Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe in "lucky" stores?

Topic closed. 227 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRUST.

Page 9 of 16
PrintE-mailLink

If there are 2 stores and one sells a lot of big winners and the other doesn't, where do you go?

The "lucky" store cuz it's "lucky" [ 29 ]  [30.21%]
The other store cuz it's due for a winner [ 14 ]  [14.58%]
Whichever store is most convenient [ 53 ]  [55.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 96 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
Harbinger
D.C./MD.
United States
Member #44103
July 30, 2006
5583 Posts
Posted: July 22, 2010, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/<snip>roach_faq.html#Q11

Q11: Terri Lamb asks: I was told that lobsters are the "roaches of the sea".   Therefore, I was under the impression that roaches are crustaceans.   Is this at all true? And if it is not true, what is the relationship between a roach and a lobster?

A: Terri,
As both a lobster and roach lover I can give you a reasonably authoritative answer.   If you go to the Tree of Life WWW page at the level Arthropod (Phylum), you will see that <snip>roaches are insects (Class Hexapoda) and lobsters are decapod crustaceans (Class Crustacea); they are two groups in the same phylum, URL:

Tree of Life (at Arthropoda level)

You can move up the tree to see how arthropods are related to other animals.

Beyond classification which should reflect the lobster and <snip>roach evolutionary relationship, the term 'roaches of the sea' reflects the behavior of lobsters as omnivorous scavengers.   <snip>roaches will eat almost anything organic and so will lobsters.   They clean up the dead and dying plants and animals in their environment.

So much for the delicious taste of lobster?

Tree of life below:

Tree of Life (at Arthropoda level)

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

A web project.

http://tolweb.org/tree/home.pages/abouttol.html

Amateurs and enthusiasts.

Cause of death:

Too much lobster.  Happens all the time.

joker,  you have a real need to rain $h1t on anything anyone likes or believes,  it gives you some kind of weird thrill or satisfaction, it makes you feel better about yourself.    And it comes and goes,  something sets you off,........... and bam your dissing my lobsters or someone's belief in God.

Today you managed to mix lobsters with the bible just to make an idiotic point.

I think I'm taking everyone out for surf and turf tomorrow night and dedicate the evening to Joker17 somewhere in Fla..  The surf will be lobsters and the turf,  filet mignon or t-bone whatever they want. 

So good together:

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 22, 2010, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Ok;...OKAYYY!!! Joker17, thanks so much for the information!! Now tell us how we can eat it and not get food poisoning; because eat it I will !!!!!

So please; give up the information on the proper consumption of the sea roach I love to eat!! Cracked with the condiments that Jarasan told me...Mmmmm...so good!

I like my Sea Roaches with melted butter (not margarine!) and nothing else.

Put the lemon in someone's sweet tea or something, just keep it away from my Sea Roach!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: July 22, 2010, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

the good DR was 100% correct,  it was OLD testament ceremonial laws,  aimed only at the jews to begin with for one,  and two, Jesus Christ fullfilled the "law" in His sacrifical death,  so that anyone now is free  from having to "keep the law",  in order to be righteous before God. 

we know your not exactly a "bible scholar" joker,  so maybe you ought to comment on things you actually know about,  instead of your occasional sarcastic forays into "our world".

and no.    the "10 commandments"  still apply to everyone,  including  YOU

i have a new "commandment"  for you......."thou shall not mess with believers here at LP

(sushi.  ummmmmm,  good)

I don't have to be a Bible scholar to know that you relogious folks like to cherry pick what you want to believe in and what not to believe.

Mess with believers?....Ha....I have a field day with your inconsistencies that you trip over and over.....

Let me know when you get your story straight....

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: July 22, 2010, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

A web project.

http://tolweb.org/tree/home.pages/abouttol.html

Amateurs and enthusiasts.

Cause of death:

Too much lobster.  Happens all the time.

joker,  you have a real need to rain $h1t on anything anyone likes or believes,  it gives you some kind of weird thrill or satisfaction, it makes you feel better about yourself.    And it comes and goes,  something sets you off,........... and bam your dissing my lobsters or someone's belief in God.

Today you managed to mix lobsters with the bible just to make an idiotic point.

I think I'm taking everyone out for surf and turf tomorrow night and dedicate the evening to Joker17 somewhere in Fla..  The surf will be lobsters and the turf,  filet mignon or t-bone whatever they want. 

So good together:

OK, jarasan, from now on I'll agree with everything everyone says here. I don't want to upset anyone. I'll just nod my head in agreement.

I expect you and everyone else to do the same. No discussions at all.

I expect every reply in every thread to start and end with..."I agree".

There.....are you happy now?

Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: July 22, 2010, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I'm still going for sea roaches and moo moo steaks.   Did you know we are related to moo moos and quick piggies?  Just a little DNA here and there...............

Piggies

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: July 22, 2010, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm still going for sea roaches and moo moo steaks.   Did you know we are related to moo moos and quick piggies?  Just a little DNA here and there...............

Piggies

I Agree!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2010, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Piggies

Yeah, but I'll bet 99% of the ones related to em are in Kentucky.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: July 22, 2010, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I don't have to be a Bible scholar to know that you relogious folks like to cherry pick what you want to believe in and what not to believe.

Mess with believers?....Ha....I have a field day with your inconsistencies that you trip over and over.....

Let me know when you get your story straight....

nope,  you be the cherry picker at LP so far,  joker.     what i stated,  was 100%  congruent from start to finish biblical truth.

once again,  your chip on the shoulder bias precedes your 'knowledge' about all things biblical.     AGAIN

you read and parrot anti-Christian sites,  because you can't defend against it yourself,  and you cannot even investigate a "truth",  before you spit it out to start with. 

the truth about you is........you really HAVE no idea what's true about what you stated,  because you have never put in the effort it takes to be a "non parrot".

you can't debate a continuous loop like yourself,  because all you do is hit the play button, and whatever comes out,  comes out. 

this is serious stuff with eternal consequences attached to it. 

do you ever think you will be man enough to actually investigate it withOUT a beginning unbiased bent, and not just spit garbage out automatically?     measuring the size of the "chip" on your shoulder thru the computer,  probably not.

*********************************************************************************************

yeah sure,  that's a joke. 

the last time i painted you into a corner on your position,  and offered you the chance to debate me on my "presentation"  of factual history,  you ran for the hills and hide under your rock., leaving a trail of excuses behind you.

you only came out from hiding,  behind the skirt of another,  or to do what your famous for in here.......hitting and running.

anytime you think you have the goods to lay out the trip line in here,  bring it.

either bring it,  or lay off taking swipes at people who believe other than what you DON'T.

LOVE,  VD  (janitor for the "believers")

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: July 22, 2010, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

nope,  you be the cherry picker at LP so far,  joker.     what i stated,  was 100%  congruent from start to finish biblical truth.

once again,  your chip on the shoulder bias precedes your 'knowledge' about all things biblical.     AGAIN

you read and parrot anti-Christian sites,  because you can't defend against it yourself,  and you cannot even investigate a "truth",  before you spit it out to start with. 

the truth about you is........you really HAVE no idea what's true about what you stated,  because you have never put in the effort it takes to be a "non parrot".

you can't debate a continuous loop like yourself,  because all you do is hit the play button, and whatever comes out,  comes out. 

do you ever think you will be man enough to actually investigate it withOUT a beginning unbiased bent, and not just spit garbage out automatically?     measuring the size of the "chip" on your shoulder thru the computer,  probably not.

*********************************************************************************************

the last time i painted you into a corner on your position,  and offered you the chance to debate me on my "presentation"  of factual history,  you ran for the hills and hide under your rock., leaving a trail of excuses behind you.

you only came out from hiding,  behind the skirt of another,  or to do what your famous for in here.......hitting and running.

anytime you think you have the goods to lay out the trip line in here,  bring it.

either bring it,  or lay off taking swipes at people who believe other than what you DON'T.

You got that one pegged!  I think he really means well,  but when it comes to answering a direct question,  the topic changes or becomes irrelevant to him.  For eg. mortality,  death,  the answer to all who deny God, eternity is a concept that eludes those caught in a loop.

light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: July 22, 2010, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

You got that one pegged!  I think he really means well,  but when it comes to answering a direct question,  the topic changes or becomes irrelevant to him.  For eg. mortality,  death,  the answer to all who deny God, eternity is a concept that eludes those caught in a loop.

he has his moments of non profanity humanity.     he just needs a dose of stopjerkitis from time to time

the thing is,  i don't like to have to do that,  but it's necessary for the respect factor,  otherwise a guy like that turns it into an olympic sport,  and that be an unecessary evil in here.

people like that attempt to intimidate others into "silence",  because most people don't want to go thru the effort it takes to step to someone like him.

unfortunately for him,  i am not "most people".

i don't wanna play "bad cop",  but as long as i am in here,  i won't sit there and watch someone play that game,  and not "match them".

you don't have  to believe........just don't be an unpurposeful drip toward others who do.

otherwise,   i am your new BFF

as always,  love,  VD

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: July 23, 2010, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Both you and Jarasan subscribe to the Bible's teachings. I don't.

If you know your Bible, you're not supposed to eat shellfish. Animals with hooves, pork, and bugs.

So there is no good way to cook them.

I'm not the food police....just sayinnnn.

Joker don't get that way, sure you can desagree, you have that right!

And Joker you are right, there are dietery LAws that ALMIGHTY GOD placed upon people what they should eat and not eat!! and It's good for us to stick to.....

but If you eat shell fish or sea roaches  you are not going to HELL,  HE said it would render you unclean for the day because you eat it! 

There where also things like not Being in the same room with some one who died because it will render you unclean for 7 days!!!

Joker I love Lobster what do you want!  I Love Lobster ...Love those sea roaches!!  

I am not going to go to Hell because I eat a Lobster here there and every where....!!! With the condiments that Jarasan  said....mmmmm..... Delicious!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2010, 10:19 am - IP Logged

Biblical truth? Are you on drugs?

Everywhere you look, some group claims they have a monopoly on truth. Give me a big fat break already. You wouldn't know truth if it crawled up your butt.

The following is something you can chew on, and then come back and tell me more lies about what truth is, or better yet, distort what Jesus supposedly said. I can't wait to see what you write after reading the following.....pfffftttttt.....truth....ha You guys can't even agree with each other with so many different denominations. Not to mention other religions all claiming to be correct. Yet you want me to take you seriously......

This is just a waste of my time, and you keep making me beat a dead horse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, you've all seen the scriptures in the old testament. The hateful abrahamic laws followed on a guru level by the pharisees... the commands that could not have come from any sort of loving being, asking for the death of petty offenders, inequality of the sexes, owning and mistreatment of slaves, and so on. What's the deal with them? Do they really come from God, or is it some sort of misunderstanding?

Well, the general Christian story is that Jesus came and invalidated those laws. That his sacrafice allowed us to be forgiven instead. But does Jesus really want Christians to not kill wicked children and homosexuals? Does he want them to treat women as men and be slaves for good rather than own slaves? The Bible says that he doesn't.

Matthew 5:17-20 states:
                        "17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

This is not taken out of context. These are the words of Jesus, speaking to a crowd. It is not a parable, or a story, it is truly what Jesus meant to say. What this means is that all of the 613 abrahamic laws that were practiced by the pharisees are to be practiced by every disciple of Jesus who wishes to make their way to heaven, and if even one is not followed, nor encouraged by that person, they will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. This means that Jesus wants Christians to:

-Murder homosexual men (Leviticus 20:13)
                        -Murder disobediant children (Deut 21:18-21)
                        -Give women no authority over men (1 Timothy 2:12)
                        -Not allow women to speak in church (1 Corinthians 14)
                        -Own slaves if desired, and beat them as long as they do not die. (Exodus 21:20)

The list goes on. If this is how life was today, we would be living in a barbaric world.

So, how do Christians defend this argument? Simple:
                        A - they tell you that you took them out of context.

B - they tell you that, as a non believer, you cannot possibly understand what was meant.

C - they tell you that what you think it says isn't what it says, and what it says is the complete opposite of what it means.

D - they ignore your observations.

E - they shake their head sadly and say "I will pray for you"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2010, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I never answered that question, not because I ran to the hills like visiondude says, but because it was a rediculous question. Simply put, i'll answer your question anyways just to make you happy.

That is simply an interpretation form the Bible, to which YOU and millions of others adhere to.

Another reason I didn't answer your question is because I've written that above statement so many times before in the LP, that I thought I covered it already.

And for the record, If you also missed my numerous reflections on God, I never denied his existence. I only said that I don't believe in organized religion. I don't claim to know for a fact whether God exists or not. And if he does exist, I questioned why he allows 20,000 kids to die everyday, and other really hard questions that NO ONE can answer to my satisfaction, because they answer with more quotes from the Bible, not from their own mind. No one knows for sure. And if I claimed to know the secrets to the universe, I'd be just as guilty as the other 370 trillion religions out there claiming to have a monopoly on truth.

Give me a break already....

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2010, 10:51 am - IP Logged

Joker don't get that way, sure you can desagree, you have that right!

And Joker you are right, there are dietery LAws that ALMIGHTY GOD placed upon people what they should eat and not eat!! and It's good for us to stick to.....

but If you eat shell fish or sea roaches  you are not going to HELL,  HE said it would render you unclean for the day because you eat it! 

There where also things like not Being in the same room with some one who died because it will render you unclean for 7 days!!!

Joker I love Lobster what do you want!  I Love Lobster ...Love those sea roaches!!  

I am not going to go to Hell because I eat a Lobster here there and every where....!!! With the condiments that Jarasan  said....mmmmm..... Delicious!!!

You're absolutely correct. I have the right to disagree. It's my opinion. But they think that I'm trying to change their beliefs. Even if I was trying to change their beliefs, it wouldn't happen in a million years.

They simply don't like anyone with a different view, because they believe God has personally told them they are correct, and all the other trillions of religions are all wrong.

It makes me sick.

Why is it so difficult for them to understand?

I never said you would go to hell because I don't believe in hell or heaven. All I said was that it was stated in the Bible, and there must've been a reason why it was there. Furthermore, people sometimes like to cherry pick what part of the Bible they want to believe in. So...because lobster tastes so good, we'll just ignore that pasrt in the Bible because it was the old testatment.....what?....And of course I just posted something on that issue to visiondude's response.

Years ago, I used to debate my dad about eating pork. He's not religous, but because of tradition, he abides to some of the Islamic laws. We used to go back and forth on the subject of eating pork. He claimed that pork has bacteria that isn't good for the body. My defense was that if you cook anything above 160 degrees, it kills whatever is in there. And the reason for not eating pork back then was because those people didn't really know how to handle meat properly. Well, dad was right. Many many years later I was watching something on T.V. about this subject, and the show claimed that some form of the damage done by the bacteria would always be there even after high temperatures. Years later I surfed the net and found something similar.

So I was basically saying that there may be some sort of damage done...maybe. Especially if you eat the green tomale.

Not a big deal, just an idea I had which got turned around. Anyways, I smoke, drink, eat shellfish and red meat, so it's not like I'm preaching. I'm also aware of what I put in my body. I was simply sharing what I learned.

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

well joker,  at least you came out to fully play out your spillages this time.

must have been a little "claustrophobic"  under that rock you were under for awhile there.   shoot,  i bet bin laden has air conditioning / heating and satellite TV under his.    you could have made it "work".

but no,  the "last time" i offered to prove  to you that Jesus Christ is who He claimed to be from Gods word by systematically going thru the odds of one man in history fullfilling pre-predicted prophecy,  you cried Scared,  and ran for the hills.

BTW,  that "offer" is more than still on the table.   i would love nothing more than to slide that in front of your eyes,  and "see"  what excuse you dream up on the fly,  post history lesson.

i told you before,  i can more than handle anything you can manufacture as to it "not being true".

there is one thing i never do, and that's back out the side door just because something like this takes effort / time.

there isn't a scenario you can dream up,  that i can't handle.  given your history of messing with people in the "minor leagues" (knowledge wise),  that has to be some really bad news, eh?

there is only one caveat in me proceeding to demonstrate your not a man of "knowledge" per se,  but a man that spits out "anti's"  based on "already against"   bias.

do i handle you here,  in this thread,  for all to see,  and thereby flood this thread?     or you want it in a PM?

either way,  you bit off more than you can spit

for the record,  i could care less if anyone has a differeing opinion.     just don't be a jerk about it,  and you are

your a disrespectful 46 year old.   

you need to go to night college,  and take social interaction classes

let me know what you would like to do.    love,  VISION

Page 9 of 16