Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe in "lucky" stores?

Topic closed. 227 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 10 of 16
PrintE-mailLink

If there are 2 stores and one sells a lot of big winners and the other doesn't, where do you go?

The "lucky" store cuz it's "lucky" [ 29 ]  [30.21%]
The other store cuz it's due for a winner [ 14 ]  [14.58%]
Whichever store is most convenient [ 53 ]  [55.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 96 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

well joker,  at least you came out to fully play out your spillages this time.

must have been a little "claustrophobic"  under that rock you were under for awhile there.   shoot,  i bet bin laden has air conditioning / heating and satellite TV under his.    you could have made it "work".

but no,  the "last time" i offered to prove  to you that Jesus Christ is who He claimed to be from Gods word by systematically going thru the odds of one man in history fullfilling pre-predicted prophecy,  you cried Scared,  and ran for the hills.

BTW,  that "offer" is more than still on the table.   i would love nothing more than to slide that in front of your eyes,  and "see"  what excuse you dream up on the fly,  post history lesson.

i told you before,  i can more than handle anything you can manufacture as to it "not being true".

there is one thing i never do, and that's back out the side door just because something like this takes effort / time.

there isn't a scenario you can dream up,  that i can't handle.  given your history of messing with people in the "minor leagues" (knowledge wise),  that has to be some really bad news, eh?

there is only one caveat in me proceeding to demonstrate your not a man of "knowledge" per se,  but a man that spits out "anti's"  based on "already against"   bias.

do i handle you here,  in this thread,  for all to see,  and thereby flood this thread?     or you want it in a PM?

either way,  you bit off more than you can spit

for the record,  i could care less if anyone has a differeing opinion.     just don't be a jerk about it,  and you are

your a disrespectful 46 year old.   

you need to go to night college,  and take social interaction classes

let me know what you would like to do.    love,  VISION

I've said everything I need to say to you. I'm not repeating myself over and over. read what I wrote above. It says everything on my mind concerning religion.

When all of your denominations can come together as one, and when all religions can agree on one concept, maybe then I'll listen. until then, it's just fantasy made up in yours and everyone else's mind.

Believe what you want, just don't try to persuade me your version of God is the right one, and everyone else is wrong.

It's a very simple concept. They all can't be right....Period!

Case closed. Now go and argue with someone else. I already wrote what's on my mind above.

Delusions Delusions Delusions.....Crazy   Crazy   Crazy

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2010, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

I've said everything I need to say to you. I'm not repeating myself over and over. read what I wrote above. It says everything on my mind concerning religion.

When all of your denominations can come together as one, and when all religions can agree on one concept, maybe then I'll listen. until then, it's just fantasy made up in yours and everyone else's mind.

Believe what you want, just don't try to persuade me your version of God is the right one, and everyone else is wrong.

It's a very simple concept. They all can't be right....Period!

Case closed. Now go and argue with someone else. I already wrote what's on my mind above.

Delusions Delusions Delusions.....Crazy   Crazy   Crazy

So does that mean you think jihadists have luckier stores than crusaders?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2010, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I never answered that question, not because I ran to the hills like visiondude says, but because it was a rediculous question. Simply put, i'll answer your question anyways just to make you happy.

That is simply an interpretation form the Bible, to which YOU and millions of others adhere to.

Another reason I didn't answer your question is because I've written that above statement so many times before in the LP, that I thought I covered it already.

And for the record, If you also missed my numerous reflections on God, I never denied his existence. I only said that I don't believe in organized religion. I don't claim to know for a fact whether God exists or not. And if he does exist, I questioned why he allows 20,000 kids to die everyday, and other really hard questions that NO ONE can answer to my satisfaction, because they answer with more quotes from the Bible, not from their own mind. No one knows for sure. And if I claimed to know the secrets to the universe, I'd be just as guilty as the other 370 trillion religions out there claiming to have a monopoly on truth.

Give me a break already....

No you haven't.  You spin like a cetrifuge,  and oscillate like a broken arpeggiator.

God has been working on the children issue.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2010/05/24/Significant-drop-in-child-death-rate/UPI-76021274681973/

Significant drop in child death rate

Published: May 24, 2010 at 2:19 AM
      ArticleArticle
      ListenListen
      CommentsComments

SEATTLE, May 24 (UPI) -- The number of deaths in children age 5 and under worldwide dropped from 12 million in 1990 to 7.7 million in 2010, U.S. researchers said.

From 1990 to 2010, death rates in children declined by about 2 percent a year worldwide, but in parts of Latin America, north Africa and the Middle East rates declined as much as 6 percent a year, while one-third of child deaths occur in south Asia and about half in sub-Saharan Africa, The New York Times reported.

One of the study authors, Dr. Christopher J.L. Murray, director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington in Seattle, said the drop in child death rates was largely due to prevention efforts involving vaccines, vitamin A supplements, insecticide-treated bed nets to prevent malaria and women getting more education -- as well as better treatment for AIDS, diarrhea and pneumonia.

Newborn deaths account for 41 percent of all child deaths. The lowest death rates are in Singapore, 2.5 per 1,000 births, followed by Iceland at 2.6 per 1,000 births, while the most child deaths occur in Equatorial Guinea at 180 per 1,000 deaths and Chad at 168.7 per 1,000.

In developed countries, some of the worst rates occur in the United States and Britain at 6.7 per 1,000 deaths and 5.3 per 1,000 deaths, respectively.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: July 23, 2010, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

No you haven't.  You spin like a cetrifuge,  and oscillate like a broken arpeggiator.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2010/05/24/Significant-drop-in-child-death-rate/UPI-76021274681973/

ArticleArticle
        ListenListen
        CommentsComments

SEATTLE, May 24 (UPI) -- The number of deaths in children age 5 and under worldwide dropped from 12 million in 1990 to 7.7 million in 2010, U.S. researchers said.

From 1990 to 2010, death rates in children declined by about 2 percent a year worldwide, but in parts of Latin America, north Africa and the Middle East rates declined as much as 6 percent a year, while one-third of child deaths occur in south Asia and about half in sub-Saharan Africa, The New York Times reported.

One of the study authors, Dr. Christopher J.L. Murray, director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington in Seattle, said the drop in child death rates was largely due to prevention efforts involving vaccines, vitamin A supplements, insecticide-treated bed nets to prevent malaria and women getting more education -- as well as better treatment for AIDS, diarrhea and pneumonia.

Newborn deaths account for 41 percent of all child deaths. The lowest death rates are in Singapore, 2.5 per 1,000 births, followed by Iceland at 2.6 per 1,000 births, while the most child deaths occur in Equatorial Guinea at 180 per 1,000 deaths and Chad at 168.7 per 1,000.

In developed countries, some of the worst rates occur in the United States and Britain at 6.7 per 1,000 deaths and 5.3 per 1,000 deaths, respectively.

Wow, what a consolation....only 8 million instead of 12......awesome !!!!

Thanx to people, not God. It was humans who reduced the numbers.

You go and get stats, like that solves the multitude of questions unanswered. If you've read my past posts on the subject, the kids dying was just one of a myriad of questions that can't be answered. Only 8 million is not an answer. I already wrote my laundry list on other threads. But you tried at least....good...

BTW.....It's still over 20,000 a day. Actually about 22,000

http://www.globalissues.org/article/715/today-over-24000-children-died-around-the-world

Good, now God can start working on the multitude of religions issue......

Man, you just don't get it it do you?......Scary!!!!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 23, 2010, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

ArticleArticle
          ListenListen
          CommentsComments

He's only 46. His arpeggiator should still be oscillating just fine.

I'm older than him and hell, mine works fine.

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5583 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2010, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Wow, what a consolation....only 8 million instead of 12......awesome !!!!

Thanx to people, not God. It was humans who reduced the numbers.

You go and get stats, like that solves the multitude of questions unanswered. If you've read my past posts on the subject, the kids dying was just one of a myriad of questions that can't be answered. Only 8 million is not an answer. I already wrote my laundry list on other threads. But you tried at least....good...

BTW.....It's still over 20,000 a day. Actually about 22,000

http://www.globalissues.org/article/715/today-over-24000-children-died-around-the-world

Good, now God can start working on the multitude of religions issue......

Man, you just don't get it it do you?......Scary!!!!!

For whom the bell tolls.........................be ready.  We need you now more than ever joker please tell us how to prevent this.  You know,  the sea roaches get you if you drown off the coast in Maine  and on land the flies are first.

From The Onion:

World Death Rate Holding Steady At 100 Percent

Vatican Rescinds 'Blessed' Status Of World's Meek!

GENEVA, SWITZERLAND—World Health Organization officials expressed disappointment Monday at the group's finding that, despite the enormous efforts of doctors, rescue workers and other medical professionals worldwide, the global death rate remains constant at 100 percent.

Death, a metabolic affliction causing total shutdown of all life functions, has long been considered humanity's number one health concern. Responsible for 100 percent of all recorded fatalities worldwide, the condition has no cure.

"I was really hoping, what with all those new radiology treatments, rescue helicopters, aerobics TV shows and what have you, that we might at least make a dent in it this year," WHO Director General Dr. Gernst Bladt said. "Unfortunately, it would appear that the death rate remains constant and total, as it has inviolably since the dawn of time."

Many are suggesting that the high mortality rate represents a massive failure on the part of the planet's health care workers.

"The inability of doctors and scientists to adequately address this issue of death is nothing less than a scandal," concerned parent Marcia Gretto said. "Do you have any idea what a full-blown case of death looks like? Well, I do, and believe me, it's not pretty. In prolonged cases, total decomposition of the corpse is the result."

"What about the children?" the visibly moved Gretto added.

"At this early date, I don't want to start making broad generalizations," Citizens for Safety's Robert Hemmlin said, "but it is beginning to seem possible that birth—as well as the subsequent life cycle that follows it—may be a serious safety risk for all those involved."

Death, experts say, affects not only the dead, but the non-dead as well.

Death has long been considered humanity's number one health concern. Responsible for 100 percent of all recorded fatalities worldwide, the condition has no cure.

"Those who suffer from death can be highly traumatized by it, often so severely that it kills them," noted therapist Eli Wasserbaum said. "But it can also be very traumatic for the still-living who are left behind. The sudden cessation of metabolic activity characteristic of terminal cases of death often leaves the dead person in a position where they are unable to adequately provide for the emotional needs of their loved ones."

In the most serious cases of death, Wasserbaum explained, the trauma inflicted upon these still-living victims of death may continue throughout their entire lives, until their own deaths. "Thus," Wasserbaum said, "the 'vicious cycle' of death trauma continues indefinitely."

"Everybody talks about death," Sen. Pete Domenici (R-NM) said, "but nobody seems to actually be doing anything about it. I propose we stop molly-coddling death, not to mention the multi-billion-dollar hospital, mortuary, funeral and burial industries that reap huge profits from it."

Under Domenici's new bill, all federal funds will be withheld from the medical industry until it "gets serious and starts cracking down on death."

Consumer rights advocate and staunch anti-death activist Ralph Nader agreed with Domenici.

"Why should we continue to spend billions of dollars a year on a health care industry whose sole purpose is to prevent death, only to find, once again, that death awaits us all?" Nader said in an impassioned address to several suburban Californians. "That's called a zero percent return on our investment, and that's not fair. Its time the paying customer stood up to the HMOs and to the so-called 'medical health professionals' and said: 'Enough is enough. I'm paying through the nose here, and I don't want to die.'"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2010, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

For whom the bell tolls.........................be ready.  We need you now more than ever joker please tell us how to prevent this.  You know,  the sea roaches get you if you drown off the coast in Maine  and on land the flies are first.

From The Onion:

GENEVA, SWITZERLAND—World Health Organization officials expressed disappointment Monday at the group's finding that, despite the enormous efforts of doctors, rescue workers and other medical professionals worldwide, the global death rate remains constant at 100 percent.

Death, a metabolic affliction causing total shutdown of all life functions, has long been considered humanity's number one health concern. Responsible for 100 percent of all recorded fatalities worldwide, the condition has no cure.

"I was really hoping, what with all those new radiology treatments, rescue helicopters, aerobics TV shows and what have you, that we might at least make a dent in it this year," WHO Director General Dr. Gernst Bladt said. "Unfortunately, it would appear that the death rate remains constant and total, as it has inviolably since the dawn of time."

Many are suggesting that the high mortality rate represents a massive failure on the part of the planet's health care workers.

"The inability of doctors and scientists to adequately address this issue of death is nothing less than a scandal," concerned parent Marcia Gretto said. "Do you have any idea what a full-blown case of death looks like? Well, I do, and believe me, it's not pretty. In prolonged cases, total decomposition of the corpse is the result."

"At this early date, I don't want to start making broad generalizations," Citizens for Safety's Robert Hemmlin said, "but it is beginning to seem possible that birth—as well as the subsequent life cycle that follows it—may be a serious safety risk for all those involved."

Death has long been considered humanity's number one health concern. Responsible for 100 percent of all recorded fatalities worldwide, the condition has no cure.

"Those who suffer from death can be highly traumatized by it, often so severely that it kills them," noted therapist Eli Wasserbaum said. "But it can also be very traumatic for the still-living who are left behind. The sudden cessation of metabolic activity characteristic of terminal cases of death often leaves the dead person in a position where they are unable to adequately provide for the emotional needs of their loved ones."

In the most serious cases of death, Wasserbaum explained, the trauma inflicted upon these still-living victims of death may continue throughout their entire lives, until their own deaths. "Thus," Wasserbaum said, "the 'vicious cycle' of death trauma continues indefinitely."

"Everybody talks about death," Sen. Pete Domenici (R-NM) said, "but nobody seems to actually be doing anything about it. I propose we stop molly-coddling death, not to mention the multi-billion-dollar hospital, mortuary, funeral and burial industries that reap huge profits from it."

Under Domenici's new bill, all federal funds will be withheld from the medical industry until it "gets serious and starts cracking down on death."

Consumer rights advocate and staunch anti-death activist Ralph Nader agreed with Domenici.

"Why should we continue to spend billions of dollars a year on a health care industry whose sole purpose is to prevent death, only to find, once again, that death awaits us all?" Nader said in an impassioned address to several suburban Californians. "That's called a zero percent return on our investment, and that's not fair. Its time the paying customer stood up to the HMOs and to the so-called 'medical health professionals' and said: 'Enough is enough. I'm paying through the nose here, and I don't want to die.'"

Well that does it then.

I'm throwing away all my "Sweatin' to the Oldies" with Richard Simmons tapes.

Screw that.

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Well that does it then.

I'm throwing away all my "Sweatin' to the Oldies" with Richard Simmons tapes.

Screw that.

Your pragmatism is impeccable.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

From The Onion:

From the Onion? 

A parady/comedy site?

Harbinger
                    D.C./MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    5583 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Here you go:

http://www.theonion.com/

P.S.

Do you find death funny or not serious?   It happens a lot,  all over the world, everyday,  since MSNBC went on air from what I understand is when people started dying all over the place.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Here you go:

http://www.theonion.com/

P.S.

Do you find death funny or not serious?   It happens a lot,  all over the world, everyday,  since MSNBC went on air from what I understand is when people started dying all over the place.

Not natural death, suicide.

--Edmund Burke

Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Not natural death, suicide.

Jester Laugh

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

From The Onion:

Ha ha...I got a kick out of that one Jarasan. Good one.

Now back to serious issues.

It's the untimely death, not the inevitable.....

And it's not just the untimely death, but the other questions I impose.

1. So many divine interventions supposedly that took place in Bible days, yet not one since. hmmmmmm...

The Red sea was divided, which actually wasn't the Red sea, it was farther away at a different location.

Multitudes fed with bread and fish.

The dead coming back from their grave.

The walls of jericho tumbling down.

Plagues including insects, sores, and scores of other divine interventions.

A burning bush.

Probably more I'm not aware of.

All of a sudden, it all stopped. Sounds like a BS story to me.

2. Multitudes of religions all claiming to be correct.

3. Science showing Earth and the universe much older than 6,000 years old.....DUH !

4. No intervention during dark ages.

5. No intervention when 1/3 of Europe died from the black plague.

6. No intervention during the crusades.

7. No intervention when 6 million Jews were systematically destroyed.

8. No intervention when over 50 million died in WWII......Not to mention WWI....and all the religious wars.

9. No intervention when religions accumulated, and God stepping up to the plate and making it clear which one is right. Just let it grow like a cancer.

10. No intervention when 20,000 plus kids die everyday.

There's much more, but I'll spare you.

But we're to believe that some old granny in a wheel chair got up because she was miraculously healed.

This is comical at best.

Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5583 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Ha ha...I got a kick out of that one Jarasan. Good one.

Now back to serious issues.

It's the untimely death, not the inevitable.....

And it's not just the untimely death, but the other questions I impose.

1. So many divine interventions supposedly that took place in Bible days, yet not one since. hmmmmmm...

The Red sea was divided, which actually wasn't the Red sea, it was farther away at a different location.

Multitudes fed with bread and fish.

The dead coming back from their grave.

The walls of jericho tumbling down.

Plagues including insects, sores, and scores of other divine interventions.

A burning bush.

Probably more I'm not aware of.

All of a sudden, it all stopped. Sounds like a BS story to me.

2. Multitudes of religions all claiming to be correct.

3. Science showing Earth and the universe much older than 6,000 years old.....DUH !

4. No intervention during dark ages.

5. No intervention when 1/3 of Europe died from the black plague.

6. No intervention during the crusades.

7. No intervention when 6 million Jews were systematically destroyed.

8. No intervention when over 50 million died in WWII......Not to mention WWI....and all the religious wars.

9. No intervention when religions accumulated, and God stepping up to the plate and making it clear which one is right. Just let it grow like a cancer.

10. No intervention when 20,000 plus kids die everyday.

There's much more, but I'll spare you.

But we're to believe that some old granny in a wheel chair got up because she was miraculously healed.

This is comical at best.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/217561/7

Back to square one,  sea roach and moo moo time,  be back later.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10344 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2010, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

"The dead coming back from their grave."

Joker, this happens with every election in Chicago, not only do they come back but they vote, too. Several times in fact.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Page 10 of 16