Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistically Speaking - QP's and PP's

Topic closed. 1161 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 70 of 78
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: August 20, 2010, 2:14 am - IP Logged

You say I overwhelmed you with too many subjects. OK, let's start with the most basic fundamental DUH!...How can the universe only be a few thousand years old, when light from distant galaxies reaching our eyes took billions of years?

Unless you can answer that most basic question, with a reasonable logically sound explanation, there is no way to continue.

You have to crawl before you can walk.

Can you answer it in a concise and succint fashion without evading the issue with long diatribes?

My answer is a resounding NO.....!!!

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: August 20, 2010, 2:24 am - IP Logged

3 strikes and you're out.

Can't answer a simple question.

Sorry dudeVision....You had your chance.

your not a real man,  joker.

your an aptly self named hit and run artist that can't ever finish what YOU start.

go ahead and reside in make believe land of perpetual perceived victory real estate.

anyone that actually HAS integrity,  that doesn't pick "people"  over "truth",   knows exactly the garbage you pulled in here.

you started it,  and now once again your attempting to blame me for not finishing it

your behavior is what's repeatable and predictable,  only it NEVER ends up in the "payoff column"

you are nothing more than the incarnation / combination of brett favre,  and the serial integrity spillage version of mr magoo of LP

you can't do what you say you are going to do,  and you "hit and run"  without conscience,  and act like you didn't "hit anything",  or don't care

i take that back,  and i owe mr magoo an apology.   he was ignorant,  where you know exactly what you ARE doing

grow a conscience joker.   your on your last leg of being able to even stand yourself.

self loathing,  and taking it out on others "for sport"  isn't a virtue

IT'S HEINOUS

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
      Member #81843
      October 31, 2009
      856 Posts
      Posted: August 20, 2010, 2:38 am - IP Logged

Praise be upon you,  self pickie! May blessings of self pickedness humble and luck us all up in that thing you do so good.

OHHHHH.........AHLLIWANNAISABIGWINNer!

rinse repeat 3x every day facing Gail Howard wherever she may be!

NOW THAT is funny! I am surprised the manic leg hump-hump did not jump all over that. Joker must be wearing his rubber boots to be getting the multi-colored highlighted text treatment.

The universe is some 6 billion years old, maybe that’s too many B’s, but it is B’s old. The book never said when the beginning was in years, but that is an accurate statement that it (the phsyical universe) started in the beginning.

Hey Vision Dude, if you are saving young ladies while teaching drivers ed, save a few for me.

DD

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2010, 3:16 am - IP Logged

(1) born in bethelehem.   not just "bethelehem",  but a specific part of it

I already posted a video that clearly showed how that story was plagiarised by many religions before and after Christ's time.

(2) his body pierced

More heresay.....

(3) spit upon

Again, heresay and debatable...

Same with number 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.....

Dude....You're trying to make an argument using sources from the very source I'm refuting. Try using your own words. Heck...copy and paste someone else's words, but for God sake, stop trying to explain things from the very same text I say I don't believe in.

I want proof, and you have once agin provided me with more goobly gook from a very unprovable source.

I'll give you one more shot to use your own brain and not what washed it.

(1)  lets say your "theory"  was correct,  in that within the pool of "wanna be's",  there actually was a person born in bethelehem,  the problem becomes as to whether or not they proved their "claim"  of being the Messiah,  by doing things only attributable TO the Messiah,  and there is only one man who has collectively fit that title throughout history,  and it was accoplished thru collective fulfillment. 

none of your other "examples"  have even come close to those collective accomplishments

i could go downtown where i live and eventually find someone who claims he is the "messiah",   but only one man proved it

bring for the actual examples of men who were born in bethelehem that claimed to be the "messiah",  and had God atrributes.

i say that's a manufactured lie,  where mine is provable thru prerecorded history.

until you show an actual person,  my history replication takes the first category

does it bother you that your supposed "example"  isn't even on the radar screen of history as far as having a spotlight on them currently?

(2) nope.  sorry.   eyewitness testimony recorded by someone on scene during stated "act".

and,  not only an eyewitness on scene varification,  but more importantly a prediction that it WOULD HAPPEN.....some  500 years  (around 500B.C.) before it happened by the prophet zachariah.

round 2 goes to history,  with an honorable mention to zachariah.

(3) nope again.  shoot,  even mel gibson in his most heinous drunken state knows this one,  and accurately replicated it the movie.  why?   how could he know,  he wasn't there. 

matthew was there,  saw it himself and wrote about it. 

the prophet isaiah was there also.  well,  sort of.  isaiah prophesied this unpredictable reactive human emotion would happen to the true Messiah,  as he foretold of that particular event some 700 years B.C.

joker,  you cannot even predict what you will do tomorrow with 100% accuracy

round 3 goes to replicated prerecorded history  (again)

(4) well,  you quit at #3,  and good move on your part,  because i can do what i did with numbers 1 -3  to the rest of the some 293 prophecies.

i AM a pretty resourceful guy,  blessed with an abundance of staying to the end fortiTUDE,  so i obviously "can"

you see,  even you can't argue against prerecorded history, because it's well,  "prerecorded".

your best "hope"  is to con a Christian into not using "history",  therefore hoping that  history can magically "disappear".

trouble is,  whatever you feel about the bible,  one things entirely 100% true,  is that it's an "historical document"  that one can easily read for themselves to see if isaiah and zachariah actually stated those things PRE Christ.

scorecard recap,   true history got 3 tonight,  and you got zip

that is until you can bring forth this "pretender messiah"  from bethelehem you say you have in the bag

you won't,  because there isn't one

guys like you MANUFACTURE "history"

some guy,  who didn't even live in that culture at that time,  supposedly knew some guy would spit on another "guy"  in some anger reactive manner,  some 700 years prior?

semi impressive,  but hey,  someones bound to spit on someone sometime from now until 700 years from now,  so that stand alone fact is really / truthfully only "semi impressive".

what moves it from the "semi impressive" category into the straight up ASTOUNDING "category",  is all the other prophecies that came to pass as well.

collectively speaking,  each and every one adds up to being who He claimed to be.

one time occurances.  you may be able to write them off as "coincidence"

not 300 of them. 

300 with 100%  accuracy i might add

not unless you lie to yourself "it isn't true".

now do you wish you didn't allow me to "teach",  joker?

or would you like me to go on,  because you cannot help yourself?

be glad to

you made the assretion there was some dude claiming to have lived in bethelehem PRE Christ,  who claimed to be the messiah..........BRING THAT "DUDE"  FORTH

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: August 20, 2010, 3:27 am - IP Logged

NOW THAT is funny! I am surprised the manic leg hump-hump did not jump all over that. Joker must be wearing his rubber boots to be getting the multi-colored highlighted text treatment.

The universe is some 6 billion years old, maybe that’s too many B’s, but it is B’s old. The book never said when the beginning was in years, but that is an accurate statement that it (the phsyical universe) started in the beginning.

Hey Vision Dude, if you are saving young ladies while teaching drivers ed, save a few for me.

DD

"Hey Vision Dude, if you are saving young ladies while teaching drivers ed, save a few for me"

you know,  even as well i can read people,   and can tell who they really are over time vs what they "claim" to be,   even i didn't "see"  that you were a trolling pervert.

PLURAL,  so polygamy no less

good to know.

another DD gem

those DDisms just keep on a rollin.

i already knew your "bible scholar"  pretending didn't match the REAL "dd"

this guy is such a gem of humanity,  even he can't catch himself before he "slips" the real DD out for full public view.

who publically states they desire teenage girls?

do me a favor,  well actually my teenage girl drivers a FAVOR,  and let us now where you live,  so we can AVOID your neighborhood.

are you "registered"?

you should be (on soooo many levels)

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: August 20, 2010, 3:42 am - IP Logged

You say I overwhelmed you with too many subjects. OK, let's start with the most basic fundamental DUH!...How can the universe only be a few thousand years old, when light from distant galaxies reaching our eyes took billions of years?

Unless you can answer that most basic question, with a reasonable logically sound explanation, there is no way to continue.

You have to crawl before you can walk.

Can you answer it in a concise and succint fashion without evading the issue with long diatribes?

My answer is a resounding NO.....!!!

your replicating what scientists theorize about light taking "that long",  yet you equate Gods abilities with mans instrument inventions,  as if God is hancuffed by scientific instruments.

all He did was SPEAK IT into existence.

it didn't take "billions"  of years.

if anything,  it took something more like a millisecond

steven hawking didn't "create the world",  and scientists only "guess"  they know what happened

Jesus Christ did,  and i go to Him for those "go to"  questions about "how'd they do that"?

don't bother asking DD though,  he is too busy salivating over underage girls,  and he is concerned now with possible prison time.

what's that old saying........"15 i'll getcha 20"

gee,  i wonder how "popular"  DD would be in prison with his over inflated ego?   naw,  i don't want a mental image of that

you have to get away with having to wrap your brain around something,  before you can "believe it".

i have ZERO problem "believing" God can do anything He wants to.

from instantly creating any aspect of the universe,  to including within the framework of His will,  someone that belongs to Hi winning the lottery,  and everywhere up and down that "qualification scale".

knowing God personally,  one CAN speak from that perspective.

but if all you ever do is work to "not believe",  you will wind up "guessing"...

....just like "accredited  scientists" do

you only covered 3 (techinically speaking)  of the prophecies i gave to you for your consideration.

any comment on the odds of one man in history fulfilling all 300?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2010, 5:12 am - IP Logged

Back to the original post...I agree with you ridge...the outcome will be in accordance to the odds.  An individual may do better one way or the other, but the group statistics would remain the same.  For proof of that one only has to check the pick 3/4 prediction boards at LP where most predictors pick their own numbers.  As a group the LP board performs as well as quick picks, winning .50 back for every 1.00 spent.  There are individuals within that group who do better, worse, or the same...but the group stats remain the same as quick picks.

Thanks Rick.

So the debate would then necessarily involve individual performance, consistency and the individual's perception of success.

Oh, no.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2010, 5:19 am - IP Logged

DD

It breaches!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2010, 5:47 am - IP Logged

your replicating what scientists theorize about light taking "that long",  yet you equate Gods abilities with mans instrument inventions,  as if God is hancuffed by scientific instruments.

steven hawking didn't "create the world",  and scientists only "guess"  they know what happened

Jesus Christ did,  and i go to Him for those "go to"  questions about "how'd they do that"?

don't bother asking DD though,  he is too busy salivating over underage girls,  and he is concerned now with possible prison time.

gee,  i wonder how "popular"  DD would be in prison with his over inflated ego?   naw,  i don't want a mental image of that

you have to get away with having to wrap your brain around something,  before you can "believe it".

from instantly creating any aspect of the universe,  to including within the framework of His will,  someone that belongs to Hi winning the lottery,  and everywhere up and down that "qualification scale".

but if all you ever do is work to "not believe",  you will wind up "guessing"...

you only covered 3 (techinically speaking)  of the prophecies i gave to you for your consideration.

I won't engage in some long drawn out religious argument with you but I have to tell you that sounds like one of the most foolish explanations I ever heard. 

That's not proof.  All these 6 thousand years (according to you), and that is the best you can come up with?

I'll even buy 10 QPs and see if God can make all 10 of them winners!  That would be the test.  If that happens, then I'll believe your foolish ideas!

BTW - quote  (1) born in bethelehem.   not just "bethelehem",  but a specific part of it

It's Bethlehem - at least show some respect to your religion and beliefs!  Look it up if you can't spell it.

Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.

United States
                    Member #68002
                    December 10, 2008
                    477 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2010, 9:12 am - IP Logged

"JOKER17"

And "AMEN" Peace  be with you "brother"   may the  god  of the lottery  answer your  prayer!!!

United States
                      Member #68002
                      December 10, 2008
                      477 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2010, 9:25 am - IP Logged

"DR65"

LotteryTechInc, it's not the gambling that's the sin. If done in excess, where other things are negatively impacted by it, then it is a sin.

I personally believe that anything done in excess which negatively affects the person or others around him  is just a BAD choice they  made by letting  it get out of hand.There are "some" people that do things in excess  and for  some odd reason  they are able too keep it together so it doesn't affect them personally or others.But technically the sin thing only applies too believers anything I do that is considered a sin under  religion doesn't apply too me because I DO not follow  that belief you can't  automatically apply religious beliefs on others especially if they follow a totally different belief or they choose not too follow anything,so  anything I do that is negative isn't a sin just  a bad choice.

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: August 20, 2010, 9:58 am - IP Logged

your replicating what scientists theorize about light taking "that long

This is exactly what I wrote about in other pages and threads. You people discount science, yet in other areas will use science to your advantage, which BTW always backfires. You in particular may not use it, but they're out there.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a FACT, not a theory, that light travels at 186,000 miles per second. They have very precise instruments that measure it.

You people make me laugh. You go about your everyday lives using technology based products and services which all started out as a scientific study. That is the most pathetic part of the debate.

When science benefits your daily lives as convienience or even saving your dang life in a hospital with machines, you give it no thought. You have a strong belief in science, yet when it's applied to religion, science is all of a sudden junk.

You'll have to make up your minds. Either you believe in science, or you don't. If you don't believe, then stop living off of science, and go be a nomad in the desert, living off the land.

If the sun blew up at this very moment, no one would know for about 8 and a third minutes. Now take that FACT, and post it on your bedroom wall.

God forbid anything bad should happen to you Visiondude, and you need radiation therapy, you can thank SCIENCE for saving your life.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: August 20, 2010, 10:27 am - IP Logged

your replicating what scientists theorize about light taking "that long

This is exactly what I wrote about in other pages and threads. You people discount science, yet in other areas will use science to your advantage, which BTW always backfires. You in particular may not use it, but they're out there.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a FACT, not a theory, that light travels at 186,000 miles per second. They have very precise instruments that measure it.

You people make me laugh. You go about your everyday lives using technology based products and services which all started out as a scientific study. That is the most pathetic part of the debate.

When science benefits your daily lives as convienience or even saving your dang life in a hospital with machines, you give it no thought. You have a strong belief in science, yet when it's applied to religion, science is all of a sudden junk.

You'll have to make up your minds. Either you believe in science, or you don't. If you don't believe, then stop living off of science, and go be a nomad in the desert, living off the land.

If the sun blew up at this very moment, no one would know for about 8 and a third minutes. Now take that FACT, and post it on your bedroom wall.

God forbid anything bad should happen to you Visiondude, and you need radiation therapy, you can thank SCIENCE for saving your life.

It is clear you are a pseudo wanna be scientist.  You confuse theory, facts, measurements, approximations, observations, etc.....................consistently,  that is a "fact" drawn from observation,  no measurement needed.  Any real scientist will tell you any quantity or measurement is not a fact but an approximation as close as it can be measured.  For eg. the speed of light as you so often tout is not 186,000 MPH it is actually CLOSER to 186,262 MPH but you can go further...................  we will never know the "exact" speed of light.........................only God knows that.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: August 20, 2010, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Sounds like the debate about quick picks verses self/personal picks is settled and its a draw.  You can win with either but QPs involve less effort and no thought so it's the choice of 70-80% of players.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: August 20, 2010, 10:43 am - IP Logged

It is clear you are a pseudo wanna be scientist.  You confuse theory, facts, measurements, approximations, observations, etc.....................consistently,  that is a "fact" drawn from observation,  no measurement needed.  Any real scientist will tell you any quantity or measurement is not a fact but an approximation as close as it can be measured.  For eg. the speed of light as you so often tout is not 186,000 MPH it is actually CLOSER to 186,262 MPH but you can go further...................  we will never know the "exact" speed of light.........................only God knows that.

Splitting hairs will not answer the question. Either answer the question, or stop making a fool of yourself.

Boy I tell ya, both you and visionquest like to dig at the bottom of the pit to give an explanation, and that pit is getting deeper and deeper. What a shame.

Page 70 of 78