is God,   that statement doesn't even make intellectual sense

just because you don't believe it,   doesn't mean that negates a truth.   you cannot singlehandedly eliminate the experience of millions just because you refuse to believe it,  you will just never experience the peace of knowing He "could".....if He wanted to

anytime He wants...

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Anyone that thinks 8 items + 3fers not proved on Lottery Post in a head-to-head test with self-picks and quick-picks would be believed by me, is a fool!

Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.

really?      what part of what i said "has not been proven" ?

you accused me of comparing what i said about the God thing after joker opened up that can of worms (i didn't) with it being "equal"  to the PP vs QP debacle?     

what integrity planet do you live on truecrtic?   

they are two completely different topics.

joker went off on himself,  like he always eventually does,  and "demanded"  i "proved"  my claims about God,  and that challenge has nothing to do with PP's vs QP's.

and you called me a "fool".

that's laughable

you cannot even seperate truth from people

light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Yup.

way to go jarasan. 

HIGH5    Thumbs Up  Thumbs Down

in earlier posts / threads you claimed allegiance / belief in Jesus Christ,  and yet when somebody slams God publically on this board, you high 5 them over what i said that VINDICATED Christ.

i realize we aren't BFF's over me not being PP's friendly,  but for you to pick people popularity over Jesus Christ was nasty

you would think that what Christ did for you personally  ,  that you would put personal biases aside and not take the "opposers"  side.

maybe you don't believe what you think you do,  or you care more about what people think - then what you believe.

you may not like me,  but the LAST THING you ever do if you believe that Christ is who He said He was,  is to lend "creedence"  to those who would have zero conscience about throwing Him under the integrity bus

i can understand that people don't want to do what i have to do in here by defending Jesus Christ to those who would challenge His claims,  because of the wrestling match / effort it takes,  or they are more "concerned"  about their appearance before men over the importance OF defending Him,   but either remain silent about it because "you don't want to",  or get out of the way.........but never as a "believer"    does one ever help the "accusers"   cause

pick truth OVER "people"

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

you can thank joker for this wonderful sideshow descent from what we were "discussing" (PP's vs QP's").

this is exactly what i was saying in my response to tech's assertion that it was "me"  that causes these scenarios, and just like i stated  before     ------>  i don't start this stuff,  but when challenged,  i will defend it to the Nth degree against any and all "comers",  should it descend that far.

joker went off like he always does because the guy can't control himself,  and now we have this.

i am a finisher,  and completely undeterred from whatever it is i need to do per the circumstances,  no matter HOW MANY throw themselves at me,  i will answer the "charges".    so don't blame me for it going this way.

seems the piranahs smell blood, and in circling me they "think"  they will chew me up and spit me out

au contraire

......i will do whatever the situation portends,   even if i have to do it all alone

bring it,  but don't blame me for this thread going down this road.

i am a first responder,  not an instigator

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2010, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

way to go jarasan. 

in earlier posts / threads you claimed allegiance / belief in Jesus Christ,  and yet when somebody slams God publically on this board, you high 5 them over what i said that VINDICATED Christ.

i realize we aren't BFF's over me not being PP's friendly,  but for you to pick people popularity over Jesus Christ was nasty

you would think that what Christ did for you personally  ,  that you would put personal biases aside and not take the "opposers"  side.

maybe you don't believe what you think you do,  or you care more about what people think - then what you believe.

you may not like me,  but the LAST THING you ever do if you believe that Christ is who He said He was,  is to lend "creedence"  to those who would have zero conscience about throwing Him under the integrity bus

i can understand that people don't want to do what i have to do in here by defending Jesus Christ to those who would challenge His claims,  because of the wrestling match / effort it takes,  or they are more "concerned"  about their appearance before men over the importance OF defending Him,   but either remain silent about it because "you don't want to",  or get out of the way.........but never as a "believer"    does one ever help the "accusers"   cause

pick truth OVER "people"

JC hath nothing to do with this self picky quick picky convo,  that is all.   Your keyboard is your undoing.  The keyboard and beligerence is jokers undoing.  I tried to derail the religious convo by adding stupid humor,  did you know JC has a sense of humor?  He (HE) don't like jammin though, guaranteed............like jammin' stuff down peoples throats.

Joker refuses to acknowledge his mortality, or lose an argument,  it is, what it is.  Lighten up everybody,  the plucking must end.

United States
            Member #68002
            December 10, 2008
            477 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2010, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

LET'S GET BACK  too  discussing lottery stuff  all this  religious talk is making me very "ILL"

light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2010, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

JC hath nothing to do with this self picky quick picky convo,  that is all.   Your keyboard is your undoing.  The keyboard and beligerence is jokers undoing.  I tried to derail the religious convo by adding stupid humor,  did you know JC has a sense of humor?  He (HE) don't like jammin though, guaranteed............like jammin' stuff down peoples throats.

Joker refuses to acknowledge his mortality, or lose an argument,  it is, what it is.  Lighten up everybody,  the plucking must end.

"JC hath nothing to do with this self picky quick picky convo"

exactly.

anybody with a remote semblance of integrity can peruse 60+ pages of posts and see i purposefully avoided infusing my "religious beliefs"  into the debate about PP's vs QP's,   because i didn't want "you guys"  to whine that i play the sidetrack game "you guys" play.

i stayed the SINGLE course for 60+ pages,  referring to my "religious beliefs" only when someone else (tech)  brought it up,  and of course then i AM going to defend it.

even then,  i reigned it in,  compared to what that opportunity could have allowed me to go at that time.

why?   because i am shy about it?  obviously not.    it's because i stay on track, until such time as someone else decides to try their hand at punking me out.   homie don't play that eventual tune

JC does have a "sense of humor",  but he doesn't take kindly to those who would align themselves with the "haters"  over the in-the-moment defense of who He is.

it wasn't under the guise of "humor"

you aligned yourself with truecritic,   in the midst of him throwing Christ under the bus

i wouldn't expect a guy like you TO defend me,  but i would expect you to NOT align yourself with those people over that subject matter

light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2010, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

LET'S GET BACK  too  discussing lottery stuff  all this  religious talk is making me very "ILL"

you are going to whine "it's making me ill"  when you are one of the biggest instigators of it in here?

that's laughable.

you start stuff,  but it will END when you (and the others)  quit "starting stuff"

soon as you saw joker draw first blood,  you jumped into the fray like you couldn't wait to taste it.

now,  you think it's up to you to make it cease.

here is another integrity clue......if you start something......FINISH IT,  or be prepared to be highlighted for not doing so until "it"  ends

what's really laughable.......is people like you thinking you are going to take swings at me in here like this latest one,  and you are not going to pay for attempting it.

don't build a wrestling ring,  step in it,  and wave your little "come hither"  finger and expect me to hide in the locker room.

you guys create a pay-per-view event,  count me in

all the way in

you can wrestle amongst yourselves for "head billing".    tag team yourselves for all i care.

once somebody ELSE "rings the bell",  i stay till the curtains are drawn

it's what i do

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2010, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

way to go jarasan. 

pick truth OVER "people"

Truecritics statement could be interpeted differently depending on who is reading it.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                    FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2010, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Couldn't the whole Quick Pick / Player Pick (System) controversy be solved with statistics?

According to the latest back and forth:

Quick Picks account for 70% of the tickets sold and 70% of the winning tickets.

Player Picks account for 30% of the tickets sold and 30% of the winning tickets.

That outcome would be and is in accordance with the odds.

My question then is this:

If one method of play is better, wouldn't it's winning percentage fare better than it's sales percentage?

For instance, if Player Picks are better, shouldn't they garner maybe 35 to 40% of the winners while only accounting for 30% of the sales?

If neither method  beats the odds of winning percentage vs. sales percentage, how is one better than the other? 

As it stands now, if the percentages are correct, Player Picks win at the same dumb luck rate as Quick Picks

It would seem to me that in order to have a definitive answer, one would have to find a little edge, a little bulge in the percentage of wins vs. sales on a consistent basis to prove the superiority of one style of play over the other.

Or am I nuts?

Back to the original post...I agree with you ridge...the outcome will be in accordance to the odds.  An individual may do better one way or the other, but the group statistics would remain the same.  For proof of that one only has to check the pick 3/4 prediction boards at LP where most predictors pick their own numbers.  As a group the LP board performs as well as quick picks, winning .50 back for every 1.00 spent.  There are individuals within that group who do better, worse, or the same...but the group stats remain the same as quick picks.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2010, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Back to the original post...I agree with you ridge...the outcome will be in accordance to the odds.  An individual may do better one way or the other, but the group statistics would remain the same.  For proof of that one only has to check the pick 3/4 prediction boards at LP where most predictors pick their own numbers.  As a group the LP board performs as well as quick picks, winning .50 back for every 1.00 spent.  There are individuals within that group who do better, worse, or the same...but the group stats remain the same as quick picks.

Which supports what I've been saying here since I arrived.  The lottery is a Point Five Game, and it's pretty darn Random!

United States
                        Member #68002
                        December 10, 2008
                        477 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2010, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Yes it  is random but that doesn't  mean you can't win using a  system,strategy or software if  quick-picks and lucky numbers work then so can the  methods  I mentioned

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2010, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Yes it  is random but that doesn't  mean you can't win using a  system,strategy or software if  quick-picks and lucky numbers work then so can the  methods  I mentioned

Please see this post and the quoted post it refers to...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1747787

P.S.  Yes, your PPs will do as good as QPs.

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: August 20, 2010, 12:24 am - IP Logged

He's not MIA. He's actually been very busy. I understand that you might think that would be evidenced by millions of people eating well on a few fish and some bread instead of starving, but open your eyes and look for the other signs of his divine and almighty presence. What about the hundreds of people who have won lottery jackpots? We know it was his handiwork because many of those people thanked him. What about the thousands who have gotten cancer and not died like the vast majority who had it? We know he cured them because many of those people thanked him for curing them. All you have to do to see the evidence is to want to see it.

Are you freaking serious? OMG!!!!

I thought Visiondude was delusional....Boy....you make Visiondude look like he actually understand what I wrote.

I'm not even gonna waste my time on this one.....

At first I thought you were using satire, but as I read I realized you were serious.

Thud

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: August 20, 2010, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Visiondude, all I can say is to get some help. Because I can't help you understand. I'm tired of beating a dead horse and I made my points clear.

GET HELP !

Page 68 of 78