Welcome Guest
You last visited October 22, 2017, 11:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying?

Topic closed. 421 replies. Last post 7 years ago by visiondude.

Page 18 of 29
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2010, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

It's all his.

Four4me, yes! It is! Yes...It is!!  BLESSED BE HE FOREVER!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
    Member #81843
    October 31, 2009
    856 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2010, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

and,...

Acts 13:23
    Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
    Acts 13:22-24 (in Context) Acts 13 (Whole Chapter)

1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    1 Corinthians 11:2-4 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 11 (Whole Chapter)

2 Corinthians 2:17
    For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
    2 Corinthians 2:16-17 (in Context) 2 Corinthians 2 (Whole Chapter)

1 Timothy 2:5
    For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
    1 Timothy 2:4-6 (in Context) 1 Timothy 2 (Whole Chapter)

Jesus Christ was and is a man.

Deities are pagan gods. Get your God right.

Jesus Christ is NOT GOD.

DD

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
      light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Like i said people are going to pray for a lottery win no matter what their circumstances are. Be they poor or rich money makes things happen for lots of people but we all must consider the bigger picture.

It is unknown before the draw if you are the winner, after the draw if you are a winner you will be judged in the end as to what you did with your new found wealth. I'm not talking pick 3-4 games I'm talking people who win millions. And even if people squander all their winnings they can still find gods grace and be seated in his kingdom.

Money is of no part of God's being he could care less about money. Money is man's device.

"Money is of no part of God's being he could care less about money. Money is man's device".

not true.  not true at least if your perspective about what God thinks is derived from biblical principles,  because God devoted something like 800 scriptural references about money. 

never counted them myself,  but there is a LOT,  because God knew how men would relate to money,  and how the over-emphasis of it in ones life could supercede His rightful place, and make the possession or pursuit of it as "god".

that is an inherent danger of prosperity thinking, where "acheiving",  ends up becoming your god

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2010, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

four4me, Yet, we still have to remember ALMIGHTY GOD'S WORDS,"The Silver is MINE and the Gold is MINE declares THE LORD ALMIGHTY. Haggai 2:8 

"But remember THE LORD you GOD for it is HE WHO gives you Power to get wealth" ........Deuteronomy8:18

HE can do anything HE wants!!! So let's ask HIM... it does not hurt, If HE say yes.. we are going to be grateful  and do good with it!... We are going to use it for HIS Purpose in gratitude...then we are going to take care of Family and others and self...If HE say no...it's no and we are going to be grateful and still work as an Agent for HIM with what ever HE provides..and work and wait patiently..HE IS THE BOSS!!! . 

"If HE say no...it's no and we are going to be grateful and still work as an Agent for HIM with what ever HE provides..and work and wait patiently..HE IS THE BOSS!!! ". 

can i get an amen?    preach it sister,  because that is 100%  biblically accurate.

a "no",  when God deems necessary as per His parameters for your life,  will always be far more rewarding than a "yes"

forcing a "yes",  where a "no" is supposed exist, only leads to eventual disappointment and emptiness.

ask.  ask for it all.   but ALWAYS be willing to adjust to a "no".   if it's a "yes",  don't make it a "god".

run amok prosperity teaching NEVER factors in a "no",  and when it is a "no",  everything they built their faith on crumbles to the ground.

a person who serves God ambivilently,  sans personal me me me agenda,  will in every arena of life experience strength, wisdom and peace,  because it contains the most crucial component for a LONG TERM run at life ........longevity

prosperity is just for now.  give-it-to-me-now.   it's akin to being the drive-thru of what's supposed to be a lifelong mentality.

an ambivilent answer type person knows that a "no" yields far more eternal   reward,  and therefore could be way more important than a yes.

prosperity teaches ME first.  now.

ambivilentcy (did i just make up a new word?)  factors in the biblical edicts that there is more going on behind the scenes than just my life.  especially how my circumstances play out in other peoples lives (not just mine),  and how they are affected by my life (and how i react to God during my circumstances)........on into eternity.

Gods word teaches us that the ultimate "treasure" is what can be stored in heaven.  peoples souls

there is not one aspect of that in the prosperity doctrine,  because the prosperity doctrine focus' on what's HERE. 

watch them yourself.   the WHOLE broadcast is based on money,  or what money can accrue.

the only reason these scam artists add the "health" part to their scam,  is because they know how strong that emotional pull is on a man that has health issues.  money for your life.

when satan messed with job,  he went for his health,  because he new that was the ultimate target of a man.  you own the rights over a mans health,  and they become your personal puppeteer.

that's the ONLY reason prosperity teachers add the "health" component,  even knowing they really can't, and are easily proven they can't.

makes it easier to line em up,  so that can fill their wallets

how do i know that methodology is true?   DD,  the prosperity proponent,  wouldn't answer ANY of the "odds qualifications" i gave him.

they never can.    if it was true,  it would be front and center on the evening news.   especially secular news...

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

dr65, I respectfully submit:

Acts 17:11
          These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
          Acts 17:10-12 (in Context) Acts 17 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 5:45
          That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
          Matthew 5:44-46 (in Context) Matthew 5 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 5:48
          Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
          Matthew 5:47-48 (in Context) Matthew 5 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 6:26
          Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
          Matthew 6:25-27 (in Context) Matthew 6 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 7:11
          If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
          Matthew 7:10-12 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 7:21
          Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
          Matthew 7:20-22 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 10:20
          For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
          Matthew 10:19-21 (in Context) Matthew 10 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 10:32
          Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
          Matthew 10:31-33 (in Context) Matthew 10 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 11:25
          At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
          Matthew 11:24-26 (in Context) Matthew 11 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 11:27
          All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
          Matthew 11:26-28 (in Context) Matthew 11 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 16:17
          And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
          Matthew 16:16-18 (in Context) Matthew 16 (Whole Chapter)

Matthew 20:23
          And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
          Matthew 20:22-24 (in Context) Matthew 20 (Whole Chapter)

Luke 1:32
          He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
          Luke 1:31-33 (in Context) Luke 1 (Whole Chapter)

Luke 23:46
          And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
          Luke 23:45-47 (in Context) Luke 23 (Whole Chapter)

John 1:14
          And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
          John 1:13-15 (in Context) John 1 (Whole Chapter)

John 1:18
          No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
          John 1:17-19 (in Context) John 1 (Whole Chapter)

John 5:23
          That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
          John 5:22-24 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter)

John 5:37
          And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
          John 5:36-38 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter)

John 6:57
          As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
          John 6:56-58 (in Context) John 6 (Whole Chapter)

John 10:18
          No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
          John 10:17-19 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter)

John 10:37
          If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
          John 10:36-38 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter)

John 14:6
          Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
          John 14:5-7 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter)

John 14:10
          Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
          John 14:9-11 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter)

John 14:12
          Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
          John 14:11-13 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter)

John 15:23
          He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
          John 15:22-24 (in Context) John 15 (Whole Chapter)

Mark 16:19
          So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
          Mark 16:18-20 (in Context) Mark 16 (Whole Chapter)

Luke 22:69
          Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
          Luke 22:68-70 (in Context) Luke 22 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 7:55
          But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
          Acts 7:54-56 (in Context) Acts 7 (Whole Chapter)

Hebrews 10:12
          But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
          Hebrews 10:11-13 (in Context) Hebrews 10 (Whole Chapter)

Hebrews 12:2
          Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
          Hebrews 12:1-3 (in Context) Hebrews 12 (Whole Chapter)

1 Peter 3:22
          Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
          1 Peter 3:21-22 (in Context) 1 Peter 3 (Whole Chapter)

nice compilation of the demonstration of how the 2nd person of the Godhead functions within humanity,  by becoming flesh, and still subjecting his "humaness" to the will of the Father.   those examples solidify.  they don't "exclude"

fully God - yet fully man

if Christ wasn't "fully human" (and therefore incapable of fully being a human sacrifice),  then your compilation would have made sense,  given your wishful thinking of turning Christ into "just another man". 

but,  it fails,  because Christ is still worshipped

DD,  can you explain to dr65 how "The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us" means something other than what your complitation suggests? 

read john chapter 1 dr.   the whole of that chapter tellls how God became flesh.  the 2nd person of the Godhead.

i can appreciate the complexities of n "at first glance" look at anything biblical,  especially something as "heady" as the Trinity.

however,  the machinations of cults are easily handled,  once you factor in what the WHOLE of Gods word teaches.

what Gods word teaches about the Trinity, and about God coming in the flesh (Christ) starts at genesis, all the way thru revelation.

Jesus Christ's pre-existence before His birth destroys any other "teaching",  other than who He said He was,  and what He said He would do.

pre-exisistence + the fact that everyman will stand before Christ in judgement.

God is not going to allow some "lesser created being" to judge man.  that's a cultic lie

DD wants "health and wealth".  he wants it so desperately bad, he has willingly traded truth for it's "future lie"

i stated "future lie",  because even he has told us he doesn't have it yet.  must be that dreaded "unbelief"

"every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess,  that Jesus Christ is Lord"

in order of importance, within the comanndments,  God stated 2nd, what mattered most to Him.....  God said "you shall not bow to anyone" (paraphrased).  ever

if Jesus Christ "wasn't God"......God would not have made this a current AND future edict (about bowing to Jesus Christ).  it is

sorry DD.  you can't sell cultic teaching unabated in here........Jesus Christ..........is GOD

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2010, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

DD,  still working on the "monogenes"  angle you attempted to get away with.   haven't had time to consult the googlemaster,  but i will,  hopefully tonight.

the board still wants to know how you describe who Jesus was, and is?

just a man?

a superhuman man,  just one rank lower than God?

they wanna know how "just a man" must be Worshipped.

and how come we will bow down to Him in judgement,  even if He was a "superhumansyntheticDNA-man".

i wanna know too,  because i can't wait to see what "version" Jesus Christ is tonight

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2010, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Hogwash:

"Gods word teaches us that the ultimate "treasure" is what can be stored in heaven.  peoples souls

there is not one aspect of that in the prosperity doctrine,  because the prosperity doctrine focus' on what's HERE. 

watch them yourself.   the WHOLE broadcast is based on money,  or what money can accrue.”

Document your statement with scripture. Show me exactly where “peoples (SP) souls” is what is stored in heaven as “God” teaches. Show me where it says prosperity, specifically in the form of money or what is here now is NOT available according to God’s Word. Put up or shut up.

“fully God - yet fully man”

Show me where that doctrine of devils is recorded in the bible. Document it. Put up or shut up. The book says he was and is a man, even now. Jesus Christ was not transformed into even part GOD, he was born the Son of God by monogenes and is the first begotten at one fixed point in time.

1. Exodus 20:3
                Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
                Exodus 20:2-4 (in Context) Exodus 20 (Whole Chapter)
              2. Exodus 23:13
                And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.
                Exodus 23:12-14 (in Context) Exodus 23 (Whole Chapter)
              3. Deuteronomy 5:7
                Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
                Deuteronomy 5:6-8 (in Context) Deuteronomy 5 (Whole Chapter)
              4. Deuteronomy 6:14
                Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;
                Deuteronomy 6:13-15 (in Context) Deuteronomy 6 (Whole Chapter)
              5. Deuteronomy 11:16
                Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
                Deuteronomy 11:15-17 (in Context) Deuteronomy 11 (Whole Chapter)
              6. Deuteronomy 11:28
                And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
                Deuteronomy 11:27-29 (in Context) Deuteronomy 11 (Whole Chapter)
              7. Deuteronomy 13:2
                And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
                Deuteronomy 13:1-3 (in Context) Deuteronomy 13 (Whole Chapter)
              8. Deuteronomy 13:6
                If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
                Deuteronomy 13:5-7 (in Context) Deuteronomy 13 (Whole Chapter)
              9. Deuteronomy 13:13
                Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;
                Deuteronomy 13:12-14 (in Context) Deuteronomy 13 (Whole Chapter)
              10. Deuteronomy 17:3
                And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
                Deuteronomy 17:2-4 (in Context) Deuteronomy 17 (Whole Chapter)
              11. Deuteronomy 18:20
                But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
                Deuteronomy 18:19-21 (in Context) Deuteronomy 18 (Whole Chapter)
              12. Romans 1:28
                And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
                Romans 1:27-29 (in Context) Romans 1 (Whole Chapter)

--------------------------------------------------- 

“Jesus Christ's pre-existence before His birth destroys any other "teaching",  other than who He said He was,  and what He said He would do.

pre-exisistence + the fact that everyman will stand before Christ in judgement.”

“pre-exisistence (SP)” ???????????????????? 

How about some scripture references to back that up? According to your“pre-exisistence (SP)” doctrine I am God too by the reading of this verse:

Romans 8:29-31 (King James Version)

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Why does it not say ‘firstborn among many gods’? Maybe you can blow away the idea of me being in God’s foreknowledge (“pre-exisistence (SP)”doctrine) like God did of His firstborn. Oh, and look I am glorified too. ThudDoes that make me “fully God - yet fully man”? It does kind of fit with your thinking. In fact, let me try it out:

Give me all your money and hand me a roll of toilet paper please while you’re at it (Ex Cathedra Bandit). Show me the money (but first the paperwork)!

----------------------------------- 

“not true.  not true at least if your perspective about what God thinks is derived from biblical principles,  because God devoted something like 800 scriptural references about money. 

never counted them myself,  but there is a LOT,  because God knew how men would relate to money,  and how the over-emphasis of it in ones life could supercede His rightful place, and make the possession or pursuit of it as "god". “

“never counted them myself”  No kidding. No one is asking you to, but please document 50 of them- 50/800 of scriptural references about money, “and how the over-emphasis of it in ones life could supercede (SP) His rightful place, and make the possession or pursuit of it as "god". “ Just 50 would be enough so that I and everyone following know it is in the book. Show me exactly where money, in and of itself is truly evil.

Funny how God talks about much and specifically idols: false Gods. Idols like likenesses of gods, deities, things of worship. Look what he says about people and lies of false faith (faith= right believing):

2 Timothy 3:5
              Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
              2 Timothy 3:4-6 (in Context) 2 Timothy 3 (Whole Chapter)

Ooooh! Tough words. He calls it like it is and lets it fall where it does. Kick to the head!

Acts 5:29
              Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
              Acts 5:28-30 (in Context) Acts 5 (Whole Chapter)

You got a whole complicated theology based on what comes third in a denomination in canonical order. A man’s word is above God’s Word in that CULTIC Way. You have a few verses to loosely document something that any reading person who takes a close look finds as ERROR. The tough choice is to decide what you will adhere to. The traditions of men or what is written.

Matthew 4

1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

If you got your god wrong you have whirled peas running down your leg when you want answer to prayer. Choose wisely. The door is on it’s hinges and when it is closed nobody is going to jack their way in.

DD

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8577 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2010, 1:26 am - IP Logged

"Money is of no part of God's being he could care less about money. Money is man's device".

not true.  not true at least if your perspective about what God thinks is derived from biblical principles,  because God devoted something like 800 scriptural references about money. 

never counted them myself,  but there is a LOT,  because God knew how men would relate to money,  and how the over-emphasis of it in ones life could supercede His rightful place, and make the possession or pursuit of it as "god".

that is an inherent danger of prosperity thinking, where "acheiving",  ends up becoming your god

Unlike you I won't sit in front of this computer and write a whole story line of 50 paragraphs.

I try and put as little into something as need be but here goes anyway.

Yes God created money and as man uses it decisively it will not buy a place in heaven, he could care less about money in any respect because it is something man uses to control the lives of many etc..

Thank once again for interpreting my views of God.
                  light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2010, 1:49 am - IP Logged
                  Unlike you I won't sit in front of this computer and write a whole story line of 50 paragraphs.

I try and put as little into something as need be but here goes anyway.

Yes God created money and as man uses it decisively it will not buy a place in heaven, he could care less about money in any respect because it is something man uses to control the lives of many etc..

Thank once again for interpreting my views of God.

(1) i didn't.  (for "interpreting my views of God").  you just took it that way.  i didn't "interpret" anything

(2) i stated an opinion on your comment, and pre-fixed it with the premise "not if you believe biblical principles"

(3) to which i cited that there were supposed to be over 800 references to money,  for which i accuretly stated "that God would care about it, if He referenced it that much".

if you are going to post, expect a differeing opinion.  but don't make me out to be the bad guy, when i wasn't.

light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2010, 2:11 am - IP Logged

DD,  i am more than willing to handle anything you can throw my way,  no matter how long it is, or how long it takes. 

evidenced by my willingness to go back several pages to revisit your "monogenes" deal,  when i could have buried it, not having to answer it.   never heard of it before you dreamed it up.  ........but,  because i don't skate, i still will

i don't sidetrack / smokescreen my way thru a debate, and neither will you.

i have asked you several times,  and now you have refused to do it again,  by purposefully going in a different direction. 

that isn't behavior attributable to a man that holds the "truth".  that's behavior of a man with something to hide,  or you don't want to get down to the "nuts & bolts" of your beliefs.  i totally understand why that is,  i just want to demonstrate to others "why that is".

what are you afraid of, DD?

tell us exactly who you think Jesus Christ is,  in your theological mandrel bending machine.

just a man? 

a superhuman man? 

you have ran repeatedly from this simple question,  when Jesus asked it of those around Him "whom do you say that i am"?

He knew the answer to that simple question hung everything.  everything about eternity.  everything about whether (or not) a man knew God to begin with,  or that particular man was just "postulating".

He knew it.  you know it,  and i know it,  and now everyone else reading this thread wants to know.......will the real "Jesus Christ" please stand up.

gee,  a voiciferous guy like you.....i would have expected you would have shot that answer out of a cannon

(i know why you don't)  and why if you can possibly help it - YOU WON'T

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2010, 2:13 am - IP Logged

I don't believe in praying at all but I've had one of those days/nights where I would do anything if it gave me an extra chance at winning and taking me away from all of this.

United States
                        Member #81843
                        October 31, 2009
                        856 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2010, 2:36 am - IP Logged

Acts 5:29
                        Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
                        Acts 5:28-30(in Context) Acts 5(Whole Chapter)

I think that the Word of God would be first and foremost in canonical order. In fact, there would be no traditions and what a man would say regarding spiritual matters would align perfectly with the Written Word. Why does the chair of Peter not recognize what Peter spoke? Why is what is declared from the chair now above and supersedes the Word of God?

I would say it is time to challenge the traditions of men and what they teach for truth. Why would someone let a pathological liar tell them which way is up?

Peter is right. Obey God and not the traditions of men, here's why:

1. Colossians 2:8
                          Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
                          Colossians 2:7-9 (in Context) Colossians 2 (Whole Chapter)
                        2. Colossians 2:20
                          Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
                          Colossians 2:19-21 (in Context) Colossians 2 (Whole Chapter)

Prosperity in any aspect of life is available from God via His Son Christ Jesus. In fact that is what Jesus said of himself while teaching of the severity of the devil verses the goodness of God who sent him to deliver:

John 10:10
                        The
                        thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
                        John 10:9-11(in Context) John 10(Whole Chapter)

1 Timothy 6:2-4 (King James Version)

2And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

3If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

DD

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: June 26, 2010, 2:55 am - IP Logged

so we know you can spit out your cults pre-recorded message about how "prosperity is biblical".   who cares.  doesn't fly in REAL LIFE,  because even the thousands that flock to your "proponents" can't getcha-some.

your so entranced in your robotic continuous loop,  that you already forgot that you admitted that even you,  the great prosperity composer can't even attain to it.  save it DD.   it doesn't work even for you.

another attempt at cult multilevel marketing.   i will tell 100 "the truth",  in hopes i can fool just one.

*******************************************************************************************

another (yawn) post.........and another refusal to specifically state who Jesus really is.

we want the "magic" Jesus DD.  the one that can do EVERYTHING God can, (but is only "human").

bring that one up front and center.  let's us take a closer look at him.  ("him" with a lower-case "h" that is)

United States
                            Member #81843
                            October 31, 2009
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2010, 4:17 am - IP Logged

What's the matter? You cannot document your LIES? You make statements that do not line up with the book?

Nothing new about that. Your kind are a dime a dozen.

I have to do all the proving while you redirect and slither away?

Prove your infallible logic with documentation; FROM THE BOOK. Start with your proof that prosperity teachings are a “biblical lie”. Your CULT does not like people to trust in God and prosperity is sin according to your thinking, in fact a “biblical lie” according to you. Your spiritual father is the father of lies. You do his will. Jesus Christ is a man. Always was, is and will be. He is not God. God did not die. God cannot die. The author of death would have killed God if God could die. God is spirit John 4:24; 'a' is not in the text because God is not 'a' god among gods. HOLY SPIRIT: You cannot see it, taste it, smell it, touch it and HEAR it with your five senses. Therefore Jesus said and admitted he was only the Son of God. NOT GOD.

1 Corinthians 2:14
                            But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
                            1 Corinthians 2:13-15 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 2 (Whole Chapter)                               Natural man has only 5 senses.

There are several denominations that do not believe Jesus Christ is NOT GOD. Are they all evil cults or are they a threat to the lies of traditionalists? The father of lies does not like the truth taught. It scares him. He is a big loser. He has no power over me and that really scares him. BOO!

1 Corinthians 15:21
                            For since by
                            man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
                            1 Corinthians 15:20-22 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 15 (Whole Chapter)

Numbers 23:19
                            God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
                            Numbers 23:18-20 (in Context) Numbers 23 (Whole Chapter)

John 8:47
                            He that
                            is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
                            John 8:46-48 (in Context) John 8 (Whole Chapter)

1 Corinthians 16:22
                            If any
                            man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
                            1 Corinthians 16:21-23 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 16 (Whole Chapter)

1 Timothy 2:5
                            For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the
                            man Christ Jesus;
                            1 Timothy 2:4-6 (in Context) 1 Timothy 2 (Whole Chapter)

1 Timothy 6:2-4 (King James Version)

2And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

3If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings

You say good is evil. You are wrong.

DD 

United States
                              Member #81843
                              October 31, 2009
                              856 Posts
                              Posted: June 26, 2010, 4:46 am - IP Logged

“we want the "magic" Jesus DD.  the one that can do EVERYTHING God can, (but is only "human").

bring that one up front and center.  let's us take a closer look at him.  ("him" with a lower-case "h" that is)”

Well Jesus never claimed to be able to do everything God could. I can say that because YOU CANNOT document otherwise. You made that upRed Devil. Too bad you bought into that BS.

On the other hand, I can do the same works of Jesus Christ because he said I could.

In fact, I can do GREATER works than he did, now that he is seated at the right hand of God. Why? Because the Word of God says so. Makes no difference what you think or were taught or teach or preach. You might have something to say about it but your words are the words of a worthless man: USELESS LIES.

Do I have to prove to you that I CAN DO?       Nope.       I have proved it to myself as I am instructed to.

DD 

Page 18 of 29