Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe every combination has the same probability?

595 replies. Last post 13 days ago by Soledad.

Page 40 of 40
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2016, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Look at the number 7354 Lucky Loser and all I suppose. Think about what I was saying and talking about. Seriously. NEW YORK MIDDAY WIN 4 NUMBER-----7358. My math is good. That good. No matter what anyone thinks. That's a prime example of how I know. Salute

Soledad, I get it that you're attempting to apply a form of math which is vastly different than mine to arrive at what you believe works. Fine, okay, but you're still falling a day late and a dollar short with all this back dating non-sense. Look, you had all your 735X- +/- (4) business seemingly ready back on the 30th of last month, right? All you had to do is simply play the combos which were nudging you with 735X from then until now and YOU'D HAVE YOUR STRAIGHT! What the he11 are you waiting on, man?? Seriously. This same thing happened just a week ago where you showed up illustrating how you should've won, and, I had to show you how and where you lost out on $$$. Now, here we go again, and, this time you missed out on a Pick 4 straight!!

Soledad, all I suppose is that you begin playing your system-based picks because you're not looking real good right now. Unless, you're just not as confident in what you're trying to push.....

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2016, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

If I had the money, resources, and logistics to accurately get all my play slips printed, I guarantee that I could hit at the right time with intent...no luck or hope needed. There has only been one person here at LP that actually 'get's it' when it comes to proper number crunching and they're no longer here as far as I know. If he had the money, he could knock off a jackpot, too...guaranteed. 

On a mission like this a jackpot game would be more of an elimination game than any of the games.. Averages play a big part in the process of elimination and timing therefore every combination would not need to be played to give a person a good chance at winning.. 

Averages play a big part in the process of elimination and timing therefore every combination would not need to be played to give a person a good chance at winning.. 

Player only need one combination to win (the winning combination).  Most players picking their own combinations whether picking one or a thousand are trying to do.  That's what I'm trying to do when I play a few lines and I've only come close twice in my life when I matched 5of6 in Ohio's 649 game.  The last time it happened in 2013, I posted my picks on the prediction board.  Since PB tickets went to $2, I'm trying with fewer lines.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1648 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2016, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

"If I had the money, resources, and logistics to accurately get all my play slips printed, I guarantee that I could hit at the right time with intent...no luck or hope needed. There has only been one person here at LP that actually 'get's it' when it comes to proper number crunching and they're no longer here as far as I know. If he had the money, he could knock off a jackpot, too...guaranteed." 

The only way to guaranteed a jackpot win is to play every possible combination and today's lottery jackpots seldom accumulate enough prize money to cover the cost of doing that let alone show a profit.

This is a much, much better answer than the way you were going earlierSmiley. I still slightly disagree with a portion of it, though, because it's dependant upon a couple of things. When I was speaking initially, I meant from a pure money is no object systematic math-based approach. We all know, though, it ain't gonna happen like that and it'll be pure luck IF one of us were to ever match all those numbers on just a couple of tickets.

#lotto-4-a-living

New York, NY
        United States
        Member #140634
        March 23, 2013
        2951 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2016, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I suppose the saying what's the matter for me might be said. Yeah I put that up for others to see and didn't get anything. Fine. But I can laugh and shake my head. It's happened before, I'm sure it will happen again. Too many numbers..I'm sure you can at least understand that side. I'm not really tryng to push anything. I will never doubt my system for New York. It's the only place I ever played. Maybe if I focus on just my stuff only again, I'll be able to be more patient and see only what I need to. Anyways well alright Lucky Loser, I appreciate your direction. Seriously all the best. Take care.

Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1648 Posts
          Posted: November 2, 2016, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

To make such a statement is to say that in fact there are combinations that would be sought after as more 'likely' to win in such a project.. I think that would be the idea of the mission.. IMO all combinations would not be present in such project.. The project would be to make a profit a preferrably a large one.. When people say they possibly would win if they had enough resources to do so whatever they define that as in their own minds would vary from person to person 

You'd be correct for the most part and playing all the combos would be considered 'insurance' in my way of thinking, although, I wouldn't be doing that. I never used the word 'possibly', I used the word 'guarantee' because mathematical accuracy would be the insurance guaranteeing the win. Big difference there. The MIT students wouldn't have been able to get those deep pocket investors to front all that money with talking about 'possibly winning.' They showed it to them in real time and I know this as fact. They knew they'd win...over and over. You don't BS around with that kind of money.

#lotto-4-a-living

New York, NY
            United States
            Member #140634
            March 23, 2013
            2951 Posts
            Posted: November 3, 2016, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

"Woman denied $43 million jackpot" Top Story here right now.

Machine malfunctioned. Malfunctions make all pays and plays void.

See everybody? Testing makes the game more fair. 

That is crazy though.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2016, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Averages play a big part in the process of elimination and timing therefore every combination would not need to be played to give a person a good chance at winning.. 

Player only need one combination to win (the winning combination).  Most players picking their own combinations whether picking one or a thousand are trying to do.  That's what I'm trying to do when I play a few lines and I've only come close twice in my life when I matched 5of6 in Ohio's 649 game.  The last time it happened in 2013, I posted my picks on the prediction board.  Since PB tickets went to $2, I'm trying with fewer lines.

"Player only need one combination to win (the winning combination)."

It's starting to look like we have many different ideas of what probability is. It's a fact one combination will be drawn but there is a very tiny probability any one of these millions of combination will be the one. With over 275 million combinations against that one combo winning, in reality it has a snowballs chance.

Even though the probability/odds are 1 in 326, every now and then I play a 4-minute Keno 4-spot. There is a two and three number match payoff that helps a player stay in the game longer. When we talk lottery, probability is in days, weeks, months, and years. but because there is only 4 minutes between drawings, Keno probability is measured in hours and players should get a three number match every once every two hours or three times every five hours.

We can expect to match a MM bonus number once every 15 drawings, but that could take over 7 weeks and 16 weeks with PB. A straight pick-3 number, once every 1000 and if that doesn't happen twice every 2000, five every 5000, etc. What I'm trying to say, probability depends on how it's expressed.

New York, NY
                United States
                Member #140634
                March 23, 2013
                2951 Posts
                Posted: November 8, 2016, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Soledad , have you ever followed the strings of a cash 3or play 4 lottery. Lets use string 123456 as an example. In the last 100 draws one of those digits have appeared. For that string to break, 3 of the missing digits have to appear. Look very close at the draws for NY, how many draws don't reach 100. Does that not prove the draws are not Random? If you see that string around 100 skips, start betting on the missing 4 digits. Ny Mid 356789 is at 124 skips in which one of those digits have been drawn, it is now at 125. 619 was the mid draw. The max skip is 131.

135 skips I believe total. Great attention to details Carbob. Very good call. Thanks and Congrats!! 112 Midday

PartyParty

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                  Winning makes me smile.
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4852 Posts
                  Posted: November 20, 2016, 1:17 am - IP Logged

Here is an example of what are called "completely random" drawings by the Maryland lottery for this month, all on the evening in Maryland.

And the month isn't even over yet...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!   Eek    ScaredThudPonder  Oogle   Blue Thinking    Skeptical   BS 

Nov.   9   6475

Nov. 10   1230

Nov. 14   5746

Nov. 15   7546

Nov. 16   3645

Nov. 19   7456

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                    Winning makes me smile.
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    4852 Posts
                    Posted: November 20, 2016, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Here is an example of what are called "completely random" drawings by the Maryland lottery for this month, all on the evening in Maryland.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!   Eek    ScaredThudPonder  Oogle   Blue Thinking    Skeptical   BS 

Nov.   9   6475

Nov. 10   1230

Nov. 14   5746

Nov. 15   7546

Nov. 16   3645

Nov. 19   7456

To put this in a little more perspective, here are the total 4 consecutive series #'s for the entire YEAR. This is just Md EVE.

1983 - 3  Eve P4 Started May 5

1984 - 10

1985 -  8

1986 - 5

1987 - 5

1988 - 12

1989 - 7

1990 - 9

1991 - 6

1992 - 12

1993 - 5

1994 - 7

1995 - 16

1996  - 14

1997 - 7

1998 - 3

1999 - 9

2000 - 9

2001 - 13

2002 - 10

2003 - 11

2004 - 6

2005 - 9

2006  - 10

2007 - 7

2008 - 8

2009 - 9

2010 - 4

2011 - 13

2012 -  7

2013  - 9

2014 - 10

2015 - 4

2016 - 10  thru Nov 19. There are  6 in Nov.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

New York, NY
                      United States
                      Member #140634
                      March 23, 2013
                      2951 Posts
                      Posted: November 20, 2016, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Nov.   9   6475

Nov. 10   1230

Nov. 14   5746

Nov. 15   7546

Nov. 16   3645

Nov. 19   7456

New York had,

11/10 (mid)  3146

11/11 (mid)  3146

11/15 (mid)  0220

11/15 (eve)   0606

11/19 (mid ) 5121

11/19 (eve)   5221

A little more consecutive, New York's annoying as heck. That's a double double back to back with two zeros in both. That's just for the past week.

Page 40 of 40