Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe in "lucky" stores?

Topic closed. 227 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 7 of 16
PrintE-mailLink

If there are 2 stores and one sells a lot of big winners and the other doesn't, where do you go?

The "lucky" store cuz it's "lucky" [ 29 ]  [30.21%]
The other store cuz it's due for a winner [ 14 ]  [14.58%]
Whichever store is most convenient [ 53 ]  [55.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 96 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2010, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I go to the other one cuz the lines are shorter (more convenient).

rd, if there are more than 4 persons in front of me in the mornings, I am not staying there,  I find another vendor  with few in line, is that simple!

I go out early enough not to have to be long lines!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
    Magnolia, Delaware
    United States
    Member #18795
    July 20, 2005
    789 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2010, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I pick my own numbers so it doesn't make any difference where I buy them.

I Agree! I prefer the mom & pop owned stores to buy my tickets for PB & MM.

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2010, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

"I realize in this ridiculously overboard politically correct world we have steamrolled, that the following statements isn't gonna fly right with some.......but transparent as i be........i could care less (as GOD knows my heart)..."

Usually when a person tell's me GOD knows their heart, I find it's to make excuses for their wrong doings, as I speak to them about the gospel!!   

But coming from you Vision, I know it's not so, and it is the right forewod, for a person like yourself, who is not a  pleaser of man but of GOD! So I must tell you that in this context I just...

Love your Introductory Statement

LOL..Hahhaha...I am loving this statement!!   

Quotable quote for me! and Statement of the year!!!

thanks jrosina.

i just stated that disclaimer,  because people (when they are weak in their position)  will attack others from the side door,  and by stating that,  it saved this thread from going haywire for a couple of pages,  whilst i would have had to take the time to  defend myself "why" is stated that.

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
        Member #85338
        January 13, 2010
        143 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2010, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I go to the store with the hottest cashiers. Green laugh

They make me feel "lucky". Wink

If that were the case for me, I would be broke. 

I can think of a few places where I frequented in my younger days, where the girls were hot...oh never mind.... ;-)

Starr$'s avatar - girlz1

United States
          Member #93824
          July 8, 2010
          98 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2010, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

I picked lucky store however, if you have the number you have the number.  My favorite store is a mom and pop store . They give free tea or coffee and there is a space for the regulars to discuss numbers , just an overall " great atmosphere".  Over the door there is a  piece of wood from Ireland engraved in the wood  is this :"May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all your heart might desire".   It is a custom  for all the regulars  to touch  the wood when you enter and when you leave. Is it luck who knows.......or is it that the number hits you like some of the old timers say. I believe it is waiting for the correct setup of numbers

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2010, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I picked lucky store however, if you have the number you have the number.  My favorite store is a mom and pop store . They give free tea or coffee and there is a space for the regulars to discuss numbers , just an overall " great atmosphere".  Over the door there is a  piece of wood from Ireland engraved in the wood  is this :"May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all your heart might desire".   It is a custom  for all the regulars  to touch  the wood when you enter and when you leave. Is it luck who knows.......or is it that the number hits you like some of the old timers say. I believe it is waiting for the correct setup of numbers

Welcome Starr$. From the sound of your mom and pop store, I'm guessing you live in a small town or out in the country like me. Not too many places could survive in the city giving away free coffee and tea.

I could use a little rub on that lucky board here lately.

Good luck to you. Lep

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Yeah Rosie, they have those things in the desert in Sedona, Arizona, they call em vortexes.  Weird, liberal hippie type people in flowing white robes take you out to them and charge you money to sit under a little makeshift pyramid on the vortex and suck up the energy or something. Beautiful country around there but a lot of the aforementioned weirdo types and the obligatory main drag of T-shirt shops.

rd, Vortexes??? Like falling in a hole???!~!!!!  No not for me thanks!!! LOL.... I don't think so noooooo00000  Sedona Arizona!

PYramid????!!!!   Like in Egypt????!!!!   No thanks to that either???!~!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2010, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

rd, Vortexes??? Like falling in a hole???!~!!!!  No not for me thanks!!! LOL.... I don't think so noooooo00000  Sedona Arizona!

PYramid????!!!!   Like in Egypt????!!!!   No thanks to that either???!~!!!

Yeah, I didn't think you'd go for it Rosie but tiggs probably would dig it cuz it's like wow man, groovy. Far out.Hippy

--Edmund Burke

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: July 21, 2010, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I will be close to the blue holes in the Bahamas!

How'd ya like go down into this? It is the opening of a cave system under the sea floor.

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: July 21, 2010, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I didn't think you'd go for it Rosie but tiggs probably would dig it cuz it's like wow man, groovy. Far out.Hippy

Yeah rd, too far out for me.... too wow man!!! for me.... I am more the Conservative....Type!!!! I am not; hold on to your hat rd, ...I am Not A Liberal...OH??!! Oh...nO!!!   Yes! there, now everyone knows!!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: July 21, 2010, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

How'd ya like go down into this? It is the opening of a cave system under the sea floor.

Oh my goodness Jarasan!!!  How deep is that thing???!!! 

No I'LL Pass on that one too! 

Is there something more appetizing like the cracked lobster you mentioned?!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: July 21, 2010, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

I could tell some really good ex-wife jokes here but of course that's not my style.

That looks pretty cool. I think I read about something like that off Belize too if I'm not mistaken.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: July 21, 2010, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Yeah rd, too far out for me.... too wow man!!! for me.... I am more the Conservative....Type!!!! I am not; hold on to your hat rd, ...I am Not A Liberal...OH??!! Oh...nO!!!   Yes! there, now everyone knows!!!!

Better keep a lid on the conservative thing Rosie.

Bloomberg will run you out of town on a rail.      No No        Chair

--Edmund Burke

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                            Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5583 Posts
                            Posted: July 21, 2010, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Oh my goodness Jarasan!!!  How deep is that thing???!!! 

No I'LL Pass on that one too! 

Is there something more appetizing like the cracked lobster you mentioned?!!

I confess I am a lobster cracker!  What we do is take the crustaceans (2 1/2 - 3lbs.) and split them length wise and broil them in butter and lemon juice.  If there a two of you,  you get 1 claw and 1/2 of the rest.. Melt some more butter and lemon,  pinot grigio,  or vinho verde....maybe a little ensalada de patata a la remangije',  un pan ligoso gallego........oh oh!

This is in town:

http://www.thepalm.com/promodetail.cfm?promo_id=118

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: July 21, 2010, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I confess I am a lobster cracker!  What we do is take the crustaceans (2 1/2 - 3lbs.) and split them length wise and broil them in butter and lemon juice.  If there a two of you,  you get 1 claw and 1/2 of the rest.. Melt some more butter and lemon,  pinot grigio,  or vinho verde....maybe a little ensalada de patata a la remangije',  un pan ligoso gallego........oh oh!

This is in town:

http://www.thepalm.com/promodetail.cfm?promo_id=118

I loved lobster too, until I found out they belong to the exo-skeleton group in the animal world. They're related to the roach of the sea....YUK!!!!!

Also, shellfish can't get rid of toxins while alive, unlike scaled fish.

The proof of toxins is present when you hear a seafood lover say "Jumbo Shrimp"......lol

Halibut sauteed  with butter, in a vigoursly hot pan. Sear on both sides......YUM>>>>>

halibut

Page 7 of 16