Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe every combination has the same probability?

595 replies. Last post 14 days ago by Soledad.

Page 7 of 40
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2016, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

This is hands down the most ignorant thing I've read since being on LP. You have to be he most clueless person on the planet. Wow!...Just wow !

Thanks for your compliments!

Being that I'm dumb, please instruct me, and other LP members, on how winning combinations are chosen.

Be interesting to know how you are fitting reality with your personal view regarding lottery outcomes. 
Got any special algorithms that reveal lottery secrets??

By the way. Why don't you show us clueless folks your workout and how you are winning.
I suspect you don't have a plan and can't remember when you won something, if ever.

There is a ton false information about lotteries being spread by folks trying to take advantage of players who
are flying on a wing and a prayer, rather than common sense.

I've a feeling you might be a ring leader.

Thanks for your interest.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    877 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2016, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Being that I'm dumb, please instruct me, and other LP members, on how winning combinations are chosen.

Be interesting to know how you are fitting reality with your personal view regarding lottery outcomes. 

By the way. Why don't you show us clueless folks your workout and how you are winning.
    I suspect you don't have a plan and can't remember when you won something, if ever.

There is a ton false information about lotteries being spread by folks trying to take advantage of players who

How winning combinations are chosen.....

69-1 +  68-1 +  67-1 +  66-1 +  65-1 = $1,000,000  and then add 26-1 =  POWERBALL JACKPOT

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

San Angelo, Texas
      United States
      Member #1097
      January 31, 2003
      1394 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2016, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

How winning combinations are chosen.....

69-1 +  68-1 +  67-1 +  66-1 +  65-1 = $1,000,000  and then add 26-1 =  POWERBALL JACKPOT

The question is how the official lotteries choose winning combinations, not personal strategies.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
        Member #164727
        March 12, 2015
        2510 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2016, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

I only take the time to explain, with great detail to people who I believe have an open mind. People like you, Stuck47, and KY Jelly have your minds made up already, so it's futile. 

If you and the other two clowns really believe that doing up to 7 pre tests has no affect on the official drawing, then there's nothing else to write. I've already written about this till my fingers bled. Also wrote many times how to remedy any possible tampering, but you people never address the issues I bring up, only regurgitate your crap.

It's a waste of my time to explain things to a person who thinks they know everything there is to know. 

Guessing (99% sure) you're the type to believe the politicians are all on the legit too. They saw you coming a mile away and love people like you. 

San Angelo, Texas
          United States
          Member #1097
          January 31, 2003
          1394 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2016, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I only take the time to explain, with great detail to people who I believe have an open mind. People like you, Stuck47, and KY Jelly have your minds made up already, so it's futile. 

If you and the other two clowns really believe that doing up to 7 pre tests has no affect on the official drawing, then there's nothing else to write. I've already written about this till my fingers bled. Also wrote many times how to remedy any possible tampering, but you people never address the issues I bring up, only regurgitate your crap.

It's a waste of my time to explain things to a person who thinks they know everything there is to know. 

Guessing (99% sure) you're the type to believe the politicians are all on the legit too. They saw you coming a mile away and love people like you. 

Pre-tests are a fact of life.
          We can moan and groan day and night, but the lottery officials aren't listening.
          I once thought it would be a good idea to process the pre-tests permutations, but, decided it wouldn't make a difference. Be a lot of work for me and my methods and not worth it.
          I understand your position, but, again, I disagree, which is my right.
          I, too, question the need for 6 pre-tests for Texas Lotto.
          To compensate, I just don't remember that the lottery folks test their equipment.
          I put maximum emphasis on the last, or official, drawing, and use the winning integers to drive my workout.
          We can't reverse engineer the drawings.
          We can't predict what the winning permutation will be.
          All we can do, in my clueless opinion, is design something that generates useful trend lines.
          This is what I do and the payback is a winning ticket - now and then.
          I'm sorry you think I'm trying to convince everyone that I know everything. I certainly don't.
          However, I know how the machines work.

United States
            Member #164727
            March 12, 2015
            2510 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2016, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Pre-tests are a fact of life.
            We can moan and groan day and night, but the lottery officials aren't listening.
            I once thought it would be a good idea to process the pre-tests permutations, but, decided it wouldn't make a difference. Be a lot of work for me and my methods and not worth it.
            I understand your position, but, again, I disagree, which is my right.
            I, too, question the need for 6 pre-tests for Texas Lotto.
            To compensate, I just don't remember that the lottery folks test their equipment.
            I put maximum emphasis on the last, or official, drawing, and use the winning integers to drive my workout.
            We can't reverse engineer the drawings.
            We can't predict what the winning permutation will be.
            All we can do, in my clueless opinion, is design something that generates useful trend lines.
            This is what I do and the payback is a winning ticket - now and then.
            I'm sorry you think I'm trying to convince everyone that I know everything. I certainly don't.
            However, I know how the machines work.

You answered my concerns, and you didn't even realize you did..lol

All we can do is to design something that generates USEFUL trend lines.

I apologize for being such an A-hole, but it's things like this that make me go nuts ROFL

Ever heard of the term, garbage in, garbage out?  Smash

Have you ever flipped a coin with a friend when you were younger, or even recently? In my case I've done so many times I couldn't tell you how much.  At the start of those flips, did you tell your friend that you wanted to make sure your hands were working properly, and that you needed to do some tests first? Did you also tell your friend that anytime during the testing, If a side of a coin showed twice in a row, another test would be required? 

I'm hoping you've never done that. Big Grin

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
              N.C.
              United States
              Member #56005
              October 28, 2007
              829 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2016, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Rambling on, but bottom line is such lottery games are darn close to random. Enough so that Pick-X games are essentially unbeatable. The law of big numbers makes it a near certainty that lotteries will continue to rake in big profits regardless of how individual players play; no need to fix such games.

I disagree as far as the p-2, p-3, and p-4 games.

There is no good reason whatsoever to perform anywhere up to 6 or 7 pre and post tests, 21 ball set tubes, and three machines in Florida.

A: If they want to protect from tampering, lock the machines in a vault with a video surveillance camera that a night watchman monitors. This method would cost a whole lot less than employing a handful of people spending 15 hours a day playing with machines...lol

B: The other lame excuse of making sure the machines work properly is bogus. What will they do If the machine breaks down after spending upwards of 7 hours performing all that pre and post test nonsense? Guess what? They re-do the draw right? So what did they gain, absolutely nothing.

Like I've said a million times, true randomness is to put the balls back in the machine and leave it alone till the next drawing, SIMPLE!

Funny you should make your last statement. we were having that same discussion on the lucky4life forum.
              the actual reasons these lottery officials tamper with the machines is to keep systematic players like us
              from gaining an advantage.

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: September 16, 2016, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

"Basically, what YOU'RE asserting here is that even the current official results have no bearing on what can possibly happen next."

It's not just "basically". Past results, official or not, have absolute no affect on future results.  Future drawings use all of the numbers (though not necessarily the same ball sets or machines), so every possible outcome is in play and has the same probability. How many people suffer from the delusion that a 6 becomes more likely the longer it doesn't get drawn isn't a factor. As long as the ball with the "6" on it is the same as all the other balls its chances of being selcted are strictly a function of how many balls there are and how many are drawn.

"Help me out."

I already did. Things aren't true because of whether or not people believe them. At one time everybody believed the Earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it. You probably know that the Earth isn't flat, and that the sun doesn't revolve around it. I hope you know that's always been true, and that the Earth didn't become round once enough people started to believe it was round. The lottery isn't any different. Even if 90% of people share the delusion that past results have some control over future results they don't.

"Every one that studies the lottery games KNOWS that there are patterns to the drawn numbers."

That's true. Unfortunately only some of those people understand cause and effect. The patterns are caused by the effect of random probability. Since the patterns don't have an effect on the results they don't do anything at all to predict future results. That you say that some patterns are long term and others are short term should offer you the necessary clue. If the rules of the game remain the same and the patterns were meaningful they would be persistent.

"This is hands down the most ignorant thing I've read since being on LP."

It only seems that way  because you're one of the people with the delusion. The only difference between you and all of the people who thought  the idea of the Earth being round was preposterous is that most people were smart enough to recognize the reality when confronted with the evidence. Well, there's also the different that the people who thought the Earth was flat could actually offer up a  decent, albeit erroneous, argument for the belief.

"I've already written about this till my fingers bled."

And I'm sure that you honestly believe that what you wrote made sense, but you're wrong. Just like your nonsense about planets being round because nature demands balance, you're unable to provide a cogent explanation about why things would work the way you think they do.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                  Winning makes me smile.
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4857 Posts
                  Posted: September 16, 2016, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

"Basically, what YOU'RE asserting here is that even the current official results have no bearing on what can possibly happen next."

It's not just "basically". Past results, official or not, have absolute no affect on future results.  Future drawings use all of the numbers (though not necessarily the same ball sets or machines), so every possible outcome is in play and has the same probability. How many people suffer from the delusion that a 6 becomes more likely the longer it doesn't get drawn isn't a factor. As long as the ball with the "6" on it is the same as all the other balls its chances of being selcted are strictly a function of how many balls there are and how many are drawn.

"Help me out."

I already did. Things aren't true because of whether or not people believe them. At one time everybody believed the Earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it. You probably know that the Earth isn't flat, and that the sun doesn't revolve around it. I hope you know that's always been true, and that the Earth didn't become round once enough people started to believe it was round. The lottery isn't any different. Even if 90% of people share the delusion that past results have some control over future results they don't.

"Every one that studies the lottery games KNOWS that there are patterns to the drawn numbers."

That's true. Unfortunately only some of those people understand cause and effect. The patterns are caused by the effect of random probability. Since the patterns don't have an effect on the results they don't do anything at all to predict future results. That you say that some patterns are long term and others are short term should offer you the necessary clue. If the rules of the game remain the same and the patterns were meaningful they would be persistent.

It only seems that way  because you're one of the people with the delusion. The only difference between you and all of the people who thought  the idea of the Earth being round was preposterous is that most people were smart enough to recognize the reality when confronted with the evidence. Well, there's also the different that the people who thought the Earth was flat could actually offer up a  decent, albeit erroneous, argument for the belief.

And I'm sure that you honestly believe that what you wrote made sense, but you're wrong. Just like your nonsense about planets being round because nature demands balance, you're unable to provide a cogent explanation about why things would work the way you think they do.

Since the patterns don't have an effect on the results they don't do anything at all to predict future results.

Yes they do.

Example. A recent Root Sum pattern. 

O,O,O,O,O,E,E,E,E,O,O,O,O,E,E,O,O,O,E,E,E,E,O,E,O,O,E,O,E,E,O,E,O,E,E,O,E,O,O,E,O,O,O,O,O,E,O,O,O,E,O,O,E,O,O,E,E,O.

Now what does this tell you? Maybe you should play either odd or even at least 2 or 3 days in a row, rather than alternate them. Sound good to you? That to me is predicting future results. The result will the same as the day before for at least 2 days in a row. Now some one may say," You are seeing this after the fact. You can't predict whether it will be odd or even before it happens."

But you can. As I said earlier, History repeats itself. If you have studied your game for any length of time and saw this, you would know that this is a perfectly normal pattern that occurs over and over. So you could effectively make the prediction whether today's RS is odd or even based on the last draws RS.  If you didn't have this information you may think it's random whether the RS is going to be odd or even, but with this information, you know better. And in this case,  you CAN use the past to predict the future.

The numbers, (or sometimes letters) will tell you what numbers to play.  If you pay attention to the numbers, you will know what to play.

Btw, the next RS was odd.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                    Member #164727
                    March 12, 2015
                    2510 Posts
                    Posted: September 16, 2016, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

"Help me out."

I'm the one that's delusional? So are you telling me that doing up to 7 pre tests does NOT affect the official draw? 

Go back to your KY Jelly factory. You're either the dumbest moron on Earth, or someone who's really bad at trolling.

This isn't rocket science genius, but some people like you can't even process simple explanations. 

Next time you decide to drive your car, start and stop the engine 10 times to make sure the starter works. Then when you're done driving, perform the 10 steps again to make sure the starter is still working. And don't send me your starter replacement bill.

WOW!...some people are just plain dumb !!!!!!     Thud

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1648 Posts
                      Posted: September 16, 2016, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

"Help me out."

It's not just "basically". Past results, official or not, have absolute no affect on future results.  Future drawings use all of the numbers (though not necessarily the same ball sets or machines), so every possible outcome is in play and has the same probability.

LOLGreen laugh

Every thing dealing with gambling is ALL about numbers, and, winning/losing. To remotely assert that the lotteries would conduct a completely 'blind' operation without an idea of how much they'd win or lose is absurd, sir. There's a rhyme and reason for the process they use but, not all players will figure it out...you being one of 'em.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/02/02/statistician-cracked-lottery.html

While I urge you to carefully read the entire article, I must share the three most telling excerpts from it...and they're common sense:

-“But that’s not possible, since the lottery corporation needs to control the number of winning tickets. The game can’t be truly random,” he concluded. “Instead, it has to generate the illusion of randomness while actually being carefully determined.”-

-The larger significance of Srivastava’s winning hack, though, is the confirmation that the lottery is often more contrived than spontaneous. “There is nothing random about the lottery,” he said. “In reality, everything about the game has been carefully designed to control payouts and entice the consumer.”-

-Since it was never his main goal to scam the lottery, Srivastava duly reported his findings to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, which pulled the flawed game the next day. But variations of his trick have been shown to increase odds of winning on various other scratch tickets.-

These statements go hand-in-hand with my very last post regarding systems and more losers than winners for the operation to be successful. Once again, anyone smart with a tried, true, and proven method to generate money is gonna remain quiet. Not to say this guy wasn't smart for what he did but, he actually had a good thing with simply utilizing his God-given math skills. Lots more of him are out there.Yes Nod Now, please continue with how certain lottery games cannot be predictable with some hard work and attention to detail. 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                        Northern Virginia
                        United States
                        Member #83350
                        December 5, 2009
                        1313 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2016, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

For straight combinations, yes. However, with some combinations, patterns are likely to emerge and make you think otherwise. 

Example: Nine of the 15 times that 247 won in exact order in Virginia have been on Thursdays. In fact, of the first 11 times that 247 won in exact order in Virginia, all 11 were on either a Wednesday or a Thursday. In fact, with the exception of two drawings in 2012, 247 has won in exact order in Virginia only on Wednesdays and Thursdays. 

330 has won in Virginia on Leap Day not once, but twice (2000 and 2016).

In Virginia, three of my birthday's first six wins were all on Tuesday nights in January or March. Based on these patterns, I actually successfully predicted a date on which my birthday 104 would win in Virginia (unfortunately, I was a dummkopf and forgot to buy a ticket). 

In Wisconsin, five of the last six times my birthday has won there have been on Fridays. My birthday has won in Wisconsin more often on Fridays than on all other days of the week COMBINED. Therefore, I might be inclined to think that my birthday is more likely to win on a Friday in Wisconsin.

The Illinois Lottery started in February 1980, but my birthday did not win the Illinois 3-ball on a weekday in Illinois until August 2005 (January 2010 if you include Fridays in the weekend). My birthday did win the Illinois 4-ball on a Tuesday in 1983, though.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

New York, NY
                          United States
                          Member #140634
                          March 23, 2013
                          2958 Posts
                          Posted: September 17, 2016, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it's fair to blame lottery officials for 'tampering' with machines, or for 'choosing' different numbers that come out. Those machines are sophisticatedly built. Why would they tamper with them. Sophisticated in terms of computers and machines would equate to expensive. And they don't 'choose' the numbers that come up, they don't even touch the balls without gloves to make sure nothing comes into contact with them. The numbers are chosen from the rules and nature of the game, i.e. random process decides the winners. They switch the balls, because they don't last forever. They do their best to make sure the game is fair. As long as their procedures are kept in place, there could be no way to accuse them of 'tampering'.

Atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #176920
                            September 1, 2016
                            46 Posts
                            Posted: September 17, 2016, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

You are absolutely right.The future numbers depends on the current pattern ,diagonal 2 number patterns, and that goes for all lotteries. for instance 69   59  diagonal,the future numbers will be   dependant on that pattern.I wont say how but study the numbers and you will see.

Wyomissing, PA
                              United States
                              Member #161050
                              November 15, 2014
                              301 Posts
                              Posted: September 17, 2016, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I'm the one that's delusional? So are you telling me that doing up to 7 pre tests does NOT affect the official draw? 

Go back to your KY Jelly factory. You're either the dumbest moron on Earth, or someone who's really bad at trolling.

This isn't rocket science genius, but some people like you can't even process simple explanations. 

Next time you decide to drive your car, start and stop the engine 10 times to make sure the starter works. Then when you're done driving, perform the 10 steps again to make sure the starter is still working. And don't send me your starter replacement bill.

WOW!...some people are just plain dumb !!!!!!     Thud

KY Floyd's post is spot on. Before replying back, consider this: "Cognitive biases are tendencies to think in certain ways that can lead to systematic deviations from a standard of rationality or good judgment, and are often studied in psychology and behavioral economics.", and visit the Wikipedia entry below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Very interesting list. Most everyone, including myself, is influenced by one or more of those biases. The human mind, for how wonderful it is, has many weaknesses. Seeking to finding patterns in random events with the hope of predicting the next outcome is among them. Along with believing past draws directly effect future ones.

Maybe there are flaws with various lottery draw machines and/or related draw procedures.  Players have found flaws before.  However, barring some glitch, the assertion that pre-tests directly effect future draws is folly. Have you done any back-testing to see whether pre-tests really made any meaningful difference? Seeing hard data would be helpful.

Page 7 of 40