Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe in "lucky" stores?

Topic closed. 227 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 8 of 16
PrintE-mailLink

If there are 2 stores and one sells a lot of big winners and the other doesn't, where do you go?

The "lucky" store cuz it's "lucky" [ 29 ]  [30.21%]
The other store cuz it's due for a winner [ 14 ]  [14.58%]
Whichever store is most convenient [ 53 ]  [55.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 96 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
Harbinger
D.C./MD.
United States
Member #44103
July 30, 2006
5587 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2010, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I loved lobster too, until I found out they belong to the exo-skeleton group in the animal world. They're related to the roach of the sea....YUK!!!!!

Also, shellfish can't get rid of toxins while alive, unlike scaled fish.

The proof of toxins is present when you hear a seafood lover say "Jumbo Shrimp"......lol

Halibut sauteed  with butter, in a vigoursly hot pan. Sear on both sides......YUM>>>>>

halibut

Yeah, you are right joker I am toxic.

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, you are right joker I am toxic.

I didn't mean it that way. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic with you. I was merely giving out facts to whomever might be reading this, and wasn't aware of what I wrote.

Only tryin' to help......

Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5587 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2010, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

I didn't mean it that way. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic with you. I was merely giving out facts to whomever might be reading this, and wasn't aware of what I wrote.

Only tryin' to help......

Dude,  I don't give a %$#!  What you think.  Seriously.  F'ing gdam food police.

You can believe anything you want.

It is America!

US Flag

Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5587 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2010, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Joker I'll give you a hint on how to cook halibut,  you take bacon grease , enough to layer an iron skillet.  heat it to about 400F,   sear your halibut in that the next time.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2010, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Dude,  I don't give a %$#!  What you think.  Seriously.  F'ing gdam food police.

You can believe anything you want.

It is America!

US Flag

Food police? What a loser you are.....

I made some points on food. WOW...what a downer for you.....

I never knew the subject of food could get you so pissed off.

As If my opinion on toxins in food will be declared law.....DUH!!!

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2010, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Better keep a lid on the conservative thing Rosie.

Bloomberg will run you out of town on a rail.      No No        Chair

rd u have no idea!!! No, cero idea how huuummmladylala he is  for a certain type....and believe me everyone knows....So no, his money is the only thing that is keeping him in right now!! or He would have been ran out of the planet!!! a long time ago!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5587 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2010, 7:59 am - IP Logged

Lobster Nutrition facts:

As delicious as Maine Lobster tastes, it's hard to believe that it's actually a healthy protein. Once for ounce, lobster is actually lower in calories and fat than skinless chicken breast! For those watching their cholesterol, lobster is comparable to skinless chicken breast.

The Mayo Clinic advises that Maine Lobster is a healthy protein. Read the full article here.

Lobster meat also includes many beneficial vitamins and minerals that increase brain activity, promote healthy bones and maintain healthy nerve cells.

For more information see these nutrient claims from Coastal Food Consulting.

Label

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: July 22, 2010, 9:52 am - IP Logged

Pathophysiology

The toxins responsible for most shellfish poisonings are water-soluble, are heat and acid-stable, and are not inactivated by ordinary cooking methods. The main toxins responsible for each of the shellfish syndromes are as follows:

• PSP - Saxitoxin
                • NPS - Brevetoxin
                • DSP - Okadaic acid
                • ASP - Domoic acid

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/818505-overview

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: July 22, 2010, 10:14 am - IP Logged

http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/<snip>roach_faq.html#Q11

Q11: Terri Lamb asks: I was told that lobsters are the "roaches of the sea".   Therefore, I was under the impression that roaches are crustaceans.   Is this at all true? And if it is not true, what is the relationship between a roach and a lobster?

A: Terri,
                  As both a lobster and roach lover I can give you a reasonably authoritative answer.   If you go to the Tree of Life WWW page at the level Arthropod (Phylum), you will see that <snip>roaches are insects (Class Hexapoda) and lobsters are decapod crustaceans (Class Crustacea); they are two groups in the same phylum, URL:

Tree of Life (at Arthropoda level)

You can move up the tree to see how arthropods are related to other animals.

Beyond classification which should reflect the lobster and <snip>roach evolutionary relationship, the term 'roaches of the sea' reflects the behavior of lobsters as omnivorous scavengers.   <snip>roaches will eat almost anything organic and so will lobsters.   They clean up the dead and dying plants and animals in their environment.

So much for the delicious taste of lobster?

Tree of life below:

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2010, 11:21 am - IP Logged

http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/<snip>roach_faq.html#Q11

Q11: Terri Lamb asks: I was told that lobsters are the "roaches of the sea".   Therefore, I was under the impression that roaches are crustaceans.   Is this at all true? And if it is not true, what is the relationship between a roach and a lobster?

A: Terri,
                    As both a lobster and roach lover I can give you a reasonably authoritative answer.   If you go to the Tree of Life WWW page at the level Arthropod (Phylum), you will see that <snip>roaches are insects (Class Hexapoda) and lobsters are decapod crustaceans (Class Crustacea); they are two groups in the same phylum, URL:

You can move up the tree to see how arthropods are related to other animals.

Beyond classification which should reflect the lobster and <snip>roach evolutionary relationship, the term 'roaches of the sea' reflects the behavior of lobsters as omnivorous scavengers.   <snip>roaches will eat almost anything organic and so will lobsters.   They clean up the dead and dying plants and animals in their environment.

So much for the delicious taste of lobster?

Tree of life below:

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Ok;...OKAYYY!!! Joker17, thanks so much for the information!! Now tell us how we can eat it and not get food poisoning; because eat it I will !!!!!

So please; give up the information on the proper consumption of the sea roach I love to eat!! Cracked with the condiments that Jarasan told me...Mmmmm...so good!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

MILLION22Q$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      raleigh, north carolina
                      United States
                      Member #92685
                      June 12, 2010
                      68 Posts
                      Posted: July 22, 2010, 11:29 am - IP Logged

There is a lucky store in Indina somewhere, they have had 20 - 25 Mega Million winners from that store all in the

last 8 years or so... what I believe is this:  Some places are UNLUCKY and have an unlucky aura around them.

I avoid the UNLUCKY places....  everything has an energy....  but for the person that posted about luck being with you... I think that

takes precident over being in an unlucky environment. 

So stores pay out more winnings than other stores and that is a fact.

Mix both together and hey, it adds to your oveall luck.. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

Visualize and then Materialize... Mega Millions Millions & MILLIONS 4 ME $$$$ 

God is space...........Demonstrated! 

The light from just one candle can dispel a sea of darkness so...let there be LIGHT!!!  Sun Smiley

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 22, 2010, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Ok;...OKAYYY!!! Joker17, thanks so much for the information!! Now tell us how we can eat it and not get food poisoning; because eat it I will !!!!!

So please; give up the information on the proper consumption of the sea roach I love to eat!! Cracked with the condiments that Jarasan told me...Mmmmm...so good!

Both you and Jarasan subscribe to the Bible's teachings. I don't.

If you know your Bible, you're not supposed to eat shellfish. Animals with hooves, pork, and bugs.

So there is no good way to cook them.

I'm not the food police....just sayinnnn.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          23233 Posts
                          Posted: July 22, 2010, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Both you and Jarasan subscribe to the Bible's teachings. I don't.

If you know your Bible, you're not supposed to eat shellfish. Animals with hooves, pork, and bugs.

So there is no good way to cook them.

I'm not the food police....just sayinnnn.

That's so Old Testament joker!

Big Smile

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: July 22, 2010, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

That's so Old Testament joker!

Big Smile

Oh boy...here we go again...

I guess the ten commandments don't apply anymore either...

So convenient to pick and choose what parts to believe in. tsk tsk tsk.....

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                              light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: July 22, 2010, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Oh boy...here we go again...

I guess the ten commandments don't apply anymore either...

So convenient to pick and choose what parts to believe in. tsk tsk tsk.....

the good DR was 100% correct,  it was OLD testament ceremonial laws,  aimed only at the jews to begin with for one,  and two, Jesus Christ fullfilled the "law" in His sacrifical death,  so that anyone now is free  from having to "keep the law",  in order to be righteous before God. 

we know your not exactly a "bible scholar" joker,  so maybe you ought to comment on things you actually know about,  instead of your occasional sarcastic forays into "our world".

and no.    the "10 commandments"  still apply to everyone,  including  YOU

i have a new "commandment"  for you......."thou shall not mess with believers here at LP

(sushi.  ummmmmm,  good)

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Page 8 of 16