Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 10:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe in "lucky" stores?

Topic closed. 227 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 13 of 16
PrintE-mailLink

If there are 2 stores and one sells a lot of big winners and the other doesn't, where do you go?

The "lucky" store cuz it's "lucky" [ 29 ]  [30.21%]
The other store cuz it's due for a winner [ 14 ]  [14.58%]
Whichever store is most convenient [ 53 ]  [55.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 96 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Miln$onthwy's avatar - Lottery-055.jpg
Boise, Idaho
United States
Member #92773
June 14, 2010
28 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2010, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I pick my own numbers so it doesn't make any difference where I buy them.

I'm with you on that one, RJOh.   Makes me no never-mind where I buy the numbers I pick!

Best to ya ! Smile

Let me put it this way....You and I have just as good a chance of winning 'The Big One'...as the next Guy !!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5587 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2010, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

You're just as deluded as Vision. Maybe If you didn't spend 8 hours a day reading books written in the Bronze age as truth, and spend more time reading about facts, you'd be a little less idiotic.

I agree, don't waste your time looking up facts to respond to my facts, because you ain't gonna find any. Save your energy and embarrasment.

The joker idiot  calling jarasan idiotic.   You are an authority on idiots, since you are a professional idiot.  I must have hit a nerve with the band comment.  Thank you. 

It's a waste of time because you are waiting for the aliens to show themselves.   You have no need for God  or a higher power.  Your day will come.  100% guaranteed,  definitely inevitable,..... maybe untimely...... even an idiot knows this,  lucky store or not.

With all the problems the World is facing, it can be unsettling to the mind. Today, I will share with you ten predictions that are sure to come true this year!

Top 10 Predictions for 2010 and forever more...

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
    2. Prayer will still be the most powerful thing on Earth..
    3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
    4. God will still honor the praises of His people.
    5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
    6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
    7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
    8. There will still be room at the Cross.
    9. Jesus will still love you.
    10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

Isn't It Great To Remember Who Is Really In Control, and that "the Word of the Lord endures forever." ( 1 Peter 1:25 )

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2010, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

The joker idiot  calling jarasan idiotic.   You are an authority on idiots, since you are a professional idiot.  I must have hit a nerve with the band comment.  Thank you. 

It's a waste of time because you are waiting for the aliens to show themselves.   You have no need for God  or a higher power.  Your day will come.  100% guaranteed,  definitely inevitable,..... maybe untimely...... even an idiot knows this,  lucky store or not.

With all the problems the World is facing, it can be unsettling to the mind. Today, I will share with you ten predictions that are sure to come true this year!

Top 10 Predictions for 2010 and forever more...

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
      2. Prayer will still be the most powerful thing on Earth..
      3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
      4. God will still honor the praises of His people.
      5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
      6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
      7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
      8. There will still be room at the Cross.
      9. Jesus will still love you.
      10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

Isn't It Great To Remember Who Is Really In Control, and that "the Word of the Lord endures forever." ( 1 Peter 1:25 )

You forgot a couple......

11.  Mltitudes of Unicorns will fly around the world healing people.

12. The Tooth Fairy will leave 10,000 bucks under each pillow around the world.

13. Mohamad will return from heaven and bless everyone.

14. Buddah will open up the skies on his magic flying carpet and pour love everywhere.

15. Thor will pound his hammer one final time to restore justice.

All heresay, and no proof.....

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
        Portland,Oregon
        United States
        Member #14387
        April 25, 2005
        229 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2010, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I should have an alternate version of the question for those who seem to be offended by the word "lucky".

Here it is:

If there are 2 stores and one just happens to sell a lot of winning tickets to people who just happen to purchase the tickets at the right place at the right time according to the natural occurrence of events and timing and one doesn't, which one do you go to?

Location, location, location + circumstances + eager ticket buyers = high number of winners.  There use to be a store in Vancouver, Washington that had sold the most jackpot winners of any store in the state (for MM and state lottery). A rather scuzzy store but it was located closest to the Willamette River which is the border between Washington and Oregon - and was very very handy to I5 ... so it was the store that Oregonians who wanted to buy MM or state lotto tickets usually went to. So location = high volume of sales = more winners.  Alas it got torn down for not meeting health code standards and a new store was built in it's place - nice store, clean and attractive, still very handy to I5 ... but it no longer gets such a high volume of ticket sales cuz now Oregon sells MM tickets ... so there's no need to cross the river.   Interestingly though - with the old store the state came in and replaced all their lottery computers a year or two before the building got torn down ... and the number of winning tickets dropped significantly though the volume of sales stayed high. Hummmmmmmm I've wondered about that .....

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2010, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

You forgot a couple......

11.  Mltitudes of Unicorns will fly around the world healing people.

12. The Tooth Fairy will leave 10,000 bucks under each pillow around the world.

13. Mohamad will return from heaven and bless everyone.

14. Buddah will open up the skies on his magic flying carpet and pour love everywhere.

15. Thor will pound his hammer one final time to restore justice.

All heresay, and no proof.....

Myth of Religion........................................................................

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2010, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Location, location, location + circumstances + eager ticket buyers = high number of winners.  There use to be a store in Vancouver, Washington that had sold the most jackpot winners of any store in the state (for MM and state lottery). A rather scuzzy store but it was located closest to the Willamette River which is the border between Washington and Oregon - and was very very handy to I5 ... so it was the store that Oregonians who wanted to buy MM or state lotto tickets usually went to. So location = high volume of sales = more winners.  Alas it got torn down for not meeting health code standards and a new store was built in it's place - nice store, clean and attractive, still very handy to I5 ... but it no longer gets such a high volume of ticket sales cuz now Oregon sells MM tickets ... so there's no need to cross the river.   Interestingly though - with the old store the state came in and replaced all their lottery computers a year or two before the building got torn down ... and the number of winning tickets dropped significantly though the volume of sales stayed high. Hummmmmmmm I've wondered about that .....

Yeah, I had that happen with a slot machine on a river boat one time, dj. I kept hitting and hitting small ones that were really starting to add up to some big money when two guys showed up and said they had to service the machine (it was due for routine maintenance, they said). It only took a couple minutes and they were done. 

Oddly enough, my winning was done too. What a coincidence.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2010, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Myth of Religion........................................................................

Part 2.........

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2010, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Part 2.........

Last Part..............

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                  light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: July 24, 2010, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

What you fail to understand, is that I'm not running, hiding or chickening out. I'm simply sick of repeating myself over and over.

I don't want to spend endless pages arguing with you. I've already done that in another thread.

I can't debate a religous person as yourself. You don't have an open mind. Neither are you capable of answering basic questions without endless babble not related to the question. As you will probably do in response to this post.

You're better off preaching to the choir. They'll just nod their head in agreement with you and make you feel happy.

Like I've said before, debating with you is like a Geologist debating a flat Earth believer. It simply won't work.

you are running joker,  because still never once have you ever responded to the one and only question i ever threw up in your direction,  and that in the midst of you SPRAYING THE BOARD with all of yours.

you read it multiple times,  and you still skate away.

you would be still under your rock,  if it hadn't been for truecritic embolding you

********************************************************************************************

I can't debate a religous person as yourself. You don't have an open mind. Neither are you capable of answering basic questions without endless babble not related to the question.

that's a straight up lie on 2 levels.

(1)  you won't "debate" anything.  that's a lie.   because all you ever do is throw out your angst across the boards,  but the first time someone asks you something,  you cry foul,  and cut and run.          your so onesided,  it's a pathetic display of just how upside down you are. 

you "think"  you can say whatever you want,  refuse to answer your opposition,  and walk away?     you sure can,  and you can flush any integrity you hope to have right down the gutter

i am not the one that attempts to leave the room.  that's your M.O.  ------->   everytime

(2)  i did answer your questions - in detail.  pretty much all of them,  so thats another straight up no conscience lie.   went systematically down your "list"

you have yet to answer my only question so yeah,  your batting an integrity .000  right now

purposeful no conscience lying isn't a strength.    it's a sure sign of extreme weakness of position

what a pathetic waste of "intelligence".

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                    light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: July 24, 2010, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I've read every agonizing word that you printed in this thread.  I've also read many of your other posts since you "returned" to LP, directed at other members.

What you don't realize is, you live in a disorted world of your own and you didn't win any of your arguments.  And arguments (or if you wish, call them debates), they are.

After one or two posts on a subject - stop.  I also try to right the wrongs I see here but not forever.  If people do not want to do something the right way, then I just let it go.   Don't expect to carry this on with me, go ahead and have the last comment - good luck with your quick picks.

"agonizing"  for you,  for reasons you have apparently just made obvious. 

but for the other people (believers),  i perform a valuable "service",   by not sitting there,  and watching as the jokers of the world trash our beliefs unchecked,  without an "answer".

i know,  you subscribe to the same hit and run "theology" he does. 

not a chance.  not as long as i am at LP,  and someone "sprays" first

*********************************************************************************************

"I've also read many of your other posts since you "returned" to LP, directed at other members".

good.  then  "if"  you are a person that possess integrity over position and "people",  the way people OF integrity handle their business,  you would have noted in your post to me,  that "others"  started stuff first,  by posting to me first. 

you probably "remember" i am not one to sit there when someone comes at me first.  i only give them what they want

funny how you "implied" it was my fault.    says alot about you, and how you add things up in life.

*********************************************************************************************

"What you don't realize is, you live in a disorted world of your own and you didn't win any of your arguments."

really?   you cannot imagine my disappointment. 

"social distortion" is jokers disease.  maybe yours as well,  from what you just "self admitted".   

i already have my vaccinations,  and they are current.

besides,  it is way above my pay grade to worry about "results". 

all i have to do with the joker's of the world is replicate history.   it's a cake walk job description. 

replicate history,  then i walk away.  letting the dust settle,  wherever it may

"  After one or two posts on a subject - stop"

funny how you said NOTHING  to joker about this,  despite his incessant lack of self control multiple posts and threads "spillages" about the SUBJECT MATTER for which you are "so concerned".    that's a hypocritical joke, truecritic

why is that , truecritic?       that's because your just another in a long line of people that pick position over truth. 

had you been a person of intellectual integrity,  you would have hit up joker a L.O.N.G.  time ago.

way before you cast your "concern" my way

jokers living up to his screename.  i am living up to mine.  how come you aren't,  truecritic?

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: July 24, 2010, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

you are running joker,  because still never once have you ever responded to the one and only question i ever threw up in your direction,  and that in the midst of you SPRAYING THE BOARD with all of yours.

you read it multiple times,  and you still skate away.

you would be still under your rock,  if it hadn't been for truecritic embolding you

********************************************************************************************

I can't debate a religous person as yourself. You don't have an open mind. Neither are you capable of answering basic questions without endless babble not related to the question.

that's a straight up lie on 2 levels.

(1)  you won't "debate" anything.  that's a lie.   because all you ever do is throw out your angst across the boards,  but the first time someone asks you something,  you cry foul,  and cut and run.          your so onesided,  it's a pathetic display of just how upside down you are. 

you "think"  you can say whatever you want,  refuse to answer your opposition,  and walk away?     you sure can,  and you can flush any integrity you hope to have right down the gutter

i am not the one that attempts to leave the room.  that's your M.O.  ------->   everytime

(2)  i did answer your questions - in detail.  pretty much all of them,  so thats another straight up no conscience lie.   went systematically down your "list"

you have yet to answer my only question so yeah,  your batting an integrity .000  right now

purposeful no conscience lying isn't a strength.    it's a sure sign of extreme weakness of position

what a pathetic waste of "intelligence".

OK, you've convinced me. I was wrong.

wheeltowin's avatar - bee
                        Peoria IL
                        United States
                        Member #94520
                        July 21, 2010
                        63 Posts
                        Posted: July 25, 2010, 9:42 am - IP Logged

I picked that as well, but my better option is a family run store or gas station over a corporate chain. (I'd rather the family gets the proceeds than a greedy corporation)  There was a proverb or saying I read long ago about luck, something about the goddesses of luck and the goddess of knowledge... if you pay more attention to the one the other gets jealous, "pursue the goddess of wisdom/knowledge and the goddess of luck will pursue you." Something along those lines.

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8393 Posts
                          Posted: July 25, 2010, 10:50 am - IP Logged

I picked that as well, but my better option is a family run store or gas station over a corporate chain. (I'd rather the family gets the proceeds than a greedy corporation)  There was a proverb or saying I read long ago about luck, something about the goddesses of luck and the goddess of knowledge... if you pay more attention to the one the other gets jealous, "pursue the goddess of wisdom/knowledge and the goddess of luck will pursue you." Something along those lines.

Large corporations who receive lottery money for selling winning lottery tickets put the money in their charitable foundations.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                            rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: July 25, 2010, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Large corporations who receive lottery money for selling winning lottery tickets put the money in their charitable foundations.

There's a lot of those charitable foundations I wouldn't want a nickel of my money going to though.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #22395
                              September 24, 2005
                              1583 Posts
                              Posted: July 26, 2010, 1:33 am - IP Logged

There's a lot of those charitable foundations I wouldn't want a nickel of my money going to though.

I hear you!  Form your own charitable foundation and get the money! Big Grin

Page 13 of 16