Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are pre-draws corrupting your lottery strategy ?

Topic closed. 357 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 2 of 24
PrintE-mailLink

Member #0
January 1, 2000
0 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2012, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

There you go again with your ugly name calling. Just quickly show your work and really put us Idiotic folks in our place.  It's simple, either you are a college level math and statistics master and show it by a simple equation or not. Come on Crow shut us down. We GED students need to be put in our place.   

Do you know how many folks are laughing at you and your 37.5 right now? Your "hit ratios" are wrong.  Show your work.  You keep on saying that is the answer and not showing your work. No one here is going to tell you the right answer because you are rude and a know it all.

We know that you think that it's the correct "hit ratio" and you even said it was 37.5%. Show us your simple math and be done with it college man...forget the statistics for now. Just show how stupid we are by showing how you think that 37.5% is the "hit ratio" for those 10 all odd pairs. Then please show how you arrived at the hit ration for the 10 all odd unmatched numbers to be 1/10. It's even more wrong. 

If you don't show your work then you know your wrong, and you certainly have no right to call people here ugly names.

"college statistics" ? That's funny. Do some 3rd grade math first you big college man, and impress us poor idiotic people.

your poor attempt in discrediting Crow by using some other method is pretty bad. why can't you address the fact that predraws do have an affect on draws.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know this. If you have a flow of water in a creek that's been going for a thousand years, and now you put a stick into the middle, the water will go aroung the stick, thus changing the usual pattern.

You can't fix stupid I guess.

Sage's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
    Dunwoody Georgia
    United States
    Member #747
    September 29, 2002
    659 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2012, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

So, are pre-draws corrupting your lottery strategy ?

The answer has to be an over whelmingly yes...!!! most if not all the missing structures have hit in the pre-draws then what structure truly is "MISSING" ?

For an example take a look at the most recent pre-draw list that was posted in NC

I think pre draws are great because it shows that the ball sets are working correct and also if a number or pair that you are looking for hits in the pre draw then you know the chances are slim that it will hit in the actual draw which  will save you time and money wagering bets that have a very slim chance of coming!   Always remember the glass is half full people.  It's all how you look at the game.  People are always going to see what they want to see (a wise man told me that Thanks Marc Bristol!)  Remember don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you can do.  As for the name calling I'm not going to even address it.  You guys know better.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New years and I wish you all the best in 2012.  Peace! 

Thumbs UpI Agree!Wink

It's Never Too Late To Be The Person You Could Of Been!I Agree!

doodoohead's avatar - bioresonance therapy.jpg

United States
      Member #2392
      September 27, 2003
      264 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2012, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Somer, did you notice who the first person was to use the term "idiotic" in an attempt to discredit a forum member just for an honest answer to his question? Wow.  Did you notice who was rude and full of his on self when we just gave an opinion. Sure, that made us angry but instead of just calling names we thought showing who was actually a creditable person or NOT by a demo using some of his own erroneous facts was much more civil.

All he has to do is show how he arrived at 37.5% with simple math. Then he can proceed with a lot more creditability when he brags about his College Statistics. Show us that he can do 3rd grade math first and then we will address those statistics. Believe me we can and will. First things first. 

We aren't going to discuss statistics with someone who can't even do simple math and show his own work and back it up. Not while he is name calling  and being rude.  Now that is a waste.

If you want something you have never had, then you have to do something you have never done. 

Member #0
        January 1, 2000
        0 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2012, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I think pre draws are great because it shows that the ball sets are working correct and also if a number or pair that you are looking for hits in the pre draw then you know the chances are slim that it will hit in the actual draw which  will save you time and money wagering bets that have a very slim chance of coming!   Always remember the glass is half full people.  It's all how you look at the game.  People are always going to see what they want to see (a wise man told me that Thanks Marc Bristol!)  Remember don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you can do.  As for the name calling I'm not going to even address it.  You guys know better.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New years and I wish you all the best in 2012.  Peace! 

Thumbs UpI Agree!Wink

I think pre draws are great because it shows the the ball sets are working correct and also if a number or pair that you are looking for hits in the pre draw then you know the chances are slim that it will hit in the actual draw which  will save you time and money wagering bets that have a very slim chance of coming!   Always remember the glass is half

Well i disagree. Do pre draws prevent a freak accident? I think not. If a machine wants to break down it will. You can test the brakes on your car every 3 seconds to make sure they work, but anything can happen brake related at anytime thereafter. There is no guarantee the brakes will always work soley based on passing  the test on scheduled basis.

Secondly, it can work against me. my number was already drawn in the pretest, now here I am, like a lost puppy looking into the wind for 10 days straight scratching my head.

Yeah Great idea...

Member #0
          January 1, 2000
          0 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2012, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Somer, did you notice who the first person was to use the term "idiotic" in an attempt to discredit a forum member just for an honest answer to his question? Wow.  Did you notice who was rude and full of his on self when we just gave an opinion. Sure, that made us angry but instead of just calling names we thought showing who was actually a creditable person or NOT by a demo using some of his own erroneous facts was much more civil.

All he has to do is show how he arrived at 37.5% with simple math. Then he can proceed with a lot more creditability when he brags about his College Statistics. Show us that he can do 3rd grade math first and then we will address those statistics. Believe me we can and will. First things first. 

We aren't going to discuss statistics with someone who can't even do simple math and show his own work and back it up. Not while he is name calling  and being rude.  Now that is a waste.

i read everything in this thread from the beginning. I can't speak for Crow in the name calling department, but what I can remark on is this....You showed me in your writings that you didn't get the big picture.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2012, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Think sampling, there's no reason pre draws should change the game.  You don't have to eat the whole pot of stew to know how it taste when a spoonful of it will tell you the same thing.  And sampling a spoonful of it won't change its taste unless you add/change something afterward. 

While some players complain that pre draws mesh up their playing strategies, no one has ever shown a losing ticket that matched all the numbers in a combination that came up in a  pre draw on the same date because the odds of that happening are the same as those combinations winning in the next three or four following drawings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22976 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:04 am - IP Logged

" idiotic reply"? Name calling is against the forum rules. Just because you don't like the response to your question you have a melt down?

If you are uncomfortable with people disagreeing with your questions perhaps you shouldn't ask in an open forum. It evidently causes you to have the manners of an old wash women. Your not a very exact person at any rate and especially with simple math and much less statistical analysis. How do you think 10 all odd pairs equals 37.5 %?

Far from 'melting down' and the idiotic referred to the reply. Technically, your 2nd response was laced with

sarcasm and a challenge to prove it...show it....explain it....and reveal it.

The posts have steered far left of what the initial purpose of the thread was. As much as you shouldn't

attack people, you probably shouldn't attack methods. Everyone has their take on things and invests time

and thought into what they post. Because someone does not understand or does not have the patience to

come to an understanding does not mean they should be reduced to presenting challenges or disrespecting

methods.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7322 Posts
                Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Think sampling, there's no reason pre draws should change the game.  You don't have to eat the whole pot of stew to know how it taste when a spoonful of it will tell you the same thing.  And sampling a spoonful of it won't change its taste unless you add/change something afterward. 

While some players complain that pre draws mesh up their playing strategies, no one has ever shown a losing ticket that matched all the numbers in a combination that came up in a  pre draw on the same date because the odds of that happening are the same as those combinations winning in the next three or four following drawings.

I'm not sure which process they use for testing pick-3 games but it's easy to assume ten balls numbered 1 to 0 are put into three machines and then the machines are turned on and tested. If the same machines and same ball sets are used from for the actual drawing, the odds of the same three numbered balls being drawn is exactly the same as any other 3 digit combination.

The Texas Lottery publishes the results of the pre-drawing tests after the drawings and I too would be upset if the number I played was drawn in the tests, but realistically the number I played still had the same 1 - 999 chance of being drawn regardless of the test. Basically the argument against pre-drawing test is the same as saying "those ping pong balls have memories".

Member #0
                  January 1, 2000
                  0 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:31 am - IP Logged

While some players complain that pre draws mesh up their playing strategies, no one has ever shown a losing ticket that matched all the numbers in a combination that came up in a  pre draw on the same date because the odds of that happening are the same as those combinations winning in the next three or four following drawings.

You don't need to see a ticket to know how biased it could be.

Member #0
                    January 1, 2000
                    0 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:36 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure which process they use for testing pick-3 games but it's easy to assume ten balls numbered 1 to 0 are put into three machines and then the machines are turned on and tested. If the same machines and same ball sets are used from for the actual drawing, the odds of the same three numbered balls being drawn is exactly the same as any other 3 digit combination.

The Texas Lottery publishes the results of the pre-drawing tests after the drawings and I too would be upset if the number I played was drawn in the tests, but realistically the number I played still had the same 1 - 999 chance of being drawn regardless of the test. Basically the argument against pre-drawing test is the same as saying "those ping pong balls have memories".

but realistically the number I played still had the same 1 - 999 chance of being drawn regardless of the test. Basically the argument against pre-drawing test is the same as saying "those ping pong balls have memories".

You make a geat point i agree. Where i disagree is that patterns are like fingerprints. The better you get at it, the faster you'll recognize the pattern.

Member #0
                      January 1, 2000
                      0 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:39 am - IP Logged

but realistically the number I played still had the same 1 - 999 chance of being drawn regardless of the test. Basically the argument against pre-drawing test is the same as saying "those ping pong balls have memories".

You make a geat point i agree. Where i disagree is that patterns are like fingerprints. The better you get at it, the faster you'll recognize the pattern.

I'd like to add, balls have NO memory, but laws have to be met.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        22976 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:46 am - IP Logged

I see what you're saying and it makes sense Stack. Say you have 6 pre-draws before the official drawing

and those numbers that are drawn are: 129, 458, 230, 234, 126, 888 and the final, official drawing (after

they've determined there are no malfunctions in the machine and everything is 'good to go') number is

457. If you knew what the pre-draw records were, wouldn't it be hard to get over the fact that if you played

458, 457 was the winner? Especially using systems/tracking/patterns that have been fairly consistent and

somewhat reliable? In PA I wish there was a place to find pre-draw info. On the website they will explain the

process but they do not show the results..nowhere I found anyway. (maybe that's a good thing though)

I can see crow's point also. Where we differ is in that PA has better trackable (predictable?) results than

some states I've looked over. The pre-draw info does not become a concern for me unless something

totally unfitting of the patterns and cycles of numbers comes into play...the ones where all you can do

is scratch your head and think, huh??

This could become a fairly complex discussion, there are people who believe that pre-draws screw up

systems, are unfair and are just plain cheating. The higher percentage of those that believe that probably

have the results available to them. I think I would tend to fit into that higher percentage too if I was able

to view the pre-draw data in PA.

There will always be 'bouncing ping pong ball theories' where people think there is nothing but totally

random involved...then there will always be the systems and numbers crunchers who 'know' it's more than

that.

I'm one of those....latter types. Big Smile

Member #0
                          January 1, 2000
                          0 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I see what you're saying and it makes sense Stack. Say you have 6 pre-draws before the official drawing

and those numbers that are drawn are: 129, 458, 230, 234, 126, 888 and the final, official drawing (after

they've determined there are no malfunctions in the machine and everything is 'good to go') number is

457. If you knew what the pre-draw records were, wouldn't it be hard to get over the fact that if you played

458, 457 was the winner? Especially using systems/tracking/patterns that have been fairly consistent and

somewhat reliable? In PA I wish there was a place to find pre-draw info. On the website they will explain the

process but they do not show the results..nowhere I found anyway. (maybe that's a good thing though)

I can see crow's point also. Where we differ is in that PA has better trackable (predictable?) results than

some states I've looked over. The pre-draw info does not become a concern for me unless something

totally unfitting of the patterns and cycles of numbers comes into play...the ones where all you can do

is scratch your head and think, huh??

This could become a fairly complex discussion, there are people who believe that pre-draws screw up

systems, are unfair and are just plain cheating. The higher percentage of those that believe that probably

have the results available to them. I think I would tend to fit into that higher percentage too if I was able

to view the pre-draw data in PA.

There will always be 'bouncing ping pong ball theories' where people think there is nothing but totally

random involved...then there will always be the systems and numbers crunchers who 'know' it's more than

that.

I'm one of those....latter types. Big Smile

ebbs an flows .

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                            Park City, UT
                            United States
                            Member #69864
                            January 18, 2009
                            993 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2012, 1:53 am - IP Logged

Whats more important is not the pre-draws but the using of the same machine and ball set.  For Powerball I actually try to predict what ball machine and ball set will be used for the next drawing and play numbers based on machine/ball-set.  When I predict the machine/ball-set correctly I usually do better than random.  From my experience just predicting the ball-set correctly will usually yield wins.

Jimmy

United States
                              Member #69530
                              January 11, 2009
                              7803 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2012, 8:52 am - IP Logged

I think pre draws are great because it shows the the ball sets are working correct and also if a number or pair that you are looking for hits in the pre draw then you know the chances are slim that it will hit in the actual draw which  will save you time and money wagering bets that have a very slim chance of coming!   Always remember the glass is half

Well i disagree. Do pre draws prevent a freak accident? I think not. If a machine wants to break down it will. You can test the brakes on your car every 3 seconds to make sure they work, but anything can happen brake related at anytime thereafter. There is no guarantee the brakes will always work soley based on passing  the test on scheduled basis.

Secondly, it can work against me. my number was already drawn in the pretest, now here I am, like a lost puppy looking into the wind for 10 days straight scratching my head.

Yeah Great idea...

Thanks Somer,

Here is how i think it basically works: most if not all lotteries use pre-draws in pick3 as a means to break up trends....and as we all know like in the stock market for example everyone tends to follow trends.....digits and combinations can get trendy meaning that they tend to hit more often then not and why this happens is anyones guess.

Lotteries know that many people use pick3 software in order to get an advantage.

When the lotteries can introduce hidden data in the form of pre-draws then this renders pick3 software ineffective because you cannot run an accurate analysis based on missing data. In NC triples hit three times in the pre-draws and none in the live draws released to the public.

Anytime the state lotteries can control the dynamics of the game with hidden data it just isnt fair to the players.

Consider this: there really are no missing digits , pairs..etc given how they have all hit previously in the pre-draws.

Page 2 of 24