Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe in "lucky" stores?

Topic closed. 227 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 14 of 16
PrintE-mailLink

If there are 2 stores and one sells a lot of big winners and the other doesn't, where do you go?

The "lucky" store cuz it's "lucky" [ 29 ]  [30.21%]
The other store cuz it's due for a winner [ 14 ]  [14.58%]
Whichever store is most convenient [ 53 ]  [55.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 96 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
wheeltowin's avatar - bee
Peoria IL
United States
Member #94520
July 21, 2010
63 Posts
Posted: July 26, 2010, 6:28 am - IP Logged

So you think and so they publicize, a corporation by it's very definition only exists to pay it's contibutors thier just rewards. Why would you or anyone else contribute to a losing propisition . Put yourself in a millionares shoes to see this question correctly, How much of a writeoff can we get? Where does the best press lie that we can write off? How can we fool the increasing number of idiots? I'm a glass half-full type of girl but I have NO respect for false charities, government control of any type, or BS.

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4525 Posts
    Posted: July 26, 2010, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Wish the poll was about Unlucky stores, because everytime I stop at this one I get Losers each time. Figuring at some point a winner will spew. SO far I have consistently Lost money there.!!

Why do I stop there, because I figure they need luck to enter in order to win...

I'll hold the door for lady luck any day!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: July 26, 2010, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Wish the poll was about Unlucky stores, because everytime I stop at this one I get Losers each time. Figuring at some point a winner will spew. SO far I have consistently Lost money there.!!

Why do I stop there, because I figure they need luck to enter in order to win...

I'll hold the door for lady luck any day!

Yeah Girl, I gotta say I've been pretty lucky at finding the unlucky stores for this past month. I was on a pretty decent streak b4 that. I'm gonna change things up next month with some "greener" pastures though, I hope.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2010, 11:44 am - IP Logged

So you think and so they publicize, a corporation by it's very definition only exists to pay it's contibutors thier just rewards. Why would you or anyone else contribute to a losing propisition . Put yourself in a millionares shoes to see this question correctly, How much of a writeoff can we get? Where does the best press lie that we can write off? How can we fool the increasing number of idiots? I'm a glass half-full type of girl but I have NO respect for false charities, government control of any type, or BS.

"I'm a glass half-full type of girl but I have NO respect for false charities, government control of any type, or BS."

Me and you are on the same page wheeltowin.

Welcome to Lottery Post!

I like my glass half-full of Jack (at least).

--Edmund Burke

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34130 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2010, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

"I'm a glass half-full type of girl but I have NO respect for false charities, government control of any type, or BS."

Me and you are on the same page wheeltowin.

Welcome to Lottery Post!

I like my glass half-full of Jack (at least).

Half-full type of girl!  Wel,well,  LOL! didn't know that till now.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34130 Posts
            Posted: July 27, 2010, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I hate that Store at the Cornner were I live, I haven ever won nothing out of that store.They even look at you weird,when playing numbers there. I really get bad vibes. from that store.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Buford. GA
              United States
              Member #4
              April 19, 2001
              853 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2010, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

RJOH!!!..how in the heck are you???

GOOD to see you're still here!!

Big GrinBig GrinJester

"as long as you win more than you lose...gamblins' not a problem"

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                West Side of Sunny Florida
                United States
                Member #55048
                September 8, 2007
                3371 Posts
                Posted: July 27, 2010, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Since Manhattan is about 5 hours away I have to use stores around me that seem to win lot, and that would be Wegmans for Take 5.  Lately they have had most of the local Take 5 Jackpots so I try to play there any time I can.

Other than Wegmans for Take 5, I play stores in-which the clerks KNOW how to run the machines. But it is fun to watch a newbie get the 'Sold Out' screen on the new machines, they just stare at the machine till I say 'yea I know trips are sold out'

Here is another example of a Wegmans hit.. This is there SMALLEST store, and look its a QP!!! 

July 26, 2010 Take Five Winning Numbers:
                2 - 3 - 10 - 17 - 25

Prize
                Level
                Numbers
                Matched
                Prize
                Amount
                No. of
                Winners
                First5 out of 5$82,222.501
                Winning Counties: Onondaga(QP)

Retailer Locations:

• WEGMANS #29, 700 1ST NORTH ST, SYRACUSE

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2010, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Since Manhattan is about 5 hours away I have to use stores around me that seem to win lot, and that would be Wegmans for Take 5.  Lately they have had most of the local Take 5 Jackpots so I try to play there any time I can.

Other than Wegmans for Take 5, I play stores in-which the clerks KNOW how to run the machines. But it is fun to watch a newbie get the 'Sold Out' screen on the new machines, they just stare at the machine till I say 'yea I know trips are sold out'

"...I play stores in-which the clerks KNOW how to run the machines"

I hear ya on that one bashley. I sent my wife in for a ticket (on a hunch) at a place I was driving past last week (she doesn't play any lottery) and she came back out and told me the clerk said they don't have straight or box, only exact or any. (Bang, ZOOM!)

I drove to the next store.

--Edmund Burke

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: July 28, 2010, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I only go for convenience. Usually it's the store a few blocks from me but if I'm going to the grocery store then there's two different stores that I'll go to, depending on whether or not the first one is busy or not.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                      West Side of Sunny Florida
                      United States
                      Member #55048
                      September 8, 2007
                      3371 Posts
                      Posted: July 30, 2010, 6:04 am - IP Logged

Here is another example of a Wegmans hit.. This is there SMALLEST store, and look its a QP!!! 

July 26, 2010 Take Five Winning Numbers:
                      2 - 3 - 10 - 17 - 25

Prize
                      Level
                      Numbers
                      Matched
                      Prize
                      Amount
                      No. of
                      Winners
                      First5 out of 5$82,222.501
                      Winning Counties: Onondaga(QP)

Retailer Locations:

• WEGMANS #29, 700 1ST NORTH ST, SYRACUSE

Another example...

July 28, 2010 LOTTO Winning Numbers:
                      3 - 8 - 12 - 15 - 31 - 51 BONUS NUMBER 1

Prize
                      Level
                      Numbers
                      Matched
                      Prize
                      Amount
                      No. of
                      Winners
                      First6 out of 6 numbers$10,000,000.000
                      Second5 out of 6 numbers + bonus number$260,659.001
                      Winning Counties: Monroe

Retailer Locations:

• WEGMANS #68, 3175 CHILI AVE, ROCHESTER
                      Third5 out of 6 numbers$939.0023
                      Fourth4 out of 6 numbers$15.001,557
                      Fifth3 out of 6 numbers$1.0031,388

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

beverette's avatar - 2rzqm87
                        Tarboro,NC
                        United States
                        Member #93419
                        June 29, 2010
                        64 Posts
                        Posted: July 30, 2010, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

I was talking to the guy that runs the local country store down the road from my house. he said the biggest winning ticket he has sold to date is 2,000. but if you go into town all the stores up there have multiple signs hanging out with the winning tickets they have sold and how much they were. plenty of 5,000 ,10,000 ,50,000 winners at the other stores. seems a little odd to me. the guy at the local store has been a retailer since the lottery began here in NC

Milwaukee, WI
                          United States
                          Member #3131
                          December 27, 2003
                          665 Posts
                          Posted: July 31, 2010, 9:02 am - IP Logged

$110,000 Badger 5 winning ticket sold in Fond Du Lac!!!

Last night. Please don't tell me that it's Ma and Pa's again!

Signs all over my local store.

2 or more badger 5 winners.

At least 3 supercash winners.

3 level 3 Powerball winners.

Before that store was a Citco, it was a Kerr Mcgee and they sold 2 supercash winners.

Local Piggly wiggly sold 2 Supercash winners, the moved and sold 2  more supercash winners and 2 badger 5 winners and last week Wed  1 $200,000 PB.

I used to think not to buy at these stores because their luck would run out. But some of them just keep on winning and winning.

Of course when they have 2 lottery printing machines, you know that they are serious about the lottery.

Mand Pa's has at least 2 machines and local citco has 2, Piggy has 1.

MarkP

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1477
                            May 7, 2003
                            2311 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2010, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I bet a lady in Bishop, Texas believe in "Lucky Stores".   She's won 4 different times at the same store for a total of over $20,000,000!    Most of her winnings have come from Scratch Offs though but she did hit the Pick 6 on time I think.    Was a newspaper article last month about her and her winning at the same store.

To me it seems most winnings happen at little gas stations or convenience stores.  Don't recall very many winners from say larger grocery chains where they also sell.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                              NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3701 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2010, 8:15 am - IP Logged

In state of New York, the Pick 5 game is called Take5.  There's a store in my town called the "Take5 Deli"

Where else would someone go to play Take5???   You think that aint lucky????

It'd be even luckier if they sold lottery tix, but they dont! Puke

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Page 14 of 16