Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying?

Topic closed. 421 replies. Last post 6 years ago by visiondude.

Page 28 of 29
PrintE-mailLink
visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
light on my feet
United States
Member #356
May 20, 2002
2744 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2010, 1:23 am - IP Logged

I'm not the person that engaged them in my beliefs you are I'm not the one that responded to your post to them, you replied to my post that wasn't directed specifically to anyone. And cant stop posting to me. It wasn't me who dug up the past so why are you persisting to harp on me.

so let me get this straight,  just so i get a "clearer" picture of what's running thru your wishful thinking mind...

(1)  it's not the person who engages "first",  because i neither engaged joker or DD first.......OTHER PEOPLE DID  (i am off the hook on that one)

(2)  other people responded to thier posts as well (so i am off the hook on that as well)

(3) i DID reply to your posts,  but since you reply to other peoples post's all over LP,  that isn't directed at you, for like years,  (i am off the hook on that one, too)

(5)   i skipped number four,  because i lost respect for that number (thanks to you)

(6) i can stop posting to you,  but with you insisting on continual fabrications about me publically,  based in personal bias alone,  i have to,  so that you can't get away with it.    you not owning your spilllage requires my "attention".    truthfully four,  your just showcasing my talents,  so that no one can.   blame yourself that i "have to"

(7) it was a righteous move on my part mentioning our "past",  because you attempted the same thing then,  so for you,  the 'past' is completely relevant.

(8) is your life that boring,  that you still think you can blame me,  and continue to fabricate "reasons"?

(9)  i will put the #4 on probation, and most likely return it to it's rightfully earned rotation.   it's just a number.  it isn't #4's fault that it is connected to you.  it did nothing wrong,  so i shouldn't blame "it",  for something it didn't do

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

United States
    Member #81843
    October 31, 2009
    856 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2010, 1:54 am - IP Logged

Wow!

ManicVision’s last post at 23 minutes after the hour is number 112. Guess how  many other threads he has been active in since his first post in this thread: ZERO.

He is totally manic on this folks. The solution is to just not reply to him. He has totally hijacked this thread and he jumps who ever has a leg showing he can jump. It’s beyond a reasonable discussion and there is no room for any objectivity, honesty or civility from his side of the fence. He will engage whoever he can flame and that is the way of a TROLL.

112 posts to one thread with so much muck stirred up to make who ever will reply to him an enabler.

I learned my lesson because I too got real opinionated at times, but beliefs do have passionate followers. My apologies to all except the sick manic leg-humping puppy. Apologies first to CoinToss, Joker, TiGGs and Ridgerounder and whomever I missed.

Anybody that declares the Word of God is a lie to promote another teaching that is 180 out of phase with what is written is the worst kind of trash under my feet. No apologies for that at the least.

DD

MY LAST POST IN THIS THREAD.          Don’t follow me around VD and try another approach to kick it up again.

You need to preach to your Choir.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2010, 2:42 am - IP Logged

so let me get this straight,  just so i get a "clearer" picture of what's running thru your wishful thinking mind...

(1)  it's not the person who engages "first",  because i neither engaged joker or DD first.......OTHER PEOPLE DID  (i am off the hook on that one)

(2)  other people responded to thier posts as well (so i am off the hook on that as well)

(3) i DID reply to your posts,  but since you reply to other peoples post's all over LP,  that isn't directed at you, for like years,  (i am off the hook on that one, too)

(5)   i skipped number four,  because i lost respect for that number (thanks to you)

(6) i can stop posting to you,  but with you insisting on continual fabrications about me publically,  based in personal bias alone,  i have to,  so that you can't get away with it.    you not owning your spilllage requires my "attention".    truthfully four,  your just showcasing my talents,  so that no one can.   blame yourself that i "have to"

(7) it was a righteous move on my part mentioning our "past",  because you attempted the same thing then,  so for you,  the 'past' is completely relevant.

(8) is your life that boring,  that you still think you can blame me,  and continue to fabricate "reasons"?

(9)  i will put the #4 on probation, and most likely return it to it's rightfully earned rotation.   it's just a number.  it isn't #4's fault that it is connected to you.  it did nothing wrong,  so i shouldn't blame "it",  for something it didn't do

Are you that one tracked minded..... you cant conceivably be that aragont..... for some one to be so learned in the word i cant for the life of me understand why you keep harping on this when you engaged me you knew it would cause a problem.... so you are the initiator of all this... it's senseless to keep going on about it.

You keep coming at me with this stupid rhetoric. Your making a mockery out of this. Would your god want you to persist in this unnecessary trivial pursuit of me. Isn't there someone in your neighborhood you can save from themselves.

I honestly think you need a shrink.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        light on my feet
        United States
        Member #356
        May 20, 2002
        2744 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2010, 2:51 am - IP Logged

i haven't been "active" in other threads,  for the exact opposite reasons you inSINuated........ i am not a troll.   

one thing i always do,  is act man enough to handle my business,  and not run away from a challenge,  making pathetic excuses, unlike you.

go ahead and archive my posts going years back.  not once have i ever pulled a DD,  and left the building because someone challenged me,  or asked me a "hard question",  then blamed someone else on my way out the door, or whined that what someone else was pulling was "unfair".

not one time ever.   

i stay to the end,  dealing with people like you because it's a necessity,  and not for "sport".

if i wanted to turn it into something resembling intellectual trampolines,  i would be all over LP.   God knows (literally) i have enough "material" in here to work with,  "if" that was my push.

no,  i have to spend exhaustive time, that i would rather be mowing the lawn by flashlight,  than to have to deal with the purveyors of false hope like you. 

the only "lesson you learned",  is that you can't qualify your own claims when i am in the room.   ran straight out the back door when i pressed you beyond your phony capabilities.

your legacy in this thread is that you refused the easiest question a guy could answer,  in comparison to what you "claimed" was true.

biblical history doesn't run out the back door when someone consults it.      you did

p.s. ,   i don't follow anyone around.  not my style.  but you can guarantee,  if you try and sell in another thread what you did in here,  and it's on topic,  be prepared for me to take you to an integrity cleaning session.

it's what i do (ONLY when i need to)

"unbelief"..........my 2 good eyes

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: July 1, 2010, 3:47 am - IP Logged

Are you that one tracked minded..... you cant conceivably be that aragont..... for some one to be so learned in the word i cant for the life of me understand why you keep harping on this when you engaged me you knew it would cause a problem.... so you are the initiator of all this... it's senseless to keep going on about it.

You keep coming at me with this stupid rhetoric. Your making a mockery out of this. Would your god want you to persist in this unnecessary trivial pursuit of me. Isn't there someone in your neighborhood you can save from themselves.

I honestly think you need a shrink.

"when you engaged me you knew it would cause a problem"

nope.  you must be referring to the past,  that i would 'automatically' think it would cause a problem.  actually,  i was thinking you were "different",  but then you went prehistoric on me,  which brought the "past" back into relevancy. 

otherwise yes,  i know what i say and do eventually creates conflict.  the only reason it does,  is the "climate" of intolerance anymore of people like you,  who don't like it when someone becomes "narrow" about Christ.  it's the natural progression,  if one exhibits boldness where you don't back down to anyone like i won't - leads to these crossroads alot.   it's part/parcel of what i do.    i don't live for it,  but if it "goes there",  then i will match it to show that it can't

but did i "hunt you"?  no.   

i commeted off of what you said,  gave my opinion about it,  and both your suspenders came unglued. 

your "natural progression" became you thinking you were the LP sheriff all of a sudden.   

all $2 plastic badge - no gun

*********************************************************************************************

"so you are the initiator of all this"

i hope for your own personal integrity sake you meant "between you and i".........because if you made that statement,  it would be your FIRST truthful statement you have made yet.    yes,  i intiated "contact from me to you,  in the form of a comment on your opinion,  which you obviously have done in here as well.

but,  if you made that statement,  and it's your continual assertion i am the "initiator",  in that am the sole reason this thread went there,  then you are still in full blown pinnochioland. 

**********************************************************************************************

"Would your god want you to persist in this unnecessary trivial pursuit of me"

first of all,  there is nothing "trivial"  about defending truth - in ANY arena of life.    people like you,  who don't like what others say,  love to play the intimidation game,  so that can silence the voice of the one they oppose.

there are those times,  that truly are "trivial",  and wisdom dictates you let it go.

not this time.  for 3 glaring reasons.   you, joker and DD.

DD because he attempts to sell false hope by using "God" as his stamp of approval.   i turned his "approval",  into an "upheaval",  a necessary "evil".   

someone had to throw a blanket of truth and hope over that garbage.  nothing "trivial" about what happened between him & me.   would have exposed it more,  but he recognized my potential,  and cut his losses and ran like that mythical jackalope.

joker,  because he traveled around unabated,  taking pot shots at believers with a scope.  he needed what i call a "counter".  someone who had the skills to match his false bravado.   might as well be me.  that my friend,  is totally not "trivial".

and lastly you.  is this kindergarten back and forth thing between me and you worth it?   you betcha.  everystinkingmoment.

why?   because for far too long,  people like you have employed these such tactics to silence Christians because they don't like it.  resorting to all measues,  including the nasty nasty - purposefully lying about an indivdual.  either about what they do, or what they say.........so emphatically YES.     to the Nth degree "necessary",   if the situation calls for it,  so that my "voice" stays intact in here.   that wrestling match,  petty points as i might be,  is extrememly not "trivial"

you dictated it went this far,  when you refused to cop to the fact that what you accused me of......everybody did, and kept manufacturing garbage on the fly that it was "my fault".

au contraire monsieur,   truth,  is very much not a "trivial pursuit"

*************************************************************************************

"I honestly think you need a shrink".

good.  pray  for me then.......lol Cool <------ mini visiondude

sweetbully13's avatar - n100000644256008 1136.jpg
            IN
            United States
            Member #93254
            June 25, 2010
            5 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2010, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

prayer is answered three ways: “yes,” “not yet” or “I’ve got a better idea than that.” (3). God has already given you that information and wants you to have confidence in your own ability to hear him clearly. 

light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2010, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

prayer is answered three ways: “yes,” “not yet” or “I’ve got a better idea than that.” (3). God has already given you that information and wants you to have confidence in your own ability to hear him clearly. 

yes yes yes and a 1,000 yes's  on that description.  that is 100% biblically accurate.

i wish someone would come on here,  and demonstrate the effectiveness of a "no" answer in their lives.

i for one have weathered many "storms" in life because of  "no"  or "i have a better idea" answers. 

a "no",  because God could have alleviated my circumstances anytime He chose to do so,  and purposefully didn't,  no matter how many times i prayed He would.   

it wasn't because of some lying edict that i suffered from "unbelief",  because i for one,  don't have a problem believing that God can do literally anything He wants to do at anytime. 

no "circumstance" is beyond His reach or capability

despite my great perspective of how God does things (especially the "ugliest" parts of life), and why,  i don't like difficult circumstances any more than anyone else.

sometimes i have been mad at God,  because i know He could "fix" something,  and He wouldn't at that time, and in the emotion of that moment,  where i took it "personal",  because it challenged my immediate comfort level,  because God knows a mans heart anyway,  i let Him know i didn't like it.   i have a realtionship with Him.  and realtionships are 2 way streets.

but,  because i do fully understand the soverignty of God,  and how that works over time,  after seperating my emotions out of it and realizing that what God is doing in my life isn't about my personal comfort at that moment,  because sometimes an extracted out over time scenario will lead to bearing way more "fruit".

my life story is replete with little "sub plots" on that level.

if God hadn't taken me down the many difficult roads He has,  i sure has heck would not have chosen to go down them myself.  not unlike anyone else out there,  i am human too,  and truth be told,  no one courts being stretched like that.

for me,  the prosperity doctrine (as DD presented it)  is glaringly obvious "it ain't of God",  because if it was,  my life wouldn't add up to all it does from God using all those collective mini "trials",  to make me into the man of  collective strength.   collective,  because God is all about the long term effects of His decision making,  not so much the short terms. 

the prosperity gospel is short time mindset based.   there is no way it has the capacity to turn you into something anywhere near as spiritually solid and based,  as extracted out over time "trials"  do posess that ability. 

especially when the "ugly" parts of life come.  and for everyone,  they will.  it's an eventual guarantee

i am neither "for" or  "against"  the ease/ hardship of ones life,  as a barometer of ones "level" of relationship with God.

what i am all about,  is realizing that Gods chooses the parameters of a mans life,  knowing that what He chooses,  contains the capacity of constructing us into something we don't have the chance of being on our own.

for that reason, both sides of the coin work.   

the key,  petitioning God about everything,  then adjusting to a "no",  or as sweetbully13 hit the nail on the head  "I’ve got a better idea than that."

He sures does.   i should know.  i have a lifetime in my rear view mirror of that factual statement

and i know for a fact,  just based on the odds alone,  MOST EVERYONE ELSE out there does as well (on the hardship aspect of being "better" at times)

anyone else?     don't be shy.  you have the opportunity to bulid someones faith,  by being an example of how God takes care of us thru prayer and realtionship over TIME.   including lottery-related "concerns"

VISIONextractedoutovertimeDUDE

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34126 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2010, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I just read this Friendship!! Your are so right God is good. He is the Prince of Peace.  I never thought of praying to win the Lottery! But  maybe I will try it!!  It might Help to hit the Big one!!    The Mega Million. I trust and Believe he is in control of my Life too.   Yes I believe in Prayer.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34126 Posts
                  Posted: July 1, 2010, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Yes I do believe in praying.  Acknowledging God sovereign control in all things  gives me strength...

It is an awesome feeling to know hat this  INVINSIBLE ENERGY-INTELLIGENCE I can call on when I am afraid, when I am alone, when there is no one else to pour out all my inner most thoughts...My  troubles to and  He gives me  peace. ...

Praying  for me is tapping into  this spiritual force that rules the universe!  Praying  takes away my anxiety and I can say "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life' (Psalm 23:6)

Prayer gives me hope...Praying gives me inner peace...

Let go of self Victor and let God....Tap into this  Force that  controls the universe and ask for  guidance how to pray...

Praying  for me is just talking to God...I believe he hears and understands...sometimes His answers  are different than what I expect,,,but I trust  and believe He is in control of my life...

Yes I do believe in prayer...

Yes NodBig Grin Angel  God Bless Everyone!!!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2010, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

5)   i skipped number four,  because i lost respect for that number (thanks to you)

Green laugh I don't care what anyone says; That was funny.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: July 1, 2010, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

5)   i skipped number four,  because i lost respect for that number (thanks to you)

Green laugh I don't care what anyone says; That was funny.

That only proves he's lost his mind. I  too have to admit that was funny . Hey Vision, you're a riot !

light on my feet
                        United States
                        Member #356
                        May 20, 2002
                        2744 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2010, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

That only proves he's lost his mind. I  too have to admit that was funny . Hey Vision, you're a riot !

it was a "two-fer".

it was intended to be funny,  but to also demonstrate the futility of assigning blame to something that doesn't deserve it, despites ones initial  emotional response ...

"if" you caught my intellectual (sort of)  tie-in comedic drift  Wink

light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2010, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

the board is still fishing for stories of weathering the storms of life,  and not only God taking care of you,  but more importantly,  you recogning the fact that His choice of a "no",  over your "yes",   yielded a MUCH BETTER result than if it HAD been a "yes".

given that everyone does,  and the shear odds of people in here,  there should be plenty of "examples" waiting in the wings.

bring it   Dance    <---------   (i rediscovered the emotioncons a little while back (after being away from LP for a bit.  i do NOT apologize)

youknowwho

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2010, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

the board is still fishing for stories of weathering the storms of life,  and not only God taking care of you,  but more importantly,  you recogning the fact that His choice of a "no",  over your "yes",   yielded a MUCH BETTER result than if it HAD been a "yes".

given that everyone does,  and the shear odds of people in here,  there should be plenty of "examples" waiting in the wings.

bring it   Dance    <---------   (i rediscovered the emotioncons a little while back (after being away from LP for a bit.  i do NOT apologize)

youknowwho

God is great !

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: July 1, 2010, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

He is.

even though He gave you the gift of playing guitar,  and totally passed me by on that one,  you are still.......correct

Page 28 of 29