Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying?

Topic closed. 421 replies. Last post 6 years ago by visiondude.

Page 22 of 29
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #81843
October 31, 2009
856 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2010, 10:39 am - IP Logged
I was watching a show on the discovery channel or some show of that nature a while back and they had a Catholic priest, Rabbi, Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, and Episcopalian ministers. All were talking about the bible and the teachings therein. By the time they show was ending i was never as confused as i am now once again.

These doctrine theologians bounced back and fourth about what was written what was real and what was considered fallacy. In the hour or so of the show there is only so much ground they could cover. It was pretty civil in that there were no name calling or battling over the words in the bible.

And it dawned on me when one of them said towards the end of the show that the bible was a great story book about God and Jesus and all the people in it, that the bible was a means by where people who read it can draw their own conclusions about what the words mean but by no means should they try and understand it because there is so much information overload in it.

At some point they talked about the King James version and that when it was transcribed from the scriptures which were in many different languages that some of the wordings in the bible were misrepresented in that they actually were never able to decipher them so King James had written what he perceived them to be.

Since then there have been many scholars who are trying to correct this but it remains doubtful if any bible will be more popular than the King James version.

The AKJV has some things added to it no doubt.

Most of the forgeries support the trinity doctrine.

The italicized words were done so when a translation was awkward, it was a bit more readable and their presence indicates the words were not in the text they were translated from. The key to KJV are the many MSS research references that can get you back to what was translated. Any old reader’s digest type Bible is so watered down that researching the words translated is near impossible (because they were not translated from MSS). The biggest critics of the first mass printing of bibles? Go guess!

DD

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2010, 10:41 am - IP Logged

DD,  just a heads up,  when you are attempting to highjack scripture to sell it per your cults guidelines,  maybe you should proof read the text before you bust it out,  cuz you just fronted us another scratch mark in the 'Jesus is God' columne

"root".   the root of something ALWAYS comes before whats ever stated after the root.

i never realized this is but another scripture that spells out the pre-existence of Christ.

DD,  only if Jesus Christ is God, and is the 2nd person in the Trinity, could Christ have pre-existed and was alive before king david was born. 

the "root" (Jesus christ) has to live before the "offspring" (david)

actually,  this is what i call a "two-fer" deal......a two for one.

in that verse,  Jesus alludes to His devinity in His pre-existence to david (as the "root"), AND his humanity in being the actual bloodline (offspring) of david.

fully God.  fully man.

Revelation 22:16 (King James Version)

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

p.s.,  i am "rooting" Hurray! for you to be honest about the text,  but since i live and make my choices in reality,  i know you will manufacture some more "prosperity truth" Evil Uhh

it's actually a toss up on who is better at manufacturing "reality".  that guy i met today,  or you.  (that ain't a compliment,  but it is a reality

Revelations 19:13-....and HE was clothed with a Vesture dipped in Blood and HIS name is called THE WORD OF GOD

14:and the armies which were in heaven followed HIM upon white horses,clothed in fine linen, white and clean

15: and out of HIS mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it, HE Shall smite the nations ; and HE shall rule them with a rod of Iron and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of ALMIGHTY GOD.

16: and HE hath on HIS vesture and oh HIS THIGH a Name Written KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS (Christ GOD)

17: And I saw an angel standing in the SUN; and He cried with a Loud Voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselfs together unto the supper of THE GREAT GOD!!

Fully GOD. Fully man...It's okay to say we do not understand how can this Be DD.. don't feel badly about it!  I am sure many will be surprised on that Day!!!

YESHUA said when he was on earth...John3:13 I have spoken to you of Earthly things and you do not believe...how then will you believe ifI speak Heavenly things?????

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
      Member #81843
      October 31, 2009
      856 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2010, 10:47 am - IP Logged

DD

I am a joint heir with Jesus Christ, and glorified by God as he glorifies His Son. By your thinking, I am fully man and fully God.

DD

You can have my bible when I am gone and all my research books. But first you will have to get past the looting hoards who want my stashed beer.

DD

see, I am three-in one-post! I don't fully understand that, but I don't feel bad at all. The trinity is confusion at it's best: every evil work

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2010, 10:56 am - IP Logged

LOL, that reminded me for some reason of Antonio Salieri in the movie Amadeus.

The Emperor had just asked him what he thought of Mozart's newest opera.

Salieri's reply: "Too many notes"

You really need to work on your attention span, tigger.

Oh, and the Emperor repeated the critique to Mozart when Mozart sought the Emperor's opinion, "Too many notes"

To which Mozart responded something to the effect of: "Exactly which notes should I remove, Sire?" LOL.

You may not be able to concentrate for more than 30 seconds or so tigger but I'm sure you're well regarded in Skunk Holler, Kentucky.

Now the next time instead of saying the posts are way too long you can shorten yours too just by saying: "Too many words!" LOL

Now take your meds and quit pestering the nurses.

Talking lottery post here ridge not Mozart..Let's try to stay focus..ok...Have another swig and go lay down..

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2010, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Talking lottery post here ridge not Mozart..Let's try to stay focus..ok...Have another swig and go lay down..

He is lying down, tiggs.

DD

Dearborn Heights MI
            United States
            Member #39410
            May 15, 2006
            430 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2010, 11:07 am - IP Logged

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believe on in the world, received up into glory.

God was manifest in the flesh: (Jesus was revealed in human form)

Justified in the Spirit: (The Holy Spirit vindicated Jesus in that His true nature was disclosed and His messianic claims substantiated)

Seen of angels: (They witnessed Jesus' whole earthly career)

Preached unto the Gentiles: (The gospel of Jesus has been proclaimed to the nations)

Believed on in the world: (Multitudes have accepted the gospel, trusting in Jesus)

Received up into glory: (Jesus was divinely taken back into heaven)

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2010, 11:12 am - IP Logged

DD

I am a joint heir with Jesus Christ, and glorified by God as he glorifies His Son. By your thinking, I am fully man and fully God.

DD

You can have my bible when I am gone and all my research books. But first you will have to get past the looting hoards who want my stashed beer.

DD

see, I am three-in one-post! I don't fully understand that, but I don't feel bad at all. The trinity is confusion at it's best: every evil work

No, DD...I Clearly Stated that my understanding is too limited to Understand how that can be, yet!!! It is very Possible that ALMIGHTY GOD THE FATHER Could Bestow upon HIS SON, DEITY!!! Why Not? IS HE NOT GOD can not HE do as HE Pleases???  as I read in Revelation I see YESHUA as KING OF KINGS  and named as ALMIGHTY GOD 

Isaiah 9:6- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given and the Government shall be upon HIS Shoulder and HIS Name shall be called WONDERFUL COUNSELOR,THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, THE PRINCE OF PEACE 7: Of the Increase of HIS Government and Peace there Shall be no end....upon the throne of David and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with Judgement and with justice from henceforth even for ever!!!   The Zeal of THE GOD of Host will perform this!!!

DD...are you soooo sure, is there Perhaps a slight possibility that you could be wrong is it at all possible???... I am asking! We are Human and we are fallible!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2010, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Tiggs...get in your Bible...all who are on the verge of passing over to the other side..LoL.. should make it a point to know where they stand, with their CREATOR!!!  This is very Important tiggs this is where you really bus a Big one!!!LoL

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Why does Tiggs talk in the second or third person?

Ridge, help me out is it second or third? I thought the only the Queen of England  talked like that!

DD

He feels less responsible for his insane outbursts when he talks in the 3rd person.

To him, it's like somebody else is saying all that incoherent nonsense.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

It's all related tiggs.

You know what related means, don't you?

It's what most of the married couples in Kentucky are - related.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #81843
                      October 31, 2009
                      856 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

No, DD...I Clearly Stated that my understanding is too limited to Understand how that can be, yet!!! It is very Possible that ALMIGHTY GOD THE FATHER Could Bestow upon HIS SON, DEITY!!! Why Not? IS HE NOT GOD can not HE do as HE Pleases???  as I read in Revelation I see YESHUA as KING OF KINGS  and named as ALMIGHTY GOD 

Isaiah 9:6- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given and the Government shall be upon HIS Shoulder and HIS Name shall be called WONDERFUL COUNSELOR,THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, THE PRINCE OF PEACE 7: Of the Increase of HIS Government and Peace there Shall be no end....upon the throne of David and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with Judgement and with justice from henceforth even for ever!!!   The Zeal of THE GOD of Host will perform this!!!

DD...are you soooo sure, is there Perhaps a slight possibility that you could be wrong is it at all possible???... I am asking! We are Human and we are fallible!

"DD...are you soooo sure, is there Perhaps a slight possibility that you could be wrong is it at all possible???... I am asking! We are Human and we are fallible!"

No I am not sure my ‘fallibility’ is the reason for error. Why? God’s Word is perfect as are the words that comprise the whole. He would be fallible if He were as you say, “fully man and fully God”. He (GOD) is not imperfect. He (God) cannot be TEMPTED.

Think about it Rosie, why should I attribute my human fragilities to God in saying He is human and capable of being a screw-up? You can’t have your cake on that and eat it too. If God is not perfect, His Son could not have been the perfect sacrifice to buy you back from the god of this world, under who's dominion you were born.

You want to say Jesus is God. You say He (God) raised himself when the book only says God raised Jesus Christ? The book nowhere says in black and white in any text Jesus Christ is God. Jesus was questioned if he did in fact say he was the Son of God and said yes. Why can’t you read that verse? Because your eyes are blinded. Go ahead and have you game and God-Man-God. I am instructed not to cast my pearls before swine. Time and again it is clear Jesus Christ is Not God. God is not a man that he should lie. Ever think about that one and the “fully man-yet fully God” fallacy? That is in the book “God is not a Man” look it up. God says he cannot lie. So who is doing the lying? God? NO!   Another god is telling the lies and wishes to harm those who might just get enough real bible in their ears to get SONship.

It’s like this Rosie, When Jesus Christ walked this earth he could only be at one place at one time. Now since Pentecost anyone confessing Jesus as their Lord AND believes GOD raised him from the dead (ROMANS 10:9 & 10) ,….. wait ,…. Who said who raised Jesus? Himself? NO!! a thousand times NO! God said HE did the raising of His Son.                          Back on point, everyone who believes gets holy spirit and that is SONship. It is Christ in YOU. Now there are millions of people with Christ in them out there with the potential to do the same works defeating the adversary as Christ did- and greater works! Among the greater works is bringing someone to the new birth. Jesus could not do that because it was not available yet. The comforter is the gift of holy spirit you get when you confess and believe Romans 10:9 & 10. John 3:16 is a good verse but misses the mark for SONship because there is no mention about God raising His SON! Say Jesus rose himself and it is a big fat lie! No cigar. No new birth. No holy spirit IN you. And the Holy Spirit is not another entity in some kind of tri-une god. God is Spirit John 4:24. Do yo get that? He is Holy. Get that? He is HOLY SPIRIT. HIS GIFT to you when you Believe for SONship is the image of God, what Adam lost and that is holy spirit. Does that make you GOD? NO. It makes you a Son of God. SONship! Adam to Jesus Christ (men of God) had spirit UPON them on a condition: Obedience! Even Jesus! Now it says that the spirit of God that was in Christ is in you. Colossians 1:27. Get that? God was in Christ reconciling (WHO?) HIMSELF (GOD) unto the world. Now the gift, the comforter is holy spirit, your own holy spirit and it is also Christ in YOU. GOD in CHRIST in YOU. You are now amember of the body of Christ and the head is Christ and the head of Christ is GOD. One God Rosie. not three. Three Gods is worship misdirection and is no deal. God says how many Gods you can have before Him? How many did He say Rosie? Do you relly want to think he is a man that is fallable based on something that cannot be easily explained and should be taken on blind faith? Not in my book! God did not die. His son gave his life, and died to legaly buy you back from the hopeless nature you were born with, estranged from GOD as Adam died and under the DOMINION of the Adversary, the god of this world.

DD 

sorry tiggs

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

"Sorry tiggs"..Yeah tiggs sees you got your post down to 400 words..That's an improvement..Still not going to read a post that big..Time is running out on tiggs so he just reads short dumb post...like ridges..

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2010, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

He is lying down, tiggs.

DD

lying lie lay loo lee laa it's all good..Others screw up on thier post but they may be your friends so they are safe..riiiiighhhttteeee..

United States
                            Member #81843
                            October 31, 2009
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2010, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believe on in the world, received up into glory.

God was manifest in the flesh: (Jesus was revealed in human form)

Justified in the Spirit: (The Holy Spirit vindicated Jesus in that His true nature was disclosed and His messianic claims substantiated)

Seen of angels: (They witnessed Jesus' whole earthly career)

Preached unto the Gentiles: (The gospel of Jesus has been proclaimed to the nations)

Believed on in the world: (Multitudes have accepted the gospel, trusting in Jesus)

Received up into glory: (Jesus was divinely taken back into heaven)

1Tim3:16

You read it in English as 'God' but even in the British museum, CODEX A indicates a mark in a different ink changing an uncial. The Greek MSS.

The R.V.prints "He Who" , and adds in margin, 'theos' (God)  rests on no sufficient evidence. The probability is that the original reading was ho ( which ), with the Syric and all the Latin Versions, to agree with the mystery,  Gr.musterion (neut.).

The Greek uncial being O, some scribe added the letter s, making    OC = (He Who) which he thought made better sense. Later another put a mark in this O, making the word ΘC, the contraction for ΘΕOC Theos; God.     This mark in Codex A, in the British museum, is said by some to be in different ink.

This is a forgery to support the doctrine of the trinity. Theos is not correct, the translation reads WHICH

....the flesh, justified in the Spirit: 'the' is not in the texts. omit 'the'. Spirit is God.

More accurately, I Tim 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness which was manifest in flesh, justified in God, seen of angles, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Who was received up into glory? Jesus Christ.

Christ was justified in God as he did not break fellowship with God and fulfilled the law of God.

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: June 28, 2010, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs...get in your Bible...all who are on the verge of passing over to the other side..LoL.. should make it a point to know where they stand, with their CREATOR!!!  This is very Important tiggs this is where you really bus a Big one!!!LoL

Tiggs? Bible? heh,heh,heh,heh,heh...

I know the area of Kentucky he lives in Rosie. Ain't none of them people got any books unless you count the Sears Catalog.

And they keep that in the outhouse fer practical purposes.

Funny thing though, they all seem to have trampolines. Morons love trampolines. Last time I drove through there, there was an army of morons jumping on trampolines.

Really something to see...

--Edmund Burke

Page 22 of 29