Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying?

Topic closed. 421 replies. Last post 6 years ago by visiondude.

Page 16 of 29
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #81843
October 31, 2009
856 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2010, 3:03 am - IP Logged

I didn't expect this thread to be this long....

I agree.

I think the thing that keeps that fool going has totally rotted out the core of his brain. 

Like that one world-class boxer who is an empty jug until he talks about the god that gave him that win with an unseen punch. Then he is articulate, then he is truely animated, then he is,......

I usually do not go to this extent with people who are confounded with half truths and lies fabricated from the truth. I really do not like to waste time on one who is so committed to declare error, but each has to make an informed decision. The door will not always be open and I do believe time is short to be sealed with the promise of God. It truly is a limited time offer:

You must choose,…. But choose wisely.

Get your God right

DD

United States
    Member #81843
    October 31, 2009
    856 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2010, 3:41 am - IP Logged

"human beings" aren't to be WORSHIPPED < and Christ was

These too are gods?

Acts 10:25
    And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
    Acts 10:24-26 (in Context) Acts 10 (Whole Chapter)

Daniel 2:46
    Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.
    Daniel 2:45-47 (in Context) Daniel 2 (Whole Chapter)

DD

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2010, 4:08 am - IP Logged

"human beings" aren't to be WORSHIPPED < and Christ was

These too are gods?

Acts 10:25
      And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
      Acts 10:24-26 (in Context) Acts 10 (Whole Chapter)

Daniel 2:46
      Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.
      Daniel 2:45-47 (in Context) Daniel 2 (Whole Chapter)

DD

THANK YOU.........for demonstrating how cults bend the rules of biblical interpretation by PURPOSEFULLY leaving out verse 26,  which reads.....

26But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

(only God can be Worshipped,  and peter rejected it.   you also know,  that daniel would not have accepted worship either)

**********************************************************************************************

DD, don't make it that easy on me by including a link where i can read your wishful exclusion in all it's contextual form.

only God can be Worshipped.  and Jesus Christ was, and will ALWAYS be "Worshipped".

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2010, 4:10 am - IP Logged

I agree.

I think the thing that keeps that fool going has totally rotted out the core of his brain. 

Like that one world-class boxer who is an empty jug until he talks about the god that gave him that win with an unseen punch. Then he is articulate, then he is truely animated, then he is,......

I usually do not go to this extent with people who are confounded with half truths and lies fabricated from the truth. I really do not like to waste time on one who is so committed to declare error, but each has to make an informed decision. The door will not always be open and I do believe time is short to be sealed with the promise of God. It truly is a limited time offer:

You must choose,…. But choose wisely.

Get your God right

DD

call me what you will, but at least i don't even look at the back door,  much less head for it, exiting out the dark alley of excuses.

you will never catch me anywhere but standing straight up, right on the front porch.

been around LP for many years.  got tons of posts archived.  FIND ONE where i EVER was the first one to leave a debate about any subject matter,  much less one containing the weight about who God is.

read the thread.  you are the one that pulled out your water pistol, not me.  all i did was engage your arrogance, and then over time,  i shone the light on what you REALLY believe,  in comparison to what you are used to getting by with.

don't cry to others, just because you met someone that can actually counter what you say/believe. 

i knew, that once we got to this juncture in our little "back-and-forth",  that as soon as i pulled back the veil on who you really believe Jesus Christ is,  in comparison to what you keep trying to sell to the reading audience who the Jesus Christ is that you want them to believe.  wait till that happens.   care to stick around for that conclusion?

"if" you have the so-called "truth",  you ain't afraid to show it, and "it" isn't validated by what others think, anyway.

because when that veil is torn in half (pun intended),  your "Jesus" has an identity issue.

"he" can't decide who he is.  is he just a man, or a superhuman man, or some hybrid of a man?

stay in the game,  and maybe you can "convince" people that one day,  you too can become a "god".......or that you already are "little gods"  (which has now become a common prosperity teaching point)

typical cult behavior.  can't exclude Christ completely,  so they "keep Him in",  but they reduce Him to just a "man".

nope,  you cannot Worship ......."just a man"

i shall call your cult "DNA international"  (in honor of your wildly rediculous claim that mary posssessed "Gods DNA")

ummm.  your "discovery" has been around longer than i had previously thunk.  according to the googlemaster, DNA was discovered in 1869.   i had no idea the bible was clueless on who created Jesus Christ  in mary's womb,  until 1869.

or until you dreamed that one up, after an emotionally charger episode of C.S.I.

i don't blame you for being scotts hamilton's brother-from-another-mother, and doing your back flip out the back door.

it's what people do,  once they cannot defend the indefensible any longer.

i pull back the veil.  it's what i do

just be thankful you don't sell "guaranteed winning lottery systems"  to others in here.  you should read my posts on how i handled them...

VISIONifyoushootfirstexpectyourownriccochetDUDE

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:01 am - IP Logged

What I don’t get is why the book’s Author wasted so much ink on Jesus Christ’s roots?

Matthew 1:1
          The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
          Matthew 1:1-3 (in Context) Matthew 1 (Whole Chapter)

*Generation here is genealogy or pedigree. Should I care about boring geneologies? Blah. blah , blah....

Luke 3:23
          And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

(as was supposed)= as was reckoned by the law. Jesus was considered a <snip> son in his home town. A SOB. Luke 3:23 reads the genealogy through ,….

Luke 3:38
          Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
          Luke 3:37-38 (in Context) Luke 3 (Whole Chapter)

OMG! Adam was the first S.O.G.!

There you have it! Adam was a son of God- the first, but not the first begotten (monogenes) Son of God. But Adam was first, DD! Was he not monogenes, DD?    DD: He was the son of God because Adam was created by God (his spirit from God, upon him on a condition: obedience). The angles are so called for the same reason. No, Adam was not monogenes, he was formed, made, created- but not begotten through blood-line genetics. When God creates something, it never existed before, neither the components. Something from nothing. The second Adam was not created, he was from the bloodline from the first.

So much ink wasted on someone’s roots! There must be a reason! The blood line! The blood line had to legally be in order for Jesus to be the monogenes and the woman’s seed. The book fits perfectly a sound mind.

Genesis 3:15
          And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
          Genesis 3:14-16 (in Context) Genesis 3 (Whole Chapter)

Romans 5:15
          But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
          Romans 5:14-16 (in Context) Romans 5 (Whole Chapter)

1 Timothy 2:5
          For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
          1 Timothy 2:4-6 (in Context) 1 Timothy 2 (Whole Chapter)

The man Christ Jesus! Not God. The order of the name indicates the victorious one, ascended and seated at the right hand of God. Where the heck is Adam? A: Dead.

1. 1 John 4:2
            Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
            1 John 4:1-3 (in Context) 1 John 4 (Whole Chapter)
          2. 1 John 4:3
            And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
            1 John 4:2-4 (in Context) 1 John 4 (Whole Chapter)
          3. 2 John 1:7
            For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
            2 John 1:6-8 (in Context) 2 John 1 (Whole Chapter)

Get your kicks on route 666 or get your God right.

DD

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

United States
            Member #81843
            October 31, 2009
            856 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2010, 8:28 am - IP Logged

HEY Vision FREAK,

You know you got some pretty serious intellectual egotistical bent going. You like to debate and have the last word like you win or something. You chide a member for not staying in the fray because he is smarter than me. You got this cult dialog going like people should not read the bible and NOT look closer at it for what it says, even if it is opposed to some old traditional doctrine.

One denomination has the bible in third place in canonical order of importance, second place is tradition and first place is what some guy in a chair sez. Kind of backward if you ask me, and I and many can do without the first and second place pedophiles.

Do you really think you win by logic? What you say and what the book says are in conflict. I have no interest in convincing you otherwise of your traditions. I knew what I was dealing with when you said the Word of God was a lie, a “biblical lie”. You have driven this discussion about prayer into a grandstand for you self ordained confrontational ministry of error. I have nothing to defend. Especially what is written in the book you claim to know.

Matthew 15:3
            But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
            Matthew 15:2-4 (in Context) Matthew 15 (Whole Chapter)

Mark 7:8
            For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
            Mark 7:7-9 (in Context) Mark 7 (Whole Chapter)

Mark 7:9
            And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
            Mark 7:8-10 (in Context) Mark 7 (Whole Chapter)

Mark 7:13
            Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
            Mark 7:12-14 (in Context) Mark 7 (Whole Chapter)

Colossians 2:8
            Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
            Colossians 2:7-9 (in Context) Colossians 2 (Whole Chapter)

It really messes with peoples heads when they find out black is white and up is down. The whole traditional thinking pattern is deeply engrained in the minds of many. Some cannot even hear the words that are written because they have been spiritually blinded. When the blind lead the blind,…I must take counsel.

Matthew 15:14
            Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
            Matthew 15:13-15(in Context) Matthew 15(Whole Chapter)

Luke 6:39
            And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
            Luke 6:38-40(in Context) Luke 6(Whole Chapter)

1. Matthew 13:38
              The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
              Matthew 13:37-39 (in Context) Matthew 13 (Whole Chapter)
            2. Matthew 13:40
              As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
              Matthew 13:39-41 (in Context) Matthew 13 (Whole Chapter)
            3. Matthew 25:32
              And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
              Matthew 25:31-33 (in Context) Matthew 25 (Whole Chapter)
            4. Matthew 25:33
              And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
              Matthew 25:32-34 (in Context) Matthew 25 (Whole Chapter)

I get answers to prayer by finding the promises and claiming them for my own, no matter what any man says.

Acts 5:29
            Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
            Acts 5:28-30(in Context) Acts 5(Whole Chapter)

Amen to that!

DD

PS you would be hard pressed to find one denomination or group that teaches 'monogenes'.

There is not a one that does. 

Mankind is just starting to manipulate genetics. Through genetic engineering the major food crops are becoming mono-genetic in another way. Gene splicing can be done because mankind invented it? My book says NO. There is nothing new under the sun.

JESUS CHRIST IS NOT GOD.

Broulir32's avatar - 112

United States
              Member #67381
              November 24, 2008
              282 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2010, 9:21 am - IP Logged

"Get your kicks on route 666 or get your God right."

THIS IS THE BEST LINE ON WHOLE LOTTERY POST HANDS DOWN       LMAO :) Wink

DD u got a new fan .

And the answer is ???       U won't get it, if u don't ask the question ??

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2010, 9:49 am - IP Logged

You started it with the simple word praying it has been done before by others and takes us down a never ending road of truth and fallacy.

I don't recommend lottery and praying about for a win. People are going to pray for a lottery win no matter what.

I firmly believe if God wants us to have lots of money he will make that a possibility. If he doesn't want us to have lots of money then he will make that happen also.

Don't mix lottery and God.

Praying for money when one is desperate might be a good thing though. But praying for money for the sake of having it is a no - no.

If a person is physically and mentally capable of working for a living, then he/she should be capable of making enough money to live out their lives in complete harmony.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22872 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2010, 10:00 am - IP Logged

DD Is it:

Jesus Christ is not God?...Do you mean was not God when he walked the earth? Or is not one with God now? Or both?

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2010, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

You started it with the simple word praying it has been done before by others and takes us down a never ending road of truth and fallacy.

I don't recommend lottery and praying about for a win. People are going to pray for a lottery win no matter what.

I firmly believe if God wants us to have lots of money he will make that a possibility. If he doesn't want us to have lots of money then he will make that happen also.

Don't mix lottery and God.

Praying for money when one is desperate might be a good thing though. But praying for money for the sake of having it is a no - no.

If a person is physically and mentally capable of working for a living, then he/she should be capable of making enough money to live out their lives in complete harmony.

four4me, adding my 0.1cent..ALMIGHTY GOD IS ALL GOD!!  HE can do what ever HE pleases, HE can use the Lottery to Bless you with your Finances.

Why should we have to wait untill things are desperate before we start Praying for Financial help!!!    

If I can Pray for help with Children, Husband, FAMILY and They are way more valuable that Money!!!!

I can pray for help with money also!!! Just saying.. 

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2010, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

God does not help you with winning the lottery..If that's true he must be the one helping you with the losing also and there is tons of more losers then winners..Don't think God is that mean,do you?..

light on my feet
                        United States
                        Member #356
                        May 20, 2002
                        2744 Posts
                        Posted: June 25, 2010, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

DD,  your're willifull mis-handling of the derivitive of "monogenes",  as your excuse as to Christ being "begotten" (as you assert, only "human", and not God), in the same sense as adam was,  thereby reducing Jesus Christ down to "just a man",  is not only rediculous,  but easily handled.

you could have pulled your little scam years ago on many people, but not today.  THANK GOD for google,  and the access it provides to men who have exposed this blatant lie for what it is.  men who actually know the original languages and their nuances, who don't purposely change / omit,  because they don't have to.   unlike your consistent methodoloGEEEEEE

i shall consult the gogglemaster later, and be back with what i find later, and then i will handle everything else you can throw against the wall.

he will skate from that,  because he knows that really lifts the veil of his "beliefs".

Jesus Christ received Worship , and courted it as well

not only that ongoing fact, everyone of us will "bow our knee's to Him" one day.   what,  you bow your knee to a man?

sorry DD, you cannot pass off the possibility that Christ was "only a man". 

*********************************************************************************************to the reading audience ;  notice how DD REFUSED to specifically state his "version" of who Jesus Christ is in his cult creedo?

kinda (purposefully) skipped over that part about if he is a good guy,  maybe he too can be a "god" someday.  didn't address that eiither.  gee,  i wonder why?

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2010, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

God does not help you with winning the lottery..If that's true he must be the one helping you with the losing also and there is tons of more losers then winners..Don't think God is that mean,do you?..

Tiggs, with all the love in my heart I must remind you that you won't know this,  since you pray to mother/sister/cousin "Luck" That's who you believe in! I can't stop you if that's your strong belief........ I'll Tell you this; 

You have no Idea,  how many Times I have been Blessed with the Lottery on many...many ocassions; when I needed it... HE stepped in met my needs with the lottery!!! Up to very recently!!! I owe no man for this!!!

I said  ALMIGHTY GOD can DO!!!  Anything!!! HE IS GOD! HE needs no permission from us. HE CAN  even cause someone to win the Lottery!!!

We can't put HIM in a Box, or Limit HIM!!!  HE SAID "For MY THOUGHTS  are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY WAYS for as the Heavens are Higher than the earth so are MY WAYS HIGHER than yours and MY THOUGHTS HIGHER that your thoughts" Isaiah 55:8

SO I don't lean on my own understanding as much as possible, I am still under construccion and HE is not finish with me yet!

Since satan would not want any good thing for me, or any of ALMIGHTY GOD'S children, he is not going to help me to win the Lottery

And I would not want it any other way--he hates my guts...and the feeling is mutual!!    Carry on tiggs. much love to you!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: June 25, 2010, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Why would God help a witch like Bunky win millions..That is the qusetion of the ages..or maybe it was the Devil who made Bunky a millionaire..Much love to you jrosina..

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10347 Posts
                              Posted: June 25, 2010, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

victorl3ichiban,

It happens sometimes, and a few of us have "threads I wish I didn't start" files, or threads that just go down "rabbit trails". "If you go chasing rabbits...."

One time I started a thread (I'm not even going to bring thre topic up so as not to hijack your thread) and in the OP of that thread I asked a question using the word "obligated". Big boo boo, that became the focus of the thread nd the discussion was tantamount to going frm New York to Boston by way of Phoenix.

jrosina,

Praying for some help with a Pick 3 or Pick 4, maybe, because you"re not really shutting other people out. I've read volumes about angels and prayer and most of the authors state praying to win a jackpot for yourseld is in essence praying that everyone else loses, and such prayers "do not compute" so to speak.

Ut oh.

We have a long time friend of my wife's that we play Mega Millions or Powerball with. When the jackpots build up he gets into a lather about it. It took a long time to convince him we should play the same numbers on separate tickets so if we did hit we'd avoid forming a trust, etc....

Well, when the jackpot gets really pumped up my prayer is that someone, somewhere hits it so he'll calm down again. Be nice if it was us, but please let somebody hit it!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Page 16 of 29