Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are pre-draws corrupting your lottery strategy ?

Topic closed. 357 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 3 of 24
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19897 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2012, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Whats more important is not the pre-draws but the using of the same machine and ball set.  For Powerball I actually try to predict what ball machine and ball set will be used for the next drawing and play numbers based on machine/ball-set.  When I predict the machine/ball-set correctly I usually do better than random.  From my experience just predicting the ball-set correctly will usually yield wins.

Jimmy

Not knowing the pre draw results, the machine and ball set is normal for lottery drawings, so why even consider them when collecting data to predict the live drawings results?  Pollsters make fairly accurate predictions all the time only using a sampling of available data.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #69530
    January 11, 2009
    7803 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2012, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Not knowing the pre draw results, the machine and ball set is normal for lottery drawings, so why even consider them when collecting data to predict the live drawings results?  Pollsters make fairly accurate predictions all the time only using a sampling of available data.

RJ, thanks for contributing to the thread and keeping things on topic....it is appreciated and good luck to you in powerball this week.

Best of luck to you my friend

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2012, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Q: Are pre-draws corrupting your lottery strategy?

A: No. I don't worry about them.

Having said that, asking people who are all using different methods won't help you much ... because you're mostly going to get two opposing answers.

If their workouts are done by hand-and-intuition, it won't help you at all. LOL

The best way to get a feel for how much pre-draws matter is to backtest your method with pre-draws included, and backtest your method with pre-draws excluded. Compare the percentage hits.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8795 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2012, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Pre draws break up the cycle of what the actual draw history says it is suppose to do according to software data.

Type

JAP69's avatar - alas
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #6
          November 4, 2001
          8795 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2012, 11:15 am - IP Logged

This is why they have predraws to test randomness and equiptment. To cut down on this happening.

Type

Prometheus1's avatar - trace9

United States
            Member #1344
            April 6, 2003
            177 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2012, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Yes thanks RJOH. Your opinion and reputation here are well respected on the forum. Good to see you also disagree with Crow's unfounded rants.      Several others also disagree about pre draws.   

RJOH is not only one of the smartest folks on the forum he is a pretty wise player as well. He's right again here as well. 

Your lucky RJOH. Be careful. When you offer up an honest response to a question here that's when Crow goes off subject and off his NUTT.

He begins to brag with rants and name calling insults!  He insults you and says things like Idiotic - lack comprehension- trol-newbie- ignorant- along with his suck up friend(follower) like somer saying things like fixing stupid etc.

Oh yes, that might tend to blow someone off subject after being called and idiot. That is beyond bad manners and rather than returning insults We simply challenged him to explain his own level of competence. His bragging insults about his College Statistics brought this on himself. 

For months Crow has been injecting and pushing off BAD INFORMATION or "Bad DATA" in several post around the forum. The same junk. 

We called him on it. Rather than name calling back we happily called on him to correct his sloppy 3rd grade math regarding his 37.5 %

He has not ,he will not, and his non response proves that he cannot do it.   He interrupted his own question post with insults.

We interrupted his insults with a Challenge to his so called  "College level" thinking.  So far he is not looking very Scholarly or well mannered either.

Now then , back on subject. The answer to the question is, It makes NO difference. There, Thank You for the question.         

PROMETHEUS       

United States
              Member #69530
              January 11, 2009
              7803 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2012, 11:42 am - IP Logged

This is why they have predraws to test randomness and equiptment. To cut down on this happening.

Thanks JAP.

I just wish that all the state lotteries would post the pre-draws on their websites .... i hate the fact that we have hidden data...and when my combinations come out in the pre-draws it does get my blood to boiling.

Opti-Mystic's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg

Bahamas
                Member #91247
                May 13, 2010
                151 Posts
                Posted: January 6, 2012, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Q: Are pre-draws corrupting your lottery strategy?

A: No. I don't worry about them.

Having said that, asking people who are all using different methods won't help you much ... because you're mostly going to get two opposing answers.

If their workouts are done by hand-and-intuition, it won't help you at all. LOL

The best way to get a feel for how much pre-draws matter is to backtest your method with pre-draws included, and backtest your method with pre-draws excluded. Compare the percentage hits.

No. 1.  First, I'd like to find out from time*treat how to find out what the pre-drawn numbers are in the first place, especially for Chicago, Illinois - the state I play.

No. 2.  Second, I agree that the pre-draws negatively affect those who play systems, becuz I've seen it happen time and time again - no bull<snip>, that's the truth from here to Heaven.   

For me, random is simply "ordered chaos" - an oxymoron yes, just like "a wanton nun" or "fiery ice" - but a trueism nonetheless. Let's say you were to take the 1000 numbers and divide them into three, you'd end up with two sets of 333 nos. and the third set of 334.  However you decide to order them, you'll find that nos. will hit in each set fairly consistently and the "due" set is where you would select your nos. to play.  You will also notice that there is a certain cylical rhythm to each set.  The pre-draw disrupts this rhythm and that's when you find that the "due" set takes longer to play.  The way to work around it is to select your nos. from  the "non-due" sets instead.  This strategy usually results in higher hit ratios.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

The "Winners Circle"  is incomplete without me!

United States
                  Member #69530
                  January 11, 2009
                  7803 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2012, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Yes thanks RJOH. Your opinion and reputation here are well respected on the forum. Good to see you also disagree with Crow's unfounded rants.      Several others also disagree about pre draws.   

RJOH is not only one of the smartest folks on the forum he is a pretty wise player as well. He's right again here as well. 

Your lucky RJOH. Be careful. When you offer up an honest response to a question here that's when Crow goes off subject and off his NUTT.

He begins to brag with rants and name calling insults!  He insults you and says things like Idiotic - lack comprehension- trol-newbie- ignorant- along with his suck up friend(follower) like somer saying things like fixing stupid etc.

Oh yes, that might tend to blow someone off subject after being called and idiot. That is beyond bad manners and rather than returning insults We simply challenged him to explain his own level of competence. His bragging insults about his College Statistics brought this on himself. 

For months Crow has been injecting and pushing off BAD INFORMATION or "Bad DATA" in several post around the forum. The same junk. 

We called him on it. Rather than name calling back we happily called on him to correct his sloppy 3rd grade math regarding his 37.5 %

He has not ,he will not, and his non response proves that he cannot do it.   He interrupted his own question post with insults.

We interrupted his insults with a Challenge to his so called  "College level" thinking.  So far he is not looking very Scholarly or well mannered either.

Now then , back on subject. The answer to the question is, It makes NO difference. There, Thank You for the question.         

Once again youve interruped the thread with an off topic attempt. This is typical troll behaviour that ive witnessed on this site many times by people who are not genuinely interested in learning.

Why come back only to create another firestorm ?

Are you not going to address the subject matter which btw is pre-draws ?

I know what youre attempting and that is to get TODD involved who is the lotterypost administrator as a means to shut this thread down because i have seen trolls do this time and time again.

I can only imagine the difficulty it was for your teachers in school where you attended.

There really is no need for you to come back with anymore of your rebuttals.... matter of fact just go troll elsewhere.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #6
                    November 4, 2001
                    8795 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks JAP.

I just wish that all the state lotteries would post the pre-draws on their websites .... i hate the fact that we have hidden data...and when my combinations come out in the pre-draws it does get my blood to boiling.

Yes data history does have its drawbacks especially when tracking your numbers in any group form. If it is possible when tracking in groups to program your tracking system to take out the individual combination that hit in that group to have draw data on the remaining combos in that group. Just need to program those combos taken out to be put back in at a specified time.

Like RJOH says we are tracking the actual draws that are posted.

Pre draws are a draw back for those using software stats.

Type

Opti-Mystic's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg

Bahamas
                      Member #91247
                      May 13, 2010
                      151 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Once again youve interruped the thread with an off topic attempt. This is typical troll behaviour that ive witnessed on this site many times by people who are not genuinely interested in learning.

Why come back only to create another firestorm ?

Are you not going to address the subject matter which btw is pre-draws ?

I know what youre attempting and that is to get TODD involved who is the lotterypost administrator as a means to shut this thread down because i have seen trolls do this time and time again.

I can only imagine the difficulty it was for your teachers in school where you attended.

There really is no need for you to come back with anymore of your rebuttals.... matter of fact just go troll elsewhere.

Crow:  I really don't want to get into this 'fight/argument' you gat goin with these dudes, but becuz I've won at least twice from checking the data you post for Illinois, I'd just respectfully advise this:  "Ignore your detractors as if they do not exist, do not dignify their remarks with a response - that's when they'll stop."  Perhaps also, put this question to a Poll and see how many yeh's or nays you get - I'll bet you get more yeh's than nays!!!

The "Winners Circle"  is incomplete without me!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10491 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

2+X = 4 

Missing data ?...... LOL      NOT a problem !

At any rate... it's the ODDS ......and the odds don't change.

Use odds and you will be just fine.

Man has been overcoming missing data for thousands of years with success.

Coffee

Run a million balls through the machines ....and the odds are always the same for the next draw. 

The odds are always 1/1000 odds........ and the next ....and the next... etc.   

Some people combine Mid & Eve draws......some don't....and that's OK.

Either way ... draws don't change the odds ..... they don't change.

Hey, some people combine several STATES draws together! Just because they do it that way .....it won't change your state's draw. That's not logical is it ? Thumbs Up 

......and say, all those secret draws we do in our basement before each draw every day? They don't effect the draws.  LOL  We don't release that data either. 

P.S.  Crow.... you insult people for answering a posted question....call them names ..and you can  expect normal people to take offence, even get mad, and you can bet they will certainly go off subject. LOL  Can't blame them for that.  Good Luck 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

No. 1.  First, I'd like to find out from time*treat how to find out what the pre-drawn numbers are in the first place, especially for Chicago, Illinois - the state I play.

No. 2.  Second, I agree that the pre-draws negatively affect those who play systems, becuz I've seen it happen time and time again - no bull<snip>, that's the truth from here to Heaven.   

For me, random is simply "ordered chaos" - an oxymoron yes, just like "a wanton nun" or "fiery ice" - but a trueism nonetheless. Let's say you were to take the 1000 numbers and divide them into three, you'd end up with two sets of 333 nos. and the third set of 334.  However you decide to order them, you'll find that nos. will hit in each set fairly consistently and the "due" set is where you would select your nos. to play.  You will also notice that there is a certain cylical rhythm to each set.  The pre-draw disrupts this rhythm and that's when you find that the "due" set takes longer to play.  The way to work around it is to select your nos. from  the "non-due" sets instead.  This strategy usually results in higher hit ratios.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

1) Hmmm, I'd send them an e-mail asking if the pre-draw/post-draw (test draw, they call it) info is available either as a link on their site, or as a file they can send you.

2) Pre-drawings and other variations like day-eve vs. day-day, certainly have an effect on how systems perform. Sometimes you just have to grab a couple years worth of data and see what happens under different scenarios. Lots of people try to skip that step.

Cheers

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                            Member #69530
                            January 11, 2009
                            7803 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Just so you'll quit trolling the forum ill show you how i arrive at  the 37.5 % and after i do i dont want anymore rebuttals either.

Listed below are the last 300 draws from the NC forum.

267 751 074 216 272 484 910 642 427 911 992 326 379 794 852 180 104 575 523 766 604 895 428 824 116 292 997 942 572 990 978 686 654 566 768 575 049 409 183 837 101 623 682 624 816 809 025 456 190 488 607 575 574 953 610 355 262 487 031 818 831 424 855 934 640 851 459 247 719 815 298 298 311 493 109 739 535 193 894 005 149 420 988 386 578 940 670 053 083 454 249 077 775 875 380 332 658 512 646 261 485 480 481 748 322 928 204 116 964 817 611 659 330 364 964 902 410 061 573 348 381 911 774 879 037 341 291 857 772 379 406 184 842 295 629 050 846 014 155 982 521 908 557 337 184 641 001 679 299 493 155 391 972 571 829 596 203 194 486 288 652 532 837 699 895 698 097 815 536 321 899 405 845 184 367 704 224 483 219 498 119 502 641 309 469 302 927 830 754 479 875 854 802 232 383 623 165 326 357 717 172 914 340 749 501 972 419 904 145 507 443 316 402 960 635 882 227 508 982 854 514 256 403 898 983 044 092 976 326 432 848 285 950 346 222 461 096 312 032 223 206 013 052 194 256 745 763 768 043 144 541 567 648 613 063 717 344 791 617 273 644 502 343 468 833 295 153 294 689 641 437 376 731 432 393 461 804 598 536 877 655 469 808 208 893 204 368 730 741 227 687 692 955 426 825 460 435 520 318 559

As you can see from the above data ooe hit 87 times and eeo hit 102

now here is the easy part as the combinations climb they level off respectively to 100/100 after successive draws...this makes up 75% of all combinations that are drawn (unmatched)

the 75% unmatched figure divided by  2 = 37.5% per group

United States
                              Member #69530
                              January 11, 2009
                              7803 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2012, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

2+X = 4 

Missing data ?...... LOL      NOT a problem !

At any rate... it's the ODDS ......and the odds don't change.

Use odds and you will be just fine.

Man has been overcoming missing data for thousands of years with success.

Coffee

Run a million balls through the machines ....and the odds are always the same for the next draw. 

The odds are always 1/1000 odds........ and the next ....and the next... etc.   

Some people combine Mid & Eve draws......some don't....and that's OK.

Either way ... draws don't change the odds ..... they don't change.

Hey, some people combine several STATES draws together! Just because they do it that way .....it won't change your state's draw. That's not logical is it ? Thumbs Up 

......and say, all those secret draws we do in our basement before each draw every day? They don't effect the draws.  LOL  We don't release that data either. 

P.S.  Crow.... you insult people for answering a posted question....call them names ..and you can  expect normal people to take offence, even get mad, and you can bet they will certainly go off subject. LOL  Can't blame them for that.  Good Luck 

If missing data is not a problem then why play missing structures.....that is the hallmark with the lot soft pro program youre using isnt it...?

The truth is odds do change in relationship to the data your using ..... the key here is missing data....ya know as in missing data ?

Missing data is what renders your software program ineffective if not you'd be winning like gangbusters which btw you aren't.

Page 3 of 24