Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 67 of 78
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #68002
December 10, 2008
477 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2010, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

HEY JOKER17

i knew you would pull your throw everything at me at one time methodology,  because you can't stick on point and see one thing thru to the end.

I've  been accused  of this so many times in religious chatrooms THERE are no rules when your  discussing this stuff the opposition  does  the same thing bring up everything and the kitchen  sink too try and  prove there beliefs are  valid

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2010, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

HEY JOKER17

i knew you would pull your throw everything at me at one time methodology,  because you can't stick on point and see one thing thru to the end.

I've  been accused  of this so many times in religious chatrooms THERE are no rules when your  discussing this stuff the opposition  does  the same thing bring up everything and the kitchen  sink too try and  prove there beliefs are  valid

Ha ha ha ha ha aha ha aha ha...You forgot my smoke screen tactics....lol

Sorry Visiondude...too many facts for you to deal with?...awwwwwI'm sorry.

He won't have facts. His facts are some old writings, just like all the other religion's old writings claiming they have a monopoly on truth.

I want facts Visiondude. Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. It takes 8 and1/3 minutes for the sun's light to reach Earth That's a fact. Not something some 80 year old nomad living in the desert who didn't know anything but how to pick his nose wrote 2,000 years ago.

United States
      Member #68002
      December 10, 2008
      477 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2010, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

JOKER17

I wonder how you go about proving  that a serpent  had the gift of speech as well as a donkey and people were being raised from the grave by some regular folks just like  jesus  did,was  gambling allowed back then???

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2010, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

JOKER17

I wonder how you go about proving  that a serpent  had the gift of speech as well as a donkey and people were being raised from the grave by some regular folks just like  jesus  did,was  gambling allowed back then???

It's actually very simple. If it's written in a book, then it's got to be true right? God has unlimited power and can perform miracles beyond understanding.

It's just that in the past 2,000 years to the present, God has been on vacation since the the black plague, the crusades, the hundreds of millions who have died prematurely in poor countries from malnutrition, and disease, 3 world wars, and many other devastations that he could've intervened like he did in the Bible.

It was more important to raise Lazarus from the dead, than to save billions in the future from untimely deaths.

It was more important for the walls of Jericho to come a tumbling down.

I don't know about you LotteryTechnic, but I haven't seen the skies open up lately and God save anyone or any group.

Maybe there is a God, but I'd be very interested as to his explanation on why he had so much divine intervention back then, and why he's been MIA since....

Hmmm.......

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
          light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2010, 1:28 am - IP Logged

HEY JOKER17

that's because it's chicken aversion tactics.

instead of staying the course on one subject until it's logical (or illlogical) conclusion to see how it fairly shakes out over time,  "you guys"   pull this spray em from every angle so that people like me can't cover it all.

then "you guys"  can walk around feloniously high fiving yourself on some "perceived"  victory.

it's chicken to play the game that way,  and no courtroom in the country (even as backward as our justice system is at times)  would not allow this tactic to prevail when getting down to the nitty grtty of "truth and proof".

even horrible defense attorneys that pull that garbage would be reigned in,  and scolded to stay on topic

it demonstrates weakness in your game thatt both of you would pull this garbage.

i am willing to go down any road either of you can dream of,  but one at a time,  until both sides  completely hash it out until the end on the first subject at hand

you are already pulling your hit and run,  moving from subject to subject and "high fiving" each other.

how about you joker,  since you started it,  you finish it and truthfully answer my "rebuttal".

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2010, 1:54 am - IP Logged

It is entirely too funny that someone can accept God without any proof but cannot accept that a self-pick lottery ticket can be better than a quick-pick.  They accept God based on what they hear or read, from what people say.  They don't accept self-picks based on what they hear or read, from what we have said.

are you going to throw your hat into this ring too,  truecritic?

i never said there isn't any varifiable proof.   

that's joker's statement,  and now because you opened yourself up in here comment - wise,  what do you believe? 

seems if my memory and reading skills serve me correctly,   you expressed belief in God in some of your posts i have read.

so in effect,  if that were true,  you would have to throw yourself under the bus you just attempted to throw me under.

don't speak on behalf,  because i know there are tons of proof in several arena's of life including outside the bible's predilections of what people like joker call "faith based only"  truth.

i don't hang my eternal destiny on anyone else,  knowing full well i cannot "blame"  someone else for my "guess",  so in deciding that fact,  i am smart enough to believe factual history based evidence over "faith".

the faith issue leaves it WIDE open to interpretation, feelings, emotions,  comfort levels .....and i refuse to do that knowing there is only one solid way of deseminating this information by going by evidence first.

and if there is one thing God has done (for those who would be willing to accept it by ambivalence)  is to create evidence.

prerecorded history.

a person can only lie it "didn't exist"

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3502 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2010, 1:58 am - IP Logged

It's actually very simple. If it's written in a book, then it's got to be true right? God has unlimited power and can perform miracles beyond understanding.

It's just that in the past 2,000 years to the present, God has been on vacation since the the black plague, the crusades, the hundreds of millions who have died prematurely in poor countries from malnutrition, and disease, 3 world wars, and many other devastations that he could've intervened like he did in the Bible.

It was more important to raise Lazarus from the dead, than to save billions in the future from untimely deaths.

It was more important for the walls of Jericho to come a tumbling down.

I don't know about you LotteryTechnic, but I haven't seen the skies open up lately and God save anyone or any group.

Maybe there is a God, but I'd be very interested as to his explanation on why he had so much divine intervention back then, and why he's been MIA since....

Hmmm.......

He's not MIA. He's actually been very busy. I understand that you might think that would be evidenced by millions of people eating well on a few fish and some bread instead of starving, but open your eyes and look for the other signs of his divine and almighty presence. What about the hundreds of people who have won lottery jackpots? We know it was his handiwork because many of those people thanked him. What about the thousands who have gotten cancer and not died like the vast majority who had it? We know he cured them because many of those people thanked him for curing them. All you have to do to see the evidence is to want to see it.

light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Prerecorded history?....You mean what MEN wrote in books thousands of years ago?

Don't bother me with bronze age scribblings by illiterate folks who didn't have a clue about anything, as proof. Your wasting your time.

you bet "what men wrote".

......because it's a lame excuse that "it isn't valid" because men wrote it thousands of years ago.

if you were to hold to that as a valid "excuse",  you would have to imply the same integrity de-validation process and disregard every single thing ever written from 2 seconds ago backwards - all the way back to the beginnning of history.

you couldn't "trust"  your own geneaology because of "illiterate"  people in your family tree

you cannot live a truthful life,  and exclude something just because you don't want it to be true,  and that's what you attempt to do with this aspect of recorded history.

pretty funny that you put so much 'stock' in what you called "prerecorded"  aspects of history that preceded the time of Christ,  but yet
                "bronze age scribbling"  gets dropped off the integrity radar screen because you don't like it. 

you can't even hold to your own rediculous accusations

"illiterate"?     in some cases,  actually yes.    but those people surpass your integrity about history like a speeding bullet train,  because even when they were at odds with God in that "prerecorded history",  they still told the truth,  even when the truth was unfavorable to them.

something you never do.

declaration of independance.   a prerecorded historical document varifiable / readable by the average joe even till this day?

i challenge you to prove it exists,  and it's was prerecorded in history by man

not according to your rediculous excuse

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Ha ha ha ha ha aha ha aha ha...You forgot my smoke screen tactics....lol

Sorry Visiondude...too many facts for you to deal with?...awwwwwI'm sorry.

He won't have facts. His facts are some old writings, just like all the other religion's old writings claiming they have a monopoly on truth.

I want facts Visiondude. Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. It takes 8 and1/3 minutes for the sun's light to reach Earth That's a fact. Not something some 80 year old nomad living in the desert who didn't know anything but how to pick his nose wrote 2,000 years ago.

i can more than handle anything you can manufacture.

your game can't possibly match your ego.

you throw out as much garbage as the thread will allow at the time,  then you get the confrontation you come looking for,  then you crawl back under your rock for while.  big whoop

tell you what,  when you show you actually have integrity in this matter,  and actually refute the information i am going to give you that i said i would on the intial subject matter,  i would be more than willing to go down any rode on any thing you can come up,  so long as you don't play your chicken spray the board with everything you can,  and then run away game.

one at a time.

you game? 

of course your not,  because you never do stay in it.

your a hit a run integrity ain't,  and nothing more

60+ pages pretty much all by myself.   that's comittment

light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2010, 2:41 am - IP Logged

He's not MIA. He's actually been very busy. I understand that you might think that would be evidenced by millions of people eating well on a few fish and some bread instead of starving, but open your eyes and look for the other signs of his divine and almighty presence. What about the hundreds of people who have won lottery jackpots? We know it was his handiwork because many of those people thanked him. What about the thousands who have gotten cancer and not died like the vast majority who had it? We know he cured them because many of those people thanked him for curing them. All you have to do to see the evidence is to want to see it.

not true.

"faith based"  is a wide open anything goes possibility subjective to each individual,  whereas prerecorded history can't be refuted,  especially when it comes full circle thousands of years after it was recorded.

especially even more "true",  when such asserted events were carried out by people who opposed any possiblity of "fulfillment".

oooo, KYfloyd (licking my chops).     appealing to your ego,  i recognize you are WAY more "intelligent"  than joker and techs family tree combined,   and it would be my pleasure to let your implied ego run free

i LOVE going toe to toe with the "anti's"  that are far more intelligent than me (or think they are),  armed only with my high school edumacation.

wait your turn,  and seeing how you started it with your sarcastic self,  i would more than love to go a few rounds wth you.

then we can see for ourselves "how intelligent"  you really think you are.

i will even let you pick the angle you want to start with

aren't i nice AND accomodating?

light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2010, 4:09 am - IP Logged

not using the joker excuse highway,   the 8 prophecies i said i would give.

i only included in these prophecies the component of the human element,  the human element that was opposed to Jesus Christ,  so joker cannot use the "it's interpretive/self fulfillment"  excuse out of his on the fly bag of excuse tricks

i will be more than glad to fill in the blanks as to when these were written,  and by whom.

recorded history.    no man can alter it,  or lie about it,   without eventually being exposed for attempting to do so...

(1) born in bethelehem.   not just "bethelehem",  but a specific part of it (you cannot plan the place of your OWN birth)

(2) his body pierced.  (by people who opposed him)

(3) spit upon (you cannot predict the human reactive emotion like that of someone you never met.  a chronic "spitter",  maybe.  a stranger, no)

(4) gambled for his clothing (another reactive on the spot unpredictable human emotion by those who OPPOSED Christ)

(5)  39 stripes across his back (not 38,  and not 40.  39.    did the guy picked to lash Christ decide to stop at "39" because he wanted to help Christ "self fulfill"?)

(6) crucified between criminals (crucifixion wasn't always carried out in plural form.   sometimes it was only one person.

how did there hapen to be "more than one"  that day.   maybe it's just coincedence

(7) plucked the hairs from his beard  (what?   who does that?    and how is THAT human reactive emotion "predictable".

joker,   when was the last time you heard of someone plucking someones beard while they were 'angry" at them?

self loathing does not count as an observed "event"

(8)  darkness over the land during daylight hours  (even carl sagan and george lucas on their best day couldn't pull that off in real life.   God can though.   and God could foretell He would pre-event.

for extra bonus points,  God did it right at the exact same time the crucifixion was going down.   prett good timing if you ask me.......pre AND post event.

***************************************************************************************

i said 8,  but i decided to throw in an extra one,  because i replicated ones that were wrought at the hands that opposed Christ (sans the where he was born reference),  and thought it would be appropriate to end tonights history lesson on a good note,  and replicate one of the most telling of all fulfilled prophecies.

wrought by the hands of those who adored Him.  who knew of the prophecies,  and were awaiting His birth.

this is actually a 3fer deal,   because it involves the fulfillment of 3 seperate prophecies at one time.

(1) where He was born

(2) exactly "when" He was born,  because God said He would position a star over the saviors birth place AT THE TIME OF BIRTH,   which guided the magi to the exact location,  and not just a general "city grid".

(3)  the came to WORSHIP Him,  and bring him gifts,   all 3 of which God prepredicted.

Matthew 2

1After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi[a] from the east came to Jerusalem 2and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east[b] and have come to worship him."

3When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. 4When he had called together all the people's chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Christ[c] was to be born. 5"In Bethlehem in Judea," they replied, "for this is what the prophet has written:
                       6" 'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
                             are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
                          for out of you will come a ruler
                             who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'[d]"

7Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. 8He sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him."

9After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east[e] went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. 12And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

********************************************************************************************

sorry joker.   pure unadulterated prercorded history trumps your wishful thinking "i don't WANT to believe it"   heart.

just think.......that's only "8"

now you can proceed to lie about it,   and say it either "isn't true",  or "it's bronze age",  or "it's illiterate crazy people high on opium"......or whatever lame excuse you want to manufacture.

i will be back tomorrow,  and i will read all your "latest excuses"  as to why you can't specifically deal with one thing at a time by refuting it

BTW,  wishing it weren't "true",   doesn't = a "refutation"

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #22395
                        September 24, 2005
                        1583 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2010, 5:51 am - IP Logged

Anyone that thinks 8 items + 3fers not proved on Lottery Post in a head-to-head test with self-picks and quick-picks would be believed by me, is a fool!

Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5587 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2010, 6:58 am - IP Logged

Anyone that thinks 8 items + 3fers not proved on Lottery Post in a head-to-head test with self-picks and quick-picks would be believed by me, is a fool!

Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.

Yup.

United States
                            Member #68002
                            December 10, 2008
                            477 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2010, 10:33 am - IP Logged

KY FLOYD

What about the hundreds of people who have won lottery jackpots? We know it was his handiwork because many of those people thanked him. What about the thousands who have gotten cancer and not died like the vast majority who had it? We know he cured them because many of those people thanked him for curing them. All you have to do to see the evidence is to want to see it.

I hear this all the time  so let me point somethinig out  to you that you may not  have thought  about before first of all why would a higher power  be involved with us playing the lottery?? just because they  thank him doesn't mean he helped them.Plus  take into consideration that many,many,many people are out of work or  living  check to  check and barely making ends meet where is there lottery jackpot?? why is this higher  power only helping  hundreds and not everyone that  needs  the money?? If it  really was a higher  power at work  then EVERYONE would be winning that needed it because for all  the hundreds that  have  won there are MORE  that haven't won and  a lot them  prayed for  it as  well.Now lets take a look at illnesses how come everyone isn't cured?? you just  pointed out that a vast majority have died  from cancer so how  come they died and the others  lived?? why is he showing favortism?? can he not  help everyone at the  same time?? is his power limited  can he not multitask?? or is it based on what particular religion your with?? if a higher  power were involved then  everyone that had cancer  or any other disease would be cured a loving creator would wanna  help all  of his children not just hundreds or thousands.And  once again  thanking him isn't proof he was involved I know of many people  that won money and got  over  a life threatening illness/ deadly disease and never prayed for  it so how did that happen?? who was involved with that??

United States
                              Member #68002
                              December 10, 2008
                              477 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2010, 10:36 am - IP Logged

PEOPLE win money in lottery games because they play no higher power is involved no matter  what they say  especially when you consider  that many people of religion  feel  that gambling  is a sin and say it's in the bible so why is he involved in the lottery  if  his books  says it's sinful?? I know for a fact there is no reference too gambling  of  any kind being a sin but many followers beleive it is so I guess it's a matter of religious  opinion.

Page 67 of 78