Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe in "lucky" stores?

Topic closed. 227 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 5 of 16
PrintE-mailLink

If there are 2 stores and one sells a lot of big winners and the other doesn't, where do you go?

The "lucky" store cuz it's "lucky" [ 29 ]  [30.21%]
The other store cuz it's due for a winner [ 14 ]  [14.58%]
Whichever store is most convenient [ 53 ]  [55.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 96 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: July 19, 2010, 11:32 am - IP Logged

lol! I use that word everyday...it's a touchy subject, I know.

No Nod

Somehow using: GOOD SKILL today! or GOOD WORKOUT today! or GOOD THINKING today! doesn't give the same fuzzy feeling as:

GOOD LUCK TODAY!

Big Smile

"GOOD LUCK TODAY"!...The dr get's it..tiggs is so proud dr...The dr can throw a wrench at tiggs anytime just have some LUCKY numbers on it...please..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 19, 2010, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I definitely believe in LUCK...it exists. I played Powerball and actually matched the LUCKY ball recently. No other numbers, just that one ball. No skill no nothing. Just LUCK and I know this for sure. I was LUCKY in another instance at another store and purchased (5) QP's on our regular lottery and got within (1)-(2) number of all the winners on one line.

I'm not uniformed and I know this was LUCK and I'll take it any time, any day, any where. However, this whole philosophy on LUCK is way over rated in the end. If LUCKY stores exist then every person that goes in should come out a winner...right???

I'm really trying here...

L.L.

Lucky people are never lucky 100% of the time so why do you say if a store is lucky then every person who goes in should come out a winner?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2010, 11:51 am - IP Logged

lol! I use that word everyday...it's a touchy subject, I know.

No Nod

Somehow using: GOOD SKILL today! or GOOD WORKOUT today! or GOOD THINKING today! doesn't give the same fuzzy feeling as:

GOOD LUCK TODAY!

Big Smile

I agree.

Somehow, saying "Good natural occurrence!" just sounds like something you'd say to somebody when you're handing them some Ex-Lax.

--Edmund Burke

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2010, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Lucky people are never lucky 100% of the time so why do you say if a store is lucky then every person who goes in should come out a winner?

Because you call it a LUCKY STORE. I just know that PEOPLE are LUCKY on certain games, mainly scratch-offs, and then the winning QP's with larger games. I can go to any store and be right behind or in front the person that just bought a winning ticket...while I still lost on the same game.

"I" can go right down the street, after that, and purchase a scratch-off which turns out to be a $10,000 winner. In the end, both stores had a winning ticket "due" for both of the people who purchased them at that particular time and place. That's all I'm trying to say.

L.L.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22971 Posts
          Posted: July 19, 2010, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I agree.

Somehow, saying "Good natural occurrence!" just sounds like something you'd say to somebody when you're handing them some Ex-Lax.

LOL!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 19, 2010, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Because you call it a LUCKY STORE. I just know that PEOPLE are LUCKY on certain games, mainly scratch-offs, and then the winning QP's with larger games. I can go to any store and be right behind or in front the person that just bought a winning ticket...while I still lost on the same game.

"I" can go right down the street, after that, and purchase a scratch-off which turns out to be a $10,000 winner. In the end, both stores had a winning ticket "due" for both of the people who purchased them at that particular time and place. That's all I'm trying to say.

L.L.

When I post a poll it is not necessarily because I am advocating for one position or the other.

I used the terminology "lucky store" because that is what people tend to call stores that do that whole mantra of natural occurrence thing that you brought up.

Unfortunately, you cannot use all those words for a question on the poll, so I just used "lucky". That does not mean that I am a believer in nor a proponent of "lucky stores".

The poll was only to measure popular opinion on the topic, not to argue the merits of anyone's perception of it's components.

--Edmund Burke

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
              Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: July 19, 2010, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

When I post a poll it is not necessarily because I am advocating for one position or the other.

I used the terminology "lucky store" because that is what people tend to call stores that do that whole mantra of natural occurrence thing that you brought up.

Unfortunately, you cannot use all those words for a question on the poll, so I just used "lucky". That does not mean that I am a believer in nor a proponent of "lucky stores".

The poll was only to measure popular opinion on the topic, not to argue the merits of anyone's perception of it's components.

I kinda figured that's where it was going but, just wasn't sure. No offense taken at all and none intended...I was just havin' good fun with ya. Theoretically, a person could call it "their" Lucky Store if they win a fair amount of the time they play while another person doesn't. It works...I was just out of context at first.Thumbs Up

L.L.

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: July 19, 2010, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I agree.

rd; you say the funniest things....LoL...LOL.. 

Yes rd, a long time ago there was a magazine store on 23rd and 3rd Ave in Manhattan,  where people would leave the other 4 boroughs just to get there and buy their numbers...Once I was in the area and it was geting late so I went there only to see this long line ...I ask the person in front of me, are they giving away some kind of special here?

...She said "No!! don't you know!!!? this is where the lay line is, where the forces meet which cause people to win!!!   I said ok, well I will have to meet the force next time!! the line was extra long....

Today it's a starbuck's and starbucks is amaking huge bucks, because the under grownd word is, that if you go there and buy a frappuccino or a cappuccino right before you buy the numbers the winning forces will cause you to win!!!

or the good natural occurence...LOL...LoL...Hahaha...ex lax rd???!!! Too funny!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: July 19, 2010, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Yes rd, a long time ago there was a magazine store on 23rd and 3rd Ave in Manhattan,  where people would leave the other 4 boroughs just to get there and buy their numbers...Once I was in the area and it was geting late so I went there only to see this long line ...I ask the person in front of me, are they giving away some kind of special here?

...She said "No!! don't you know!!!? this is where the lay line is, where the forces meet which cause people to win!!!   I said ok, well I will have to meet the force next time!! the line was extra long....

Today it's a starbuck's and starbucks is amaking huge bucks, because the under grownd word is, that if you go there and buy a frappuccino or a cappuccino right before you buy the numbers the winning forces will cause you to win!!!

or the good natural occurence...LOL...LoL...Hahaha...ex lax rd???!!! Too funny!!

Anyone who waits in a long line to buy a lottery ticket is just dumb...oh wait it's New York...also anyone who buys a cup of coffee for 4.00 or more is just dumb...oh wait it's New York......................:)..tiggs opinion before you lose your temper..Be cool...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: July 19, 2010, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Yeah Rosie, they have those things in the desert in Sedona, Arizona, they call em vortexes.  Weird, liberal hippie type people in flowing white robes take you out to them and charge you money to sit under a little makeshift pyramid on the vortex and suck up the energy or something. Beautiful country around there but a lot of the aforementioned weirdo types and the obligatory main drag of T-shirt shops.

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: July 19, 2010, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

One of the tabloids once ran an article about quite a few jackpot winners drinking orange juice or an orange soda just before playing their tickets.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                        West Side of Sunny Florida
                        United States
                        Member #55048
                        September 8, 2007
                        3371 Posts
                        Posted: July 19, 2010, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Since Manhattan is about 5 hours away I have to use stores around me that seem to win lot, and that would be Wegmans for Take 5.  Lately they have had most of the local Take 5 Jackpots so I try to play there any time I can.

Other than Wegmans for Take 5, I play stores in-which the clerks KNOW how to run the machines. But it is fun to watch a newbie get the 'Sold Out' screen on the new machines, they just stare at the machine till I say 'yea I know trips are sold out'

Here is what I am talking about - another Take 5 Wegmans winner

First5 out of 5$31,270.002
                        Winning Counties: Monroe(QP), Queens(QP)

Retailer Locations:

• WEGMANS #63, 2157 PENFIELD RD, PENFIELD
                        • A&P WINE & LIQUORS INC, 218-86 HEMPSTEAD AVE, QUEENS VILLAGE

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8364 Posts
                          Posted: July 19, 2010, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Like i said before in another post before this one got started we have a store near me that sells a lot of winning tickets because they have one of the highest volumes of tickets sold every day week month and year than any other store.

By the same token there was a butcher shop near my old place that sold two jackpot tickets for the lotto in about 6 months apart. This place barely had any customers all week until he sold the first winning ticket then his business tripled in lottery sales.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                            rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: July 19, 2010, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

One of the tabloids once ran an article about quite a few jackpot winners drinking orange juice or an orange soda just before playing their tickets.

Orange Powerade Zero doesn't work in case anybody was running out to get some. It's good for hangovers though if you've been to one of your cheapskate friends' houses and all they had was cheap booze. I always bring my own just in case (booze, not powerade).

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #92551
                              June 9, 2010
                              16 Posts
                              Posted: July 19, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Most convenient for sure... I live in LA - it could take forever for me to get the "lucky" store in traffic... ay

Page 5 of 16