Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe in "lucky" stores?

Topic closed. 227 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 2 of 16
PrintE-mailLink

If there are 2 stores and one sells a lot of big winners and the other doesn't, where do you go?

The "lucky" store cuz it's "lucky" [ 29 ]  [30.21%]
The other store cuz it's due for a winner [ 14 ]  [14.58%]
Whichever store is most convenient [ 53 ]  [55.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 96 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
Member #88435
March 16, 2010
397 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2010, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

You are only lucky as the women you feel...wait!?

LOL

$1,000,000

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 18, 2010, 1:19 am - IP Logged

You are only lucky as the women you feel...wait!?

LOL

I don't know what you're advocating THRUST but I'm ready to be a guinea pig for the sake of science.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      22969 Posts
      Posted: July 18, 2010, 1:56 am - IP Logged

I don't know what you're advocating THRUST but I'm ready to be a guinea pig for the sake of science.

lol rdgrnr! It's a good thing tiggs is in bed or else we'd be on our way to the p......

oh, nevermind, he'll catch up with you in the morning!

LOL

Talk about lucky stores...it all depends on who's visiting them. Some people can just suck the luck out of any place until there's not a lick of luck

left for anyone else. There's a gas station in my area where the gossip is more important than the gas - there's a guy - so I've heard (overheard)

that does nothing but win there. I never had a dang drop of luck come from that place. Ever. He took it all with him. I don't even bother buying

more than gas and an on the go beverage sometimes. It's useless.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: July 18, 2010, 2:26 am - IP Logged

I chose "Whichever store is most convenient."

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 18, 2010, 2:52 am - IP Logged

I chose "Whichever store is most convenient."

Thank you TSC and God bless Idaho and the patriots who make and have made their stand there.

I know one who became widely known in a tragic manner.

God Bless America and confound her enemies that now govern her.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 18, 2010, 3:03 am - IP Logged

lol rdgrnr! It's a good thing tiggs is in bed or else we'd be on our way to the p......

oh, nevermind, he'll catch up with you in the morning!

LOL

Talk about lucky stores...it all depends on who's visiting them. Some people can just suck the luck out of any place until there's not a lick of luck

left for anyone else. There's a gas station in my area where the gossip is more important than the gas - there's a guy - so I've heard (overheard)

that does nothing but win there. I never had a dang drop of luck come from that place. Ever. He took it all with him. I don't even bother buying

more than gas and an on the go beverage sometimes. It's useless.

Hey dr!

Tiggs and me are both heavily sedated at this time of the morning, the only difference is that he is strapped down with a spit guard and a strait jacket.

My sedation is self-induced and quite enjoyable.

--Edmund Burke

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
              Miami
              United States
              Member #62793
              July 9, 2008
              673 Posts
              Posted: July 18, 2010, 3:19 am - IP Logged

There's a Publix in my neighborhood that sold THREE Fantasy 5 winners in one week last year along with another one this year. The also sold a 16 mill Lotto winner in '94 and I believe a raffle millionaire 2 years ago.

Despite that, I don't like playing there. I go to the convenience store owned by an elderly Indian couple 2 minutes away. They've never sold a winner in anything so I'm thinking they're due.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: July 18, 2010, 4:13 am - IP Logged

There's a Publix in my neighborhood that sold THREE Fantasy 5 winners in one week last year along with another one this year. The also sold a 16 mill Lotto winner in '94 and I believe a raffle millionaire 2 years ago.

Despite that, I don't like playing there. I go to the convenience store owned by an elderly Indian couple 2 minutes away. They've never sold a winner in anything so I'm thinking they're due.

Thataway Nino, I like Indian people. Hindus are OK.

They're always friendly and helpful and best of all they won't blow you up if you don't believe in their God.

--Edmund Burke

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49813 Posts
                  Posted: July 18, 2010, 7:13 am - IP Logged

The Store that gives You the Most Winners!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

soothsayer's avatar - Soothsayer jpg?
                    SC
                    United States
                    Member #56656
                    November 28, 2007
                    511 Posts
                    Posted: July 18, 2010, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Thataway Nino, I like Indian people. Hindus are OK.

They're always friendly and helpful and best of all they won't blow you up if you don't believe in their God.

LOL , But they do get a little antsy if you sit down in front of them with a nice juicy ribeye.

Let the good times roll...

johngreek's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                      Patras,Achaia,Greece
                      Greece
                      Member #91329
                      May 15, 2010
                      42 Posts
                      Posted: July 18, 2010, 8:57 am - IP Logged

i generally agree with joker;s opinion

there is a store close to me (1min ride) gave a 1 million euros jackpot(15% tax) 2 months ago !! and i always thought of that store( i felt the urge to play there dont know why) before it hit the big one....there is another store where i have the feeling will hit a big pot.....i play there based on my weird intuition which most of the times comes true but thats another thread story lol

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                        NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3707 Posts
                        Posted: July 18, 2010, 9:14 am - IP Logged

As for me, I'm different.  I dont like to play repeatedly at any store.  I spread it around.  That way the clerks have no idea how addicted I am to the lottery!Crazy

Actually, I always play when I'm in Manhattan.  (not all that often)  More winners are sold in the NYC metropolitan area than anywhere else in NYC.  Must have sumthin to do with all those folks I see every time I go there..........

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: July 18, 2010, 10:16 am - IP Logged

LOL , But they do get a little antsy if you sit down in front of them with a nice juicy ribeye.

Before I recently moved, there was a Shell gas station I went to because it was very close. The Indian guy there is really nice, but he was always trying to sell me and everyone else who entered his store his fried chicken.

The other strange thing was that he had a dot on his forehead, with an arrow pointing to it that said.."You are here".

Very strange....

Litebets27's avatar - power
                            Maryland
                            United States
                            Member #10465
                            January 14, 2005
                            6065 Posts
                            Posted: July 18, 2010, 11:53 am - IP Logged

During the week I play mostly at one particular store. On the way home if I remembered a missed number I'll stop to play at any lottery retail agent that is close. On Sundays there is another store I prefer playing lottery.

During the week the store I play lottery has much to do with friendliness, comfort and comradeship. All other stops are for convenience.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #22395
                              September 24, 2005
                              1583 Posts
                              Posted: July 18, 2010, 11:56 am - IP Logged

It's true some stores sell some big winners but I don't know where they are.  I just go to the closest store or gas station.  Depends where I am at the time I remember to buy tickets. 

But what about the opposite?  The unlucky stores?  The store closest to me is one of the worst.  Ticket after ticket without ever so much as one correct number.  So I stopped going there.

Page 2 of 16