Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying?

Topic closed. 421 replies. Last post 7 years ago by visiondude.

Page 17 of 29
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8394 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2010, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Why would God help a witch like Bunky win millions..That is the qusetion of the ages..or maybe it was the Devil who made Bunky a millionaire..Much love to you jrosina..

Because some people were born lucky I know people in Bunkys family. He may be a bit excentric but he is money wise or was money wise before he won the lottery. It remains to be seen what will become of his wealth.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
    New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2010, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

victorl3ichiban,

It happens sometimes, and a few of us have "threads I wish I didn't start" files, or threads that just go down "rabbit trails". "If you go chasing rabbits...."

One time I started a thread (I'm not even going to bring thre topic up so as not to hijack your thread) and in the OP of that thread I asked a question using the word "obligated". Big boo boo, that became the focus of the thread nd the discussion was tantamount to going frm New York to Boston by way of Phoenix.

jrosina,

Praying for some help with a Pick 3 or Pick 4, maybe, because you"re not really shutting other people out. I've read volumes about angels and prayer and most of the authors state praying to win a jackpot for yourseld is in essence praying that everyone else loses, and such prayers "do not compute" so to speak.

Ut oh.

We have a long time friend of my wife's that we play Mega Millions or Powerball with. When the jackpots build up he gets into a lather about it. It took a long time to convince him we should play the same numbers on separate tickets so if we did hit we'd avoid forming a trust, etc....

Well, when the jackpot gets really pumped up my prayer is that someone, somewhere hits it so he'll calm down again. Be nice if it was us, but please let somebody hit it!

Coin...Never looked at it that way before! You are right!! I do want others to win, all the time!! really win...even tiggs!..Lol....Lol..

like  the BIg Mega Jackpots...Yes!!  may as many of the LPers  Hit it! I would do a back...well..maybe not a back flip...I can't do that anymore;  but I can still run around and jump and Scream with joy... Please GOD let one or several of the Lottery Post Family members  Hit!   hit Big!!Thumbs UpParty

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8394 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2010, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

four4me, adding my 0.1cent..ALMIGHTY GOD IS ALL GOD!!  HE can do what ever HE pleases, HE can use the Lottery to Bless you with your Finances.

Why should we have to wait untill things are desperate before we start Praying for Financial help!!!    

If I can Pray for help with Children, Husband, FAMILY and They are way more valuable that Money!!!!

I can pray for help with money also!!! Just saying.. 

Like i said people are going to pray for a lottery win no matter what their circumstances are. Be they poor or rich money makes things happen for lots of people but we all must consider the bigger picture.

It is unknown before the draw if you are the winner, after the draw if you are a winner you will be judged in the end as to what you did with your new found wealth. I'm not talking pick 3-4 games I'm talking people who win millions. And even if people squander all their winnings they can still find gods grace and be seated in his kingdom.

Money is of no part of God's being he could care less about money. Money is man's device.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Why would God help a witch like Bunky win millions..That is the qusetion of the ages..or maybe it was the Devil who made Bunky a millionaire..Much love to you jrosina..

tiggs, only the calendar will tell who is who! you may not really know this person! I don't know the person, they might have done one great thing in the Eyes of GOD, not in ours!!  

Then again the devil does put stumbling block in peoples lives...Maybe some become Millionaires, because it will ruin their life and pull them from GOD, and that is exactly what the devil wants, if your heart is not correct..your millions are not going to make it correct!  Who Knows?? ...only GOD knows!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

In an effort to lighten things up a little, this was a favorite of Henny Youngman's that he liked to tell in Vegas.

A guy who liked to play the ponies was at the track and got a tip on a horse named Roscoe. He put everything he had on him to win and prayed that Roscoe would in fact win.

As the race started, he prayed, "Please Lord, this one horse, this one race, a little help. "

And last out the gate, i'ts Roscoe.

"Please Lord, a little help. I'll stop drinking, I promise". 

Coming up from behind, it's Roscoe.

"Please Lord, please, I'll quit smoking cigars, too."

And pouring it on now, it's Roscoe.

Coming into the stretch,  now in third it's Roscoe!

Then Roscoe really opens up and takes the lead.

The guy takes his flask out of his pcket, has a nip, lights a cigar, and sayd, "Thanks Lord, I can take it from here."

He starts beating the rail in front of his seat with his racing form and yells, "Run Roscoe run, you @#$%**."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Because some people were born lucky I know people in Bunkys family. He may be a bit excentric but he is money wise or was money wise before he won the lottery. It remains to be seen what will become of his wealth.

Witches leads to witchcraft..tiggs was asking jrosina why would God helped a witch if like she says God is the one who wins the lottery for you..

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

In an effort to lighten things up a little, this was a favorite of Henny Youngman's that he liked to tell in Vegas.

A guy who liked to play the ponies was at the track and got a tip on a horse named Roscoe. He put everything he had on him to win and prayed that Roscoe would in fact win.

As the race started, he prayed, "Please Lord, this one horse, this one race, a little help. "

And last out the gate, i'ts Roscoe.

"Please Lord, a little help. I'll stop drinking, I promise". 

Coming up from behind, it's Roscoe.

"Please Lord, please, I'll quit smoking cigars, too."

And pouring it on now, it's Roscoe.

Coming into the stretch,  now in third it's Roscoe!

Then Roscoe really opens up and takes the lead.

The guy takes his flask out of his pcket, has a nip, lights a cigar, and sayd, "Thanks Lord, I can take it from here."

He starts beating the rail in front of his seat with his racing form and yells, "Run Roscoe run, you @#$%**."

Coinnnn!!,.HAHAHAHAHAHHAAaaaa...OH..MY goodness that is sooooo funny...Oh..Oh..ohMy goodness how true that is dough...we..we...LOLhaaa LOloHahhahahaaaa....I can't stop lLMHOoooofff  Too too funny.....!!!!ROFLBig SmileBig Smile!ROFLGreen laugh

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Coin...Never looked at it that way before! You are right!! I do want others to win, all the time!! really win...even tiggs!..Lol....Lol..

like  the BIg Mega Jackpots...Yes!!  may as many of the LPers  Hit it! I would do a back...well..maybe not a back flip...I can't do that anymore;  but I can still run around and jump and Scream with joy... Please GOD let one or several of the Lottery Post Family members  Hit!   hit Big!!Thumbs UpParty

"I do want others to win,all the time!! really win...even tiggs!..Lol....Lol..Please explain the at for us less fortunate here..

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Coinnnn!!,.HAHAHAHAHAHHAAaaaa...OH..MY goodness that is sooooo funny...Oh..Oh..ohMy goodness how true that is dough...we..we...LOLhaaa LOloHahhahahaaaa....I can't stop lLMHOoooofff  Too too funny.....!!!!ROFLBig SmileBig Smile!ROFLGreen laugh

Maybe jrosina should sit down..

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Like i said people are going to pray for a lottery win no matter what their circumstances are. Be they poor or rich money makes things happen for lots of people but we all must consider the bigger picture.

It is unknown before the draw if you are the winner, after the draw if you are a winner you will be judged in the end as to what you did with your new found wealth. I'm not talking pick 3-4 games I'm talking people who win millions. And even if people squander all their winnings they can still find gods grace and be seated in his kingdom.

Money is of no part of God's being he could care less about money. Money is man's device.

four4me, Yet, we still have to remember ALMIGHTY GOD'S WORDS,"The Silver is MINE and the Gold is MINE declares THE LORD ALMIGHTY. Haggai 2:8 

"But remember THE LORD you GOD for it is HE WHO gives you Power to get wealth" ........Deuteronomy8:18

HE can do anything HE wants!!! So let's ask HIM... it does not hurt, If HE say yes.. we are going to be grateful  and do good with it!... We are going to use it for HIS Purpose in gratitude...then we are going to take care of Family and others and self...If HE say no...it's no and we are going to be grateful and still work as an Agent for HIM with what ever HE provides..and work and wait patiently..HE IS THE BOSS!!! . 

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: June 25, 2010, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

HE IS THE BOSS!!!...That's what Smith and Gordon say all the time..

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: June 25, 2010, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs..Hahahaha...That's ok...Man has always wanted to play god but "like Bruce Almighty" knocked TO his knees in the rain! They too will finally recognize WHO IS THE REAL BOSS!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                          Member #81843
                          October 31, 2009
                          856 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2010, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

"Get your kicks on route 666 or get your God right."

THIS IS THE BEST LINE ON WHOLE LOTTERY POST HANDS DOWN       LMAO :) Wink

DD u got a new fan .

Oh thank you!See Ya!

A little bible humor. The Baptists will like this one.

Why did no one on the Ark play cards?

A: Noah sat on the deck!

DD

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8394 Posts
                            Posted: June 25, 2010, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

four4me, Yet, we still have to remember ALMIGHTY GOD'S WORDS,"The Silver is MINE and the Gold is MINE declares THE LORD ALMIGHTY. Haggai 2:8 

"But remember THE LORD you GOD for it is HE WHO gives you Power to get wealth" ........Deuteronomy8:18

HE can do anything HE wants!!! So let's ask HIM... it does not hurt, If HE say yes.. we are going to be grateful  and do good with it!... We are going to use it for HIS Purpose in gratitude...then we are going to take care of Family and others and self...If HE say no...it's no and we are going to be grateful and still work as an Agent for HIM with what ever HE provides..and work and wait patiently..HE IS THE BOSS!!! . 

It's all his.

United States
                              Member #81843
                              October 31, 2009
                              856 Posts
                              Posted: June 25, 2010, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

DD Is it:

Jesus Christ is not God?...Do you mean was not God when he walked the earth? Or is not one with God now? Or both?

dr65, I respectfully submit:

Acts 17:11
                              These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
                              Acts 17:10-12 (in Context) Acts 17 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 5:45
                              That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
                              Matthew 5:44-46 (in Context) Matthew 5 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 5:48
                              Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
                              Matthew 5:47-48 (in Context) Matthew 5 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 6:26
                              Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
                              Matthew 6:25-27 (in Context) Matthew 6 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 7:11
                              If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
                              Matthew 7:10-12 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 7:21
                              Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
                              Matthew 7:20-22 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 10:20
                              For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
                              Matthew 10:19-21 (in Context) Matthew 10 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 10:32
                              Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
                              Matthew 10:31-33 (in Context) Matthew 10 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 11:25
                              At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
                              Matthew 11:24-26 (in Context) Matthew 11 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 11:27
                              All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
                              Matthew 11:26-28 (in Context) Matthew 11 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 16:17
                              And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
                              Matthew 16:16-18 (in Context) Matthew 16 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 20:23
                              And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
                              Matthew 20:22-24 (in Context) Matthew 20 (Whole Chapter)

Luke 1:32
                              He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
                              Luke 1:31-33 (in Context) Luke 1 (Whole Chapter)

Luke 23:46
                              And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
                              Luke 23:45-47 (in Context) Luke 23 (Whole Chapter)

John 1:14
                              And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
                              John 1:13-15 (in Context) John 1 (Whole Chapter)

John 1:18
                              No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
                              John 1:17-19 (in Context) John 1 (Whole Chapter)

John 5:23
                              That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
                              John 5:22-24 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter)

John 5:37
                              And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
                              John 5:36-38 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter)

John 6:57
                              As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
                              John 6:56-58 (in Context) John 6 (Whole Chapter)

John 10:18
                              No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
                              John 10:17-19 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter)

John 10:37
                              If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
                              John 10:36-38 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter)

John 14:6
                              Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
                              John 14:5-7 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter)

John 14:10
                              Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
                              John 14:9-11 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter)

John 14:12
                              Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
                              John 14:11-13 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter)

John 15:23
                              He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
                              John 15:22-24 (in Context) John 15 (Whole Chapter)

Mark 16:19
                              So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
                              Mark 16:18-20 (in Context) Mark 16 (Whole Chapter)

Luke 22:69
                              Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
                              Luke 22:68-70 (in Context) Luke 22 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 7:55
                              But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
                              Acts 7:54-56 (in Context) Acts 7 (Whole Chapter)

Hebrews 10:12
                              But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
                              Hebrews 10:11-13 (in Context) Hebrews 10 (Whole Chapter)

Hebrews 12:2
                              Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
                              Hebrews 12:1-3 (in Context) Hebrews 12 (Whole Chapter)

1 Peter 3:22
                              Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
                              1 Peter 3:21-22 (in Context) 1 Peter 3 (Whole Chapter)

Page 17 of 29